Nov 19, 2019 11:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zuko's under-appreciation of Mai's sacrifice  (Read 5656 times)
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« on: Sep 21, 2014 09:52 pm »

I don't know, am I the only one who thinks Mai turning on the FN to help Zuko and going to jail for him is greatly undersold or under appreciated by Zuko. One thing that always kind of rubbed me the wrong way was when he saw Mai in the epilogue of the series "Mai you're okay, they let you out of prison?" I always thought they could are worded that better like "Mai thank goodness your okay, I was so worried about you". I guess I can let that slide, or after the war Zuko didn't get her out of jail, after the Agni Kai with Azula he was no condition to do anything, but the Warder of all people got out of jail that is kind of embarassing but I will let that slide, or the fact Zuko mention and acknowledge Mai post Boiling Rock, the rest of Team Avatar didn't mention Bato, the Mechanist, etc. the people from the failed Day Of Black Sun that were in jail as well. But at least they got a thank you from Aang. (also Sokka never mention Suki till the Day Of Black Sun, I guess it is the norm around here)

I will let all that slide, we had to be focused on the story, but what really irks me is after all that, Zuko didn't trust Mai enough that he was still keeping secrets from her in the comics. Not it looks like Mai might something to help protect Zuko from the New Ozai society, if that happens, she best get at least a thank you.

Maybe I am over analyzing things. We weren't around Zuko 24 / 7, so who knows.

Edited thread title to be clearer. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2014 10:36 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2014 10:05 pm »

Moved to the Wan Shi Tong board.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Funkybender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2014 11:58 pm »

Wasn't Mai freed by the time of the ending? I don't think it matters whether Zuko broke her out of her uncle let her go. I think if he honestly believed she needed his help or protection, he would have been there.

Well, that tension was mostly because of Zuko's stress of dealing with the Harmony Restoration Movement, and conflicting advice coming from Ozai. He didn't seem to trust anyone.

I don't really see the New Ozai Society materializing as a threat in the comics. We can expect how it would end; another curbstomp of an old villain. Unless we see the NOS again in another comic (a graphic novel and not a FCB promotion), I'm not inclined to believe that their influence is very strong or that their connections run deep enough to pose a significant danger to Zuko.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2014 06:31 am »

I don't really see the New Ozai Society materializing as a threat in the comics. We can expect how it would end; another curbstomp of an old villain. Unless we see the NOS again in another comic (a graphic novel and not a FCB promotion), I'm not inclined to believe that their influence is very strong or that their connections run deep enough to pose a significant danger to Zuko.

Well people said the samething about the Equalists and looked what happened, it is best never to underestemate anybody.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2014 07:58 am »

A baby is more dangerous than the whole club united

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Chinoiserie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2014 03:44 pm »

I think Zuko has problem with talking to anyone, and it is not really about trust. I think he feels he should be able handle his problems alone of something. In any case I hope there is more character developepment for him in the comics and not just he and Mai getting back together after some crisis.
Misty23
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2014 04:04 pm »

Either way he needs to apologise to her for being such a crappy boyfriend she saved his life and risked her own in the process not to mention she got the kyoshi warriors as his protectors. The list he could do is be appreciative - if he didn't admit he loved her in the comics I would have doubted it personally just because he seems to be all she thinks about and he barely thinks abouther so it seems.

Does anyone feel the same? Or is that just me? All im saying is if they make up Zuko better be grovelling I think Mai's done enough - she even became less apathetic just because he asked her to not bottle up her emotions. So its only fair he starts learning to communicate.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2014 01:53 pm »

I feel like that too but it's Gene story, it'll be nice to scream and protest but if Mai and Zuko don't get back together, it's over;
Of course, I wouldn't be happy with it and if it was some kind of scrappy OC, I would surely rage a lot but the fact that he broke them up over stupid reasons make me believe he won't end Zuko's story with Mai, or at least, part of me think like dis.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Misty23
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2014 10:45 am »

True, but since he mentioned the new comics after the rift has a lot of Zuko in them I do suspect a Maiko reunion. And the rift also confirmed the new ozai society is an actual threat as quite a few characters have joined. I know they are probably waiting till after Korra but I really just wanna know the title and cover of the new comics already. And hopefully we don't have to wait months and months for this one
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: