Sep 20, 2019 12:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could machine's be drained with lightning bending?  (Read 633 times)
Gorrilian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Sep 05, 2014 11:51 pm »

Once upon a time, I was offered a peace of gum and it electrified my hand. It was a gag where pulling on the stick of 'gum' would trigger the zapping current. I asked if I could hold on for a while just to freak him out and it turns out it feels like the pins and needles feeling of your arm going to sleep. Well, in my dreams, I sleep almost on my arm and ever since, I had recurring dreams about being able to bend lightning. Now, in my dreams, I run out of juice pretty quickly and have to stall until I can get to an electronic device or a wall socket (look up the game InFAMOUS).

I hear Bryke said lightning bending was the most exhausting form of firebending. Would someone like Mako or a traditional master firebender be able to drain the electricity from the surrounding electronics and direct it into an extra blast? I know Iroh said that you could only be its humble guide, but the bar has been pushed so far by the Red Lotus, Zao Fu, and even Bolin that I wonder if there would be a small scene where a firebender is exhausted and turns to a near by outlet and redirects the power into a fresh attack.

Hail the Storm!
Magegg
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2014 12:00 am »

I don't think so. Electric energy in a lightning is not comparable to machines, they have too little energy.
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2014 01:41 am »

Yes, they can. Seeing how Mako was able to absorb energy from a Mecha Tanks' power line. I see no reason why.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: