May 25, 2017 11:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 49 (47.1%)
9 - 23 (22.1%)
8 - 14 (13.5%)
7 - 10 (9.6%)
6 - 4 (3.8%)
5 - 2 (1.9%)
4 - 1 (1%)
3 - 1 (1%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 104

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [406] The Battle of Zaofu  (Read 37574 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« on: Oct 31, 2014 11:51 pm »

Release date: 7 November 2014

Summary: Korra returns to her role as the Avatar; Bolin and Varrick break from Kuvira's army.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2014 11:19 am by SMBH » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2014 03:10 am »

Episode is out early on Amazon, please keep all discussion within the Spoilers board till it airs on Nick.com

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2014 03:57 am »

So yeah, stuff goes down. Baatar Jr is full on Percy Weasley. I hope he comes to his senses soon.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:04 am »

I'm glad they didn't just cut Dark Avatar Korra randomly, but they could at least have let Korra do better than that.
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:06 am »

That was difficult to watch. I'm so tired of seeing poor Korra get her butt kicked. Sad

And Kuvira is just nasty. She and baatar deserve each other.

I feel so bad for Korra. Everyone keeps demanding she enter the avatar state but they don't get how difficult it's been for her. She's going to beat herself up about this :/
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:11 am »

That idiot Suyan got captured in one minute. That plan was crazy, in a way they deserved it, if Iroh he probably would say they didn't think things through.

This leads to what we all waited for, Korra vs Kuvira with a gentlemen or gentlewomen, a whatever agreement, if Korra wins the Empire will leave Zaofu, if Kuvira wins Korra will just step out of Empire business. Right from the start, you see where they are going. Korra is mentle not ready yet, she is like Kuvira said a little rusty, but mainly she is holding back. Kuvira is fighting with all her might, while Korra is holding back, in Korra's mind she is fighting the Kuvira of 3 years ago a person who saved her dad's life, someone not fully considered an enemy, and that is Korra's downfall. She does go in the Avatar State, and she kick Kuvira's butt, and Kuvira has no answers for that, so does show that she is not invincible, but still Korra holds back, like Aang did at one point in his Ozai battle. Only this time Korra is not able to overcome that.

But in the end, Jinorra is the one that saves the day, the good guys realise when they have lost and time to cut their loses, as important as Zaofu, under cirmstances can you allow Korra to be captured, if she is, than all hope is lost, Korra is the world's only hope. Feels like old times. In the end, it was a one sided at different points in each side, and really Kuvira didn't defeat Korra, Korra defeated herself.

As for the B plot, Varrick you mad genious, I don't know why Bataar Jr. didn't put his foot down and make that guard work with Varrick, to allow a prisioner to assist Verrick it just stupid. Varrick is starting to realise how much he relies on Zhu Li. Never the less, he was going to commit sucide to A stick to Kuvira, and B losing Zhu Li give no reason to live. In a way that is kind of sweet and maybe even romantic. I know that will come into play later when those two reconcile, and you know that is going to happen. When they find out Verrick is alive I wonder what Kuvira is going to think of her finance. Jr. you incompident jerk buffon might in for it. Glad Varrick and Bolin got away, I loved the part when Varrick used his name and Zhu Li as verbs "someone Zhu Li'd him", and Bolin saying he sympatising with Zhu Li for putting up with Varrick. Now that Bolin and Varrick are going to be together, in a way that mirrors Mako and Wu.

The last scene, Bataar Jr is in over his head, if he thinks he is smart to finish Varrick good luck buddy. But Zhu Li being assigned that position and her reaction to the Korra / Kuvira, it is clear she is not fully on Kuvira side and she will turn by the end of the series. Weather she is a mole or not it yet to decided, but her heart is not with Kuvira and the Earth Empire, that is for sure. So interesting to see where that goes.

A great episode, I am sure some people are mad that Korra lost, but really Korra beat herself, so it is okay. I loved the scene with the long haired son and Ikki and Meelo. Some much needed comic relief.

This episode 10 / 10, this season has been on fire.

« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014 04:30 am by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:19 am »

I am rooting for Kuvira now.

That whole scene where Korra saw her own face in Kuvira was just frustrating. And I guess this episode confirms that Bolin will not at any point turn bad which I feel is a real let down.

No wonder Jr gets so annoyed. He takes over a whole city and all his dad says to him is "I am disappointed in you". I really do get the sense that he was being overshadowed by everyone in his family for a long time.

The entire plot felt too predictable and ordinary. 7/10
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014 04:20 am by Hand of Vaatu » Logged
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:27 am »

I am rooting for Kuvira now.

That whole scene where Korra saw her own face in Kuvira was just frustrating. And I guess this episode confirms that Bolin will not at any point turn bad which I feel is a real let down.

No wonder Jr gets so annoyed. He takes over a whole city and all his dad says to him is "I am disappointed in you". I really do get the sense that he was being overshadowed by everyone in his family for a long time.

The entire plot felt too predictable and ordinary. 7/10

Well geese after what happened last plot with Bolin why did you still feel he'd turn evil? Only other way is if he got brain washed and that wouldn't be doing evil cuz he wants to or to help people like at the start so to me to me it'd feel not that exciting of an idea any more.

Glad they showed Bolin and Varrick escape, best of all they reunited. My favorite team Cheesy
Can't wait to see them work together more in other plots.

Korra fans man this must of sucked, I know most of you wanted her to win or at least get a decent fight in even if loosing so this must have been tough for you. Shey'll bounce back though I'm sure, sucks that her sister had to come in and save her again, I'm sure many are going to get annoyed by that.

Yes, Bj is going to get severally punished for what he did, hey'll regret joining her side. It will be like Eska / Bolin 2.0 towards the end, fun.

Over all, good episode.
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014 04:29 am by Boilinfangirl » Logged

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:29 am »

This episode made me want LOK to get a little Westros in it and end with Kuvira's head on a spike.

Other than that most of the episode was pretty straight forward. I am curious as to how they will resolve BJ and the rest of his family. I'm wondering if he won't be redeemed in the end.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
sokkaboomerang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:40 am »

whatever spirit tech they build now wont be perfect also zhu li has a plot twist up her mind , also varrick will ask for zlu li's forgiveness at the end
Prince Lu Ten
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Brave soldier boy Comes marching home

« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:42 am »

Well that was amazing  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

"Sometimes, life is like this dark tunnel. You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place."
- Iroh 2.20, "The Crossroads of Destiny"
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:44 am »

Lol guys... Do you lot actually know how I was reacting when Kuvira got knocked down and then her eyes started to glow? I thought that she had an avatar state of her own and I was like "WTF, HOLY COW, s**t, WOW"... Then I realised that it was a vision lol.

I liked the episode, I think I expected more from the fight though, it was too one sided in either direction, either Kuvira was completely dominating and as soon as Korra entered the avatar state she was dominating. Kuvira has a very unique fighting style I quite like it actually. I loved the way everyone said "enter the avatar state straight away" to Korra lol. They deffo need to give Kuvira a power boost to stop Korra in the avatar state though, I don't want another Ozai vs Aang fight to end the series (I was so disappointed by that fight).

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Stress
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:49 am »

Today Jinora needs only one assistant for a giant tornado. Our girl is growing up )))))

But it was a good episode )
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2014 04:54 am »

I'm pretty sure Kuvira's power up will be that bomb they are trying to recreate
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2014 05:01 am »

Did it look to anyone else like Korra was going to kill Kuvira with that giant rock when Kuvira was downed? At no point did Kuvira look like she was intending to kill Korra.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2014 05:06 am »

This episode should be titled Korra forgets how to fight. At this rate Meelo is more of a threat.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Nov 07, 2014 05:07 am »

Um, you saw Kuvira sharpen this metal spikes when Korra was disabled right ? Yes it was after Korra lifted the rock, but I highly doubt Kuvira was going to spare the avatar at all.
sokkaboomerang
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Nov 07, 2014 05:16 am »

bataars spirit tech vs varricks spirit tech at the end
korra vs kuvira final battle
korra gets trained by the trio , toph(phtsical training?) kataara and zuko(mental?) in the fire nation

lol
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #18 on: Nov 07, 2014 05:32 am »

Kuvira - went from a scrub who barely bothered the red lotus to taking the avatar (albeit she is probably the worst fighting avatar) Also like the fact she fought fairly.
Jinora she wasn't plot powered. Yay.
Suicidal Varrick (anyone notice how emotionless Zhu was after finding out he "died".

Meh?
Huan - he is ok... i guess.
Meelo - same.

Don't Like
Korra - she really has issues, don't like passive let's talk it out approach. Not to mention she lost every single fight this season.
No Tenzin
Bolin - dude is an idiot. He is like a socially and possibly mentally handicap Sokka with bad jokes.
Batar Jr - he really need an asskicking from his grandma to set him straight.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Stress
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Nov 07, 2014 05:45 am »

>>Jinora she wasn't plot powered. Yay.

Actually, they were... with Opal...
And then, why do you glad to see "plot-powered" Kuvira, who became more agile than Zaheer in his prime? )
Why are you not bothered with "plot-weakened" Korra? - or plot-powered Tenzin... ))

my point is that everything is plot-induced. The only reason to complain is when things get less interesting or completely illogical.
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Nov 07, 2014 05:58 am »

I hope we get a scene with reactions from Opal or Korra or Mako about Bolin's death.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Nov 07, 2014 05:58 am »

Bolin - dude is an idiot. He is like a socially and possibly mentally handicap Sokka with bad jokes.

Regardless of you like Bolin or not, that is rude and offensive for saying that.
MightyFire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:01 am »

I liked the episode, but meh, felt shorter than usual (of course, I do know it was ~20 minutes like every other episode), not sure why. The fight was ... so disappointing, but it is logical as they could not just make Korra defeat the main villain in the 6th episode of the book, since she should have been able to do that with the Avatar State. I really hope we'll get a very spectacular series ending battle with Korra showing her real power.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #23 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:02 am »

Insert Quote
>>Jinora she wasn't plot powered. Yay.

Actually, they were... with Opal...
No they just combined their airbending for an AOE attack to keep people back.

And then, why do you glad to see "plot-powered" Kuvira, who became more agile than Zaheer in his prime? )
Korra just sucks she has lost all her fights thus far. Toph was fighting her with her back turned.
Why are you not bothered with "plot-weakened" Korra? - or plot-powered Tenzin... ))
I am bothered with Korra i'm disgusted with her actually. As for Tenzin don't think that was ever the case with him.
my point is that everything is plot-induced. The only reason to complain is when things get less interesting or completely illogical.
Of course everything is plot-induced that's how stories work. But things are illogical and less interesting, Korra can't fight or do anything anymore.
Regardless of you like Bolin or not, that is rude and offensive for saying that.
Water is wet, a person who lies alot is a liar, and one whom does or acts idiotic all the time is an idiot. That is Bolin.

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Nov 07, 2014 06:10 am »

^Wow. I honestly hope you don't talk and treat people like that in real life.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: