Nov 24, 2017 07:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extended Comics Shipping Thread (quietly reading)  (Read 15307 times)
Misty23
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Oct 04, 2014 06:49 pm »

I have a strong feeling they do get back together but I just wonder how it happened. Zuko seemed to have so many issues and Mai didn't really know how to help him. I dont imagine they have a smooth sailing relationship once reunited but I dunno. Do you guys think Zuko ever learns to open up to her? Maybe hes a bit more together as firelord once he meets his mother.
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2014 08:21 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged
zukotea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i love zuko more than i fear you

« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2014 07:25 pm »

I have a strong feeling they do as well, but if they didn't it will be a surprise for us! I always thought that as well. After all Zuko has been through I think he needs someone to shower him with love and support. Someone to show him new things and to open up his heart more and more. (Someone like Iroh, but you know a girlfriend Cheesy) I thought Mai was too similar to him, even though I find Maiko adorable. I just think after all he has been through he needs someone who makes him really happy. Mai could do that I just think Zuko also needs to communicate better.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2014 07:27 pm by zukotea » Logged

♡iKEEP:Zuko's take off shirt scene in 305, Sokka's Love for Shopping, Katara's Hope, Aang & Zuko's Hug, General Iroh's Voice and Zuko's dragon
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2014 08:22 am »

Thread renamed to the comics shipping thread. Feel free to discuss the shippyness of all your comic couples here.

This is also an admin's note. Do not reply to this publicly.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2014 04:54 pm »

No matter if Zuko and Mai do get back together(which I would hope as long as both have grown as a person), I do hope Zuko will have the chance(and take it) to apologize Mai. Not to win her back but because it would be the honorable thing to do. I do have a feeling Zuko will have that chance because I think it is a matter of time before they see each other again. Hopefully, I like to think Zuko has grown and learned his lesson on how to treat and not treat the person he loves; after the events of the Search and learning more about his parents relationship.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2014 04:27 pm »

So, since this is now the wider shipping thread, let's really get a discussion going...

Should Zuko have a fling with Ty Lee while he has the chance? Be ready to show your math.

Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2014 10:08 pm »

I'm of the personal opinion that Zuko needs to take himself on a date before he can get serious with anyone else. Take himself to dinner, a good play (I hear the Ember Island Players are on tour!), and home before midnight.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2014 07:49 am »

"We kindly ask for all these assassins to stop trying to stab Lord Zuko during the play, thank you."

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2014 12:35 pm »

So, since this is now the wider shipping thread, let's really get a discussion going...

Should Zuko have a fling with Ty Lee Suki while he has the chance? Be ready to show your math.

Fixed. And yes.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2014 05:39 pm »

Should Mai have a fling with Ty Lee while she has the chance? Be ready to show your math.

Fixed that little typo. Wink

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2014 06:44 pm »

Now there's an idea for a comic. Ty Lee is trying to sneak Mai into her room in the palace, and the two get into slapstick antics trying to avoid being caught by Zuko, Suki, Mai's Evil Father who's launching an invasion of the palace that night, and the incompetent palace security who keep trying to serve everything tea.

Bonus points if Mai is disguised with a mustache the whole time.

This has Free Comic Book Day written all over it.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2014 12:34 pm »

Everyone should have a fling with Ty Lee.

But yeah, I do hope that Mai and Zuko get back together, and I feel that Mai and Zuko's breakup in "The Promise" was always intended to end with them getting back together at some point.  I'm not a Zuki/Suko (whatever the portmanteau is) shipper.
Misty23
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2014 01:32 pm »

The idea of Suki and Zuko is ridiculous and will clearly never happen.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2014 01:36 pm »

If Mako and Wu have taught us anything, its that relationships between kings and their bodyguards are commonplace in the Avatar World.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2014 03:17 pm »

I imagine the assassin waltzing here and stabbing Zuko in the back while he's busy kissing Suki.
Then Batman kick him in the groin.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #14 on: Oct 12, 2014 02:38 pm »

If Mako and Wu have taught us anything, its that relationships between kings and their bodyguards are commonplace in the Avatar World.

Another good argument in favor of Zuko kissing Ty Lee.

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2016 12:06 am »

Part of me is making me wonder if Suki does have a thing for Zuko. Some of their moments just seemed more than platonic. Especially for someone that was the guy that partially burned down her home village. Then there's the fact that her interactions with Sokka shrank from comic to comic.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Kairok
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2016 04:06 am »

^ I don't know. I'm still upset over how ridiculously forced Zuko and Mai's breakup was. So Mai loves Zuko enough to risk the wrath of Azula, but breaks up with him over a little offense? Ridiculous!
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2016 10:06 am »

^ I don't know. I'm still upset over how ridiculously forced Zuko and Mai's breakup was. So Mai loves Zuko enough to risk the wrath of Azula, but breaks up with him over a little offense? Ridiculous!
Agreed. This is why Bryke should have just revealed Izumi's mother ASAP. Now Gene gets to dance around it for as long as he pleases.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2016 10:20 am »

Part of me is making me wonder if Suki does have a thing for Zuko. Some of their moments just seemed more than platonic.

Their talk at the balcony in the last comic looks eerily similar to Suki's talk to Sokka in the Serpent's Pass.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2016 06:44 pm »

Break up with him over completely walling her off from his life, hiding every single thing he's doing, and generally treating her like a toy who he can order to come back to him?

If you can consider that a little offense, then- and I don't mean this in an insulting way- I don't think I want to date you. We're not going to be compatible. Tongue

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2016 09:39 am »

Part of me is making me wonder if Suki does have a thing for Zuko. Some of their moments just seemed more than platonic.

Their talk at the balcony in the last comic looks eerily similar to Suki's talk to Sokka in the Serpent's Pass.
I rest my case, but I feel they'll have Zuko and Mai back together just to breakup in another comic.  Undecided

On Sokka's and Suki's interactions with each other, first they get into "oogie" kisses in The Promise, followed by a simple hug in The Search, and finally no interaction at all in Smoke and Shadow part one. I'm hoping we do get to see those "bits of Zuko's" future being hinted at some point.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2016 12:00 am »

On Sokka's and Suki's interactions with each other, first they get into "oogie" kisses in The Promise, followed by a simple hug in The Search, and finally no interaction at all in Smoke and Shadow part one.

Suki has relocated to Caldera City to be Zuko's bodyguard for over a year and it seems Sokka's time will now be split between helping Aang as the Avatar and rebuilding the Southern Water Tribe with Katara, until he eventually moves to Republic City's suburbs of course.  Sokka and Suki are basically in a long-distance relationship now, it seems strange that neither one has shown any issue with how little they get to see each these days. Maybe their interactions becoming few and far between is hinting that the couple is slowly growing apart?
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016 12:09 am by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2016 12:02 am »

They were still pretty lovey dovey in the Shells FCBD comic though.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2016 12:06 am »

^ That's true, but there's also Suki and Zuko having heartfelt talks on a balcony a few issues later. Smiley

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 2016 01:30 am »

They were still pretty lovey dovey in the Shells FCBD comic though.
I wonder when that takes place. It seems it'd be sometime after The Promise.

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: