Jul 29, 2014 09:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aang's Parents?  (Read 10310 times)
MattsSoScene
Chief Crankypants

MattsSoScene
« Reply #25 on: Dec 03, 2006 01:57 pm »

I am 95 % positive that it is NOT his mom and that it IS the last avatar to be born in the air temple. in a much older episode, when avatar Roku is explaining to Aang about the avatar state, they flash back on past avatars, and the last one that was born to the earth nation was a female and I believe it is the same girl we are seeing a statue of

Chief Crankypants

« Reply #26 on: Dec 03, 2006 02:02 pm »

I was just about to say that!
It was in book 2 chapter 1- the avatar state
http://www.avatarspirit.net/images/screenshots/201/459.jpg

MattsSoScene
Chief Crankypants

MattsSoScene
« Reply #27 on: Dec 03, 2006 02:06 pm »

I was just about to say that!
It was in book 2 chapter 1- the avatar state
http://www.avatarspirit.net/images/screenshots/201/459.jpg

yes, it was

thesilfieszone
Chief Crankypants

joshxewwxuh thesilfieszone
« Reply #28 on: Dec 03, 2006 03:07 pm »

Just a comment, Aang is spelt with 2 A's. You probably know that though. Just thought I'd point it out.

your right

>>>~*~I'M A PROUD AVATARD~*~<<<
Savitri
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #29 on: Dec 08, 2006 11:38 am »

Aang's REAL parents? merged with Aang's Parents?

Please use the SEARCH function before beginning new threads.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here.  I'm mad.  You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
 - Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Stravagante
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #30 on: Dec 08, 2006 12:05 pm »

I think that statue is just a statue of a female air bender. Maybe the last air nation avatar. Not his mother.

It was revealed at PMX that the air nomads are 100% benders so Aang's parents would have to be a monk and a nun. The creators said that Aang was taken from them when he was very young and doesn't remember them. (You can read the report this is in here http://rawles.livejournal.com/225093.html#cutid1 it's long but worth it for the info).
I think the most we will see of Aang's real parent's we've already seen in Gyatso. He obviously wasn't Aang's genetic father but he was fufilling the mentor/paternal role and they were both very close. Unless there is a Book 4 'Air' I think that's the most they will tell us.

Great sig by cheyanne! Thanks!
turtleduck
Chief Crankypants

The turtleducks want blood

« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2006 01:00 pm »

A "tombs of Atuan" kinda thing? (If you havent read it, you should!) On the death of the previous Avatar, the monks went out and sought for him. Perhaps some of the other children in the flashback in the storm were other candidates removed from their parents and kept at the temple after it was found that Aang was the Avatar.

"A spork is a lethal weapon in the correct hands" - Sun Tzu
RhoughRhinoAlternate
Chief Crankypants

The lack of Rhinos, Rough or otherwise, is noted.

« Reply #32 on: Dec 08, 2006 03:54 pm »

Juding by the answer and reaction to the idea of Aang's parents by the creators, I don't think they are important and will never appear.

My fanfics:http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=14224.0
Keeper of Bomb guys' Outfit and bombs, the drill, and the double chain hammer
Isidorios
Chief Crankypants

Desty Nova Avatar and Sig by Darathor

« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2007 01:39 pm »

If the Air Monks subscribe to the same philosophy as Pathik (and I see no evidence that they would not), then Aang was certainly separated from his natural parents to sever that connection to the world. It seems key to the position of The Avatar, mediator between the world of Men and Spirits, to be above and beyond the "petty" concerns of everyday life. A pretty rough path to follow, but "with great power comes great responsibility" and all that.

They are deceased in any case, so its pretty much a non-issue as far as the current series goes.

The dispensation of Nature is such that the very act of Living and Doing is to its very core, awash with Evil.
 If you cannot accept this fact, the world is impossible to live in, as it is for Poets
zukolover4eva
Chief Crankypants

Prison Mike.

« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2007 02:16 pm »

I think it will be mentioned, looking at the live journal thing they seemed to have some idea right? And I'm sure a lot of fans out there are wondering who don't always look this stuff on the internet who are dieing to know. OR myabe we'll find out when the Lost Scrolls Air comes out?

"Emo is OVER. You can all go home now." -Pete Wentz <---Sorry Zuko
Rawles
Chief Crankypants

sorry. i'm fresh out of the ability to care.

SheWhoHathAPen
« Reply #35 on: Jan 06, 2007 02:56 pm »

I'm not going to say that Mike didn't know anything about them, but they were insignificant enough that he'd probably hadn't given it much thought considering the full conversation was less him telling us stuff and more us asking questions and him being like, "Yeah, sure, why not?"

Which is why, in my report, I put that "it was decided" after conversation that they were random air nomads and Aang never knew them.

I can pretty much guarantee you they're not important and will never be explored on the show.

LATEST FIC (10/5/07): Something Like It (G. Mai, Azula.)
Spilled in Beside Her (PG-13. Mai, Zuko.)
katangs_love
Chief Crankypants

Yay Kataang! pic by katara5

« Reply #36 on: Jan 06, 2007 06:29 pm »

I think they are not important also, but I wish we knew his parents.
Or at least had some breif image in the show.  Embarrassed

Insanely proud supporter of KATAANG! Smiley
Keeper of:
      Sokka and Katara's creeping crystal rings
      Foo foo cuddly poofs's apple
and Katara and Aang's kiss in the CoTL
Foofoocuddlypoops
Chief Crankypants

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #37 on: Jan 06, 2007 09:50 pm »

Wow. I just read that journal thing Stravagante posted. So, apparrenty the airbenders don't take vows of chastity, which ruins quite a few fan fictions I've read, but anyways...

That means Aang's parents lived in an air temple. Which makes me confused as to why they left him. Couldn't they live at the same temple?

jchr916
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #38 on: Jan 06, 2007 10:00 pm »

If the Airbenders follow the same philosophy as Pathik, they wouldn't have marriages either.  They'd just get down with other airbenders to insure the continuation of their culture.  What do regular, non-avatar people gain from having cleared chakras though.  Or does the Avatar get control of the Avatar State as an added bonus?  He already has enough for him, it's unfair.

Keeper of Cosmic Energy
snow05
Chief Crankypants

Whos Suki?

bballsupafreak
« Reply #39 on: Jan 06, 2007 10:01 pm »

well actually the eastern and western air temples are all female, the northern and southern are male so his parents would be seperated anyway.

sig and avatar by Hanabi.  I cant thank you enough!
My Favorite Characters
Azula, Sokka, Toph, Iroh
Keeper of Iroh's Beard
Keeper of Ty Lee's flirtation with Sokka
Keeper of Toph's Earth Sense
PG15
Banned Member
Chief Crankypants

Boo!

« Reply #40 on: Jan 06, 2007 10:51 pm »

That raises a question: how would the parents "do the deed" if they're all separated like that?

Special visitations? Wink

katangs_love
Chief Crankypants

Yay Kataang! pic by katara5

« Reply #41 on: Jan 06, 2007 11:04 pm »

... OK...
well, my question is that if they can't marry, do they just pair up or is it kind of like they have babies with anyone... tell me if I don't make sense...

Insanely proud supporter of KATAANG! Smiley
Keeper of:
      Sokka and Katara's creeping crystal rings
      Foo foo cuddly poofs's apple
and Katara and Aang's kiss in the CoTL
Katara_101
Chief Crankypants

Liz+Karlson
« Reply #42 on: Jan 06, 2007 11:51 pm »

Thats so true, what happened to aangs parents Huh
theavatar01
Chief Crankypants

Oh it's a real legend.

« Reply #43 on: Jan 07, 2007 12:46 am »

Has anyone ever thought which of the monks could be Aangs parents: Monk Gyatso
or some other guy? I'm sorry if theres another post up like this, but i didn't see it.

It is possible that Aang's parents could have died, or it is tradition that a baby is given to a monk when they are born.  Hopefully we'll learn more about it in the 3rd season or 4th. Undecided Huh Shocked

Thank you to xxboomerAANGsquadxx for making this great sig. =]
And thanks to C4P for the great avatar =]
Keeper of...eh I'll decide later.
einsteinboricua
Chief Crankypants

Sokka's twin brother and Ozai's cool agent.

einsteinboricua@hotmail.com
« Reply #44 on: Jan 07, 2007 10:07 am »

Remember, that not all air nomads lived in the temples. The temples were the place were airbending was taught. If the nomad didn't possess the ability to airbend, then the nomad would be sent to live as an EK citizen. However, maybe Aang's parents weren't airbenders, and they decided to see if he did possess the ability. Turns out, he did possess it...and three other more things...(the abilities, people...). However, it may be possible for:
1. The world has an irregular life span, and so do the humans. Maybe they're still alive.
2. They knew from the beginning that he would be the Avatar, so they entrusted them to the air nomad elders.

Sister Iio, and Monk Gyatso are just their mentors. Before they're fully masters of airbender, they're children and need a motherly figure. Then they go on to finish their mastery. It just so happens that Gyatso was old in the outside but a child in the inside, and the only one who would be with Aang after his "discovery" of Avatar....ness....thingy.

Proud Sukka shipper. avvie by XXbAsXX
I keep Appa's clumps of hair on the river, the invasion, the places of the invasion, and EK's documents and belongings
-Remind me again how you're related to Sokka?
-Why I'm his third cousin's brother's wife's step niece's great uncle....twice removed.
Rawles
Chief Crankypants

SheWhoHathAPen
« Reply #45 on: Jan 07, 2007 10:47 am »

If the nomad didn't possess the ability to airbend, then the nomad would be sent to live as an EK citizen.

That's not true. ALL air nomads were airbenders.

I imagine, being nomads, maybe the only people regularly at the temples were the old masters and the young who were still being taught. Everyone else was probably travelling around and whatnot.

einsteinboricua
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #46 on: Jan 07, 2007 11:32 am »

If the nomad didn't possess the ability to airbend, then the nomad would be sent to live as an EK citizen.

I disagree with you because not all members of a society are benders. Not all EK people are earthbenders. Not all WT people are waterbenders. Take Ty Lee and Mai: high ranking members of FN society, yet they lack their bending abilities. I believe that air nomads may also have this situation.

If what you mean is that even if they don't possess the ability to airbend, they are still air nomads...then you are right. However, there aren't any sources that state whether we are correct or incorrect, and we are getting off topic so, we'll leave it at that.

EDIT: There's some evidence that may suggest why are Aang's parents non-existent in the show(i.e. aren't mentioned). From the nick.com board, people say that maybe the airbenders didn't allow students to remain with their parents, which is a theory I support.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2007 11:36 am by einsteinboricua » Logged

I keep Appa's clumps of hair on the river, the invasion, the places of the invasion, and EK's documents and belongings
-Why I'm his third cousin's brother's wife's step niece's great uncle....twice removed.
PG15
Banned Member
Chief Crankypants

Boo!

« Reply #47 on: Jan 07, 2007 02:46 pm »

I disagree with you because not all members of a society are benders. Not all EK people are earthbenders. Not all WT people are waterbenders. Take Ty Lee and Mai: high ranking members of FN society, yet they lack their bending abilities. I believe that air nomads may also have this situation.

I'm pretty sure Mike and Bryan themselves said that all air nomads are air benders.

But don't quote me on that.

Rawles
Chief Crankypants

SheWhoHathAPen
« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2007 09:19 am »

I disagree with you because not all members of a society are benders.

All of the Air Nomads were. And you can quote me on that. Mike DiMartino told me so himself.

And to review my previous statement about Aang's parents:

I'm not going to say that Mike didn't know anything about them, but they were insignificant enough that he'd probably hadn't given it much thought considering the full conversation was less him telling us stuff and more us asking questions and him being like, "Yeah, sure, why not?"

Which is why, in my report, I put that "it was decided" after conversation that they were random air nomads and Aang never knew them.

I can pretty much guarantee you they're not important and will never be explored on the show.

So. Yeah.

einsteinboricua
Chief Crankypants

« Reply #49 on: Jan 08, 2007 09:25 am »

I disagree with you because not all members of a society are benders.

All of the Air Nomads were. And you can quote me on that. Mike DiMartino told me so himself.

And to review my previous statement about Aang's parents:

OK...didn't know that. So, that pretty much knocks out my theory...

So. Yeah.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: