Sep 20, 2017 07:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 38 (40.9%)
9 - 29 (31.2%)
8 - 17 (18.3%)
7 - 4 (4.3%)
6 - 2 (2.2%)
5 - 1 (1.1%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [407] Reunion  (Read 24363 times)
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:19 am »

Why does Bolin have to be so nice. Why can't he be turning those escaped prisoners over to Kuvira and still be in her inner circle Sad
Piff, you want him to remain evil? Why? She's been doing so much damage to people around her, if they don't listen to her it's off with there heads. I'd be more dissapointed if he stayed by her side after seeing all that. Besides his relationship with Varrick is fun Cheesy

He's becoming a really powerful bender though, wonder what leagues he'd be in.

I want a tragic ending so bad. I want him to fall so hard (figuratively of course). I've stated before that I feel that throughout the entirety of this series Bolin has been overlooked by everyone. He has really been treated like the child in the group, while the grownups, Korra, Mako and Asami talk about grown up stuff. He has never been shown appreciation in the way the other characters have to each other.

So in conclusion I want an evil, tragic Bolin along with a side dish of lava pit of Doom.

That was all in the past, ever since he's been separated from the Krew I think he's really grown.

Ironically he's the only one who really knows what's going on and will likely be the main key to helping, when he returns after every things happened he'd better be given respect.

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
TheGreenLotus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:26 am »

I like how Wu wants Korra go into the Avatar State and NOT make her kill or destroy or crush an army but just to see her eyes glow XD
Gururu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:32 am »

I will say one thing: the Sozin comparisons with Kuvira are strong in this one. At very least, there's now a strong reason for Toph to get involved in what's happening (though I guess this scratches the theories about Kuvira going after RC for their spirit vines, unless Toph kicks her out).

Also, Makorrasami hug was nice~ The restaurant was definitely the equivalent of meeting high school friends after years apart, though.

I didn't like how Asami snapped at Korra for her comment on Asami's father. That tension felt super fake. I didn't particular enjoy all of the toilet humor Mako was involved in, either. We get it! He was forced to watch him pee. Ugh. I'm really not liking, what prince Wu does to the plot, even if he's a walking plot devise.
I liked Bolin taking charge. He definetly is growing up. That was probably the highlight of the episode to me, not that anyone cares, because OMG SHE BLUSHED. Cheesy

You know, it seems like you're so afraid to disappoint anyone, that you end up disappointing everyone.
Emile
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:44 am »

Wu has very good manners with  Granma

I'd like to think him taking a bathroom break and asking Mako to come along was his way of giving Korra and Asami space to have their spat in private.
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:53 am »

Really enjoyed this episode.  Thoughts:

A little odd to see Korra joyful after the last episode.  I mean, I guess she has good reason, because of seeing friendly faces like Naga and Tenzin.  Maybe this is a sign that she's not taking the loss too hard, which is a good thing.

Wow.  Really overt with the Nazi metaphor, there.  Cleansing the Earth Empire of non-Earth nationalities.

Varrick built an EMP in a cave.  With a box of scraps!  Ok maybe not the cave part but CLOSE ENOUGH.

It's nice to see Korra taking her own initiative in applying what she learned from Toph in finding Wu.

Uh oh, Kuvira be treadin' on Toph's turf.  And if the nuclear power metaphor wasn't clear enough, that meter Baatar Jr. used to measure the spirit energy makes it even more clear.
cycle112
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:56 am »

Best episode of the season! Its official, Bolin and Varrick have the best relationship(also loving Steve Blum again). Their action scene was
great and i love how Varrick once again used his intelligence to help. The others plot was also awesome,
Korra getting annoyed at Wu was the highlight for me aha. Great action and dialogue. 10/10
JDG1980
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:12 am »

- Bolin lavabending OP pls nerf.

Bolin's lavabending is already "nerfed" by the fact that he's not nearly as ruthless as Ghazan was. Bolin was willing to try a ruse to get through the checkpoint without fighting; he could have just turned the whole base of the checkpoint into lava, collapsing it like the walls at Ba Sing Se, and then re-solidified the lava and walked through once all the soldiers were scattered or dead. Ghazan might have done something like that, given his actions at the Northern Air Temple, but Bolin wouldn't even consider it.
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:13 am »

Also I am surprised that Kuvira is keeping people that aren't earth benders in prison... I thought they said that Kuvira was good but just wants to reunite the nation, making her keep people that aren't earth benders in prison is terrible, they are making my fav character pretty unlikeable Sad.

Yeah, I don't get how that's supposed to make any sense motivation-wise.  =/  Why would she even want to do that?  Maybe if it was a recent thing and she thought they were spies, but that's not what it sounded like to me.

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:14 am »

Wow.  Baraaz's hair and voice remind me of Spike from Cowboy Beebop. Cheesy

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
Thane
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:17 am »

Honestly, this was as a good of an episode as the first one. The only things I didn't like was the whole capturing other benders and shipping teases.

I don't think the episode could've ended on a more tense note. Are they seriously going to have Toph wreck an entire army? Or just duel Kuvira? Maybe Kuvira's defeated next episode and the rest of the season is just dedicated to shipping - the fanbase would be so pleased.

Edit: I will say I think it's strange that Korra is so chipper after her crushing defeat last episode. I'm not saying I want an episode focused on her getting better, but where are the bandages and the sense of humiliation and failure? I know Tenzin tried making her feel better, but the people of Zaofu REALLY wanted Korra to take down Kuvira.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 07:45 am by Thane » Logged
JDG1980
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:19 am »

Yeah, I don't get how that's supposed to make any sense motivation-wise.  =/  Why would she even want to do that?  Maybe if it was a recent thing and she thought they were spies, but that's not what it sounded like to me.

I'm having a hard time understanding the motive for this, too. Obviously the metatextual reason is to hammer home the point that Kuvira is the Avatarverse Hitler, but we haven't seen anything in Kuvira's past that supports this sort of "ethnic purity" thinking. She didn't have any problems working with the Avatar's multicultural group in last season's finale, and seemed fine with Bolin and Opal being a couple (not to mention the fact that Bolin himself is of mixed ancestry).

It certainly raises the stakes for Republic City, with its diverse population. And we all know that Kuvira must be going for Republic City next. Given how heavy-handed they're being with the Nazi analogies, it wouldn't surprise me if Kuvira tries to take over using a plebiscite backed up with the implicit or explicit threat of force if she loses (drawing on Hitler's annexation of Austria).
Chinoiserie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:31 am »

Maybe Kuvira will threaten to kill Bataar Jr. to get Toph to surrender and later he would say something like "you would not have really done it right?".

It is a overused trope sure, but in this case I can see it being used. I can not see Toph doing nothing or winning the army by herself and the show refuses to let Toph lose, or at least it felt like it in AtLA. And I would like more develpment between Kuvira and Bataar's relationship and him and Toph to interact if possible. Alltough they might not still let any of the old characters do anything so maybe we do not see Toph at all and in later episode she gives so excuse why she was not there.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:35 am »

Wow.  Baraaz's hair and voice remind me of Spike from Cowboy Beebop. Cheesy

Funny you say that considering it's the same VA. So Blum goes from revolutionary leader, to half man half tree, to a guard who thinks he can hold a bottle of poison, to a fire bender. What's next?

This is currently the best episode. It's nice to see Korra happy and getting a bit of win after last episode. I'm now wondering if she'll bump into Bolin and Varrick (another great scene) now that they are stuck in the middle nowhere. I'm guessing the next few scenes may be Mako and Korra centric since we have seen them together in the trailer. Mako clearly looked hurt when Korra didn't write back to him so perhaps that will be addressed.

Kuvira.......still think that she's the good guy? Nope.

If I have to take a guess she will get her butt kicked by Toph because you know there will be an uproar if she gets defeated. Or, maybe the swamp 'fights' back because you don't mess with mother nature. Either way I can see Kuvira failing this task because if she's anything like Korra was in the past she will not take the loss easily. She have no choice but to go back to RC since there are spirit vines over there and will get them by force since she has her little spirit bomb. Speaking of which, with the revelation of her ethnic cleansing plan she's probably going to bomb RC once she gets what she wants since it's filled with a lot diverse people.

So like I said, good episode.
daventry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:41 am »

Did the Earth King Prince Seriously expect Mako to hold he's Peanus when he said he needs help to go to the Bathroom, who Wrote this Korra Series anyway.

I will be so Happy when this Series Ends, i mean Korra is Truly the Worst Avatar ever, hence she Constantly gets her Butt Kicked in witch Aang took down the Firelord in witch he was like only 10 or something.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:44 am »

^Then why are you watching this series? Seriously, why are you watching this?
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:46 am »

Wow.  Baraaz's hair and voice remind me of Spike from Cowboy Beebop. Cheesy

Funny you say that considering it's the same VA. So Blum goes from revolutionary leader, to half man half tree, to a guard who thinks he can hold a bottle of poison, to a fire bender. What's next?
*jaw drop*

...So that's why he and the other escapees were able to bend intelligently and hold their own (for the most part)!  Awesome!!!

(Also, I seriously need to pay attention to the names of non MC VA's from now on...)
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 07:54 am by The_Xov » Logged

daventry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:48 am »

^Then why are you watching this series? Seriously, why are you watching this?
Because i thought now at Season 4 it would get better, hence Korra still seems to get her Butt Kicked, also she Murdered All the Avatars past lives in witch the Next Avatar would only be able to seek advice from Korra in witch Oops theres no previous Avatars.

I also think the Avatar Line should End with Korra, i mean what possible reason would the Next Avatar be good for when Guns have been invented, plus this Series is starting to get even more Modernize.

Ugh, i cant stand the Commenter guy that talks about the Previous Episode
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 07:50 am by daventry » Logged
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:51 am »

Did the Earth King Prince Seriously expect Mako to hold he's Peanus when he said he needs help to go to the Bathroom, who Wrote this Korra Series anyway.

I will be so Happy when this Series Ends, i mean Korra is Truly the Worst Avatar ever, hence she Constantly gets her Butt Kicked in witch Aang took down the Firelord in witch he was like only 10 or something.

Well, at least she did better today's episode than the previous one.

Some one makes a good point that I didn't even think about, Korra / Mako running into Bolin / Varrick while doing whatever is they are doing.

To me, they just seemed too far to return to the city on there own just yet.

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:53 am »

Korra beat up quite a lot of people in this episode, and blocked every attack but 1 (which was launched at her while she was looking the other way). I'm not sure if we should be reducing characters' worth to their ability to beat people up though.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
cycle112
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:54 am »

Daventry, you are utterly wrong. If you honestly think Korra is a weak avatar after all she's done
then you don't pay enough attention.
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:56 am »

Oh, the introduction between Korra and Wu was great. Cheesy

I especailly loved these couple of seconds.

Oh my spirts, he's touching me!

MAKO, HELP ME!!!

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #46 on: Nov 14, 2014 08:00 am »

This episode, Korra gets her groove back again. How many times is Korra going to lose her groove this season?

The reunion was sweet, Korrasami shippers are going to love their little moments, I possitive the animators know about that, it had to be intentional.  I was thinking half joking when Mako left Wu alone, he is going to kidnapped, but I didn't think that was going to happen, I mean Kuvira already overthrow him, why do they need him. When the Fire Nation took Ba Sing Se and the Earth King escaped with Team Avatar, did they go chasing him? No, they had his power, he was useless.

Bolin and Varrick, OMG Varrick made Zhu Li carry him with a broken angle, I don't care if she really is on Kuvira's side, she could smile and laugh as Kuvira destroys the world, Zhu Li would still be a very sympathic character and Varrick had it coming. Anyway so know Kuvira is a segergiest to. She has almost all the hate groups covered. If this gets out, than the other nation they have reason to get involved. Message to Bolin and Varrick, when you are fugatives disguise yourself. Past fugatives we have had, Zuko and Iroh in Book 2, Team Avatar in Book 3, etc. at least they tried to disguise themselves. And leave it to Varrick to make worse by just smiling and showcasing to that guard.

But in the end, Varrick is the hero that saves the day, but he is still a jerk for the way he has treated Zhu Li in the past, and an idiot for nearly getting caught here. Looks like Bolin and Varrick are some new allies, which is good, you need all the help you can get.

The fight on the train that was awsome to see most of the new Team Avatar back together kicking butt. But Wu you are no Bolin trying to fill that role. Anyway turns out Mako and Bolin been staying at Asami house which is nice of nice of her, Asami is a saint. And now Wu is a house guest, poor Asami, poor Mako and Bolin family. Wu is hillarous, he has hit on everyone on this series it seems, Asami, Kuvira, Korra, and now Mako and Bolin's grandmother, LOL. I am just kidding on that one, though it would have been funny if Mako said "don't hate on my grandma."

Looks like Bataar Jr is in for nasty reunion with grandma Toph. If she decides to intervine, Toph might just sit back and observe and say "whatever." You never know, she is so detached.

This episode was great, nice to see the whole cast back, I am glad the good guys get a small rebound win. It would get old, if they lose every episode. Even Kuvira needs to have sit backs, she can't always win till the finale. 10 / 10
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 08:02 am by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Nov 14, 2014 08:02 am »

Daventry, you are utterly wrong. If you honestly think Korra is a weak avatar after all she's done
then you don't pay enough attention.

I agree. Also she didn't murder the past lives, Unalaq did that. You make it sound like she chose to let that happen. Again, if you weren't enjoying the previous seasons then why are you watching this season? Aang also had moments of weakness too (and screw ups for that matter) so stop acting like he is a god and the be all end all of Avatars.

*Edit*

For those asking why Kuvira seems to have an interest in Wu even after he's out of power could be because she probably has plans to get rid any royal descendants because they are still a threat to her. For example the Soviet Government killed the Tsar and his family because they still had an influence on some its people. In other words, they were scarred that the monarchy system would rise up again.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 08:07 am by Fire Rose » Logged
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Nov 14, 2014 08:06 am »

I hope that Bataar Jr sticks by Kuvira to the end. I think it will be quite boring if everyone in this season is forgiven (since forgiveness is supposed to be a theme this season).
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 08:08 am by Hand of Vaatu » Logged
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Nov 14, 2014 08:08 am »

Anyone else get a "We Can Do It!" vibe from this magazine back-cover?

EDIT: Congrats on the arbitarry number that is 3000 posts, Fire Rose! Smiley

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: