Dec 17, 2017 10:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 38 (40.9%)
9 - 29 (31.2%)
8 - 17 (18.3%)
7 - 4 (4.3%)
6 - 2 (2.2%)
5 - 1 (1.1%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [407] Reunion  (Read 25429 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Nov 08, 2014 01:35 am »

Release date: 14 November 2014

Summary: Team Avatar faces its first mission as a unit in three years when Prince Wu goes missing.

Discuss!

This episode is released early on iTunes. As usual, please contain all discuss of this episode in the spoilers board till the episode officially airs on Nick.com
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2014 11:19 am by SMBH » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:09 am »

I am so glad they are putting a pause on the Wu storyline for a while. Man is it boring.

Bolin is really shaping up to be an extremely powerful bender.

Wow that restaurant scene was cringey.

*Waits for Korrasami shippers to talk about how Asami complementing Korra's hair was so totally an indication that Korrasami will be endgame*
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 04:36 am by Hand of Vaatu » Logged
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:11 am »

I will say one thing: the Sozin comparisons with Kuvira are strong in this one. At very least, there's now a strong reason for Toph to get involved in what's happening (though I guess this scratches the theories about Kuvira going after RC for their spirit vines, unless Toph kicks her out).

Also, Makorrasami hug was nice~ The restaurant was definitely the equivalent of meeting high school friends after years apart, though.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 04:18 am by Goodfella » Logged
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:24 am »

That went actiony a lot faster than expected. Now take care of Dark Korra next episode.

Still loving Varrick. Way to go Tony Stark on those mechs.
nightingale
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

This duality in me, ice and fire within.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:32 am »

This has been the best episode in the Book! Excellent to be honest. Wu is stll somewhat annoying, but I really like the fact that he sees others in a pretty humane way. But wow, I wasn't expecting ethnic cleansing on Korra. Kuvira is certainly falling on real life fascists like Hitler. I don't want to imagine what kind of inhumane things they are doing to those people. Also, I do wonder if Toph will face them, now that they are invading the swamp. Will the waterbenders intervene?

But four babies playing a game can make a playworld which licks your real world hollow... I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:36 am »

Great episode. Didn't expect Kuvira to go all Nazi. But why does she want Prince Wu? He's powerless.

And do you think Korrasami would happen with the blush?
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:37 am »

If she gets Prince Wu, then Republic City loses its only means of rallying the Earth Kingdom. These guys might have thought this up on their own.
sokkaboomerang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:47 am »

i knew they were going to the swamp
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:48 am »

If she gets Prince Wu, then Republic City loses its only means of rallying the Earth Kingdom. These guys might have thought this up on their own.

This is closest thing I'm leaning on. Since if she wanted to do a Romanov situation, it'd be easier to just set up an assassin and frame another faction like Varrick was doing in Book 2. Another reason might go back to pride/false legitimacy. In Japan, the Shogunate took over complete control while keeping the emperor around but isolated since there was a lot of reverence towards him/currency in maintaining a false legitimacy (plus, the whole propaganda technique of "the emperor is descended from Amaterasu and thus earthly matters are below him so us, his lowly servants handle it instead"). With Kuvira, I can't see her using him as a puppet like that but I can see her wanting to have him "bow down" to her like everyone else, since killing him makes him a martyr. Having him bow down to her is a symbolic and political gesture that not only further quashes further support for the monarchy but gives her further legitimacy.

I don't think they thought of it on their own though given how organized the kidnapping was and how they're wearing army uniforms. If it were a group of independent Kuvira supporters I could see it more easily but since they were military, it probably IS some part of Kuvira's grand scheme.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:58 am »

Best Ep so far. So... Kuvira wants to die as she invades the home of the GOAt earthbender who invented metalbending, while she wears it.

So toph will meet Kuvira then.....Interesting.

Double post merged due to thread merger ~Icy
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 05:28 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:02 am »

So toph will meet Kuvira then.....Interesting.

I hope that means Bolin gets to as well and maybe gets a bit trained by her, she's his hero that'd be the best greatest single thing to happen ever! Cheesy

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
dford15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:03 am »

Such a great episode, its a shame that even when Varrick and Bolin tell the others about the weapon that they won't be accurate about the power of the weapon. I did like that they were a little frosty towards each other somewhat, but I;m glad they were very apologetic about themselves. I had originally thought that kidnapping Wu would be a diversion to securing more spirit vines but I guess I was wrong.

The Bolin and Varrick B plot was excellent and the two continue to have amazing dynamics with each other. I didn't expect there to be an ethnic cleansing component to what Kuvira was doing to the Earth Kingdom. It does go against what she purported to say when she was laying the groundwork for her subjects to achieve her own greatness and places the emphasis on her desire for purity. Truly I think that makes her almost just as bad as the Queen she replaced who, if she had Kuvira's forces might have done similar acts towards benders of other elements.

Also, dat blush doe!!!
nightingale
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

This duality in me, ice and fire within.

« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:03 am »

This is closest thing I'm leaning on. Since if she wanted to do a Romanov situation, it'd be easier to just set up an assassin and frame another faction like Varrick was doing in Book 2. Another reason might go back to pride/false legitimacy. In Japan, the Shogunate took over complete control while keeping the emperor around but isolated since there was a lot of reverence towards him/currency in maintaining a false legitimacy (plus, the whole propaganda technique of "the emperor is descended from Amaterasu and thus earthly matters are below him so us, his lowly servants handle it instead"). With Kuvira, I can't see her using him as a puppet like that but I can see her wanting to have him "bow down" to her like everyone else, since killing him makes him a martyr. Having him bow down to her is a symbolic and political gesture that not only further quashes further support for the monarchy but gives her further legitimacy.

I don't think they thought of it on their own though given how organized the kidnapping was and how they're wearing army uniforms. If it were a group of independent Kuvira supporters I could see it more easily but since they were military, it probably IS some part of Kuvira's grand scheme.

Interesting point. Long Feng did mention the citizens do see the King as a god of sorts. Although anything we can think about right now is highly especulative. I think she it's very likely she wanted to blame a third party, or simply kill him as a sign of the end of royalty. Considering she's been doing ethnic cleansing (which I'm still wrapping my head around how that was greenlit), I wouldn't be surprise she intended to publicly execute him.

Also, is it me or when the guy Korra captured said, "All hail the great uniter", it gave a Captain America vibe? ("Hail Hydra"). He only needed a cyanide pill. And with all the Nazi parallels I think it was intentional.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 05:13 am by nightingale » Logged

But four babies playing a game can make a playworld which licks your real world hollow... I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:13 am »

Out of every thing I'm loving the Bolin / Varrick subplots the best, they have the to the best duo ever! I like that they are warning people about Kuriva's plots outside the Krew, maybe that will come into the picture later? Kuriva really had a feeling they were a live, knew she had to. She knows better than to listen to Bj about it Tongue

LOL Sending wanted posters of themXD

I wonder if Prince Wu's kidnap was her crews idea or herself?

Over all, good episode. Though yah, seems Prince Wu's plot kind of boring. Poor Mako, must have been bored stiff since his last appearance Tongue

Will ship him wit
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:15 am »

If Kuvira beats toph i'll be pissed.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:15 am »

Interesting point. Long Feng did mention the citizens do see the King as a god of sorts. Although anything we can think about right now is highly especulative. I think she it's very likely she wanted to blame a third party, or simply kill him as a sign of the end of royalty. Considering she's been doing ethnic cleansing (which I'm still wrapping my head around how that was greenlit), I wouldn't be surprise she intended to publicly execute him.

Possibly. I could see her wanting to do to him what she did with Su and the twins: basically make a spectacle and an example so others know to back off. And tbf, that worked for her in Zaofu. Most of the populace bowed down despite being obviously afraid because she made clear that anyone who didn't would be declared a traitor and treated the same as Su. With Wu, it'd be even bigger since he IS royalty/a symbol of the past.

To Kuvira, the neatest way of handling Wu would be to "convince" him to abdicate the throne. No mess, no legal ramifications, and no international community still kicking up a fuss about her in charge when the monarchy is still around. We've seen her go to the "neat" approach first on a consistent basis, she just brings about a big stick and a shot gun while she does it. IF Wu undergoes enough character development he is about to say no/stand against her, that might be enough to make her threaten the defcon one option in regards to him since obviously, death is another way of handling the monarchy problem.
sokkaboomerang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:18 am »

its funny how this is like the avatar movie now Cheesy lol kill the giant tree
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:38 am »

Why does Bolin have to be so nice. Why can't he be turning those escaped prisoners over to Kuvira and still be in her inner circle Sad
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:47 am »

Why does Bolin have to be so nice. Why can't he be turning those escaped prisoners over to Kuvira and still be in her inner circle Sad
Piff, you want him to remain evil? Why? She's been doing so much damage to people around her, if they don't listen to her it's off with there heads. I'd be more dissapointed if he stayed by her side after seeing all that. Besides his relationship with Varrick is fun Cheesy

He's becoming a really powerful bender though, wonder what leagues he'd be in.

Will ship him wit
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:50 am »

- Bolin lavabending OP pls nerf.

- Technology is advancing way faster than I thought. In the 3 years Korra has been gone, the streets have gone from cobble to full asphalt, with modern lane and crosswalk markings and highway overpasses. The cars also seem a decade more advanced. The train station was really sophisticated, and reminded me of every movie set around WWII that has a train station. In Book One, Republic City felt like it was in the 1920's, and in 3 years, now feels like the thirties or forties, strengthening that Hitler parallel.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:54 am »

Oh my god, so much shipping in this episode! The not!Zutara couple was especially cute Cheesy.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:02 am »

Best episode of the whole season.

It was a fantastic episode, there was a nice amount of action, the jokes were funny and on point, the interaction with Korra, Asami and Mako with Wu was great and the episode moved well. The ending was interesting with Kuvira harvesting the spirit tree. I wonder if Toph will come and try to stop them from destroying the tree? Huh

Also I am surprised that Kuvira is keeping people that aren't earth benders in prison... I thought they said that Kuvira was good but just wants to reunite the nation, making her keep people that aren't earth benders in prison is terrible, they are making my fav character pretty unlikeable Sad.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 06:06 am by Robotman » Logged

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:08 am »

its funny how this is like the avatar movie now Cheesy lol kill the giant tree

Airships and mechanical suits assaulting hometree Cheesy

I loved this episode. Loved it. I thought the dialogue had a lot of character in it between these three this time. And all shippers are going to go bonkers over this episode. Also, I knew Wu'd try wooing Korra, and her responses were flawless. Especially that hand in the face at the end.

Bolin and Varrick have an awesome dynamic. I laughed so loud when Varrick's first step while carrying Bolin got them caught in a trap. Didn't anticipate the Avatar-world's version of ethnic cleansing!

Oh, and a nice way to bring back Mako's family. Grandma yin will love having royalty around, considering how she grew up loyal to the royal cult of personality.

Shout-out: Korra's fighting has bettered since the previous episode, but she still got knocked down by an earthbender move at the start: I can see incremental steps of improvement.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:12 am »

Piff, you want him to remain evil? Why? She's been doing so much damage to people around her, if they don't listen to her it's off with there heads. I'd be more dissapointed if he stayed by her side after seeing all that. Besides his relationship with Varrick is fun Cheesy

He's becoming a really powerful bender though, wonder what leagues he'd be in.

I want a tragic ending so bad. I want him to fall so hard (figuratively of course). I've stated before that I feel that throughout the entirety of this series Bolin has been overlooked by everyone. He has really been treated like the child in the group, while the grownups, Korra, Mako and Asami talk about grown up stuff. He has never been shown appreciation in the way the other characters have to each other.

So in conclusion I want an evil, tragic Bolin along with a side dish of lava pit of Doom.
Emile
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:15 am »

*Waits for Korrasami shippers to talk about how Asami complementing Korra's hair was so totally an indication that Korrasami will be endgame*

Hey Korra  BLUSHED when Asami complemented her/when she complemented Asami in return.

:-)
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: