Nov 22, 2019 10:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ozai finished?  (Read 6642 times)
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #25 on: Aug 20, 2014 06:12 pm »

I kind of want Ozai to bust out of prison somehow. I definitely do not want for him to get his bending back in some ridiculous way, but a prison break would be awesome.

I also really want to see a team consisting of Ozai. Azula. Hama, and Long Feng. That seems like a stretch though. And Ozai would need some combative abilities like swordsmanship or perhaps just applying some of the firebending style without fire.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Aug 21, 2014 02:26 am »

I also really want to see a team consisting of Ozai. Azula. Hama, and Long Feng. That seems like a stretch though. And Ozai would need some combative abilities like swordsmanship or perhaps just applying some of the firebending style without fire.

Yeaaaaaah.  That's awful fanfic level of a stretch.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #27 on: Aug 21, 2014 12:41 pm »

Honestly, I think any Ozai breaking out of prison scenario is a reminder of awful fan-fic.

At least it's better then the Azula breaks out of the asylum fan fics. Those are everywhere.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #28 on: Aug 21, 2014 12:47 pm »

You mean, Azula redemptions.

But let's just forget Ozai, he was already the final villain of ATLA, he got his time to shine.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #29 on: Aug 21, 2014 05:16 pm »

You mean, Azula redemptions.

But let's just forget Ozai, he was already the final villain of ATLA, he got his time to shine.

Honestly, Ozai did not get enough development or screen time. Some of the lack of screen time helped, some of it hurt. I wish they would've handled Ozai just a little better.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #30 on: Aug 21, 2014 07:00 pm »

I'd be fine with Ozai breaking out of prison, and then not being a villain to Aang. Just send Ozai on a grueling character journey that ends with his death or retirement. Something that expands his character and backstory beyond the cardboard cutout he's always been. Something... ah, why not... something written by Matthew Woodring Stover.

Space Oddity
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Aug 21, 2014 09:22 pm »

I'd be fine with Ozai breaking out of prison, and then not being a villain to Aang. Just send Ozai on a grueling character journey that ends with his death or retirement. Something that expands his character and backstory beyond the cardboard cutout he's always been. Something... ah, why not... something written by Matthew Woodring Stover.

He's a sociopath born in a situation that encourages sociopathy who responded in full.

There is literally NOTHING there to explore. 
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #32 on: Aug 21, 2014 09:38 pm »

Is he a full sociopath, or does he simply have sociopathic tendencies? I'm reading a story right now about the latter kind of character, and I'm finding that there's plenty to explore, in the hands of someone who can handle that kind of thing.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: