Apr 30, 2017 10:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 41 (42.3%)
9 - 27 (27.8%)
8 - 18 (18.6%)
7 - 7 (7.2%)
6 - 2 (2.1%)
5 - 1 (1%)
4 - 1 (1%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 97

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [409] Beyond the Wilds  (Read 19951 times)
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2014 05:42 am »

*looks at ratings of 10 in mild disgust*

Lord forbid there be a difference in opinion.

All praise to the one who felt that I was trying to impede people from giving their opinion. Thank you for sticking up for the rights of our fellow forum goers oh guardian of freedom.

Cut it out

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2014 05:43 am »

Bolin wasn't going to stay on the bad side, why the heck would he after finding out she's nuts?
Granted the pinic comment was out of place but I forgive him for that, loved the ending with him. Can't wait for him to go on that rescue mission with Lin and Opal, wash oping he'd get into that one and he knows more about what's going on in Zaofu city than any one and fighting those guy's.

LOL Mako going back to guard the Prince, these guy's seriously don't know what the heck to do with him this book do they? If Mako x Korra is endgame, they are doing an awful job showing us that.

So Varrick is teaming up with Asami? Oh well, I'll miss his buddy system he has going with Bolin. Your awesome though.

Over all pretty good episide. Sad this is one of the few last episodes, getting all sad and Misty about it already. Do I think Bolin will die? Heck no, I do think we could get a sacrifice moment with him over rescuing Zaofu city and saving Opal. I am annoyed over Opal's reaction but understand it at the same time, I look forward to the happy reunion at the end though Smiley

She was happy what he said about saving every one. Man am I looking forward to the rescue Zaofu arc, go Bolin go!

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Nov 28, 2014 05:48 am »

Bolin wasn't going to stay on the bad side, why the heck would he after finding out she's nuts?

Because three years is a lot of time to mould a young easily influenced mind to one's cause.
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Nov 28, 2014 05:52 am »

Just saw the Episode and it was quite descent, so the Firelord was Zuko's Daughter i presume.
Yuppity yup!

Waaaaait, you LIKED an episode?!

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Nov 28, 2014 05:52 am »

Zaheer did not cause Kuvira. If Zaheer won, he'd launch assasinations on anyone who tries to be a leader.
Solitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shaped by fire and ice.

« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2014 05:53 am »

Weee just watched it! Finally we got the ball rolling again.

Good to hear Fire Lord Izumi talk!

And finally I think we won't get any disabled Korra now that she has confronted Zaheer. It was great to see him again. Quite nostalgic to see him look like Book 3 Episode 1 Zaheer. Tongue Man, he was really tamed!

Hmm it looks like the other nations are not waging a war. I totally understand especially the Fire Nation's stance.

Does this mean we won't get any epic final battle in the finale?

Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2014 05:53 am »

Because three years is a lot of time to mould a young easily influenced mind to one's cause.
Bolin was on her side in the first place to help people, he wouldn't stay on her side after finding out the crap he did, threatening to send him to prison? Seeing all those people in prison for just not being Earth benders? There's only so much one man can take before seeing things.

Any ways, minus the picnic comment I loved Bolin this episode, he's flippin boss man! I can't wait to see that rescue arc.

I still find it funny how Mako's been getting Jack this season, no fighting just going back to the love of his life Prince Wu?

Will ship him wit
ismellbacons
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Nov 28, 2014 05:54 am »

So this episode was okay, but just okay. I'm not sure why, though. It had all the ingredients for a great episode but something just fell flat. There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency this season and it's bugging me, I think.

Also what exactly were the vines doing with all the people? That was pretty unclear. Sure, it transported them to that big globe in the Spirit World, but for what reason?

Overall it was good, but not what I was expecting.
Gururu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Nov 28, 2014 05:56 am »

LOL Mako going back to guard the Prince, these guy's seriously don't know what the heck to do with him this book do they? If Mako x Korra is endgame, they are doing an awful job showing us that.

I really hope they start doing something with Mako next episode. As for the Mako x Korra stuff, I suppose the both of them are by themselves now, right? Bolin is off on his rescue mission, Asami is doing research. I don't care if it is romance, action or if he goes back to pro-bending, I just want the guy to do SOMETHING, that doesn't involve Wu!

You know, it seems like you're so afraid to disappoint anyone, that you end up disappointing everyone.
OverlordPie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:00 am »

I think one of the issues with this season is that we keep hearing about this super weapon but we still don't really know what Kuvira's endgame is. These last few episodes have pretty much been a calm before the storm .It was a great episode but there's no real sense of impending destruction. Something is just missing.
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #35 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:00 am »

Also what exactly were the vines doing with all the people? That was pretty unclear. Sure, it transported them to that big globe in the Spirit World, but for what reason?

I'm betting on that to be the follow, since that seems like an immediate question for the RC-side.

My guess would be that the spirit vines may be trying to supplement the energy their losing when Kuvira chops them up. In book 3, we saw that you couldn't just put them through a wood chipper because they'd regrow. That was why RC had to leave them be and put up with them. However, Kuvira's not just going to give up and that energy has to come from somewhere. Chances are good their extending themselves to have to make up for the damage done to them. Them going wild and grabbing people might be a desperate attempt to recover what their losing.

I really hope they start doing something with Mako next episode. As for the Mako x Korra stuff, I suppose the both of them are by themselves now, right? Bolin is off on his rescue mission, Asami is doing research. I don't care if it is romance, action or if he goes back to pro-bending, I just want the guy to do SOMETHING, that doesn't involve Wu!

Tbf, Faustino apparently said, in response to a question about Makorra, that something "amazing" would happen to them. Nothing's really happened so far that I would consider "amazing" (to Korra, certainly) and we're gearing up for the finale so I'd be surprised if there wasn't anything waiting for them - romantically or not.
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:02 am »

Bolin was on her side in the first place to help people, he wouldn't stay on her side after finding out the crap he did, threatening to send him to prison? Seeing all those people in prison for just not being Earth benders? There's only so much one man can take before seeing things.
He didn't see the prisoners till after he escaped though. Kuvira could have had him avoid those camps and instilled in him a 'for the greater good' mentality which when mixed in with a sense of misplaced nationalism could have created at least a temporarily bad Bolin. Although I do keep forgetting that he never was an infantry soldier, but it could still easily work.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014 06:04 am by Hand of Vaatu » Logged
daventry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:10 am »

Just saw the Episode and it was quite descent, so the Firelord was Zuko's Daughter i presume.
Yuppity yup!

Waaaaait, you LIKED an episode?!
Yea it was ok, now for the showdown in Ep 10 since Korra isent so insecure of herself nomore and for some reason i saw the Guru in Zaheer.

I do hope by the end of the Series, Korra will look deep inside herself and bring back the Avatars, it would be a shame to just end the Series with Korra being the last Avatar.
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:11 am »

He didn't see the prisoners till after he escaped though. Kuvira could have had him avoid those camps and instilled in him a 'for the greater good' mentality which when mixed in with a sense of misplaced nationalism could have created at least a temporarily bad Bolin. Although I do keep forgetting that he never was an infantry soldier, but it could still easily work.
Point is, he was still being threatened to be sent to prison, why the heck would he put up with that? He also saw her threatening Varrick. If he doesn't detect after seeing all that, what the heck? LOL.

Any ways, I hope he uses more Lava bending in the Rescue Zaofu arc, that's awesome to see. I also hope they bring up those wanted posters again to Bolin and Varrick while fighting them Tongue

Ask for Mako x Korra, we've got so little time for them to do any thing big, I don't know. Poor Mako's been doing jack.

Will ship him wit
Solitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shaped by fire and ice.

« Reply #39 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:18 am »

Just a tiny nitpick:

Where were Tonraq, Eska, and Desna during the world leaders' meeting?

Are they joining the war, too? Or at least they should be informed of what's going on though.

Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:19 am »

Point is, he was still being threatened to be sent to prison, why the heck would he put up with that? He also saw her threatening Varrick. If he doesn't detect after seeing all that, what the heck? LOL.
But he wouldn't even be in a position of having his loyalties questioned if he had of been brainwashed like I was saying.

I just realised that Korra's face when she see Bolin is the same face she makes when Bolin calls her "one of a kind" in The Spirit of Competition. Just a little fun fact for my fellow deluded Borra shippers.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014 06:21 am by Hand of Vaatu » Logged
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:26 am »

Just a tiny nitpick:

Are they joining the war, too? Or at least they should be informed of what's going on though.
I'd love it if she joined the War, I mean she'd out faith in Bolin's words than any one right?
Plus, imagine the reactions from Opal if meeting his X at the same time Tongue

I'm glad he wasn't brain washed, that'd make me sad. I like that he detected things right off, hs story arc has been cool and fun in my opinion.

Will ship him wit
Solitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shaped by fire and ice.

« Reply #42 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:29 am »

Just a tiny nitpick:

I'd love it if she joined the War, I mean she'd out faith in Bolin's words than any one right?
Plus, imagine the reactions from Opal if meeting his X at the same time Tongue

I'm glad he wasn't brain washed, that'd make me sad. I like that he detected things right off, hs story arc has been cool and fun in my opinion.

I agree with the Eska meets Opal part! Tongue

Wow, it would be really nice to have all other nations take a defense against the EE.

Though the real problem is we really don't know what Kuvira is up to. Sure, she has a superweapon, but what does it do?
I doubt she's going to blow up the entire world just for fun!

Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:31 am »

Am I the only one bothered by the lack of action this season?

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Solitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shaped by fire and ice.

« Reply #44 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:36 am »

Well, you're definitely not alone. We had too many pauses in between episodes.

Still holding my breath until the finale.

Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:45 am »

I find it ironic how most of the action was from Bolin's / Varrick's side thank any thing Tongue
I'm sure, while I don't think will be getting much fighting V.S Kuriva side, I think that will be more politics, Korra to get Kuriva to understand things without resorting to fighting this time.

I do think will be getting plenty of action in Zaofu city at best.

Will ship him wit
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:52 am »

I really loved Zaheer in this episode. He would make such a badass spiritual teacher for Korra As shown in this episode. Jinora better watch out, because she could soon be out of a job. Zaheer really proves that villains want to achieve their goals and are not just evil for the sake of it. He's willing to help the avatar in order to stop a dictator that he created, and his regret was written all of his face. I feel like he has been more humanised. Perhaps P'Li's death got to him.

Question: If Raava could talk to Korra all along from within, why didn't she come to Korra's aid in Book 3, when she needed advice?

it would be a shame to just end the Series with Korra being the last Avatar.

Korra is not the last avatar. The avatar cycle was restarted when Korra fused with Raava in the book 2 finale
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014 07:14 am by AvatarReiko » Logged

Gururu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Nov 28, 2014 06:56 am »

I just realized something. Korra actually saved Jinora for a change. Cheesy

You know, it seems like you're so afraid to disappoint anyone, that you end up disappointing everyone.
Thane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Nov 28, 2014 07:15 am »

Probably my least favorite episode of the season. The humor was completely off, the plot uninteresting and predicted by many since episode one (the part with Zaheer, I mean). Despite how episode seven left us, we saw nothing of Kuvira or Toph; I understand the need to have a less tense episode every once in a while, but why end episode seven with the cliffhanger of the ages if it's barely going to be touched upon until at least episode 10?

I like the idea of Lin and Opal trying to liberate their family, but it seems weird that they didn't even ask anyone to come with them, nor tell anyone where they were going in case things went south. Also, the worst line of the episode was "there's one way you can win me back" - come on, what is this, kindergarten? I expected more from you, Opal.

I hope we'll see more of Kuvira next episode; her lack of presence the last three episodes is worrisome. I love the season overall, and I like the political aspect of it, but it could've been done better if Kuvira were more gray as opposed to "lol send other benders to camps for the lulz" and if we saw her do more; right now we just occasionally see her strut around being evil.
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Nov 28, 2014 07:20 am »

Also, the worst line of the episode was "there's one way you can win me back" - come on, what is this, kindergarten? I expected more from you, Opal.

What annoyed me about that line is that I can't take it seriously as we all know that he will win her back. If I thought for a second that he wouldn't be able to win her back I would see that as a decent line.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: