Dec 07, 2019 05:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Situation with LoK and the Comics  (Read 4134 times)
citadelfortress
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jul 23, 2014 09:33 pm »

With all the uncertainty going on with LoK, I was curious what this could mean for the comics. Would they get affected?
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2014 02:29 am »

I don't know. The comics are sort of their own thing. Nick doesn't make them. They made a contract with Dark Horse to make it for them. They also sell very well. I can't see a reason why they'd stop producing the comics.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2014 10:33 pm »

I'm not sure Nick knows that there are Avatar comics.

After all, they refuse to license LoK to any potential soundtrack producers, and I can't imagine the comics are bringing in more money than that. Comics are a very low profit margin business.

Mahaanus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2014 02:57 am »

After all, they refuse to license LoK to any potential soundtrack producers, and I can't imagine the comics are bringing in more money than that. Comics are a very low profit margin business.

As far as comics go, Avatar is a very profitable franchise. In fact, with the loss of Star Wars, it's THE most profitable franchise Dark Horse has. Even if Nick forgets they exist, DH won't.

Recent events have drawn me out of my hole.
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2014 02:26 pm »

I really hope it doesn't affect the comics. I'm not saying the comics are perfect or even great, but they're at least a steady stream of new Avatar stories... Better that than nothing at all! Agree, disagree?

On a side note: As flawed as they are, would you guys be opposed to them turning them into DC-style animated movies after Book 4 of Korra is done?

Keeper of Sokka's Memorial Statue, Beard, and Gavel!
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2014 05:18 pm »

I would love for them to be turned into animated movies.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2014 06:45 pm »

As far as comics go, Avatar is a very profitable franchise. In fact, with the loss of Star Wars, it's THE most profitable franchise Dark Horse has. Even if Nick forgets they exist, DH won't.

Well, yeah, but Dark Horse is in a low profit-margin business. Paramount probably doesn't even know what a comic book is, outside of somehow inspiring that Iron Man movie that at first seemed to make the executives gods and now has spawned an unbeatable rival.

On a side note: As flawed as they are, would you guys be opposed to them turning them into DC-style animated movies after Book 4 of Korra is done?

Only after massive rewrites. As is, I wouldn't want them to get the legitimacy of being animated.

But Under the Red Hood proved that such improvements are not only possible with the same creative team involved, but can really achieve great new heights.

sara736
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2014 11:12 am »

I wondered if Azula ever came back, how she would react to Mai and especially if Mai is her niece's mother... I'm not sure how she'd feel about her being apart of the family. I could only imagine her interactions with Mai and any of the others to be a bit awkward.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2014 10:49 pm »

Here's hoping the "fodder" about Sokka's legacy and the rebuilding of the Air Nation gets covered in the comics someday.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2014 01:53 am »

Here's hoping the "fodder" about Sokka's legacy and the rebuilding of the Air Nation gets covered in the comics someday.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md4sws9MmK1r91qc8.gif

Here's hoping...

Please remove the img tag when quoting images next time. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2014 02:07 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2014 03:27 am »

Let´s have Sokka kick some Zaheer's rear ends in This Comic.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2014 04:14 pm »

Hopefully that's not the tale of his death though... I want to see some serious buttkicking. We never really saw Sokka surpass Piandao as a sword master as he predicted he would. Shame.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2014 04:30 pm »

We never really saw Sokka surpass Piandao as a sword master as he predicted he would.

Maybe he never did surpass Pakku. Just because someone predicts something, doesn't mean it's true.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2014 06:47 pm »

Piandao specifically said that Sokka would surpass him if he kept on the path of the blade.

I think Sokka's fate was elsewhere.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: