Jun 25, 2017 06:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attempt at drawing Asami on Photoshop  (Read 5041 times)
Rose Unicorn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Sep 20, 2014 03:54 pm »

Hey guys, I'm new to the digital art world. After seeing so much wonderful fan art, I made it my goal to learn to make art as well. I'm in the middle of drawing Asami Sato and I thought I'd share the progress with you guys. Any feedback and comments are welcome. I'm still learning as I draw her and she's the first person I've ever tried to draw on a computer. I'll post updates.

I'm currently working on her hair and eyebrows. The "eyebrows" that are there already are more of a template for me to draw the real eyebows over. I finished drawing the basic shape of her hair. but I still need to add texture, lighting, and other things to make it look slightly more realistic. Feedback would be great.

Edit: I finished it. It's not the best, but I'm going to practice on other drawings.
WIP: http://i61.tinypic.com/2vcfia0.png
Imperfect finish: http://i62.tinypic.com/v5bm04.jpg
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2015 12:43 pm by Rose Unicorn » Logged
Maivry
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2014 04:17 pm »

Welcome to ASN. =) This is leaps and bounds ahead of my first forays into digital art! You've definitely captured how she looks. I'd like to see your traditional art, since I assume you're more experienced with that.

Besides the obviously unfinished hair (although I think the eyebrows already look fine, depending on how much detail you're going for), be careful not to go overboard with the soft shading of the skin. Some crisp contrast, kind of like some of the detail on the nose, could go a long way towards making it feel more real. The lips fare better with the soft shading, but they could still use crisper lighting.

ArtFicsGraphics
Rose Unicorn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2014 06:59 pm »

Welcome to ASN. =) This is leaps and bounds ahead of my first forays into digital art! You've definitely captured how she looks. I'd like to see your traditional art, since I assume you're more experienced with that.

Besides the obviously unfinished hair (although I think the eyebrows already look fine, depending on how much detail you're going for), be careful not to go overboard with the soft shading of the skin. Some crisp contrast, kind of like some of the detail on the nose, could go a long way towards making it feel more real. The lips fare better with the soft shading, but they could still use crisper lighting.
Thanks so much for the feedback and the warm welcome. I'll definitely touch up on the shading and stuff when I'm done with the hair. Thanks again! x
HazieAsh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2014 11:38 am »

She looks awesome! I love the nose and lips a lot!
Maybe widen the right side of her chin going up so it matches the other side (the jaw line is closer to her lips on the right-- our right)
Also welcome to digital art!
Rose Unicorn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2014 06:56 pm »

She looks awesome! I love the nose and lips a lot!
Maybe widen the right side of her chin going up so it matches the other side (the jaw line is closer to her lips on the right-- our right)
Also welcome to digital art!
Thanks for the feedback and welcome! Yeah, I noticed that with the face, but I didn't want it to be 100% symetrical because it would look to stiff and unrealistic. Also, the waves in her hair aren't completely the same on both sides so it looks like her face isn't centered, but it's just the hair.
Rose Unicorn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2015 12:42 pm »

http://i62.tinypic.com/v5bm04.jpg
Haven't been on in a while. Here's my finished version. It's still not perfect, but I plan on practicing further with other drawings.
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2015 10:35 pm »

I am so happy to see the finished work! This is far and away better than my first attempts at digital drawing (those will always remain locked away on my old laptop and never see daylight!!) and I am looking forward to seeing where your talents take you next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: