Jun 19, 2018 08:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 38 (40.9%)
9 - 29 (31.2%)
8 - 17 (18.3%)
7 - 4 (4.3%)
6 - 2 (2.2%)
5 - 1 (1.1%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [407] Reunion  (Read 28443 times)
Yangchen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #100 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:19 pm »

Asami's just getting defensive because she's not entirely sure whether she can trust him herself, I bet

That was my take on her reaction as well. It seems like the way someone might overreact when another person says something that they've secretly been thinking but don't want to be true.

"Selfless duty calls you to sacrifice your own spiritual needs and do whatever it takes to protect the world."
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #101 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:20 pm »

^Korra did deflect the metal projectiles during the Kuvira fight, but I kinda see your point. That said, I wouldn't say using basic airbending to jump off a train and jump on a car count as amazing feats. She just let the air carry her. There wasn't anything impressive that really stood out to me. She performed as expected in my opinion.

Unalaq did lose it for a little there, true...but as a whole he just got more power as the season went on.

I just don't see how Toph can lose to Kuvira unless she pulls a Bumi.

I mean, Kuvira has a lot of her army there. If Toph somehow beats an army by herself, I'm going to lose hope for her would be flawless character.

My guess is that Toph will simply leave the swamp and get help.

On the contrary, it's entirely possible Toph will lose, but will end up doing quite a bit of damage. Kind of like winning the battle, but you lost so much, you have to question the validity of if it was worth it kinda deal.

So would we agree that when someone blushes is because you really like that person? im shipping neutral but i dont know why would they show that for no reason. THere is obviously something going on between them, whether they resolve it during the series is another issue, with Mako they went back to bickering but i dont know if thats a sign, maybe. He was clearly offended by the lack of letters and Korra wasnt very clear with her explanation. Can she be hiding the real reason from him? time will tell i guess

I'm a guy, I like to dress nice, and when my guy friends, male coworkers, or even my mom compliment me, I get a bit nervous and flustered. I just think Korra is not used to getting compliments about her "looks". She did grow up as a tomboy for the most part.
Earth Angel
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #102 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:26 pm »

So would we agree that when someone blushes is because you really like that person? im shipping neutral but i dont know why would they show that for no reason. THere is obviously something going on between them, whether they resolve it during the series is another issue, with Mako they went back to bickering but i dont know if thats a sign, maybe. He was clearly offended by the lack of letters and Korra wasnt very clear with her explanation. Can she be hiding the real reason from him? time will tell i guess

I'm a guy, I like to dress nice, and when my guy friends, male coworkers, or even my mom compliment me, I get a bit nervous and flustered. I just think Korra is not used to getting compliments about her "looks". She did grow up as a tomboy for the most part.

Plus Asami is perceived as one of the most beautiful women in Republic City. It's like getting a compliment from a celebrity Tongue

--

If Toph were to get captured by Kuvira, I'd say she'd pull a Bumi and when Lin asks her why she let herself get caught she'll say "I needed a free ride to Republic City", get herself free from her bounds and will go off in her bad-a** way  Wink

iKeep: Makorra | the Makorra hug & kiss in 112 | Makorra's final scene
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #103 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:28 pm »

So would we agree that when someone blushes is because you really like that person?

In the Avatar series...yeah, that's what it usually means.

Which is why I'm a little worried now that Bryke is gonna cave to the fandom and make Korrasami canon. I'd be fine with it if the relationship had any real development but...it hasn't. Heck, Korra and Wu had more interesting interactions in a span of two minutes then Korra and Asami has had in the whole series.

The alternative is Makorra but even that is lacking development now. At this point I think I'd rather just Korra be single at the end of the series. Anything else would just seem out of nowhere unless Makorra gets some major interactions in the last 6 episodes.

I was gonna bring that up in the shipping thread but that is locked right now for some reason...

On the contrary, it's entirely possible Toph will lose, but will end up doing quite a bit of damage. Kind of like winning the battle, but you lost so much, you have to question the validity of if it was worth it kinda deal.

I mean, I just wouldn't want her to win against an army. I'm fine with her doing a lot of damage as long as its within reason.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #104 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:29 pm »

Well I was going to post this in the shipping thread but it is locked for some reason.

Asami was disappointing that Prince Wu tagged along. She said "I thought it was just going to be the three of us". Looks like someone had some plans if you know what I mean.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Javisbc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #105 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:32 pm »

^Korra did deflect the metal projectiles during the Kuvira fight, but I kinda see your point. That said, I wouldn't say using basic airbending to jump off a train and jump on a car count as amazing feats. She just let the air carry her. There wasn't anything impressive that really stood out to me. She performed as expected in my opinion.

Unalaq did lose it for a little there, true...but as a whole he just got more power as the season went on.

I mean, Kuvira has a lot of her army there. If Toph somehow beats an army by herself, I'm going to lose hope for her would be flawless character.

Yep i see what yo mean, its natural. Still i dont know if you clearly blush like that, the scene would have made that point clear without the blushing but i dont think it was sorely by accident. Whether is a romantic or non romantic blush is anyone's guess, could be anything at this point. Still Bryke clearly know this can be interpreted in a romantic way, so it can be a diversion or a sign of things to come, will see how it develops. But from the tradition of 2D animation an other blushes i have seen in the series its a romantic blush.
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #106 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:34 pm »

Yep i see what yo mean, its natural. Still i dont know if you clearly blush like that, the scene would have made that point clear without the blushing but i dont think it was sorely by accident. Whether is a romantic or non romantic blush is anyone's guess, could be anything at this point. Still Bryke clearly know this can be interpreted in a romantic way, so it can be a diversion or a sign of things to come, will see how it develops. But from the tradition of 2D animation an other blushes i have seen in the series its a romantic blush.

You're right. For now, I'll just chalk it up to Bryke trolling and having the Korrasami shippers go wild. Oh tumblr and Reddit are not going to be pretty.
Javisbc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #107 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:37 pm »

So would we agree that when someone blushes is because you really like that person?

In the Avatar series...yeah, that's what it usually means.

Which is why I'm a little worried now that Bryke is gonna cave to the fandom and make Korrasami canon. I'd be fine with it if the relationship had any real development but...it hasn't. Heck, Korra and Wu had more interesting interactions in a span of two minutes then Korra and Asami has had in the whole series.

The alternative is Makorra but even that is lacking development now. At this point I think I'd rather just Korra be single at the end of the series. Anything else would just seem out of nowhere unless Makorra gets some major interactions in the last 6 episodes.

I was gonna bring that up in the shipping thread but that is locked right now for some reason...

I mean, I just wouldn't want her to win against an army. I'm fine with her doing a lot of damage as long as its within reason.

Yep naturally any relationship that Korra lands in to right now will feel rushed, its better to leave it to interpretation at this point but i dont think it will be the case. As for Toph she is good but thats a whole army, i dont think she can handle that, and Kuvira herself is 2nd to her, and much younger and in top shape. Its sad to me to see people chopping a tree like that, for me personally is an image i detest to see but im glad that they are showing the issue, the destruction of nature over technology.

And yes that image felt like James Camerons Avatar    
razorstar90
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #108 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:38 pm »

What was the bigger shipping moment. Korra's blush with Asami or Korra's " bedroom eyes at Mako?
Javisbc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #109 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:40 pm »

You're right. For now, I'll just chalk it up to Bryke trolling and having the Korrasami shippers go wild. Oh tumblr and Reddit are not going to be pretty.

I dont have an issue with a specific shipping but i really dont like trolling like that for the sake of trolling, if you are going to include a scene like that then go all the way to the end. If not its a cheap distraction and you are basically cheating to your audience
Javisbc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #110 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:41 pm »

What was the bigger shipping moment. Korra's blush with Asami or Korra's " bedroom eyes at Mako?

Im afraid to ask, what are bedroom eyes?
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #111 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:41 pm »

They've been doing all kinds of fun for them, having Asami be the only one to get written back was just the first of it and no I don't ship the pairing Tongue

I guess this should belong in the shippers thread though eh?

I wonder if the writers just had fun with the Bolin / Varrick dynamics as we are?

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #112 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:42 pm »

Bedroom eyes?
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #113 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:46 pm »

I dont have an issue with a specific shipping but i really dont like trolling like that for the sake of trolling, if you are going to include a scene like that then go all the way to the end. If not its a cheap distraction and you are basically cheating to your audience

You must have loved all the Zutara trolling Bryke did in the last few episodes of ATLA.  Granted, those were more jokes and playful jabs at the ship's existance and not a serious moment like the Korrasami blush in this episode.

Point is though, it's not unlike Bryke to troll a popular ship towards the end of the series.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
TheGreenLotus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #114 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:47 pm »

Well I think the whole "ethnic cleansing" thing is not really some racism on Kuvira's part. I think, Kuvira is afraid that these fire and water benders may rally their states and start another revolution against her. She basically left just a few of her army in every state and brought up her entire army in Zao Fu and if I am one of those benders I'd rally my neighbors to overthrow the small "peacekeeping force" in my state.

OR Kuvira would just like to enslave these benders and have them do some force labor that involves the use of water and fire benders (reference on The Rift)?
Javisbc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #115 on: Nov 14, 2014 01:50 pm »

You must have loved all the Zutara trolling Bryke did in the last few episodes of ATLA.  Granted, those were more jokes and playful jabs at the ship's existance and not a serious moment like the Korrasami blush in this episode.

Point is though, it's not unlike Bryke to troll a popular ship towards the end of the series.

I must confess i didnt see the old series until i started with Korra, and i only watched some episodes so i have no idea how did that went down. Still i will take your word and thats not good in my book, that type of writing is a cheat to a part of the audience. But if they are done with the universe for a while then they will troll however they like
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #116 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:00 pm »

I dont understand. Korra is clearly deflecting the metal sheets and the pole with metal bending. Why didn't she just do this against Kuvira?

mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #117 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:02 pm »

Mako was so useless on the train. I guess bending fire with heavy winds puts you at a disadvantage.
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #118 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:03 pm »

Well I think the whole "ethnic cleansing" thing is not really some racism on Kuvira's part. I think, Kuvira is afraid that these fire and water benders may rally their states and start another revolution against her. She basically left just a few of her army in every state and brought up her entire army in Zao Fu and if I am one of those benders I'd rally my neighbors to overthrow the small "peacekeeping force" in my state.
I doubt it. How is their rebel capablity any different from a normal Earthie besides their beliefs of Nationalism? And why would they rebel seeing they are Earth citizens? Its Racism obviously. She is not imprisoning only benders but people with cultural lineages.

I dont understand. Korra is clearly deflecting the metal sheets and the pole with metal bending. Why didn't she just do this against Kuvira?
She actually did in ep 6. But Kuvira simply closed in and was too quick, launching a combination of Earth and metal attacks.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 02:06 pm by WarriorMind556 » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #119 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:04 pm »

She did.

Also, the guy on the train wasn't shooting those at Korra at point blank range like Kuvira was.

ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #120 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:05 pm »

dont you dare touch the banyan grove Tree!!!!!

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #121 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:09 pm »

Point blank range? I'm pretty sure Kuvira was just as far from Korra as the guy on the train was in their duel.
TheGreenLotus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #122 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:14 pm »

I doubt it. How is their rebel capablity any different from a normal Earthie besides their beliefs of Nationalism? And why would they rebel seeing they are Earth citizens? Its Racism obviously. She is not imprisoning only benders but people with cultural lineages.

OR as i said before, force them into labor camps and make them work in factories like the one seen on The Rift.

*EDIT*
Kuvira oppresses and exploits the riches of the states on Earth Empire after they sworn allegiance to her. If I'm a water or fire bender and Kuvira's army has taken over my state/village and we are exploited why would I not rebel against them if given the chance?
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 02:18 pm by TheGreenLotus » Logged
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #123 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:16 pm »

OR as i said before, force them into labor camps and make them work in factories like the one seen on The Rift.
That is obviously not the reason, since you can be non-bender Fire Nation ethnicity Earth citizen. Work factories are bender based.

Point blank range? I'm pretty sure Kuvira was just as far from Korra as the guy on the train was in their duel.
Can deflect

Cannot deflect.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 02:22 pm by WarriorMind556 » Logged
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #124 on: Nov 14, 2014 02:18 pm »

She actually did in ep 6. But Kuvira simply closed in and was too quick, launching a combination of Earth and metal attacks.

She didn't. She only used air bending to deflect them

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: