May 26, 2017 04:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 56 (45.5%)
9 - 30 (24.4%)
8 - 26 (21.1%)
7 - 7 (5.7%)
6 - 4 (3.3%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 123

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [401] After All These Years  (Read 56368 times)
insertname
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:28 am »

This was definitely an amazing episode. Right now, I can't really think of anything I disliked (Well, I think Asami looks a bit weird with her new style, but that's just personal preference Tongue)

I'm really liking Kuvira so far (as in she'll be a great villain). Intimidating, self-assured and you can definitely see where she's coming from but also how much of a villain she already is. I'm also pretty sure she has bandits under her control to attack those states not yet under her control.

I'm kind of confused as to how they're treating the Kuvira issue in RC though. We've seen that Ba Sing Se is already under control, along with most of the EK. Are they fine with that? They talk about Wu returning to Ba Sing Se, but the only issue seems to be that Bandits might be around, not that it has sworn loyalty to someone else. I guess Kuvira says she is loyal to the King, but still I think it's weird that they would let states swear loyalty to her instead of the Earth King.
I assume Wu doesn't care about it, and there doesn't seem to be a good, mature advisor for him. I also don't dislike Wu as much as I thought I would - He's a jackass, but you can see that's mostly just because he's living in his bubble that no one has popped yet. Once that happens, I think he might actually be quite decent.

Bolin and Opal - I'm happy they're still together, even if their relationship is in a difficult position right now. I can understand Bolin sticking with Kuvira, she hasn't done anything villainous yet, and he probably gets most of his information from her, so his view will be biased. But I hope he won't stick with her for long once Kuvira shows her true side. Bolin has spent so much time in the last books not knowing where he fit in, what he was supposed to do - I hope they won't drag that out over this book too. And I just can't picture Bolin, who always had his heart at the right place, working against Team Avatar.

And Korra...wow. We didn't see much of her, but those last few seconds when she was leaving said so much. I'm kind of surprised she stayed two and a half years at the SWT - She clearly is far from healed. I guess she put up a facade trying to convince everyone she was okay?

And the way she handled those bandits... Was that pieces from her own armor?

I really couldn't tell...

I was wondering about that too...first I thought it was from her armour, but I couldn't see any pieces missing (though she moved too fast for me to be able to be sure) and she had a lot those metal bands (no pun intended), they couldn't all come from her armour...Maybe the train has them stacked up on the outside for the metal benders to use as ammo?

Is it just me or did that airplane the bandit was piloting look a lot like one of Hiroshi's.

The airships from the trailer also look a lot like the Equalists ones... I don't really see how Hiroshi would be working with Kuvira though...
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 07:39 am by insertname » Logged
Saturius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:32 am »

Tonraq sure aged a lot in 3 years.  I'm loving Kuvira though. So silently creepy and dangerous.  And that fight scene she had?! Crazy. Totally badass.

Episode needed more Korra though.  But the episode did a great job of setting up the new status quo.
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:33 am »

I am now very interested in Bataar Jr's plotline since he is engaged to Kuvira. I feel that by the end of the series The Beifong family may not be a whole.
I also see that Bolin is going to have to make a big decision.

Is it just me or did that airplane the bandit was piloting look a lot like one of Hiroshi's.

Bolin is obviously unaware of these methods because we know he wouldn't approve it.  Batarr jr either doesn't know or he aware and is in denial about Kuvira's actions because he loves her and believes that they are helping the Earth Kingdom. Varrick knows because he does these sort of things but I would like to see him defect if he comes across something that is above his standards (hurting young children, hurting Bolin or Zhu Li etc) because  as funny and morally grey as he is, it would nice show that he does have a humane side.
Unaware of what? Kuvira didn't threaten anyone she was being realistic about what would happen, and, hey, people change, 3 years seems like long enough for Kuvira's influence to take root especially in Bataar who by the sounds of it aided Kuvira in the removal of Suyin as the matriarch (at least I am interpreting it as that).

Sure my hopes of Bolin turning bad (as in believing he is doing what is right for the Earth Kingdom) are probably just wishful thinking but Bataar Jr seems like he is with Kuvira regardless.
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #28 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:37 am »

I really did not think we would see so much of Kuvira in this episode. Now I want to know why and how she became the "Great Uniter".

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
insertname
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:42 am »

I am now very interested in Bataar Jr's plotline since he is engaged to Kuvira. I feel that by the end of the series The Beifong family may not be a whole.

Bolin is obviously unaware of these methods because we know he wouldn't approve it.  Batarr jr either doesn't know or he aware and is in denial about Kuvira's actions because he loves her and believes that they are helping the Earth Kingdom. Varrick knows because he does these sort of things but I would like to see him defect if he comes across something that is above his standards (hurting young children, hurting Bolin or Zhu Li etc) because  as funny and morally grey as he is, it would nice show that he does have a humane side.
Unaware of what? Kuvira didn't threaten anyone she was being realistic about what would happen, and, hey, people change, 3 years seems like long enough for Kuvira's influence to take root especially in Bataar who by the sounds of it aided Kuvira in the removal of Suyin as the matriarch (at least I am interpreting it as that).

Sure my hopes of Bolin turning bad (as in believing he is doing what is right for the Earth Kingdom) are probably just wishful thinking but Bataar Jr seems like he is with Kuvira regardless.

I agree that Kuvira has influence over Bolin, but that's part of him being unaware. She feeds him his information. Did you notice how he echoed Kuvira saying that they're "not wanted here", when that really meant that Kuvira doesn't help to actually help people, but to get them to obey to her. Requiring someone to submit to you before you help them is quite villainous already
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 07:49 am by insertname » Logged
Viteh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:45 am »

Bolin is obviously unaware of these methods because we know he wouldn't approve it.  Batarr jr either doesn't know or he aware and is in denial about Kuvira's actions because he loves her and believes that they are helping the Earth Kingdom. Varrick knows because he does these sort of things but I would like to see him defect if he comes across something that is above his standards (hurting young children, hurting Bolin or Zhu Li etc) because  as funny and morally grey as he is, it would nice show that he does have a humane side.

She did threaten the bandits though.

Btw the episode is up on nick.com
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:48 am »

^^^When I mean 'Unaware' I mean that there could more things Kuvira is keeping silent about. This is the first episode after all. She could be hiring thugs (the one with airship because it was too coincidental) in order to gain the villages trust. She could be planning to take over RC because she may start to think that they can't survive without her. She's is basically using fear and deceit in order to achieve peace. It may be effective but is it morally right? I think Bolin of all people wouldn't like that because he is someone who helps you because he's a nice guy, not because he wants control over the situation. That's why he's likely going to leave if he sees more of Kuvira's true colours.
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:53 am »

All of this- the MC expansion, the mass transit cutting through the EK, Asami thriving as the Futurd Industries CEO, Korra losing in that cage match, Kuvira's passive-aggressive bullying of the Earth Kingdom states, Kuvira's VOICE, Kai's voice - it is all too much!

OMG I AM SO EXCITED!
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 07:55 am by The_Xov » Logged

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:14 am »

I'm not sure if I really disapprove of Kuvira yet. The Earth Kingdom has been a fractured state for far too long and it looks like it breaking off into several smaller countries won't work, because we see that by themselves they are weak.
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:15 am »

I agree that Kuvira has influence over Bolin, but that's part of him being unaware. She feeds him his information. Did you notice how he echoed Kuvira saying that they're "not wanted here", when that really meant that Kuvira doesn't help to actually help people, but to get them to obey to her. Requiring someone to submit to you before you help them is quite villainous already

^^^When I mean 'Unaware' I mean that there could more things Kuvira is keeping silent about. This is the first episode after all. She could be hiring thugs (the one with airship because it was too coincidental) in order to gain the villages trust. She could be planning to take over RC because she may start to think that they can't survive without her. She's is basically using fear and deceit in order to achieve peace. It may be effective but is it morally right? I think Bolin of all people wouldn't like that because he is someone who helps you because he's a nice guy, not because he wants control over the situation. That's why he's likely going to leave if he sees more of Kuvira's true colours.

But that is what I mean when I talk about Bolin going bad, sure he would never turn evil, but when introduced to a certain ideology it may convince Bolin that what he is doing is for the good of everyone even if his loved ones are vehemently opposed to it. As I said I doubt it in Bolin's case but it would make for some very interesting situations it were to occur. What has been shown thus far has indicated to me that Kuvira may be aiming for a fascistic nation. Remember, Hitler was democratically elected in and was charismatic enough to turn a great deal of Germany to his cause, everyone thought he was going to bring Germany out of the depression and into a time of prosperity and it was those nations on the outside looking in who saw just what his ultimate goals were and how he was willing to achieve them.

She did threaten the bandits though.

Threatening criminals is different to threatening law abiding citizens.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:23 am »

Are the White Lotus like the laziest or worst world police there are? What exactly is their function after coming out of the shadows? The Earth Kingdom is in shambles, roving bandits everywhere and a possible rising dictator. The only ones to counter it are maybe a few dozen Airbenders at best? This is what they should be doing.
Iyineda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:30 am »

Just watched the episode and  I can easily say that I love Kuvira already. She is going into my signature. HAIL KUVIRA! Y'all better pledge your allegiance to her lol  Cheesy.

I think I am a waaay ahead of you on that. Tongue
Kuvira is already my favourite character in book 4 (being an earthbender always gives you a head-start in my eyes).
I like that Bolin seems slightly more mature. Didn't fancy him being too much of a comic relief charcacter in season 2 especially.
Opal will come around. Once you go Bolin, you don't go missin'. Grin

Cannot wait for eppie 2!!

- All about earthbending awesomeness and Toph's legacy -
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #37 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:34 am »

Thread moved to the Episodes board. This episode is no longer a spoiler.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:35 am »

Are the White Lotus like the laziest or worst world police there are? What exactly is their function after coming out of the shadows? The Earth Kingdom is in shambles, roving bandits everywhere and a possible rising dictator. The only ones to counter it are maybe a few dozen Airbenders at best? This is what they should be doing.

Maybe they're putting all their efforts in guarding Zaheer and tracking down hidden Red Lotus members.

This is probably just me but Bataar jr looks like Sokka with glasses. I know we have been asking ourselves whether or not Sokka had kids so I think I may had the answer.

What is Bataar Sr. is Sokka and Suki's son? He has dark skin like most Water Tribe and Earth Kingdom citizens, he's an architect (Sokka has always been creative), and like I said, Bataar looks like Sokka with glasses. It would be a way to tease Tokka by having their kids marry each other. Of course the problem with that theory is that Su would've mentioned that earlier followed by the fact that she would've known him since childhood.

oh well. One can dream.
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:45 am »

@ The-Blue-Dragon-Lord & insertmyname

Its from her back, if you look at all the metal bender outfits you can see that she is the only one who has a stack/row of silver plates on her back. When she took the plates off their eyes you can see they go onto her back, I can't find a picture to show you what I mean but if you re-watch the episode you will see what I am talking about.

Kuvira is fantastic, she is already one of my favourite characters in the whole series and this is just the first episode that she is in as a main character. I really hope that they keep this up with her. I still don't think we have seen enough of her fighting yet to decide how strong she is but she took out a group of earth benders all by herself but if they were metal benders she wouldn't have been able to restrain them as well as she did. I hope that she has some kind of power-up, if she is the final villain I want her to be super-powered lol.
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 08:51 am by Robotman » Logged

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Breakfast at Tophs
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

love is watching someone die

« Reply #40 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:50 am »

Tonraq sure aged a lot in 3 years. 
Worrying about you kids can do that for you. Even with the life threatening stuff that happened to Korra, there was never any long lasting damage, but her years of recovery were a harsh reminder to Korra's family, not to mention the reminder to Korra herself.

Sig and Avie by the very lovely Georgie
Proud keeper of Narook\'s seaweed noodlery
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:54 am »

There is that and the fact that he is now a leader of a nation.
osensei
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Oct 03, 2014 08:59 am »

It's nice, that being together with Korra so early... But I got a lot of things confusing my mind. Since we didn't see the scenes in "Book 4 Clip" in the first episode (Team Avatar sending Korra back to South Pole), and the trailer also had many scenes with long-haired Korra... I assume those scenes will be given us with flashback episodes or whatever... The first episode was a really cool start for Book 4, but we were like diving into the 3 years of stuff...
Loops MK
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Oct 03, 2014 09:00 am »

Kuvira is cool
I liked the episode a lot
Raiko continues to be a politikin politician. Hope he gets deposed soon
Wu isn't so bad he's just quirky
Mako is just a slave of the system now
Bolin has changed.....I guess
Tenzin is already screwing up only sending Kai and Opal to protect an entire city.

This city....
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Oct 03, 2014 09:01 am »

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention, what the hell has happened to Korra's bending? She got her butt handed to her by some random at the end the episode, where the hell have her fighting skills gone?  Huh Embarrassed.

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Oct 03, 2014 09:03 am »

What is Bataar Sr. is Sokka and Suki's son? He has dark skin like most Water Tribe and Earth Kingdom citizens, he's an architect (Sokka has always been creative), and like I said, Bataar looks like Sokka with glasses. It would be a way to tease Tokka by having their kids marry each other. Of course the problem with that theory is that Su would've mentioned that earlier followed by the fact that she would've known him since childhood.

Baatar is actually Suyin's eldest son, Opal's brother. He appeared very briefly in 'The Metal Clan'.

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention, what the hell has happened to Korra's bending? She got her butt handed to her by some random at the end the episode, where the hell have her fighting skills gone?  Huh Embarrassed.

Well, Korra is not exactly in the best of places at the moment. She is still very broken mentally and hasn't fully recovered. She is just not on the top of her game at the moment.
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 09:13 am by AvatarReiko » Logged

DJSmallz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Handsome & Wealthy

« Reply #46 on: Oct 03, 2014 09:18 am »

I loved this episode so much!

Let's have a money shower tonight!
insertname
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Oct 03, 2014 09:19 am »

Baatar is actually Suyin's eldest son, Opal's brother. He appeared very briefly in 'The Metal Clan'.

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention, what the hell has happened to Korra's bending? She got her butt handed to her by some random at the end the episode, where the hell have her fighting skills gone?  Huh Embarrassed.

Well, Korra is not exactly in the best of places at the moment. She is still very broken mentally and hasn't fully recovered. She is just not on the top of her game at the moment.

She got money for her loss, so maybe it was staged like wrestling? She also didn't seem to care much about losing, so maybe she just went through the moves long enough to get the money. I agree she won't be as strong as she was for now, but if she really needed and wanted to beat someone, she sure would put up a much better fight than what we saw.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #48 on: Oct 03, 2014 09:26 am »

Yes, but I think what Fire Rose was saying is that Suyin's husband (Bataar Sr) could be Sokka's son, which would explain why Bataar Jr could look like Sokka, without having Sokka be Suyin's dad.

Anyhoo, what a great episode! The only thing I disliked, the thing I absolutely hated about it, was that it ended where it did and there was no second episode immediately afterwards!! I want to know what happened to Korra!! Poor baby, she got beat at Earth Rumble Cry

Love Bolin's new grown-up look, and Mako's, and Asami's, and pretty much everyone's. Tonraq going gray makes him look distinguished. Prince Wu is not the late Queen's son, I'm glad they said that because I'd been wondering about that. I wonder if he's gonna be growing up a bit during this season or if he'll stay an annoying little jackass forever.

And Kuvira is awesomely devious. When she started throwing those metal bands at the bandits, I totally thought she was shooting them in the face with metal spikes. I was like "holy crap, did she just---?!?!?!" and then I realized what she was actually doing, lol.

Can't wait for the next episode. And now I have to go to work and try not to think about Korra until the afternoon, gaaah!

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Oct 03, 2014 09:30 am »

Yah, poor Korra really seems lost and broken down right now which likely weakens her fighting skills. Who'd be able to really fight in that type of condition?

I wonder if she knows of Kuvia's actual intentions? I mean why else train only her Earth bending skills? Than again, maybe she's just trying to re train herself again? Physically and mentally wise?

Don't worry Bolin, once you leave her I'm sure Opal will go running back into your arms Sad

I do like Kuvia a lot so far but with what these Earth benders are saying I'm not so sure about her yet Sad

I guess it's been three years for Assmi and Mako too, didn't think that since they lived in the same place.
I wonder what Asami's role will be in this season though?

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: