Oct 17, 2017 10:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Zuko's mom have stayed dead?  (Read 9713 times)
KatrinaKadabra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #75 on: Aug 05, 2015 03:35 am »

Good point about Zuko being happy with his family at one time.

Another point against Ozai being evil for the sake of evil... Ozai taught Zuko that the war was the Fire Nation's way of sharing their greatness with the world. Granted he could have made that up for his kids, but the way Zuko tells him, "The world hates us!" implies that Ozai believes what he taught and is really just after power, rather than the sheer enjoyment of watching people suffer.

PaperMario30
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #76 on: Feb 20, 2016 01:27 pm »

That was a great analysis Loopy! This is why I will never consider these comics canon. They're more like over glorified fanfiction if you ask me.

Heck, I could never take these seriously starting with the first couple pages of the promise. During the finale, Aang struggles with the thought of killing a man whom he has no emotional connections to and who wants to burn down the Earth Kingdom... and then a couple days later, promises his friend whom he does care about that he will kill him if he starts to become his father, even though he did everything in his power to not kill said father.

So he's willing to kill his friend, but not a sociopath?

Like, what?

Gene likes to keep the characters out of character so that he can create drama. Unfortunately, Ursa met the same fate.

Zuko Alone Ursa is the only Ursa to me.

As for staying dead, it doesn't matter to me. If anything, they should have had the actual writers of Zuko Alone tell the story of what happened, not someone who didn't have anything to do with the original show. That would have been much better.
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2016 01:30 pm by PaperMario30 » Logged
ViridianIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #77 on: Apr 15, 2016 09:32 pm »

Well to answer the primary thread question as bluntly as possible.

No, but only because Zuko's mother was never, nor was she spoken of, as dead as far as my memory serves.  There was potentially light indication that she was dead based solely on her not being around... but she was never dead, so she couldn't ever have 'stayed dead'

Now if the question is instead 'Should Zuko's mother have BEEN dead?' I'd also say no, because 'The Search' is still some fantastic Avatar fiction with fun and heavy stuff happening.

\"That woman is my hero.\"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: