Dec 05, 2019 01:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 29 (28.2%)
9 - 33 (32%)
8 - 27 (26.2%)
7 - 9 (8.7%)
6 - 4 (3.9%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (1%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 103

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [403] The Coronation  (Read 45200 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« on: Oct 11, 2014 12:30 am »

Release date: 17 October 2014

Summary: Prince Wu's big day is ruined by Kuvira; Korra thinks she may have found the key to a full recovery.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2014 11:34 am by SMBH » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2014 02:15 am »

Thread unlocked as episode is available on Amazon.

Remember, do NOT talk about this ep in the main TLOK board until it is officially released on Nick.com

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2014 02:32 am »

Welp, Kuvira with Fascist parallels have become especially strong.

Awesome announcement, though.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2014 02:35 am »

Anything else interesting happen?

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Magicman710
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2014 02:42 am »

I found Toph's "Tophness" a little over the top... She could tone it down a little bit. But it could just be purposeful for a certain outcome.

She sure seems rougher on Korra than she was on twinkle toes....
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2014 02:44 am »

Anything else interesting happen?

In summary:
-Korra and Toph start training. Toph apparently is so in touch with the earth now she can see around the world. She's also still badass and has the humor she had when she was younger.
-Kuvira declares the Earth Kingdom nomore and declares the Earth Empire as the new thing.
-Korra's still carrying bits of metal from the poison. That might explain the hallucinations and why she's been having problems going into the Avatar state. Toph tries bending it out but Korra keeps reacting when she tries. Toph declares Korra doesn't seem to want it out (citing that Korra probably subconsciously doesn't want it out so she has an excuse to not go back to being the Avatar/getting hurt again) and says that Korra will have to decide when she's ready and to bend it out herself.
-Wu gets a wake up call between being exposed to protestors, having Kuvira completely undermine him, and Mako chewing him out. However, he seems like he's on the Emperor's New Groove route of character development.
-Varrick brings some spirit root with him. It looks like he's doing research into combining spirit powers with weapons.
-Tenzin sends Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo to find Korra.

WWII vibes rising.

EDIT:

My only disappointment with the ep was NOT hearing Fire Lord and Zuko talking, but the fact their around opens up the possibilities to when they do.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2014 02:47 am by Goodfella » Logged
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2014 02:57 am »

"It's no mistake. Desna sleeps in the tub."

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:05 am »

What is Varrick making? A nuke?
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:11 am »

^My guess is, it might be the equivalent to that? Or at least, something powerful enough to blast open Zaofu's walls. Kinda like Valkyria Chronicles and the "Mystic Flame" Valkyria could do that was that world's equivalent to a nuke.
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:17 am »

So Korra's still got some poison in there. Not surprised, but I'm glad they tied it to her emotional issues rather than have Toph just fix her right away.

Spirit vine tech? This can only be bad, yet should be so good to see.

"The Calling" should be good. And we have the game coming out on the 21st to have something to do (at least for some of the week).
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:18 am »

is toph unnecessarily mean? Not sure I would like that
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:23 am »

I just finished the episode. It's definitely setting up a lot of things. I felt it had some great development and progress. I am loving this political stance that's happening. I love political drama in animation, which is one of the reasons I loved watching Clone Wars.

Kuvira is bold to be that blunt to the world. I wish we got to see the meeting of the world leaders before they sent Su in. It is interesting that they asked her to go.

Baatar Jr. was a bit of a d*** to his mother and I hope he comes to his senses eventually.

I love that Toph's sight has increased in the swamp. If she can see everything, I guess she knows what's going on? At least it's nice to know that she's checking in on Lin, Su, and the kids. I also found it interesting that she said that she feels that her "girls never really picked up Metalbending all that well."

Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:27 am »

is toph unnecessarily mean? Not sure I would like that

She's mostly like her old self. So if you didn't have a problem with her attitude when she was younger as an old granny it isn't a big issue. She makes cracks at Korra but nothing that she wouldn't say and even her blunt sum-up of Korra's issues when she's unable to get the remaining liquid metal out of Korra fits for her character.
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:34 am »

Kuvira is the best damn thing ever, I don't believe how much I like the character and she has only been a full character for two episodes, she is deffo my fav lol.

This episode set up alot of things to happen. We know Kuvira is targeting Zaofu next and Varrick is making something (a weapon?) with the spirit vine, I have no idea what but whatever it is I don't think its good lol. I like Toph and Korra's part but I don't get why Toph didn't just bend it out, she should have just gotten the metal out of Korra's system, leaving it in her isn't helping her at all.

They need to release 2 episodes a week, I know that they won't but 1 episode does not cut it at all, its not enough for this type of show.

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:36 am »

This episode set up alot of things to happen. We know Kuvira is targeting Zaofu next and Varrick is making something (a weapon?) with the spirit vine, I have no idea what but whatever it is I don't think its good lol. I like Toph and Korra's part but I don't get why Toph didn't just bend it out, she should have just gotten the metal out of Korra's system, leaving it in her isn't helping her at all.
Toph can't just yank it out. Part of Korra doesn't want her to. She has to deal with her Dark Avatar self first, probably.
JDG1980
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:37 am »

I'm expecting that the "poison" left in Korra is metaphorical, just a symbol of her emotional state. I don't think there's any actual liquid metal left in there.
morbosfist
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:38 am »

I'm expecting that the "poison" left in Korra is metaphorical, just a symbol of her emotional state. I don't think there's any actual liquid metal left in there.
That wouldn't make much sense considering Toph outright says she can sense the metal.
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Oct 17, 2014 03:49 am »

meh, I saw the episode; not my favorite, but at least the ball is rolling.

I think my problem with toph is that she is exactly like her 12 year old self. Doesn't seem like she matured at all during the past 73 years. I mean, did she really treat her kids that way when they had troubles? Not that what she said was incorrect, but come on...have some empathy.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2014 04:18 am by Solariz » Logged
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Oct 17, 2014 05:14 am »

Is it me, or does Kuivira actually have a point i what she is saying. I do however whtink she took it too far when she threatened the other nations

Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Oct 17, 2014 05:34 am »

she has a point...I mean it could be argued that all the "baddies" in the series have had points, but she, like them, is going about it really aggressively and it's peeving off a lot of people.

Bolin is right; she and korra are similar, but like Mako's "are you kidding me?" face pointed out, Korra isn't the same as she used to be.
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2014 05:38 am »

She is right in that appointing a young, idiotic monarch is a disaster waiting to happen.

Gorrilian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2014 05:48 am »

meh, I saw the episode; not my favorite, but at least the ball is rolling.

I think my problem with toph is that she is exactly like her 12 year old self. Doesn't seem like she matured at all during the past 73 years. I mean, did she really treat her kids that way when they had troubles? Not that what she said was incorrect, but come on...have some empathy.

Toph did mature, at least as an adult. However, not giving a crap is just part of being old. Any hesitation to speak one's mind shrivels up and dies and seniority will make sure they always think they said the right thing. They're retired, so responsibility is someone else's problem and they are just too old for that crap.

Hail the Storm!
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Oct 17, 2014 05:54 am »

Toph was boss and the expressions in this episode were gold.

I think Toph sending Korra off at the end without help is her way of pushing home a point, just like she did in Bitter Work with Aang. She said maybe Korra doesn't want to be back to normal so she doesn't need to be the Avatar and get hurt again. If so, I think we'll see Korra mulling that over in the following episode -maybe confront the dark Avatar.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Oct 17, 2014 06:07 am »

Toph schooling Korra so casually with her arms behind her back was very funny. I noticed how she was effortlessly dodging all of Korra's air attacks. Being able to see the entire world and everything on it using seismic sense is pretty impressive. I wonder what the significance is of this new technology. Is Kuivira developing biomechanics weapons
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2014 06:10 am by AvatarReiko » Logged

Chinoiserie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Oct 17, 2014 06:30 am »

Toph seemed like herself, so people just get a little over the top when they get older. She has always been rather rude too, even in the flashbacks with Aang and her daughters. It was rather entertaining even tough in the end she was still there to offer some generic advice (in a slightly dire rent way but still) like the other old characters. But I still do not understand how she could fight against air attacks, she did not seem to fight agains fire here but the same about that. I know she is supposed to be great but she still can not see.

I think it will take the whole season for Korra get over her issues. People have been saying that Kuvira is not imitating villain enough but if Korra is weak until the wery end of the season when Kuvira is going to have her super weapon, Kuvira does not need to be the most powerful of villains.

Wu is becoming more likable by the second, I wonder what will happen to him. I do not see the monarchy being restored. Perhaps he will do something he is more passionate about or he will get a complete character arc and become a politician or something.

I am worried now that this is all we are going to see of the Firelord. She was put in the trailer so she should have something to do but I wonder.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: