Jun 19, 2018 08:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 38 (40.9%)
9 - 29 (31.2%)
8 - 17 (18.3%)
7 - 4 (4.3%)
6 - 2 (2.2%)
5 - 1 (1.1%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [407] Reunion  (Read 28433 times)
ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #150 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:28 pm »

Could this actually be character development for Varrick? Him actually doing the thing?

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #151 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:46 pm »

This episode felt quite fillery in a lot of ways but I still loved it.

I love the Varrick and Bolin dynamic, they play off so well. Bolin's lavabending was so well showcased in this episode. I think if Bolin was bloodlusted he could take down just about any bender in the world (except for maybe Tenzin, Zaheer and Kuvira).

Prince Wu is such a wannabe ladies man. I am not surprised that he asked Korra out. It looks like Wu will be out of our hair for a little bit.

Looks like Kuvira might not need those spirit vines in Republic City anymore. It seems like the writers are teasing Toph vs. Kuvira. Toph will probably win, but will have to surrender or flee due to Kuvira's army intervening.

All in all, the episode was simple but effective. Initial impressions = 10/10.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Red Lotus Grandmaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #152 on: Nov 14, 2014 04:49 pm »

I thought this was quite a cool air bending move

Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #153 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:11 pm »

What was the bigger shipping moment. Korra's blush with Asami or Korra's " bedroom eyes at Mako?
Wait, so this means we get a Borra shipping moment next week....right guys...right?
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #154 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:23 pm »

I loved pretty much all of the dialogue, including the banter, the flirting, and even the bickering (I actually kinda like bicker dialogue). Asami getting snippy about her dad was a bit forced in, but I do understand that she's defensive about it, especially considering Korra's been gone for thrice as long as they've actually known her.

Mako's "actually that is like old times for me and Korra"; I liked it. I liked it a lot. Especially Korra's sly grin in response. It's definitely starting to feel like 'the good old days' again between these guys.

Korra's reactions to Wu were so on point. That little 'wow wait-is he touching me?' glare when Wu put his arm around her shoulder and guided her to the table. That epic pout before she airbended him onto the roof of the train. That agressively blunt rejection of the date. Shoving him out of the hug. excellent.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Molra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Stories are everywhere.

« Reply #155 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:26 pm »

In terms of shipping context, Korra's reaction to Mako's inside joke is already a classic body language animation. Her shy reaction to Asami's compliment is typical between two female friends exchanging typical comments on outfits and hairstyles. It shows that Korra is developing a sense of female vanity and receiving a compliment from a stylish Asami is somehow relevant.

I just loved this:

source

"Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope."
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #156 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:29 pm »

This episode had at least 10 awesome animated reactions and responses.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Onu-Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokkarian King and Equalist Emeritis

« Reply #157 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:45 pm »

My Thoughts this episode (and as others explained too)

Kuvira: Harvest them all

*Cue Chainsaw noise*

Next Episode: Sleep deprived Toph Ends Empire.

Still trying to figure out what Varrick made to turn off the robots though. It looked like a grounding rod, but maybe a radio?Huh

Varrick, Amon and Sokka, the only humans among the Titans..
Just hand over your Turtleducks and no Firebender will be harmed.
Flamewheel4354
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #158 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:48 pm »

I rewatched the episode and am in a better mood, yay!

This. Definitely one of my favorite reactions in this episode. And I loved Mako's comment.

Typical Korra to be so blunt in rejecting Wu. Haha. Although she can be a bit rude, I can understand. I'd react similarly if I were in her situation (at least expression-wise). It's hard to pick a favorite response of hers to Wu, but I think it's when she airbended him out of the train. I laughed harder the second time watching it.

I forgot to mention last time how happy I am that we're finally getting rid of Wu for a while! Yay. He's been getting pretty annoying. It'll be nice to not have him interrupt the Krew's interactions. Then it'll really be like old times (well sorta, without Bolin).
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 05:50 pm by Flamewheel4354 » Logged
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #159 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:53 pm »

The first and third one...I'm guessing Mako is worried about losing his job and his fellow Bro in arms, Wu. Aww, Mako cares about him.

Second one, probably still stressed, but I thought it was a bit out of character? Or maybe just the stress of handling Wu has been building up.
Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #160 on: Nov 14, 2014 05:56 pm »

Reunited, and it feels so good...

Seriously, it is great to finally have Team Avatar back together, or at least 75% of them. It wasn't the same without Bolin; he might have been able to break the tension in the restaurant a little bit. Though him acting like a responsible adult for once was also nice. Varrick really stepped up as well, even if he is ridiculously weak physically, his big brain more than makes up for it. Their messy hair was glorious.

If Varrick wasn't exaggerating about being carried twenty miles, then it's official: Zhu Li is Superwoman. He so admires how badass she is, in his own way. Where art thou, Zhu Li?

"Mmmm, I'm in laundry!" XD For once Wu's inability to shut up actually saved him! I wonder what Kuvira would want with him...if she wanted the prince killed, her supporters could've done it by now. Loved Wu trying to get in on the group hug even with Korra pushing him out--he wants friends so badly, and she was 100% done with him this whole episode. Cheesy You're not fooling anyone, Wu...we all know Mako is your true love.

What was the bigger shipping moment. Korra's blush with Asami or Korra's " bedroom eyes at Mako?
Wait, so this means we get a Borra shipping moment next week....right guys...right?

I hope so, if only to complete the circle of shipping.

Kuvira better watch out...if the swamp doesn't mess her up, then Toph definitely will.

Keeper of Wan's teapot and the Zhu Li (the battleship, not Varrick's wife).

Click here for my tumblr, and here for M'Lil's new hit single!
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #161 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:06 pm »

^As many already commented, Kuvira wanting Wu may have something to do with her trying to get rid of the whatever supporters Wu has left. If he's gone (and I mean gone) the people of the Earth Nation/Kingdom/Empire will have no choice but to stop and support her now. In other words, she could be worried that the monarchy has a chance to rise up despite the supporters being a minority. If not then Wu can also be used as bargaining chip if Kuvira decides that she wants to return to RC.
Atren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mostly read, rarely post

« Reply #162 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:29 pm »

*Cue Chainsaw noise*

Still trying to figure out what Varrick made to turn off the robots though. It looked like a grounding rod, but maybe a radio?Huh

Looking at effect I think it was EMP meaning anything electronic went bye bye.
Onu-Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokkarian King and Equalist Emeritis

« Reply #163 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:39 pm »

*Cue Chainsaw noise*

Looking at effect I think it was EMP meaning anything electronic went bye bye.
Oh, I get that. But he stuck that rod there with two wires which as I assume most would know would cause the EMP to dissipate immediately (unless that thing was a generator strong enough to create an encapsulating field for quite a considerable radius. I was thinking that it may have been more so a microwave gun as that works like an EMP but fries circuit boards more so than causing a short, which I'm not sure they have yet. either way I should probably just hand wave it as cartoon science at its finest, still not knowing what it is with all that detail bothers me.

Varrick, Amon and Sokka, the only humans among the Titans..
Just hand over your Turtleducks and no Firebender will be harmed.
Fate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvy made by caves.

« Reply #164 on: Nov 14, 2014 06:57 pm »

I'm 96% percent certain that Kuvira's origin is significant.  We know she wasn't born in Zaofu, right?  Not that all characters need to be related, but I wonder if she isn't somehow from Long Feng's line.  As villains they are quite similar--politically-savvy, order-obsessed, throne-subverting Earthbenders with a fondness for oppressive measures and reeducation facilities.  After Long Feng was removed from power (and probably imprisoned or killed), he could have had family who survived in poverty following his fall, until eventually little Kuvira came to Zaofu and eventually rose to prominence.  

So the Kuvira vs. Wu conflict could really be the scions of Long Feng and King Kuei's families, tussling for power one last time.

This is probably just wishful thinking, but I still really want to know what became of Long Feng.  Still, I'll bet the Dai Li found employment in Kuvira's camps one way or another.  They have a history of making themselves useful to whoever happens to hold power.
ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #165 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:01 pm »

I rewatched the episode and am in a better mood, yay!

This. Definitely one of my favorite reactions in this episode. And I loved Mako's comment.

I... don't understand this look. I am also emotionally calloused, lol. Can someone explain what people think this is?

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #166 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:29 pm »

It's a sly grin, almost like an in-joke.

People have also started referring to it as "bedroom eyes" Cheesy

Molra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Stories are everywhere.

« Reply #167 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:35 pm »

Agree with the first option, as I said, it's an inside joke, something that just the two of them understand 100%

"Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope."
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #168 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:39 pm »

Best ep of the season so far. I knew Kuvira was nuts, called it about a months ago in the coronation thread.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
SpiritWatcher
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tank-kun

« Reply #169 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:49 pm »

I felt some of the lines of this episode were rather awkward, like Asami's outburst or the final lines after jumping off the train, but the meaning of them wasn't lost in any way. Honestly it felt good to have Mako, Asami, and Korra back together and having an awesome time, bickering all the way. It felt like real friends in stress and after having too long away from each other (forgetting the bad about each other and remembering the good, as we humans tend to do).

It showed off how they have changed, and I loved the scenes with Bolin and Varrick. Bolin has become an epic Earthbender with some incredible skills and a wonderful style.

All in all, despite some of the awkwardness I give this episode an 8/10, I liked it in other words XD.

Also, as a side note, the voice of that one firebender sounds familiar...

EDIT: OH YEAH, Korra's ability to see where Wu was makes up for her lack of fight in the last episode, by giving the previous episodes a bit more purpose, specially with Kuvira returning to the swamp. This totally changes my opinions of the previous episode.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014 07:52 pm by SpiritWatcher » Logged

I am a spirit. An adrift soul ever strayed. Heaven lost I watch.

Keeper of the Avatarverse scientific units Varricks (for energy I guess) and Zhu
ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #170 on: Nov 14, 2014 07:50 pm »

Agree with the first option, as I said, it's an inside joke, something that just the two of them understand 100%

Okay gotcha. Thanks! I guess I'm just trying to figure out why its so important shipwise. Although, ships have been launched on less

Omninaut
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Heil das Mutterreich über alles!

« Reply #171 on: Nov 14, 2014 08:18 pm »

>Ethnic Cleansing

Well f**k this show

古維拉萬歲!

We can lay the groundwork for people to choose their own greatness.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #172 on: Nov 14, 2014 08:30 pm »

Korra's endgame is seizing and purging republic city, calling it now.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
fraroc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #173 on: Nov 14, 2014 08:35 pm »

I'm 96% percent certain that Kuvira's origin is significant.  We know she wasn't born in Zaofu, right?  Not that all characters need to be related, but I wonder if she isn't somehow from Long Feng's line.  As villains they are quite similar--politically-savvy, order-obsessed, throne-subverting Earthbenders with a fondness for oppressive measures and reeducation facilities.  After Long Feng was removed from power (and probably imprisoned or killed), he could have had family who survived in poverty following his fall, until eventually little Kuvira came to Zaofu and eventually rose to prominence. 

So the Kuvira vs. Wu conflict could really be the scions of Long Feng and King Kuei's families, tussling for power one last time.

This is probably just wishful thinking, but I still really want to know what became of Long Feng.  Still, I'll bet the Dai Li found employment in Kuvira's camps one way or another.  They have a history of making themselves useful to whoever happens to hold power.

I think I like the theory that Kuvira is Zaheer and P'li's daughter better.
Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #174 on: Nov 14, 2014 08:41 pm »

>Ethnic Cleansing

Well f**k this show

Yeah, I think it's safe to say Kuvira and her army are officially Earth Nazis.

Keeper of Wan's teapot and the Zhu Li (the battleship, not Varrick's wife).

Click here for my tumblr, and here for M'Lil's new hit single!
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: