Dec 16, 2017 03:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extended Comics Shipping Thread (quietly reading)  (Read 15578 times)
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #175 on: Jun 14, 2016 03:14 pm »

Admittedly, Suki didn't really make a fuss. She snarked at Zuko, but didn't seem terribly upset. I bet her village burned down twice a week, so it wasn't a big deal. It was just kind of jerky of Zuko to do it on purpose.

Right?  And the village wasn't even the target!  They were just an afterthought to getting the Avatar!

If you're going to burn down a girl's village, at least give it the attention it deserves!

Darn straight!  As it stands he only did it because of unrequited feelings for Aang:-).

Da Real OTP.  Cheesy

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #176 on: Jun 14, 2016 04:29 pm »

i agree. Burning down one village is just weak. Sozin was a hotman for Aang too. Now he did a proper job of showing Aang how much.

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #177 on: Jun 14, 2016 04:59 pm »

Admittedly, Suki didn't really make a fuss. She snarked at Zuko, but didn't seem terribly upset. I bet her village burned down twice a week, so it wasn't a big deal. It was just kind of jerky of Zuko to do it on purpose.

Right?  And the village wasn't even the target!  They were just an afterthought to getting the Avatar!

If you're going to burn down a girl's village, at least give it the attention it deserves!

Darn straight!  As it stands he only did it because of unrequited feelings for Aang:-).

Da Real OTP.  Cheesy

"Love is a form of energy, and it swirls all around us. It is still inside of your heart..."

"...and is reborn in the form of new love."

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #178 on: Jun 14, 2016 05:12 pm »

I wonder if Gyatso was in the know on the Rozin angst.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #179 on: Jun 14, 2016 11:42 pm »

I wonder if Gyatso was in the know on the Rozin angst.

He put the Toph in Tokka!

...I'm saying he was third wheel.  Cheesy

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #180 on: Jun 15, 2016 12:11 am »

It occurs to me that the Hundred Year War, a century that was filled with so much suffering and destruction that it permanently scarred the world, was really started because the Avatar and Fire Lord had a bitter break up. Tongue

Roku: "I have seen the colonies. Don't do this, Sozin. Don't challenge me. It will only end badly."

Sozin: "But we were on an break!"

Roku: "...Its over."

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Anidala101
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #181 on: Aug 15, 2016 12:29 pm »

I'm 100% certain that Izumi's mother is Mai because she looks almost exactly like her maternal grandmother Michi. Honestly, the fact that people are still guessing who Izumi's mother  might be is amusing since its STRONGLY hinted that Mai and Zuko still love each other and will get back together in the next comic series after North and South.  

Also, did anyone forget that Mai broke up with Kei Lo and is now single and available to rekindle her relationship with Zuko?  Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2016 12:48 pm by Anidala101 » Logged

Mai is Izumi's Mother
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #182 on: Aug 16, 2016 12:52 pm »

I'm 100% certain that Izumi's mother is Mai because she looks almost exactly like her maternal grandmother Michi. Honestly, the fact that people are still guessing who Izumi's mother  might be is amusing since its STRONGLY hinted that Mai and Zuko still love each other and will get back together in the next comic series after North and South. 

Also, did anyone forget that Mai broke up with Kei Lo and is now single and available to rekindle her relationship with Zuko?  Wink
But where's the fun in that? If Mai really is the mother, Bryan, Mike, or Gene would have just cut loose by now rather than beat a dead horse. But then again.....

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #183 on: Aug 16, 2016 02:08 pm »

If Mai really is the mother, Bryan, Mike, or Gene would have just cut loose by now rather than beat a dead horse.

Oh, how naive  Wink!

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Anidala101
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #184 on: Aug 16, 2016 03:34 pm »

Yeah I'm just going to leave this here as further evidence of Izumi being a Maiko baby.

http://avatarsymbolism.tumblr.com/post/120854722717/lavabendingfirelord-chin-and-side-eye-game-so

Mai is Izumi's Mother
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #185 on: Aug 16, 2016 05:44 pm »

If Mai really is the mother, Bryan, Mike, or Gene would have just cut loose by now rather than beat a dead horse.

Oh, how naive  Wink!

Don't forget, these are the same guys who teased the mystery of Zuko's mom for several years. Its pretty clear that Mike and Bryan love keeping everyone guessing. Smiley

Also, did anyone forget that Mai broke up with Kei Lo and is now single and available to rekindle her relationship with Zuko?  Wink

Or rekindling her relationship with Ty Lee. Cheesy She and Mai seem to have been getting closer since the war ended and Ozai's Angels were disbanded.

« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2016 05:54 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #186 on: Aug 16, 2016 07:08 pm »

Oh, how naive  Wink!

Don't forget, these are the same guys who teased the mystery of Zuko's mom for several years. Its pretty clear that Mike and Bryan love keeping everyone guessing. Smiley

Also, did anyone forget that Mai broke up with Kei Lo and is now single and available to rekindle her relationship with Zuko?  Wink

Or rekindling her relationship with Ty Lee. Cheesy She and Mai seem to have been getting closer since the war ended and Ozai's Angels were disbanded.

mai and ty lee would be awesome, then zuko could end up with someone else like suki.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #187 on: Aug 16, 2016 08:53 pm »

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/7/76/Ty_Lee_and_Mai_reunite.png/revision/latest?cb=20151008072859

How is it that Mai has living in the Capital, Ty Lee has been living in the palace outside Zuko's room, and they haven't seen each other since The Promise? Shouldn't they have been having weekly slumber parties where Ty Lee dishes on how Zuko cries himself to sleep every night? Why did they go so long without seeing each other? What came between them? Why did Mai really ditch Zuko as soon as the Kyoshi Warriors arrived?

What's really going on with these two?

Fieryfurnace
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Just passin' through

« Reply #188 on: Aug 16, 2016 09:35 pm »

Hah! Rekindle! I get it, because Fire Nation. Anyway, I'm all for her and Zuko getting together as long as it's done quickly or mostly off-panel. Romance stuff in Avatar, especially in the comics, is just blech. Although, if we do see them get back together it can't just happen straight away so... I'm honestly fine with it being left ambiguous.

You know, I never got this panel. Mai didn't seem to have any problem hugging Ty Lee when they met up in Return to Omashu, and again when they see those wads/bundles/bunches/clumps of Appa's fur. I mean, she's not enthusiastic and I doubt she likes it but Mai never openly spoke out against them or looked so uncomfortable. Mai's the kind of person to quietly tolerate the little things she doesn't like until it reaches a boiling point (as long as that thing isn't boring.) I don't know, just bothered me a bit.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/7/76/Ty_Lee_and_Mai_reunite.png/revision/latest?cb=20151008072859

How is it that Mai has living in the Capital, Ty Lee has been living in the palace outside Zuko's room, and they haven't seen each other since The Promise? Shouldn't they have been having weekly slumber parties where Ty Lee dishes on how Zuko cries himself to sleep every night? Why did they go so long without seeing each other? What came between them? Why did Mai really ditch Zuko as soon as the Kyoshi Warriors arrived?

What's really going on with these two?

Loopy, you can't question the Gene Logic. Clearly, Ty Lee was too busy being insecure about the fact that the Kyoshi Warriors wear an outfit to visit Mai. Mai can choose to wear her own clothes. Ty Lee was reminded of her lack of freedom every time they saw eachother and so retreated into the shadows of the palace, never to cross paths with her again until an arbitrary point in time. That's the theory I'm sticking with.  Tongue
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2016 09:39 pm by Fieryfurnace » Logged
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #189 on: Aug 17, 2016 06:34 am »

Shouldn't they have been having weekly slumber parties where Ty Lee dishes on how Zuko cries himself to sleep every night?

The waiting queue for those weekly slumber parties is longer than Azula's psych evaluation, and Suki is sharply against "special guests".

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #190 on: Aug 17, 2016 03:42 pm »

i think it would be lame if all the original couples stayed together into adulthood that's on of the reasons I ship Zuki.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #191 on: Aug 17, 2016 07:19 pm »

I think it would be lame if child warriors defeated armies and grown warlords.

That's why I hate stories.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #192 on: Aug 30, 2016 05:11 pm »

Ty Lee was too busy being insecure about the fact that the Kyoshi Warriors wear an outfit to visit Mai. Mai can choose to wear her own clothes. Ty Lee was reminded of her lack of freedom every time they saw eachother and so retreated into the shadows of the palace, never to cross paths with her again until an arbitrary point in time. That's the theory I'm sticking with.  Tongue

When Ty Lee looks at her own Kyoshi Warrior uniform and those of her sisters, she sees herself as only another face blending into the crowd, just apart of another matching set. But when she looks at Mai, its a different story. While normally stoic and reserved, when Mai wants to make her opinion known, she is clear, sharp and to the the point about it. And that is reflected in her gothic fashion style: its brooding, but bold. The Gloomy Girl's strong sense of identity and independent style are what both intimidates and attracts Ty Lee to Mai.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #193 on: Aug 30, 2016 06:36 pm »

So that's why Ty Lee wanted to leave the Kyoshi Warriors. She was afraid that Sempai wouldn't notice her. Grin

Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: