Jul 15, 2018 10:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 38 (40.9%)
9 - 29 (31.2%)
8 - 17 (18.3%)
7 - 4 (4.3%)
6 - 2 (2.2%)
5 - 1 (1.1%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [407] Reunion  (Read 28678 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #125 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:20 pm »

Point blank range? I'm pretty sure Kuvira was just as far from Korra as the guy on the train was in their duel.

Yeah, and when she was far away for part of the fight, Korra blocked them. Mostly, Korra got hit by them when she and Kuvira were only a few feet apart and Kuvira suddenly fired the metal as a counter to Korra's attacks.

I'm starting to think people just kinda of ignored what was happening in the actual fight last week and just couldn't look past the fact that Korra was losing badly without any regard as to why.

Kuvira played defense. She only struck when Korra gave her an opening and it caught Korra off guard every time. On the train, this guy was just blatantly throwing metal at Korra.

It's two different situations, not to mention that this guy was just a simple mook.

She actually did in ep 6. But Kuvira simply closed in and was too quick, launching a combination of Earth and metal attacks.

She didn't. She only used air bending to deflect them

She dodged a few before that screenshot.

And does it matter if she used airbending or not? She still negated them either way.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #126 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:22 pm »

I don't think it matters. She had the reflexes to block them.
UnownLegend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thank you Returnable Memory for the set!

« Reply #127 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:23 pm »

You guys calm down about korrasami, you're setting yourselves up for disappointment. Korra isn't used to getting compliments, and because she suddenly changed her hairstyle is being them all over. That's not a "I like you" blush it's a bashful blush

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #128 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:30 pm »

Once again. this was a great episode. Enough of a breather episode to give Korra a well-deserved break after everything's she's been through, but enough action to make Meelo happy. My favorite scenes had to be of Bolin and Varrick's road trip, those two need their own buddy-comedy. Cheesy The part where Varrick gets them captured literally moments after taking charge was golden. Zhuu Li was apparently the survivalist of the two, huh? My respect that woman and everything she puts up with grows with each episode. Cheesy Not to mention, how everybody's favorite odd couple saved Kuvira's prisoners. Bolin's lavabending and compassion for others really payed off in the end, while Varrick turned into a mix of Macgyver and Tony Stark to save everyone's bacon. A fantastic way for both of their talents to shine. I can't wait see where they go from here.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #129 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:30 pm »

What was the bigger shipping moment. Korra's blush with Asami or Korra's " bedroom eyes at Mako?

Im afraid to ask, what are bedroom eyes?

What was the bigger shipping moment. Korra's blush with Asami or Korra's " bedroom eyes at Mako?
Bedroom eyes?

iKeep: Makorra | the Makorra hug & kiss in 112 | Makorra's final scene
Xagzan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #130 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:31 pm »

^ Colbert eyebrows not included.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #131 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:54 pm »

I agree with everyone who is saying that the Korra and Asami dialogue was a bit forced. Mako being hurt about Korra never replying about the letters definitely felt a bit more organic.

I have mixed feelings about that scene myself. On the one hand, it has been three years since Tem Avatar have seen each other, naturally its going to be a little awkward once they start hanging out again, and of course, Asami's father is going to be sensitive subject... still, Korra was only expressing an understandable concern for her friend, it's not as though she took a jab at the Sato family. Asami's reaction felt like but of an overreaction. But at least they acknowledged it and the Krew all apologize to each other by the end. Hopefully, their communication skills will only get better from here on out. Smiley
Another caveat I had with this episode was Korra's fighting performance. This is what bothered me about the previous episode, and I don't want to get into too much details. She was fighting in very sloppy fashion with no sound technique. I mean, this episode is one day later and she pulled off some incredible stunts. I just thought the transition was a bit too strong.

In fairness, Korra was facing off against a master the previous episode and she wasn't in top form during that battle. Now back in RC, Korra has been able to rest up and it helped that this time she was fighting off some mook guards, not taking on Boss Level-Kuvira.

Bolin and Varrick's adventures...they just need a sitcom please.

Amen to that. Add Zhu Li into the mix and we got ourselves a gender-bender version of Three's Company.  Grin

I got an James Cameron "Avatar" feel when Kuvira ordered the tree to be cut down.

I think that Kuvira's actions will prompt the spirits to start attacking humans again.

I can only imagine there's going be an "Eywa has heard you" moment once Toph and the swamp spirits learn what's happening to the tree.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 03:09 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Sifu Metalbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #132 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:58 pm »

Toph kicks Kuvira's rear end in 408, not because she is chopping up the Banyan grove tree, but the saws likely woke her up, or the vibrations are annoying her feet.

Also, Steve Blum makes an appearance as Baraz, I did not expect that. Small side note, Baraz looks like he is a descendent of Avatar Wan.

Yes, Korra was indeed making bedroom eyes.

Finally, Wu has not changed a bit, and it may have been the knockout gas talking, but "I'm in laundry" is a classic Wu-ism.

Viper: You're in Triple Threat Triad territory, and we're about to put you in the hospital.
Korra: You're the only ones who are gonna need a hospital, and for your sake, I hope there's one nearby.
Viper: Who do you think you are?
Korra: Why don't you come and find out.
ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #133 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:05 pm »

Wow. what an episode! I  thoroughly enjoyed that. So much yes. All of Korra's reunions... i could feel them! Korra and Naga, Korra and Tenzin (brief as it was), Korra and everybody!  Loved it.

This episode makes me want korrasami to be the endgame. But, I'll leave my options open.

I def. think Bolin is going to be head of something by the end of this. I think head of the Earth Thing/Kingdom/Empire might be too much of a stretch, but he def. put on his big boy pants today.

Finally; Dangnamit Kuvira! Leave that tree alone! It's my favorite part of all of avatar!

ViridianIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #134 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:05 pm »

I liked it.  It was a huge breath of fresh air really, all my problems with it stem from the episode that preceded it (the worst since that love triangle fiasco IMO) I'm increadibly glad that Korra does not seem to be reverting to her 'Korra Alone' phase post Kuvira beat down but I absolutely do not buy it from a narrative standpoint which is my issue.  The Korra who spent so much of herself to get back what had been taken from her only to lose it all in that fight would NOT be at all this upbeat if we follow the 'realism' rule that has been bandied about in favor of Kuvira kicking her ass.

That's my only problem though.  Again.  I'm HAPPY that Korra hasn't been returned to a mess, but I don't buy it either.  If I could just pretend like the battle of Zoafu never happened it'd be great.

Starting to get how Loopy must feel.

\"That woman is my hero.\"
DoTheDwah
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Get in... I got caaandyyy...

michael_manley_426
« Reply #135 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:11 pm »

Other than Korra spirit-seeing without vines and being at the top of her game against non-major villains, I didn't really have much to gripe about this time. And the Korrasami tease was much appreciated Wink

ViridianIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #136 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:24 pm »

Other than Korra spirit-seeing without vines and being at the top of her game against non-major villains, I didn't really have much to gripe about this time. And the Korrasami tease was much appreciated Wink

I think the idea is that RC is filled with spirit vines.  She was using subterranean spirit vines that time I think.  I agree with Korra being seemingly her old self JUST because the enemies were now minor.  If she could be this effective against these guys there was NO reason to force us to sit through the uncomfortable mess that was 'the battle of Zoafu' I'm overall just glad they're letting her do SOMETHING.

As for Korrasami/makorra teasing.  They're just trolling us now right?  I mean this was as blatant as it comes.

\"That woman is my hero.\"
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #137 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:35 pm »

This is just classic:

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
jadeheart100
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #138 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:43 pm »

Asami's just getting defensive because she's not entirely sure whether she can trust him herself, I bet

YES! I think Asami, like anyone, would struggle with trusting someone who tried to kill them. especially when that person is your father. You'd definitely have doubts. This is a tough decision to make, to trust when you've been betrayed. When someone challenges you on such a delicate subject, you'd definitely get a little defensive.

Asami is seriously such an amazing character that deserves so much more credit. Sure she's not a main character, but she's extraordinary in her unique capabilities. She brings so much to the table in the animation world.

The writers are so creative - we got all the shipping boats in this episode. I loved it.

I loved the action, kicking butt, and the political commentary. Amazing

Best Episode so far!!!
Javisbc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #139 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:43 pm »

Bumi lost a lot of weight too, i hadnt noticed that. Airbending is really good for your health
ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #140 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:43 pm »

I think the idea is that RC is filled with spirit vines.  She was using subterranean spirit vines that time I think.  I agree with Korra being seemingly her old self JUST because the enemies were now minor.  If she could be this effective against these guys there was NO reason to force us to sit through the uncomfortable mess that was 'the battle of Zoafu' I'm overall just glad they're letting her do SOMETHING.

As for Korrasami/makorra teasing.  They're just trolling us now right?  I mean this was as blatant as it comes.

I don't think that she saw anything in the train station; I just re-watched and noticed that Korra said she didn't know for certain that Wu was on that train. So... she tried to search but couldn't?

Koksor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #141 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:47 pm »

You know what...to be the last season of this entire franchise, some episodes, like this one, are pretty boring...I give it a 6, I would have given it a 5 but the last seconds with kuvira threatening Toph's home worth a +1.  

toontow87
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #142 on: Nov 14, 2014 03:53 pm »

I hope nothing bad happens to that really big tree. I like that tree.

Flamewheel4354
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #143 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:06 pm »

I think I would've enjoyed this more if I weren't tired/in a crummy mood today. I'll have to rewatch it when I'm feeling better. But some initial reactions:

-I'm really happy most of the Krew is finally back together again. It stinks we only have 6 (I believe?) more episodes to watch them interact. I'm beginning to wish the season were a bit longer.

-Not a fan of the Korrasami blush, for many reasons. But I don't think it'll be endgame. Like others have said, Bryke seem to acknowledge (toward the end of the series) the existence of other ships, and I think they're just teasing it. Also, we haven't seen any official LGBT relationships in both ATLA and TLOK, and it'd seem a bit random for one to appear now.

-But I did like many of the interactions between Mako and Korra. Mako's dialogue felt pretty natural, and I was glad to see his nonverbal reactions when Wu was flirting with Korra. I've always wanted Makorra to be endgame. But I'd rather have it come naturally than forcefully.

-Varrick is great! I think he's the funniest/most entertaining character on TLOK, much more than Bolin in my opinion (sorry Bolin fans). And he's a genius.

-Speaking of Bolin, I'm happy that he is showing a serious side this season. His pre-Book 4 portrayals come off as a bit too unrealistic to me. But I love his lavabending.

-I also was surprised at the ethnic cleansing. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ozai 2.0 in this thread yet!

-I hope Toph gets to interact with the rest of her family. It'd be a nice ending for their character arcs (especially Lin's).

Looking forward to the rest of the season. Too bad we're already over half-way through...
nightingale
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

This duality in me, ice and fire within.

« Reply #144 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:16 pm »

Am I the only one that got a Captain America vibe when they guy Korra captured did his evil smile and then said: "All hail the great uniter." He only needed a cyanide pill.

The ethnic cleansing is actually kind of interesting. Think about, how much we knew about Kuvira in the past? We don't know what kind of ideals she really had and this book is slowly making them clear. Hitler himself didn't hate all Jews. He used a term called honorary Aryan, to those who were not "aryans" but still did exceptionally well in his eyes. He even had great respect for the Jewish doctor that treated her mother when he was young. That would explain why Kuvira saved Tonraq and helped Korra in the past, but why she is "cleaning" the Empire of undesireables.

But four babies playing a game can make a playworld which licks your real world hollow... I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair
Molra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Stories are everywhere.

« Reply #145 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:19 pm »

I see that someone has gifted three great scenes of Mako being more of a hot tempered firebender and less of a cool under fire guy

source

"Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope."
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #146 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:20 pm »

Oh yeah that guy. Yeah, that Kuvira supporter was so weird. I actually cracked a smile when he said that.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #147 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:22 pm »

Of course that's what happens when Varrick does The Thing. Cheesy

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #148 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:23 pm »

His reaction to Asami missing the turning was hilarious

WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #149 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:24 pm »

Korra and Kuvira are similar.....and Mako and Bataar Jr have the same temper.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: