Apr 21, 2019 02:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coming of Age to be a bender?  (Read 2547 times)
Silverviper2134
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Oct 26, 2015 01:00 pm »

I don't think it's ever been said what age a person is supposed to start bending by, if they are a bender, though most fans, from what I've seen, tend to have it be that most people start bending around the age of three. But since that's an average, I'd assume that it is possible to start bending earlier or later.

I also kind of take into account Ikki's comment about "late-bloomers" with bending, and how it did seem to be a somewhat logical thing. So maybe most kids start bending by a certain age, but a few take a little longer.
Polaris
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I've waited 13 years...

« Reply #26 on: Oct 26, 2015 04:06 pm »

I don't think theres a set age to start bending, to me it's just something you discover whenever you are in the situation to find out. A person could probably go there entire life without knowing they're  a bender or even trying, but one temper tantrum and you start working up a tornado in your house. Anger always affected bending.

Or life threatening scenario. Explosion goes off right before your eyes, you quickly cover your face to protect it and you realize the flames are going around you.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2015 07:18 pm by Polaris » Logged

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Oct 26, 2015 04:35 pm »

Apparently it can be found out at a very young age since Ozai wanted to get rid of Zuko when he hadn't shown signs of being a firebender when he was still a baby.
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #28 on: Oct 26, 2015 05:30 pm »

My headcanon is around two or three at most precocious, especially if the parents try and show them how to bend, etc. Toddler running around and being rambunctious, plus not knowing they have a "superpower" isn't a good mix. Especially if they start imitating mom or dad doing the cool stuff, making all the funny poses as part of play = wrecking the house/igloo way worse than any nonbender tot could the first time they "get it right" and bend.

By the age of four Korra did fire and earth without ever seeing either one bent, so I can easily see a mimicking toddler bending after watching their mom or dad do it, or accidentally bend for the first time Katara shattering iceberg style during a temper tantrum.

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: