Oct 24, 2017 04:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 67 (67.7%)
9 - 24 (24.2%)
8 - 4 (4%)
7 - 4 (4%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [410] Operation Beifong  (Read 33933 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Nov 19, 2014 08:52 pm »

Release date: 5 December 2014

Summary: Bolin helps Opal and Lin save the Beifongs from Kuvira; Korra visits the spirit world.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2014 11:19 am by SMBH » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2014 03:33 am »

Gorgeous fight scene
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2014 03:53 am »

I can definitely see why Nicktoons intends to air the last four episodes together. This felt like part one of a much bigger arc.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. THe B plot was light so a lot less of the RC side and Korra but I think that works pacing wise since I'm expecting that to be covered next week (since it IS supposed to be about Korra and the Krew trying to stop Kuvira from going after RC). There was a lot of action on the A side to make up for it and agreeing with a lot of comments that the fight scene at the end was gorgeous.

I'm usually tolerant of Bolin but I found myself as grated by his comments as Toph and Lin, even if I liked his moment of going back for Zhu Li. But at least we had SOMEONE ask about Lin's dad and get an answer.

I'm kinda sad that Korra wasn't the cause of Kuvira's first big loss (unless we find out Kuvira was more affected by their first battle than she's showing) but it was still satisfying to see Su and Zaofu's benders match up to her after a season of near-perfection. It also looks like we have just enough set up for BJ to potentially do a heel turn (or at least a Not-As-Bad-As-You-Could-Have-Been badge) considering he wanted to stop the test when he saw Opal was flying into the bomb radius.

Also, I'm really hoping Raikou doesn't try going behind people's backs to make his own spirit vine tech. The fact the people who DO know how to engineer it are saying no gives hope but I can see it becoming the equivalent of a cold arms debate once RC finds out Kuvira's knocking on their doors.

Lastly, we also have confirmation Kuvira was always going to go for RC, at least even before the rescue. That's not a surprise but at least we know how set Kuvira was already.

EDIT: Also, I like all the jabs at the criticism at book 2 over things like Unalaq using the spirits and Katara not getting involved in the civil war. I still think Katara could have been handled a bit differently but it does state the reason many people speculated.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014 03:56 am by Goodfella » Logged
Gururu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:04 am »

^So a Legend of Korra episode, that has barely any Korra in it. Well, I guess I know what that means for Mako. -_- This book has been a rough ride for Mako fans thus far. Sad

You know, it seems like you're so afraid to disappoint anyone, that you end up disappointing everyone.
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:13 am »

^So a Legend of Korra episode, that has barely any Korra in it. Well, I guess I know what that means for Mako. -_- This book has been a rough ride for Mako fans thus far. Sad

Tbf, no one on the RC side really got much action this week. I don't really mind since all the action for the next three episodes WILL be in RC/focus on the Krew. And as I said, this really feels like part one of a multiple episode arc than a stand alone episode. If I wasn't already invested, I'd just wait for all the remaining eps to come out and watch the four in one go.

If it's any consolation...Mako still had more screentime than Asami this ep. Or more depressingly, since there wasn't much screentime to go around. Really, the person who got the most screentime this week on the RC side was Korra and that makes sense since the scene a) sets up the whole 'bridge between worlds' b) what it means for humans and spirits to coexist c) the potential (and I'm betting inevitable) role the spirits will play in the finale.
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:14 am »

The Spirit Gun was weaker than I thought. I thought it was going to obliterate the whole landscape.
EqualistLord
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:18 am »

Gorgeous fight scene

The Su vs Kuvira part rocked especially. Overall it was a good episode, and what looks like a nice conclusion to the Beifong stuff. I guess Kuvira has a mindset that the United Republic of Nations should return being part of the Earth Kingdom, so war time! But the Spirit Gun did seem a bit weak, not looking that much more powerful than the one Verrick was testing.
Gururu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:19 am »

Tbf, no one on the RC side really got much action this week. I don't really mind since all the action for the next three episodes WILL be in RC/focus on the Krew. And as I said, this really feels like part one of a multiple episode arc than a stand alone episode. If I wasn't already invested, I'd just wait for all the remaining eps to come out and watch the four in one go.

If it's any consolation...Mako still had more screentime than Asami this ep. Or more depressingly, since there wasn't much screentime to go around. Really, the person who got the most screentime this week on the RC side was Korra and that makes sense since the scene a) sets up the whole 'bridge between worlds' b) what it means for humans and spirits to coexist c) the potential (and I'm betting inevitable) role the spirits will play in the finale.

It still feels to me like everyone else is moving forward towards an interesting direction except for Mako. I'm really tired of seeing him being stuck with Wu. Bolin had his rescue mission, I bet we'll see Asami do some research next episode, Korra is doing all that spirit stuff.
Mako just hinted, that he may be fine with guarding Wu. Ugh. This horrible to me.

You know, it seems like you're so afraid to disappoint anyone, that you end up disappointing everyone.
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:22 am »

Gorgeous fight scene

The Su vs Kuvira part rocked especially. Overall it was a good episode, and what looks like a nice conclusion to the Beifong stuff. I guess Kuvira has a mindset that the United Republic of Nations should return being part of the Earth Kingdom, so war time! But the Spirit Gun did seem a bit weak, not looking that much more powerful than the one Verrick was testing.

The Spirit Gun was weaker than I thought. I thought it was going to obliterate the whole landscape.

Tbf on the gun seeming weaker, a) Bataar doesn't seem as smart as Varrick b) Zhu Li's been sabotaging the machine the entire operation. Now that Zhu Li's out, that leaves Bataar with two weeks of no sabotage to fine tune the device, and considering an episode is called the "Day of the Colossus" and the battle for RC is at least two episodes, I'm sure it'll be to a much more kabloom power level by then.
EqualistLord
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:25 am »

Yeah true the testing probably would have done better without such hindrance.

Also:

"Good thinking Bolin. Smiley"

"Thanks, kind of have a headache now. Undecided"

Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014 04:27 am by EqualistLord » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:26 am »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
I've been waiting to see kuvira go toe to toe with someone and it finally happened. The fight with korra doesn't count. That was hardly a competition. Maybe if she fought korra form season 1, you know, back when she didn't get her butt kicked so often - then it may have been a good fight.

Also finally some toph action. I won't say what happens since [spoilers] but the episode is awesome and answers A LOT of burning questions.
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:27 am »

The Spirit weapon seems to rely on penetration not explosion(explosion like the Varrick bomb). It has no warhead just a beam. It seems more practical to just shoot the a normal weapon carrying a spirit vine warhead. Or have planes drop them on targets.

Like a cannon shooting a regular shell containing Varrick bomb.

The Baatar gun does have does have resemblance to a German WWII gun, the Schwerer Gustav..the largest gun on the planet.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014 04:46 am by WarriorMind556 » Logged
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:49 am »

Good luck Bj, you'll be needing it. If you fail with this last attempt of fixing that device shey'll toss you out like no Tommarow Tongue

Bj isn't as smart as Varrick or Zhu Li so HA.

Bolin really was impressive here YAY! Though I don't know why they keep taking shots at Bolin's IQ, he's shown to be pretty smart when needed oh well.

Also glad Toph doesn't have Lava bending like some were thinking, that makes me even more happy Smiley

I think Bolin still has a chance at Metal bending Smiley

Su V.S Kuriva , one of the best fights of the season. Also YAY, for Bopal.

Awesome episode, am very pleased by it Cheesy

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2014 04:58 am »

YAY FINALLY SOME ACTION! We got Su vs Kuvira, Kuvira is amazing, do you lot see why she is my fav? She was awesome at fighting lol... I would have love if she got to fight Toph aswell lol... I found it funny how everyone was struggling with like the mechs and the metal benders then Toph comes along and levels them all in one move haha... Also why are the spirits being d*cks? They live in Republic City and they don't want to help defend it, their excuse for not helping was lame aswell.

I am really looking forward to next week, I think that they should have released all the episodes together, it would have flowed MUCH better. Good episode.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014 05:05 am by Robotman » Logged

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:01 am »

Judging by Jr's reaction to seeing Opal in the town I sense some sort of boring forgiveness plot in the future. All I ever wanted was a tragic death *sigh*

Although for a second I thought that Jr was going to get killed by jumping in between his mother and Kuvira.
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:05 am »

That gun probably would have blown up the town if it had been aimed properly.

So, Kuvira isn't even bothering with an excuse to attack Republic City. Guess she's decided the justified villain thing is overrated now that she has control of everything else.

Well, at least the writers made an effort to justify Toph doing very little.

And Korra's plot was pretty short, but I don't see that being the end of it. This'll definitely come up again.
Gururu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:05 am »

So, is Bolin and one of the twins an official ship now? Was it Wei (Bei) or was it Wing (Bing/Lol, I like that one the most)? I wonder why Huan never gets to fight. He clearly can bend.

Mako and Lin seem very much alike to me. They really are like mother and son. Maybe that is just me, though.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014 05:08 am by Gururu » Logged

Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:10 am »

So, is Bolin and one of the twins an official ship now? Was it Wei (Bei) or was it Wing (Bing/Lol, I like that one the most)? I wonder why Huan never gets to fight. He clearly can bend.

Well if you like the pairing, go with it Tongue
I'm just glad about Bopal too. Though if they want to through in Yaoi too LOL.

I knew Bj might have redeeming arc some time for his family, I was one of those believers.
I don't see any deaths in this season just Kuriva going nuts and being sent to the crazy house AKA Azula style.

Will ship him wit
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:12 am »

Do you guys think Toph should deciding not to contribute to stop Kuvira is a good or bad thing? She does have back problems and probably too old for a prolonged fight but still....is sitting idly by and watching the Swamp get destroyed just selfish?

And I am surprised the group didn't decide to kill or capture Kuvira after Toph recked the soldiers. Kuvira was the only one left and the rest knocked out(besides Mechs)

I think Su is a better than Lin as a fighter.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014 05:29 am by WarriorMind556 » Logged
Gururu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:14 am »

Well if you like the pairing, go with it Tongue
I'm just glad about Bopal too. Though if they want to through in Yaoi too LOL.

I knew Bj might have redeeming arc some time for his family, I was one of those believers.
I don't see any deaths in this season just Kuriva going nuts and being sent to the crazy house AKA Azula style.

Come on now. Gently touching Bolins cheek? There are popular ships, that have less canon than that. coughKorrasamicough Opal better watch out! Cheesy
I'm glad, that Bolin redeemed himself to Opal and I liked his bravery, when rescuing ZhuLi and Opal's concern for him.

Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:18 am »

Well, Toph's all about being selfish. How many years did it take for Toph to come out of hiding when her daughter's life was at stake here? Heck Lin almost died in book one, WTF?!

I'm glad she went away though, leaves the newer generation to create it's own legacy Smiley

Opal has just as much of a chance as others to win his heartXD

Will ship him wit
Gururu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:21 am »

^I'm glad Toph admitted she's a terrible mother. Did I hear that right? She never told Lin, who her father was? What? So Aang and Toph were awful parents. We don't know, if Sokka had kids, but atleast Katara and Zuko did well. I bet there are a bunch of Zutara shippers going "You see? I told you!"

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it was Wei, who likes Bolin so much.  Kiss

Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:30 am »

A war is almost here that could change the Avatar world as we know it and Toph decides to sit it out because she has a sore back. Eurgh. The excuse could have been a bit better.

TheGrandSage23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:36 am »

Kuvira is getting frustrated now.. Which is good.. We've seen her cocky and prideful now it's time for things not to go her way.. Slipping because her "control" is slipping.. Baatar worried for his sister..  Also obvious Zhu Li betrayal

Wu says something smart for once then messes it all up.. Which again is why Kuvira>>>Wu.. Lin's father is Kanto:) guessing Satoru(comic) is the father of Su. Sucks for Tokka fans

Bolin got a lot better as the episode progressed..

But come on... Dat Su vs Kuvira tho:) best fight yet.. Instead of being on the defensive Kuvira is in attack mode.. Easy to see her lose control of the situation and get rattled.. Even with shorter screen time she still remains awesome.. Su had her number for the majority of that scrap.. Toph herself is disappointed in Kuvira..

Two weeks till Kuvira reaches RC(still don't know why)

Good episode
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2014 06:05 am by TheGrandSage23 » Logged
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #24 on: Dec 05, 2014 05:51 am »

Same with Katara. Although she was reviving Jinora during the finale at least.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: