Mar 27, 2017 02:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 56 (45.5%)
9 - 30 (24.4%)
8 - 26 (21.1%)
7 - 7 (5.7%)
6 - 4 (3.3%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 123

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [401] After All These Years  (Read 54139 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« on: Sep 28, 2014 03:18 pm »

Release date: 3 October 2014

Summary: It's been three years since Zaheer poisoned Korra and the members of Team Avatar have moved on with their lives; Kai and Opal help a struggling Earth Kingdom town.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 08:51 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2014 02:32 am »

Since the episode is out early on amazon, thread unlocked. Please read the first post.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2014 02:35 am »

It's on Xbox Video too.  Haven't purchased it though.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2014 02:36 am »

I can't fit that many words in the title box. =P

I'll edit the first post instead.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2014 02:37 am »

So Bolin is with Kuvira and Varrick, helping "unite Earth Kingdom states." Team Avatar has been separate for the past 3 years and the Airbenders are stretched thin trying to keep peace.

So apparently Su's oldest son "betrayed" her for Kuvira... because they're getting married.

Korra apparently didn't return to RC when she said she did 6 months prior..
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 02:57 am by aa623 » Logged

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2014 02:52 am »

Apparently, tumblr's reactions to this episode are summed up as completely heartbreaking.

If only Amazon Canada had the eps.
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2014 03:01 am »

it's sad. especially the end.

I wanted to see more korra during this episode...I spend a whole 2 dollars and everything.

Not sure how to feel about kuvira yet.

and apparently Korra has only been away from home for 6 months.
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 03:18 am by Solariz » Logged
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2014 03:11 am »

Also Prince Wu is the Earth Queen's great-nephew, so she either didn't have an heir or all of hers were killed.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2014 03:18 am »

pretty sure no one wanted to mate with her...
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #9 on: Oct 03, 2014 03:26 am »

Finished episode.

Very strong premiere. It makes me wish we were getting a second episode instead of just one.

Also, calling it now, Kuvira's probably helped set up those bandit attacks to help unify the Earth nation. It's mostly strange that the bandits knew exactly what they needed to do to counter Kai and Opal. Plus, we now have a clear view of the guy from trailer so we might see more with him later.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2014 03:35 am »

^Oh yeah, she definitely set that up. I mean it was almost too much of a coincidence.

But also: "Meelo the MAN"

Well we see Korra start off with the black eye at the end of the episode, so this helps put the trailer into perspective. My guess is she'll head out on a journey and find Toph, then she finally reunites with the rest of the team.

Also I love seeing the map of the Earth Kingdom with all of its states outlined.

I actually like Prince Wu. He's like Bolin and Varrick in a sense, and is genuinely appreciative of Mako enough to specifically request him to accompany him to Ba Sing Se.

Bolin and Opal have dated the past 3 years, though Opal is beginning to question if they are growing apart or not, while Kai and Jinora are apparently doing great as a couple.
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 03:46 am by aa623 » Logged

Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Oct 03, 2014 04:19 am »

Just watched the episode and  I can easily say that I love Kuvira already. She is going into my signature. HAIL KUVIRA! Y'all better pledge your allegiance to her lol  Cheesy.

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #12 on: Oct 03, 2014 04:21 am »

Just watched the episode and  I can easily say that I love Kuvira already. She is going into my signature. HAIL KUVIRA! Y'all better pledge your allegiance to her lol  Cheesy.
Just don't use images from the episode yet... till the episode goes live on Nick.com

Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2014 04:38 am »

Just watched the episode and  I can easily say that I love Kuvira already. She is going into my signature. HAIL KUVIRA! Y'all better pledge your allegiance to her lol  Cheesy.
Just don't use images from the episode yet... till the episode goes live on Nick.com

I won't Smiley...

Also did anyone notice how nearly all the scenes from the trailer were in this one episode? LOL... They really used alot of clips from the same episodes in the trailer.
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 04:52 am by Robotman » Logged

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2014 04:45 am »

lol Icy Cheesy

@ robotman: that actually makes me really happy. I know next episode is going to be a flashback of korra's time healing (according to all mighty bryke), so I don't think there was too much of the season shown in the trailer. We don't really know what's going happen and that's exciting.
The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A corpse… Should be left well alone.

« Reply #15 on: Oct 03, 2014 05:32 am »

That smirk from Kuvira... Cheesy Azula will always be my number one Smirkbender, but I couldn't help but add Kuvira to this elite list... LOL!

And the way she handled those bandits... Was that pieces from her own armor?

I really couldn't tell...

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Oct 03, 2014 06:00 am »

Kuvira seems to channel Azula. She uses fear and sabotage methods (pretty obvious, guys) to get what she wants. According Byrke (from the podcast yesterday) Kuvira's ideology sounds like Zaofu gone bad, which would make sense to given to what she's wants to 'rehabilitate' the bandits. Bolin is likely not aware of this so chances are he will defect.

It sounds like Mako and Asami aren't together so there's still hope for Makorra. Wu doesn't seem to be that bad of a guy, (seriously, people wanted him dead in the first two minutes of the preview), he's just a harmless jackass. Raiko still rubs me the wrong way for some reason and it's not because of putting Mako on bodyguard duty indefinitely.

Interesting on how Korra has only been gone for six months and left by telling a lie to her father (who has appeared to walk into Sokka's wardrobe). I wonder why? It was kind of sad to see Korra lose to a fight she could've clearly won. Remember back in Book 1 where she took down three guys in a sparing match? It's like she's given up on herself. Gah! Why couldn't this be two episodes? I want to know now!

Fun fact: Bart Jr. is voiced by Italy (along with Ling from FMAB and Jadeite in the Sailor Moon redub). That now makes four well-known anime voice actors to appear on this show. What are the odds of him holding a white flag at the end of the season? Or leave Kuvira because he may not know about Kuvira's scheme's either.

Overall this season is off to a good start.
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 06:07 am by Fire Rose » Logged
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2014 06:01 am »

Good episode. I find it bizarre that Korra has not seen her friends in 3 years. Just goes to show you that post traumatic stress does not heal over night, and that mental/emotional scars take time to heal.

To the viewer, it would appear thatKuivira genually wants to help the people and unite the Earth Kingdom, but we all know better. She most definetly has an ulterior motive, and I bet it is to  rule the Earth Kingdom herself once she has established control. I also found it interesting that Su's son betrayed her and is now sleeping with the enemy, LITERALLY. I wonder how that will play out for the Beifongs.

Did anyone notice this!? Omashu still stands and remains unconquered…I wonder if that has any sort of significance.

« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 06:04 am by AvatarReiko » Logged

Zorkel567
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2014 06:20 am »

Really great episode, though there wasn't much of Korra. Kuvira, though. If Bryke can do one thing right its create fantastic and intimidatin villains.
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:01 am »

I am now very interested in Bataar Jr's plotline since he is engaged to Kuvira. I feel that by the end of the series The Beifong family may not be a whole.
I also see that Bolin is going to have to make a big decision.

Is it just me or did that airplane the bandit was piloting look a lot like one of Hiroshi's.
Blue Warpath
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Evil is love. Evil is life.

« Reply #20 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:04 am »

God, this episode was amazing. I love everything about it. Kuvira will probably become my favourite if she remains this good, or even better, across the the season. She is a beautiful, strong, manipulative young woman who don't need no man... well, except for Opal's brother (who might actually get character development this book), but, you know, that's more of a want. Also, I'm liking the dilemma between Opal and Bolin - it promises some substance to their relationship, and I'm just freaking glad they didn't break up during the 3 year gap so Bolin could go for a "new" girl - I'm glad they're treating a relationship seriously. I rather liked Mako, as well in this episode. And, Prince Wu was surprisingly enjoyable as well - I really like his design, his voice, and his over all mannerisms.

Also, poor Korra. I'm very interested in her journey.

It's very interesting how most of the episode didn't focus on her. It's a very nice choice to leave us wondering for so long, and also showcase some of the main plot for this Book and focus on characters we've haven't really focused on as much as Korra. It works very well, and I'm really looking forward to where this Book will go.

I liked the fact that Reiko's wife appeared, and was wearing pretty clothes. I felt like the creators forgot about her. Asami is a mixed bag, sort of... I did like the scenes she had, and how she's contributed to Republic city, but I'm worried she'll be shafted again. I hope that she's feature more in the next episodes, and that she really contributes as well. I also hope we just simply get more character development for her, and perhaps with these rumours of Hiroshi returning we might get something like that...  Smiley

And, god, the designs are awesome. Republic city has been spruced up, I tell you, and, boy, does it look awesome. I just love how everything looks, it's so pretty. I'm mean, I know, in quite a few ways it's the same as it's aways been, but I like the big and small changes. I really liked the design of the place Wu was staying, and even just simple shots of the streets Smiley. Really feels like a progressing city. Also, Kuvira, Bolin and the rest of their team are wearing awesome outfits - just fit for posing dramatically... I LOVE IT. Asami's design is very nice and stylish - very city girl - and I love her hair, it fits her better and seems a bit more practical for action. Mako's uniform is really nice as well. I'm not completely sold on the Airbender suits, but it makes me smile with references to superhero costumes.

Everyone and everything has been spruced up.

Airbender kids were very nice. I like how Ikki and Meelo have grown their hair out. I'm really curious about what Jinora looks like now. As for Kai, I surprisingly found him much less irritating in this episode, and I like his voice more here than in book 3. Tonraq design is okay, but I'm not completely sold - I just feel sad the manly man is greying.
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2014 07:07 am by Blue Warpath » Logged

Keeper of Kuvira's owning, Asami's lacking development, and Azula's nails.
Landshark
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:07 am »

Could someone post a direct link to the Amazon link. Having a hard time finding it on the site, and I'm legitimately paying for it.
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:09 am »

Well we see Korra start off with the black eye at the end of the episode, so this helps put the trailer into perspective. My guess is she'll head out on a journey and find Toph, then she finally reunites with the rest of the team.

Bolin and Opal have dated the past 3 years, though Opal is beginning to question if they are growing apart or not, while Kai and Jinora are apparently doing great as a couple.

How nice for Jinora, three years and her relationship with Kai grow closer while Opal is questioning the relationship with Bolin :/

I really hope Bopal works things out. Well, looks like some theory's were right about Bolin, working with Kurvia and Verrick and being in the dark about the rest. When he finds out what the truth is hey'll be stabbing her in the back a some time soon Cheesy

Can't wait for the rest of Bolin's plot to continue, hope we get an entire episode to him finding out the truth and leaving Cheesy

I don't know about this Prince guy yet, still feel un easy about him :/
I don't think he's ready to rule the Earth Kingdom yet for sure though.

Can't wait for Korra to reunite the team, though it will likely take an episode to convince Bolin.
Since Korra hasn't seen any one for three years  that's a,one time.

I like the new outfit's, well am so and so on Mako's actually.

Opal has a brother? Bum bum bum,hope he gets interactions with Bolin since they'll be brother in laws in the future Cheesy

Good / fun episode,can't wait for the rest of the season, sadly the last Sad

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #23 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:13 am »

Could someone post a direct link to the Amazon link. Having a hard time finding it on the site, and I'm legitimately paying for it.
Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NW2H7C2/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/182-8898688-4239803?redirect=true&ref_=atv_dp_season_select_s4

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Oct 03, 2014 07:25 am »

I am now very interested in Bataar Jr's plotline since he is engaged to Kuvira. I feel that by the end of the series The Beifong family may not be a whole.
I also see that Bolin is going to have to make a big decision.

Is it just me or did that airplane the bandit was piloting look a lot like one of Hiroshi's.

Bolin is obviously unaware of these methods because we know he wouldn't approve it.  Batarr jr either doesn't know or he aware and is in denial about Kuvira's actions because he loves her and believes that they are helping the Earth Kingdom. Varrick knows because he does these sort of things but I would like to see him defect if he comes across something that is above his standards (hurting young children, hurting Bolin or Zhu Li etc) because  as funny and morally grey as he is, it would nice show that he does have a humane side.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: