Apr 27, 2017 02:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extended Comics Shipping Thread (quietly reading)  (Read 12861 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2016 04:19 pm »

I guess we wait for the Korra comics and if Izumi (or her daughter) uses knives or golden fans as her weapons then we'll have our answer. Smiley

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2016 04:33 pm »

Don't months at a time pass between the various comic storylines? Sokka and Suki probably take week-long vacations together before zooming on to their next plot point.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #27 on: Jan 18, 2016 05:17 pm »

Part of me is making me wonder if Suki does have a thing for Zuko. Some of their moments just seemed more than platonic. Especially for someone that was the guy that partially burned down her home village.

I'd love to see Zuko and Suki become a couple if only to see the Kyoshi Islanders' reactions when Suki brings the Fire Lord home to meet her family.

Suki: "Hey, remember that angry freak with a ponytail who invaded our peaceful island only to burn everything we know and love to ash? Well, he's my boyfriend now!

Zuko: "Hello. Zuko here."

Sig by Guitarfreak.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #28 on: Jan 18, 2016 06:09 pm »

Suki: "Hey, remember that angry freak with a ponytail who invaded our peaceful island only to burn everything we know and love to ash? Well, he's my boyfriend now!

In truth, Zuko did not go to Kyoshi Island to burn it into ash. He went there to catch the Avatar. And if not for a young girl/fisherman/fish merchant who couldn't keep her/his mouth shut, Zuko would have never got this idea in the first place.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #29 on: Jan 19, 2016 06:52 pm »

Not that the Kyoshians know that, exactly. Either way, the village did almost burn down, and was saved through Aang's efforts alone after Zuko had retreated, so I doubt his original intentions will matter much to them.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2016 02:18 pm »

Considering that the Kyoshians' instincts when seeing tourists on the beach is to feed them to the Unagi, I don't think they care what Zuko's reasons were for setting the village on fire, the Kyoshians just know they have to rebuild an Avatar Kyoshi statue they just finished remodeling.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2016 11:33 pm »

All this shipping insanity, Sokka and Suki drifting apart, the Maiko in term oil, and Zuko and Suki possibility hooking up, you know whose fault this is? Dam you Uncle Grandpa, how many ships are you going to sink until you are satisfied?

All kidding aside I am sure things will work out for Zuko and Mai, they are just too perfect for each other.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2016 12:38 am by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2016 04:48 pm »

All kidding aside I am sure things will work out for Zuko and Mai, they are just too perfect for each other.

"Don't you know that fans just make flames stronger?"

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2016 05:56 pm »

I'm really worried about how their clothes clash. Suki's going to need another shade of green if she's going to hang around Zuko's getup.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #34 on: Jan 22, 2016 06:12 pm »

I'm really worried about how their clothes clash. Suki's going to need another shade of green if she's going to hang around Zuko's getup.

She only needs to imitate Avatar Kyoshi's getup more. She used a lot more gold (fitting for the Fire Nation) and a milder shade of green.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #35 on: Jan 22, 2016 06:31 pm »

That might work, but I think she should also swap the dark green armor for black, at least.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #36 on: Jan 22, 2016 06:47 pm »

That might work, but I think she should also swap the dark green armor for black, at least.

The armor is actually dark grey, so it fits.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #37 on: Jan 22, 2016 07:43 pm »

I can't distinguish certain shades of grays, greens, and blues, so I'll be remembering that factoid for my writing.

But either way, I think it needs to be darker to match Zuko's propensity to wear his Emo on his robes.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2016 07:48 pm »

Forget his clothes, we need to talk about his hair! It has gotten out of control.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #39 on: Jan 22, 2016 11:23 pm »

What about Suki's Fire Nation outfit? She and Zuko will at least match on causal Fridays.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Jan 23, 2016 01:17 am »

I'm in the boat that Suki has been trying to seduce Zuko as early as The Promise.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #41 on: Jan 23, 2016 06:09 am »

Forget his clothes, we need to talk about his hair! It has gotten out of control.

Man, I hate how the comics forget that she has red(ish) hair. It is now generic brown that is a pretty big 'bleh'.

In fact, the hair is the thing that betrays the outcome of this silly shipping drama in the comics: M&B wouldn't have missed the chance to have a red-haired Fire Lord if Suki had been the mother, yet Izumi had standard black hair. Unless M&B themselves forgot that Suki had red hair  Tongue.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #42 on: Jan 23, 2016 05:01 pm »

I'm not sure the Mike and the Bryan care much either way. I doubt they approve the proofs before they go to the printer; their involvement probably stops at approving the pencils.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #43 on: Jan 23, 2016 06:46 pm »

I'm mot sure if I ever even considered Suki to have red hair. i've always just seen it as a lighter brown or something. I was always a little confused when I read some fanfics and some authors refer to her as a red head. Needless to say, I haven't noticed a difference in the comics. It was brown to me before and now it is still brown.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #44 on: Jan 27, 2016 12:10 am »

I imagine they want to keep the identity of Izumi's mother a mystery for as long as possible, so a big clue like Suki's red-ish/light-brown hair would be a dead giveaway. It would be like if Princess Yue was the mother and the Fire Lord had white hair with blue eyes. Hence Izumi taking strongly after her father.   
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2016 12:13 am by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Misty23
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2016 04:59 pm »

Clearly this Suki and Zuko ship is a one sided thing. Zuko is still very much interested in Mai.

The most that will come out of this is Zuko and Suki become very close friends. Maybe Sukka and Maiko will even go out on double dates or something.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #46 on: Feb 04, 2016 01:43 am »

Not that the Kyoshians know that, exactly. Either way, the village did almost burn down, and was saved through Aang's efforts alone after Zuko had retreated, so I doubt his original intentions will matter much to them.

Seeing as they accused an airbender and two Water tribe kids of being FN spies, I imagine Suki's decision to become Fire Lord Zuko's bodyguards and relocate the village's warriors didn't go over well with her fellow Kyoshi Islanders.

Heck, years later, after she married Zuko, became Fire Lady and had Izumi, Kyoshi Island probably think of Suki as an turncoat. Tongue 

Sig by Guitarfreak.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #47 on: Feb 04, 2016 07:33 am »

Seeing as they accused an airbender and two Water tribe kids of being FN spies, I imagine Suki's decision to become Fire Lord Zuko's bodyguards and relocate the village's warriors didn't go over well with her fellow Kyoshi Islanders.

Yet, a mere hour later or so, a real Fire Nation soldier (not even undercover!) visited Kyoshi Island and bought a fish from a merchant (as well as acquired the information of the avatar being on Kyoshi Island) without anyone raising an eyebrow.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #48 on: Feb 05, 2016 07:59 pm »

This guy is a soldier?

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #49 on: Feb 06, 2016 03:05 pm »

Yet, a mere hour later or so, a real Fire Nation soldier (not even undercover!) visited Kyoshi Island and bought a fish from a merchant (as well as acquired the information of the avatar being on Kyoshi Island) without anyone raising an eyebrow.

Well, Kyoshi Island logic is if Air Nomad and Water Tribe tourists must be spies, then obviously a Fire Nation soldier who arrived in a warship can be trusted. Its not like gossiping with a random firebender will lead to the Fire Prince invading the island or something crazy like that. Smiley

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: