Aug 21, 2017 03:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extended Comics Shipping Thread (quietly reading)  (Read 14232 times)
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #150 on: Jun 05, 2016 03:06 pm »

Tom Tom is a dude.
TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #151 on: Jun 05, 2016 03:15 pm »

Tom Tom is a dude.
*wink wink* For now.

Strawberries, cherries, and an angel's kiss in spring. My summer wine is really made of all these things. Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time,
and I will give to you summer wine.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #152 on: Jun 05, 2016 03:23 pm »

How are we depressing though?

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #153 on: Jun 05, 2016 05:19 pm »

Because I don't want Maiko to end up endgame and all this proof that points to them ending as endgame is depressing. *Sigh*
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2016 05:29 pm by TheBeachandAzula » Logged

Strawberries, cherries, and an angel's kiss in spring. My summer wine is really made of all these things. Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time,
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #154 on: Jun 05, 2016 07:24 pm »

Because I don't want Maiko to end up endgame and all this proof that points to them becoming endgame is depressing. *Sigh*
There's no real concrete evidence from my perspective. Izumi looks enough like Zuko for the identity of her mother to be a mystery.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #155 on: Jun 06, 2016 12:33 pm »

I see some resemblance of Ursa in Izumi; expect for Izumi's glasses and and somewhat curly hair. So Izumi does seem to take after her dad's side of the family looks wise.
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2016 12:42 pm by colle » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #156 on: Jun 06, 2016 03:51 pm »

Anything is better at Maiko at this point. Jeez, I don't know if Gene made it intentional or not, but Maiko is just an awful ship floating on hormones and miscommunication. It reminds me so much of the mess that was Makorra. Like, why would I want a couple that don't understand each other, break up all the time with each other, and break other's hearts in the process as endgame?? Be mature and end your instable romantic relationship and your misery.

It helps to not consider the comics canon. Grin

It would be really unrealistic if all three canon couples got married and have kids so ideally with the couples would be Aang and katara(since they are canon married), zuko and suki, sokka and toph, and the rest can marry whoever they want

It's also unrealistic for a bunch of kids to save the world from an evil warlord.

So, please, explain to me what romantic realism adds to the Avatar story, and how it interacts with all the other parts. No one ever wants to tell me why fantasy martial arts are okay but someone marrying their first love is bad.

Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #157 on: Jun 06, 2016 07:07 pm »

It's also unrealistic for a bunch of kids to save the world from an evil warlord.
No it's realistic when those bunch of kids have special powers.

Sig by guitarfreak
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #158 on: Jun 06, 2016 07:07 pm »

I concur with that point. "Realism" isn't the point, it's whether being realistic adds to the story, and depending on how one answers that question, that should tell you all you need to know concerning the direction the comics, and the franchise, has taken.
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #159 on: Jun 06, 2016 11:34 pm »

either soap opera or sitcom. I'm not sure...

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #160 on: Jun 07, 2016 04:56 pm »

No it's realistic when those bunch of kids have special powers.

Just like how a handful of child soldiers can end a war faster than a platoon of marines? Tongue

either soap opera or sitcom. I'm not sure...

Eh, a little of column A, a little of column B.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #161 on: Jun 07, 2016 06:53 pm »

Get back on topic.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Kota
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I want a site where everyone doesn't hate Korra.

« Reply #162 on: Jun 08, 2016 09:40 am »

Nuts and bolts

-- As such, we would regret it if the tone of the forum became overly negative, especially since this might give new members a wrong idea about the site. --This happened to me, way too much hate for Korra pretty much all the time. "Oh I loved ATLA but LOK is garbage" on every thread. Thanks.
Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #163 on: Jun 08, 2016 09:46 am »

Zuko has way more chemistry with suki than he does with mai
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #164 on: Jun 08, 2016 05:22 pm »

If you like that sort of thing.

I love Maiko for being a complete chemistry-vacuum. Thankfully, the comics haven't changed that yet.

TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #165 on: Jun 08, 2016 08:08 pm »

Meh. Mai and Zuko have history, Suki and Zuko do not.

Cybersun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #166 on: Jun 11, 2016 12:45 pm »

you can build history but you can't build chemistry, you either have it or you don't
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #167 on: Jun 12, 2016 01:18 pm »

Of course they have history. What about the time Zuko set fire to Suki's home and attacked her fellow warriors? Or how about the time Zuko and Suki went to prison together? The time they watched the Ember Island Players butcher the arts? All those times Suki has protected the Fire Lord from assassins and terrorists?

See? Plenty of foundation to build a loving, lasting relationship on. Smiley

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #168 on: Jun 12, 2016 11:47 pm »

Because everytime i like a girl i set her house on fire and try to kill her friends. She makes a fuss but i know she's just playing hard to get. She wants me.

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #169 on: Jun 13, 2016 11:01 am »

You gotta give it to them: Zuko only tried to kill Suki after she had tried to kill him first. If that's not a good start for mutual affection then I don't know what is  Cheesy.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #170 on: Jun 13, 2016 05:46 pm »

Admittedly, Suki didn't really make a fuss. She snarked at Zuko, but didn't seem terribly upset. I bet her village burned down twice a week, so it wasn't a big deal. It was just kind of jerky of Zuko to do it on purpose.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #171 on: Jun 14, 2016 10:04 am »

Admittedly, Suki didn't really make a fuss. She snarked at Zuko, but didn't seem terribly upset. I bet her village burned down twice a week, so it wasn't a big deal. It was just kind of jerky of Zuko to do it on purpose.

Right?  And the village wasn't even the target!  They were just an afterthought to getting the Avatar!

If you're going to burn down a girl's village, at least give it the attention it deserves!

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #172 on: Jun 14, 2016 12:51 pm »

A little late... But besides Zuko's family. Mai is the only one with black hair.

Sig by guitarfreak
TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #173 on: Jun 14, 2016 02:05 pm »

A little late... But besides Zuko's family. Mai is the only one with black hair.
Izumi's hair is grey. We don't know what color it was before that.

Antiyonder
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #174 on: Jun 14, 2016 03:11 pm »

Right?  And the village wasn't even the target!  They were just an afterthought to getting the Avatar!

If you're going to burn down a girl's village, at least give it the attention it deserves!

Darn straight!  As it stands he only did it because of unrequited feelings for Aang:-).
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: