Oct 15, 2019 05:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 42 (43.3%)
9 - 29 (29.9%)
8 - 15 (15.5%)
7 - 9 (9.3%)
6 - 1 (1%)
5 - 1 (1%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 97

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [405] Enemy at the Gates  (Read 55794 times)
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #75 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:33 am »

Yeah, I was also surprised that Kuvira was so blind to Zhu Li's ass kissing, it was clearly fake (if it wasn't then forget what I said lol). Kuvira is really intelligent aswell, so for her to not tell when someone is being insincere is weird, especially considering that Zhu Li was just escaping with Varrick and Bolin, no one changes their tune that quickly. I guess she was just blinded by her inflated ego Huh.

I love Kuvira anyways, by far my favourite character in the entire avatar universe. I didn't think anyone would top Azula for me but Kuvira is just awesome, I can't wait to see how good she is at fighting. They nailed the character on the head, the facial expressions, the voice (Zelda Williams does a great job), the look of the character, it all works so well... Edit: I just realised that I was fangirling LMAO Roll Eyes...

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #76 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:39 am »

It's nice to know that Su didn't trust Korra's diplomacy attempts at all and went to infiltrate the army.

And Korra just can't catch a break. Her new self would have done well in Book 1 and 2 and her OLD self would have done well in Books 3 and 4.

mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #77 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:39 am »

Lol, it was so obvious that Zhu Li was kissing up to Kuvira. Remember, Varrick is going to be under "supervision" while conducting his experiments. By kissing up to Kuvira, Zhu Li will be around Varrick. That was her plan all along.

The fact that Zhu Li always comes back to Varrick despite how he treats her reminds me of Joker and Harley, only on a lesser level.
Given Zhu Li's apparent show of loathing towards Varrick, do you think Kuvira will still let her hang around her old boss? Zhu Li has amassed quite a lot of skill be it administrative or combat wise the past few years so I won't be surprised if Kuvira assigns her to do something else other than assisting Varrick.

You're right, but I think the purpose behind Zhu Li kissing up to Kuvira was so she can stay around Varrick. Like in the same vicinity, so she can later plot their escape, because we know how useless Varrick is combat wise. If she were sent away to some "education camp", then she would have no way of helping Varrick.
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #78 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:40 am »

Don't be so harsh on Mir. Because we all remember the alternative...Pierrot.

That's basically what Kuvira is... A darker version of old Korra and also naive as all get out..

Only slightly darker. Naivete and old Korra also go hand-in-hand.

Two big mistakes she made this episode

1) "you could learn things from her" Because we all know Zhu Li actually wants to be with her lol

2) "you will stay and finish the experiment because we totally have control of spiritual energy" right because that huge hole in her train just appeared there

Varrick also said it was dangerous..

Don't. mess. with. the. spirits.

Kuvira's inability to comprehend the long-term consequences of her actions and her light-hearted, heavy-handed approach to the spiritual is also a painful reminder of old Korra. And like old Korra, it's going to come back around and bite her. Hard.

Another #KuviraBadDecision was threatening Varrick. Zhu Li took personal offense to that and it only solidified Bolin's hesitation into resolve.

From here on out and for the rest of Book 4, #Kuvira'sBadDecisions will be trending.

Yeah, I was also surprised that Kuvira was so blind to Zhu Li's ass kissing, it was clearly fake (if it wasn't then forget what I said lol). Kuvira is really intelligent aswell, so for her to not tell when someone is being insincere is weird, especially considering that Zhu Li was just escaping with Varrick and Bolin, no one changes their tune that quickly. I guess she was just blinded by her inflated ego Huh.

I love Kuvira anyways, by far my favourite character in the entire avatar universe. I didn't think anyone would top Azula for me but Kuvira is just awesome, I can't wait to see how good she is at fighting. They nailed the character on the head, the facial expressions, the voice (Zelda Williams does a great job), the look of the character, it all works so well... Edit: I just realised that I was fangirling LMAO Roll Eyes...

Kuvira is in my top 5 favorite characters in the entire franchise already. Which is incredible seeing as she has only one (as in .5 from Terror Within + .5 from After All These Years...) fight scene.

I still cry myself to sleep over the fact that we didn't get the long braid.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #79 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:42 am »

Su being the only one to not turn into a complete whimp infront of Kuvira.
Kuvira threatening Varrick
Zhu finally standing up for herself.
Flashbacks.

Meh?
The fight - seemed like those all godzilla movie fights.
Baatar Jr being whipped.
Asami and Hiroshi - just didn't care. At all.
Korra!

Don't Like
Meelo's dialogue seems way over the top and forced.
Bolin's inability to assess situations.
Varrick - he stopped being funny after season 2.
Su's plan

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #80 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:43 am »

What's wrong with the animation this episode? The clunky movements of a mechatank which is normal for robotic humanoid structures? I only noticed that they were... how to put it, had a CGI effect to them?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #81 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:45 am »

^^ You didn't like Korra in this episode, Nas?

I don't think Bataar Jr. is whipped. I think he's a very intelligent young man (I sound like a grandma lol) and he has backbone. In any other show, Bolin, Varrick and Zhu Li would've gotten away because Bataar Jr. would've been too or lazy stupid to investigate further.

I don't think old Korra would've done well in Book 3. Nor do I think she would be well off in Book 4.

Old Korra would be completely in-over-her-head...like an 3 year old Chinese girl would be in-over-her-head an American college level calculus class.

I promise you Nas, I was like the girl on the phone in the background of that gif. I was like "I'm so over Su-Yin Beifong...what else is on?"

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #82 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:46 am »

Suyin's really weird in her ways. Saying things before like "we can't just show up with an army and force people to do things."

And then to turn to Korra and say "Kuvira wont listen to us, crush her army."
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #83 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:48 am »

^ Four words.

Su is a hypocrite.

A reckless one at that.

Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #84 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:49 am »

Yah, I don't support or understand any of Su's actions at this point Tongue

Who to root for though? I don't like the idea of these camps she's working with, if she didn't have that

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Fate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvy made by caves.

« Reply #85 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:53 am »

I must applaud Kuvira for being such a well-written and realistic villain.  She could have walked out of a history book.

It's easy for an audience like us to look at a work of fiction and denounce the immoral / oppressive actions of its characters.  We have the luxury of such armchair moralizing because we are warm and safe at home, not out there in the messed-up world playing out on our screen.  I guarantee that if we all existed in this universe at this time, amid all its endless strife, half of us would be supporting Kuvira right now.  It's not a pleasant thought, but it's true all the same.  Movies, books, TV shows, and often history books like to point out to us who the villains are, but in real life, in real time, it's a lot harder to tell, and you just might be one of them.

(Bolin has) been with Kuvira longer than he has Korra at this point

Oh, wow, I never realized that.
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #86 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:57 am »

A lot of the big movers and shakers in history -- whether we learned about them in school or on our own -- were not sweet-tempered people.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #87 on: Oct 31, 2014 09:58 am »

Kuvira did go too far, but they haven't really made Su look that great in this entire ordeal. Her steadfast refusal to help Ba Sing Se as it burned to the ground? Seriously, what the hell? Her soldiers, son and citizens were right in that instance to defy and leave her. She had the technology and resources to help out, but they would look like "conquerors"? I didn't realize stopping criminals and then trying to re-build your nation by giving people the resources to do so would make you a "conqueror".

If they had more episodes I believe that Bolin probably would've stayed on Team Kuvira. Like others have posted he has been with her longer than he had been on Team Avatar.
Solitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shaped by fire and ice.

« Reply #88 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:00 am »

WHOA WHOA WHOAAA I just watched and what a great episode!

Can I just say how the conflict in Season 4 is by far the most complex one I've encountered in the whole Avatar franchise?

Finally, a short flashback to contextualize things more. Now we know that Kuvira wasn't just the captain of Zaofu's guard. She was indeed protege of Su. A masterful woman with loads of talent. That puts her in a more esteemed position as a villain. Bravo! I like it.

It was difficult for me to accept Suyin's decision to do nothing for the Earth Kingdom. Kuvira was right in episode 3 when she said that Suyin just wanted to hide and let others deal with the consequences. Since Suyin is so against acquiring power at that level, I feel that it would've been better to create a council to share decision making mechanisms for the Earth Kingdom. Kuvira did have the guts to take on the job and she nailed it. Too bad she went too far now.

BRAVO FOR ZHU LI! After 3 seasons of being under the shadow of Varrick, she finally got the spotlight! I never thought she would be a formidable fighter in a mecha tank! Super awesome. Best part of the episode, in my opinion. Like others have said, I am not sure if the betrayal was staged. Either way, I have a strong feeling that Varrick and Zhu Li will get back together in the end. To be honest, I did not expect to see the Bolin escape/Zhu Li mechatank scene until the next episode. I was expecting to see the Korra vs Kuvira fight, but oh well, no complaints!

Varrick? Whoa I would've never thought that the guy had the sense of right or wrong. Even he admitted it. Good thing some sense finally got into him. I wonder what the guards are going to do with him though?

Kuvira, giiiirl, you are crazyyy! But you are awesome.

Suyin and her sons are going a bit extreme. From the way I see it, I am not sure how they're going to settle this through a fight. I almost choked when Su bluntly told Korra "GIRL, GO INTO THE AVATAR STATE AND KILL THOSE B*TCH3ZZZ". Whoa, she means business!

FINALLY, some Asami character development! Argh, been waiting for this since Book 1! Well, it looks like there's gonna be some Kuvira army vs Sato Industries later on!

I can finally see the tense dynamic between Korra and Kuvira.

Again, these are just some of those things that make the central conflict of Book 4 soooo complex, at least from my perspective.

By the way, just to end, the metal plates on Kuvira's neck... Will it be a weakness later on as she fights? I mean any metal bender could just choke her with that just like what she did to Varrick!

Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #89 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:01 am »

I felt nothing for her. Didn't like or dislike, felt like she was trying put out a wildfire with a cup of water.
I don't think Bataar Jr. is whipped. I think he's a very intelligent young man (I sound like a grandma lol) and he has backbone. In any other show, Bolin, Varrick and Zhu Li would've gotten away because Bataar Jr. would've been too or lazy stupid to investigate further.
That's how whipped he is. Parents gave him eveything he finally gets some tail and he's following her orders verbatim. Talking down to his mom, willing to take his own home by force, and leaving his fam high and dry.
I don't think old Korra would've done well in Book 3. Nor do I think she would be well off in Book 4.
In book 3 & 4, yes. As the red lotus and Kuvira grew due to everyone ignoring the elephant in the room
Old Korra would be completely in-over-her-head...like an 3 year old Chinese girl would be in-over-her-head an American college level calculus class.
Wouldn't be surprised if that 3 years old was teaching that class. Kids are smart as hell these days.
I promise you Nas, I was like the girl on the phone in the background of that gif. I was like "I'm so over Su-Yin Beifong...what else is on?
I laughed when the world leaders sent someone as reckless as su to talk on their behalf. Always like lin more anyways Roll Eyes

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
TheGreenLotus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #90 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:02 am »

It's nice to know that Su didn't trust Korra's diplomacy attempts at all and went to infiltrate the army.

And Korra just can't catch a break. Her new self would have done well in Book 1 and 2 and her OLD self would have done well in Books 3 and 4.

I think now that you mention it, this is what Korra also need to find balance. Her old and new perosonality and then she'll be a greater Avatar than she is now.
DJSmallz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Handsome & Wealthy

« Reply #91 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:05 am »

Great episode, but like people have already said, it should probably have been a two-parter.

Korra trying diplomacy, Varrick being the comic relief Bolin never managed to be once more, Asami reuniting with her father and some great background and tense atmosphere to the whole conflict made it an overall enjoyable episode. We still need more information regarding Baatar Junior though.

There are, however, several things I didn't enjoy: Kuvira being depicted as crazy when she had the potential to be a morally grey character is just a waste.

Huh? She's being depicted in the same way that Amon, Unalaq and Zaheer have been. Their ideals and goals aren't the problem, it's their execution and taking it too far. Kuvira wants to do good and her ideology aligns with that, but the way she's executing it all isn't good. There's a lack of balance.

So, is anyone else wondering why Su "took in" Kuvira when she was 8? There's more background to Kuvira than we know right now, and there's a reason she's an orphan. Something tells me this picture is still important:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e14643cd1e2e144d537df0c8a07789ce/tumblr_n9f51gNs6y1rvud6oo1_500.png

I think that earlier in life, Su was close friends with Zaheer. Zaheer may have bounced off some anarchy ideas with her, but I think Zaheer could tell that Su wouldn't go that far with her ideology. I also think that P'Li and Zaheer may have had a child (and if Zaheer is descended from Earth Kingdom lineage, it's completely plausible), and that before going to abduct a 4 year old Korra, Zaheer left his daughter Kuvira in Su's hands. Once Zaheer was caught trying to capture the Avatar, I think Su made it a huge priority to reeducate and mentor Kuvira in Su's own ideology, in fear Kuvira may take up her parents' cause when she became older.

The results went horribly right, and Kuvira was heavily loyal to Su and her ideology. Kuvira is also aware of who her parents are, and this is the reason Kuvira took up the cause of uniting the Earth Kingdom. She felt that her family's legacy at this point was one of destruction and chaos, and she needed to regain her and her family's honor by uniting the Earth Kingdom once more. She's definitely gone off the rails in being power hungry now, but she still thinks what she's doing is overall good for the Earth Kingdom.

I think Korra will learn of this story personally from Zaheer, who I think she still needs to face (not in a fight). And Zaheer would know basically everything, since Zaheer would have been able to go to the Spirit World and keep in touch with Aiwei, who would have given him constant updates on his daughter. I believe this is where Zaheer is currently being held (notice the White Lotus sentries)

http://hdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/korra/022/0568.jpg

Ugh, I wish we could just dead this "Suyin knew Zaheer" theory, because it really makes no sense.
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2014 10:12 am by DJSmallz » Logged

Let's have a money shower tonight!
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #92 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:10 am »

Anyone feel Bolin's defection was a bit...expedient? He's been with Kuvira longer than he has Korra at this point, and yet he drops all that over a bit of Batmanning? A slow burn if they were working the defection angle would have been much more narratively impactful .As of now it seems like they're pushing Bolin's arc up for the sake of the (frankly obtuse) reeducation camp nonsense.
Something I've noticed about this series is that they have virtually no sense of a proper "slow burn."  We got two additional examples of this in this same episode.  The first, being Varrick's sudden having a "consciousness," the second being Asami's sharp heel-turn on her ability to forgive her father.  

With Varrick, it wasn't the most terrible instance of spontanious development, but it's still somewhat...distracting.  Afterall, the thing was meant to function as a battery; my guess is the guy was aiming for potential source of perpetual energy (reminds me of the fusion powerplants you eventually get to build in the Sim City 2000-4 games).  But perhaps have him try it a couple of times before declaring the project completely unsafe?  Sure, it created the Vaatu Beam of Doom, but for all we know, it just wasn't properly contained.  If we hadn't had the Asami/Hiroshi scenes, perhaps we could've had a montage of failures leading up to the beam, and then several instances of the beam (or just three) showing a consistant destructive pattern can convince him of the need to kebosh the project.  Then have the conversation with Kuvira, have him concerned at how unstable the spirit vines are for producing energy and show the giant hole in the train's rear, have Kuvira urge Varrick to continue to project, have Varrick put two-and-two-and-two together, realize she really wants a superweapon, keep the humor about his conciousness, and BAM!  Improved scene!  At least in my eyes...

As for Asami...really?  Before I continue, I don't hate the reconciliation, I'm glad it's happening.  I'm just saying it doesn't fit here.  At all.  I doubt Hiroshi's about to be released from prison, so this is mainly for Asami's sake and concience.  However, again, it doesn't fit here, I don't think.  It would've probably fit a bit better in the previous episode, after scrapping the gratuitous Meelo scenes, which would've been easy since Asami's parts in this episode only took up a couple minutes total.  

As for the situation...again.  Really?  I mean, I get it.  Seeing the kid play Pai Sho or whatever in the park with her dad made Asami reconsider, but...  Has she really never gone to the park before now?  Has she never seen families interacting with one-another?  I mean, she seems to have been able to keep her dad out of her mind all this time, even made jokes about his being a maniacal genius (might be paraphrasing), and how the genius she gained from him would enable her to "destroy" Bolin at the game.  Why is she only now waiting to break off ties from Hiroshi, let alone make amends?

I'm not upset that she's reaching an epiphany or anything, I'm annoyed that it's happening now.  There was very little setup for this heel-turn.  Apparently, Asami and Hiroshi used to play Pai Sho.  A lot.  If these events that are playing out now really had(or have) been planned out since they started writting season 3, especially with forgiveness being a theme for the final season, they could have easily provided some setup for now.  That Pai Sho game I mentioned earlier?  Why not use that to show the fact that Hiroshi still weighed heavy on Asami's mind?  Nothing dramatic or anything, not necessarily even a flashback or tears.  Just have her sort of pick up one of the pieces all tentative-like, perhaps have her go into a trance-like state staring at the thing.  I think those in the target demographic could connect the dots as to what was going on, her ruminating on the times when her dad didn't go nuts and try to kill her because she happened to like a bender, back when they were still a happy unit, supporting each other after their mom/wife had died and still loved each other.  Frankly, it just feels like something tacked on for the sake of appeasing us fans who dont' think she gets enough CD attention.

Though to be honest, I don't think we can blame this on much-else but the fact that the writers aren't the best at working with half-length seasons.

Although I do like how bloodthirsty Su Yin was in this, I noted that it was odd that a big deal wasn't made (from her perspective) about BLOWING A PERSON'S HEAD UP and it is nice to see that carried over. Su Yin was akin to the fans in this episode, wanting a big Bah Gawd Kuvirabowl while Korra (just like her counterpart Kuvira) tried peace. And then Su snuck in the dead of night with a hit squad to assassinate a woman she raised since she was 8.
I've always took Su to be very cut-throat when it came to threats towards those she cares about.  And yet for the better interest of her city (and it seems, only her city), she will drop anyone percieved as a traitor (Give Kuvira credit, at least she brainwashes people before deciding she has to kill them; as evidenced here, Su's strike first, ask questions never! lol)  She was rutheless to the proposed tratorous guard after the raid on Zaofu, she pretty much sent Korra after Aiwei like a retrieval hound so that she could enact justice her own self, and took the liberty of encasing a then-firing P'Li's head inside a breastplate of iron instead of using that same to knock the woman to the side, redirecting her shot.  I mean, Bolin showed a non-violent means of defeating the woman, why couldn't Su?

She's been shown not to be tolerant of betrayal.  Given Kuvira was Su's protege, I wouldn't be suprised if that's where she (Kuvira) gets the tendency from.  I mean, the whole purpose of forced labor camps and reeducation camps is to keep dissidents and potential defectors in line, especially those in valuable assets.  Who's to say Su wouldn't have done the same had she had accepted teh responsibility?

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #93 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:11 am »

This is officially 100% Su's fault.

Okay maybe not 100%, more like 80% Su, 10% Kuvira, 10% Raiko. Whatever it is, I feel it safe to say that Zao Fu is yet another failed state.

It was bad when Su's most trusted adviser was a Red Lotus member, but it wasn't unbelievable that Su didn't know. But when your entire military force defects with your son, surrogate daughter, and wealthiest citizens? Seriously? What are you even doing? How do you not see something like this coming?  Does anyone in your city (aside from family, and even then it's not a given) actually like you enough to not betray you at the first available opportunity? As bad as Hou Ting was as a leader, at least her people waited till she was dead before letting all hell break loose. How does Su manage to not have a handle on anything? How? Why? What is this I don't even?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that Kuvira is ultimately to blame, because she's the bad guy and the plot calls for her to do all the designated bad guy things. But I can't excuse Su for being so freaking incompetent that no one who isn't related to her wants to stand with her.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #94 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:11 am »

Well I think we all can agree if Zhu Li legitly on Kuvira's side, it is not because she believes in Kuvira or her cause, it is just pity reasons of wanting to get back at Varrick for not appreciating her. She is just mad at him, is that type of souldier you want? Than again, I think I just described Bahtar Jr. that might be his motivation just plan old bitterness and have a chip on his shoulder. And his anger has not faded at all.

^That is why Su is cleared from being Red Lotus. Too incompident to be part of them.
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2014 10:13 am by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #95 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:11 am »

Kuvira is in my top 5 favorite characters in the entire franchise already. Which is incredible seeing as she has only one (as in .5 from Terror Within + .5 from After All These Years...) fight scene.

I still cry myself to sleep over the fact that we didn't get the long braid.

I know dude, it just goes to show how good of a job they did with her. Also I share you pain bro, I miss the braid Sad.

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #96 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:11 am »

I think now that you mention it, this is what Korra also need to find balance. Her old and new perosonality and then she'll be a greater Avatar than she is now.

But she's nothing right now. She's an outsider looking in to the situation and a way to have shown her development well would have been to not only say for Kuvira to stand down, BUT to tell Kuvira that her job was to stabilize the place.
That Zaofu is already stable.
That there is no need for her to be here since Zaofu is stable and not in a chaotic mess like the rest of the place was/is.
This would show Korra taking in the situation to the fullest and give us reason to root for Korra other than the telling/not showing that they have done mostly for Kuvira.
Solitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shaped by fire and ice.

« Reply #97 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:19 am »

By the way, just to reiterate, I love Suyin but I can't emphasize it enough how I am disappointed with her actions that eventually weaved all these events. Not wanting to help even in the slightest way during the fall of the EK was a wrong move. Call it selfish, lazy, incompetent, whatever.

And the way she told Korra to simply "kill" the army was too much considering the context. Suyin, you were super awesome in Book 3, but this time, you're really difficult to comprehend. Sad

BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #98 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:23 am »

I felt nothing for her. Didn't like or dislike, felt like she was trying put out a wildfire with a cup of water.

Alas, that's diplomacy.

That's how whipped he is. Parents gave him eveything he finally gets some tail and he's following her orders verbatim. Talking down to his mom, willing to take his own home by force, and leaving his fam high and dry.[/quote]

But what if the tail is...oh wait, family friendly forum.

He's not following her orders. He's her partner. They come to a consensus, he does his own thing, she does hers and they come back together to repeat the cycle. At least, that's what I am seeing.

I have to admit his reasons for leaving home on a really bad note are pretty shallow but completely realistic and understandable. I totally am not down for his casually strong-armed disrespect of his parents.

In book 3 & 4, yes. As the red lotus and Kuvira grew due to everyone ignoring the elephant in the room

Yeah, but you need to be able to see what you're punching and understand why you're punching it. That way, you can punch it harder.

I promise you Nas, I was like the girl on the phone in the background of that gif. I was like "I'm so over Su-Yin Beifong...what else is on?
I laughed when the world leaders sent someone as reckless as su to talk on their behalf. Always like lin more anyways Roll Eyes

All of the Beifongs have got some serious issues. It almost seems to be genetic. It makes perfect narrative sense why we're going to have more Toph.

By the way, just to reiterate, I love Suyin but I can't emphasize it enough how I am disappointed with her actions that eventually weaved all these events. Not wanting to help even in the slightest way during the fall of the EK was a wrong move. Call it selfish, lazy, incompetent, whatever.

And the way she told Korra to simply "kill" the army was too much considering the context. Suyin, you were super awesome in Book 3, but this time, you're really difficult to comprehend. Sad

She was hard to understand in Book 3 too.

"Hey Lin, I know we haven't even so much set foot within 200 miles of each other in 30 years but I'm doing great. How are you? Don't you just love my perfect, unfathomably safe, immensely secure city of metal? God, the scar I gave you has really come to bring out your eyes. Let's have tea. Oh and by the way, here is another one of my honored house-guests Varrick. Sure he's a wanted man by your police force for 5 and a half felonies but hey...he brews the best tea. Hey, Korra, do you want to learn metalbending from me?!"

I mean, I understand that Lin was bitter as bitter can be but...what?!
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2014 10:25 am by BlackPanther1012 » Logged

Solitude
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shaped by fire and ice.

« Reply #99 on: Oct 31, 2014 10:32 am »

@BlackPanther, okay you got me. Tongue Suyin was a bit shady, but I really did like her towards the end. But now, she's like a hypocrite. Sad

By the way guys, I'm sorry I wasn't able to comprehend clearly, but what are those spirit vines really for? I know they were like a super weapon or something, but what? A nuclear bomb? Nuclear reactor?

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: