Dec 17, 2017 12:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 49 (47.1%)
9 - 23 (22.1%)
8 - 14 (13.5%)
7 - 10 (9.6%)
6 - 4 (3.8%)
5 - 2 (1.9%)
4 - 1 (1%)
3 - 1 (1%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 104

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [406] The Battle of Zaofu  (Read 42980 times)
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:14 am »

Insert Quote
>>Jinora she wasn't plot powered. Yay.

Actually, they were... with Opal...
No they just combined their airbending for an AOE attack to keep people back.

And then, why do you glad to see "plot-powered" Kuvira, who became more agile than Zaheer in his prime? )
Korra just sucks she has lost all her fights thus far. Toph was fighting her with her back turned.
Why are you not bothered with "plot-weakened" Korra? - or plot-powered Tenzin... ))
I am bothered with Korra i'm disgusted with her actually. As for Tenzin don't think that was ever the case with him.
my point is that everything is plot-induced. The only reason to complain is when things get less interesting or completely illogical.
Of course everything is plot-induced that's how stories work. But things are illogical and less interesting, Korra can't fight or do anything anymore.
Regardless of you like Bolin or not, that is rude and offensive for saying that.
Water is wet, a person who lies alot is a liar, and one whom does or acts idiotic all the time is an idiot. That is Bolin.

I disagree with your opinion on Bolin but if you think that I won't force you to change it. Though you don't like Korra either? How do you survive book four than? Book four has been a good portage of them plus Varrick Tongue

Tenzin has been out of the plot since episode one. You won't be seeing any one else till Korra gets to the city.
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014 06:16 am by Boilinfangirl » Logged

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #26 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:17 am »

Why are you getting so worked up about me giving my opinion about a freaking cartoon character Huh

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
Yangchen
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:24 am »

Bataar Jr has some serious issues. Was a tantrum really necessary? Did he really expect that his father and brother would bow down? His father may have been disappointed. I was embarrassed for jr. I think I'll start calling him 'angry boy'.

Korra - I wasn't expecting her to win (it's only episode 6) but it was hard to see her get tossed around like a rag doll yet again. I do appreciate however that they didn't reduce her problems to being a case of poison in her system. She still has psychological issues to work through.

"Selfless duty calls you to sacrifice your own spiritual needs and do whatever it takes to protect the world."
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:26 am »

Why are you getting so worked up about me giving my opinion about a freaking cartoon character Huh

I'm not getting worked up over your opinion, I'm just curious how your making it through book four if you hate all the characters the plots have been focused on.

Any ways, granted I was a little disappointed by Korra's fight, I would have liked seen her more on even grounds even if defeated. It was too one sided, wonder how shey'll fight her way back? I thought she was better enough to fight but she gotten beaten up badly.

Will ship him wit
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:26 am »

I liked the episode, but meh, felt shorter than usual (of course, I do know it was ~20 minutes like every other episode), not sure why. The fight was ... so disappointing, but it is logical as they could not just make Korra defeat the main villain in the 6th episode of the book, since she should have been able to do that with the Avatar State. I really hope we'll get a very spectacular series ending battle with Korra showing her real power.

Yeah, the fight fell flat for me aswell, I was really super excited by it but when it ended I felt abit like "meh"... I want them to be on more equal footing, so hopefully those spirit weapons help Kuvira become more of a match for Korra when she is in the avatar state.

The episode was good. I think I just built it up in my head too much, I was expecting it to be alot more epic.

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #30 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:33 am »

I'm just curious how your making it through book four if you hate all the characters the plots have been focused on
Please show me where i ever stated this Undecided
Any ways, granted I was a little disappointed by Korra's fight, I would have liked seen her more on even grounds even if defeated. It was too one sided, wonder how shey'll fight her way back?
Agreed. I understand losing to toph the way she did but she failed to even touch Kuvira. Zaheer has to be the GOAT villian because no villian has ever managed to throw her off like this.
The episode was good. I think I just built it up in my head too much, I was expecting it to be alot more epic.
Great episode ep just the little things mess it up.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:43 am »

Let's not stand on ceremony here, Avatar Korra...
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:44 am »

I'm just curious how your making it through book four if you hate all the characters the plots have been focused on
Please show me where i ever stated this Undecided
Any ways, granted I was a little disappointed by Korra's fight, I would have liked seen her more on even grounds even if defeated. It was too one sided, wonder how shey'll fight her way back?
Agreed. I understand losing to toph the way she did but she failed to even touch Kuvira. Zaheer has to be the GOAT villian because no villian has ever managed to throw her off like this.
Great episode ep just the little things mess it up.

Saying your disgusted of Korra and disliking Bolin, which book four has pretty much been about, do you skip a lot of episodes?

Yah, I get what your saying, I had a lot built up in my mind about the battle too. Didn't expect much from Su's plot, thought it would pretty much happen that way Tongue

Didn't know Bolin would escape this episode, was surprised by that add in. Top of that helping Varrick, that was cool though in my opinion.

Will ship him wit
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:55 am »

Bataar Jr has some serious issues. Was a tantrum really necessary? Did he really expect that his father and brother would bow down? His father may have been disappointed. I was embarrassed for jr. I think I'll start calling him 'angry boy'.

Korra - I wasn't expecting her to win (it's only episode 6) but it was hard to see her get tossed around like a rag doll yet again. I do appreciate however that they didn't reduce her problems to being a case of poison in her system. She still has psychological issues to work through.

BJ-What is his issue? What is he trying to prove?

Korra-I knew she was going to lose too, but I am going to be even more annoyed if we get two or three more episodes of her being depressed. On a side note, did anyone else notice the look on Su, Jinora, and Opal's face when they saw Korra in the Avatar State? It's almost like they regretted their decision. As I said once before, the world has practically broke their Avatar because of all that pressure they have placed on her. Things still haven't changed for Korra. She is always going to be seen as a 'bad' Avatar.

Varrick and Bolin- I am now curious to see what's going to happen next to these guys. Just how on earth are they going to get back to RC.

Kuvira: How some people think that she is still the 'good guy' in all of this still baffles me.

On the bright side we are now in the second half of the season. This should now start to get heated up now.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #34 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:55 am »

Saying your disgusted of Korra
Wouldn't you be after that performance.
and disliking Bolin, which book four has pretty much been about, do you skip a lot of episodes?
Always disliked him. I'm consistent. And No i don't skip eps. My favorite character is Mako.....

Yah, I get what your saying, I had a lot built up in my mind about the battle too. Didn't expect much from Su's plot, thought it would pretty much happen that way Tongue

Didn't know Bolin would escape this episode, was surprised by that add in. Top of that helping Varrick, that was cool though in my opinion.
He was alright its just him acting like a jackass all the time that bothers me.
Let's not stand on ceremony here, Avatar Korra...

Bruce actually put up a better fight than korra.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:01 am »

I am so sick of her losing. She needs to win against a big bad by herself at least ONCE in this series.
Red Lotus Grandmaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:04 am »

Did anyone notice how Opal and Jinora's air bending was more powerful than Korra's AS level air bending? I know they were bending it together, but there is no way a couple of air benders should be more powerful than the avatar state. In fact, I just re-watched the "Desert", and their air cyclone was even more powerful than AS Aang's.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #37 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:06 am »

I am so sick of her losing. She needs to win against a big bad by herself at least ONCE in this series.
It's not the losing it's the lack of competitiveness. Also now that you mention it Korra has never beaten a main villian on her own. Yikes.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #38 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:07 am »

Very good episode, even the fight was okay-ish all things considered. The dubstep nuke will surely get many fans  Cheesy.

However, I must say that I don't think that this is just coincidence:

Remember guys: Dark!Korra is real, the potato spirit could see it too. Also, at one point, Raava took the place of Dark!Korra. My theory is that Raava is Dark!Korra, and she wants Korra out of business so that she can bond with her new favorite: Kuvira, the woman who has already proved her worth by creating the Earth Empire. It was Raava who saved Kuvira, and she GG'd out as soon as Korra was about to get rekt'd instead of giving Korra a power boost like in the Book 2/3 finales.

Also, the decoy was Zhu Li... I had many KEKs  Cheesy...
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014 07:09 am by AtoMaki » Logged

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Red Lotus Grandmaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:12 am »

In my opinion, Book 3 Korra would have been able take kuivira with too much difficulty without the AS. It was clear in this episode that Korra was rusty, which she is suggested by Jinora(or was it Opal), and it became clear at the end that Korra still has psychological issues. So are there various factors as to why she couldn't win without the AS. Though, AS Korra did totally stomp Kuivira.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:18 am »

It better be psychological, because this is just getting painful. I think she needs at least a few months with Toph to get her back snuff. They sent her to the wrong person to heal.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:26 am »

Why are people disappointed in the fight? I thought we were all in agreement that no matter how bad we want Korra to win, that now wasn't the time to "beat the baddy".

I for one love it because they showed that Korra's problem is still there. Sure it's hard watching Korra lose like that but c'mon. We all know this is leading up to a huge victory by Korra in the finale.

Suyin BAEfong <3
RoyL
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:27 am »

This Book is so amazing. And were not even halfway there Cheesy
Red Lotus Grandmaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:35 am »

Why are people disappointed in the fight? I thought we were all in agreement that no matter how bad we want Korra to win, that now wasn't the time to "beat the baddy".

Yes, but they could have still made the fight more even and not make Korra's moves so sloppy. Korra's technique and form was so sloppy and she was attacking widely. Kuivira was literally having a field day with Korra and she was just waiting for to tire herself out
cycle112
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:36 am »

Fantastic episode once again, this season has been on a roll lately!
Its pretty obvious why Korra saw Kuvira as dark Korra, mike and bryan
deliberately designed her to mirror Korra. So because of this,dark Korra manifests from Kuvira
to represent her mental enemy. Its so complex!:)
I just thought that was a great way of showing how Korra is still battling herself.
10/10
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:45 am »

Why didn't they just tell Korra about the slave camps? I think she would've fought much harder if she knew how high the stakes were. She was still uneasy about Zaofu and was a bit reluctant about it, she probably would've fought with more rage if she knew that Kuvira was enslaving her citizens. Not saying she'd win, but she might have had a little more strength.
Landshark
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:53 am »

Did it look to anyone else like Korra was going to kill Kuvira with that giant rock when Kuvira was downed? At no point did Kuvira look like she was intending to kill Korra.

Maybe not up to that point, but she was certainly about to use those metal shards to execute Korra before Opal and Jinora stepped in.
Saturius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Nov 07, 2014 07:58 am »

I don't know why people are so disappointed by Korra's fighting bilities. She's been getting beat by random mooks since the season began.  There was no way she was going to be be able to put up a decent fight against Kuvira. It was hard to watch, but it made a lot of sense with the plot and Korra's story going on at the moment. And really, in a way she DID win the fight. The moment she went Avatar state, Kuvira was toast.  She's lucky Korra went a little loopy otherwise Kuvira would have been smashed to a pulp.

The airbender tornado holding back the arm was really cool. I'm surprised I liked that so much since it was just freaking A.W.F.U.L in the season 3 finale.

And Verrick jut never gets old.  It's amazing because unlike Bolin, his humor never falls flat for me.  Very entertaining character.  I also think Kuvira comes off a little better in this episode.  Doesn't seem like such a psycho(even though in reality she is).  Anyway, I thought this episode was just fantastic. It's the one I've enjoyed the most this season.
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Nov 07, 2014 08:20 am »

Battle of Zaofu is on Nick.com now.

fraroc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Nov 07, 2014 08:28 am »

In my opinion, Korra really put up a hell of a fight. She may not have won, but she sure wasn't giving up and surrendering. I will admit, I was scared that we could have lost both Varrick and Bolin in one episode, thankfully that wasn't the case. I loved it when Bolin was scrambling trying to turn off the spirit bomb, really reminded me of Sokka Smiley

Honestly, I'm really intrigued on how the show is going to deal with the fact that she's still having flashbacks of herself in the Avatar State....Removing the remaining mercury in her system fixed her ability to go into the Avatar State, but there is still some other things going on...She dosen't fear her past enemies anymore, could she still be fearing herself? Could she still be fearing the possibility of Kuvira doing to her what Amon, Unalaq, and Zaheer did to her?..It could be that the reason Korra visits Zaheer is for her to finally confront him for what he did to Korra...
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: