Dec 08, 2019 09:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 126 (78.3%)
9 - 23 (14.3%)
8 - 5 (3.1%)
7 - 2 (1.2%)
6 - 1 (0.6%)
5 - 1 (0.6%)
4 - 2 (1.2%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 1 (0.6%)
Total Voters: 161

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [313] Venom of the Red Lotus  (Read 90666 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:48 am »

Geez, what's with all the people saying that Korra relies too much on her friends. One of the best things in this whole series is the idea that even the Avatar can't win alone, it also adds something to the villains on the show making them more than just cannon fodder.

Same people who would complain if Korra solved every problem and was the deus ex machina, so to speak.

Suyin BAEfong <3
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #51 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:51 am »

I know this is looking ahead, but would you guys prefer a time skip or immediate pick up?
Loops MK
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #52 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:02 am »

It looked like Ming Hua died and even if he didn't kill her she's definitely dead from what Ghazan did
I like how Jinora gets to be a airbending master when she really is no better than Kai at Airbending and only leads the spiritual side of bending. Her whole thing where she backtalks tenzin and sasses him like she's the new golden child is too much.
Now she's going to lead the new nomadic avatar squad of airbenders.........oh well

Still the finale was good but Korra's sadness was kinda overdone
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2014 09:05 am by Loops MK » Logged

This city....
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #53 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:05 am »

I know this is looking ahead, but would you guys prefer a time skip or immediate pick up?

Immediate pickup. There's way to much going on right now: Ba-Sing Se, the remaining RL members, and most importantly Korra's emotional state. They can't just start book 4 a year in the future and have Korra back to her normal self, we need to know what's going on with her

ATLA Keeps: The connection between the ocean and moon spirits, Katara being a worry wort

LOK Keeps: Korra's air glider, Ming-Hua's driving arms, Ghazan's lava shuriken, Jinora's mastery tattoos
Viteh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #54 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:06 am »

Lawl, Jinora looking like Aang was so weird (and obviously intentional).

Really random thought, does anyone think the poison was a metaphor for Nick? It kinda looked like it's logo on one frame.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:09 am »

It looked like Ming Hua died and even if he didn't kill her she's definitely dead from what Ghazan did
I like how Jinora gets to be a airbending master when she really is no better than Kai at Airbending and only leads the spiritual side of bending. Her whole thing where she backtalks tenzin and sasses him like she's the new golden child is too much.
Now she's going to lead the new nomadic avatar squad of airbenders.........oh well

I think there's going to be a time skip that takes place a few months later just so we can show how much Korra was really affected by the RL venom on a emotional level. The hallucinations were no doubt there to show how much Korra wants to be there for the world, but if they world doesn't need let alone want her then........

I think Book 4 is defiantly going ask the question about whether or not the world 100% needs her and how Korra might have to come to terms with that.
Viteh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #56 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:14 am »

I think there's going to be a time skip that takes place a few months later just so we can show how much Korra was really affected by the RL venom on a emotional level. The hallucinations were no doubt there to show how much Korra wants to be there for the world, but if they world doesn't need let alone want her then........

I think Book 4 is defiantly going ask the question about whether or not the world 100% needs her and how Korra might have to come to terms with that.

If that's true, then season 4 will be the last of the franchise. It seems they are moving towards a "the time of the Avatar is over", with season 2 showing that there was a world before the Avatar, and now season 4 will show the nations protecting themselves instead of relying on the Avatar.
Landshark
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #57 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:17 am »

Does anyone else think that it's a ridiculously bad decision to leave Zaheer alive? First off, whose going to guard his cell when he can suffocate people instantly? It took balls to guard Zaheer before, and now it's going to take balls of steel.

Secondly, they know there are other Red Lotus members out there, and Zaheer can go to the Spirit World and easily deliver them orders. Seems like he'd be way too dangerous to be kept alive.

I'm thinking Zaheer will become a Hannibal Lector of the Avatar world, and still push events from prison. Plus, while I don't think Korra is in any state to do it now, she's going to have to at least attempt to remove his bending, so I really don't think this is the last we've heard from Zaheer, and with his love and friends dead, he's going to be more ruthless than ever before.
Valiere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:18 am »

So I guess Zaheer for the People's "quotes" turned out to be a hoax after all.

And now we know the "void" just means metaphorically letting go of your earthly body to be able to fly, and nothing to do with the Spirit World (entering, getting body trapped, etc). Am I right?

Guess so, but Zaheer for the People's hoax ideas sounded a whole lot more interesting, sadly.
Apex
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ASN's Hiei

« Reply #59 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:19 am »

Give Korra some slack. You guys forget, Korra is only a teenager and is fighting all powerful spirits and terrorists groups. I'm sure it's taking a toll on her. She is not even 18 yet and look what at all she has to go through.

ryanhuntmuzik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #60 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:19 am »

If that's true, then season 4 will be the last of the franchise. It seems they are moving towards a "the time of the Avatar is over", with season 2 showing that there was a world before the Avatar, and now season 4 will show the nations protecting themselves instead of relying on the Avatar.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. However, didn't Raiko say something in the effect of, "The world needs the Avatar now more than ever" at the end of the finale?
magnuskn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #61 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:19 am »

I don't think so. If the series would go for a "last age of the Avatar" approach, I don't think we would have had the return of the spirits at the end of S2.
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #62 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:20 am »

I was let down by this episode. It sucks that Zaheer and his gang are wiped out. And Jinora did not deserve to be a master.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Zuko0712
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #63 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:24 am »

Here is something that still doesn't make sense to me and I hope someone can explain it. Why did Zaheer not give the air benders to Mako and Bolin. His whole image this season has been a man who doesn't like government controlling other people. I understand he was using the air benders as leverage to obtain Korra, but there was literally no reason for him not giving the air benders to Mako and Bolin since Korra surrendered.

Also, if his plan was to have him and his gang teach Korra the elements at one point why did he want her dead at the end?
Viteh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #64 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:28 am »

I don't think so. If the series would go for a "last age of the Avatar" approach, I don't think we would have had the return of the spirits at the end of S2.

I don't know about that, if anything they are returning to the way it was before the Avatar, with the spirits among them. With the difference that humans now have permanent bending, so they can protect themselves.

The Avatar isn't a divine being that must always exist. It's something that was created out of necessity due to something a human made.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. However, didn't Raiko say something in the effect of, "The world needs the Avatar now more than ever" at the end of the finale?
That was just to set up the Air Nomad team.
Loops MK
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #65 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:29 am »

Korra should have definitely killed Zaheer but I guess that's for the earth kingdom to figure out since he killed their monarch

This city....
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #66 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:29 am »

Amon re-apperance was unexpected but that scene where Korra hallucinated him along with Unalaq and Vaatu was creepy. Her eyes wide open, pupils dilated, face very taut. Nightmare fuel.

Finally you use lightning on water, Mako! Like, finally! I was waiting all season for that.

Zaheer... if you wanna kill Korra outright, then don't play with your food. Just air bubble her head straightaway instead of tossing her around to cause her pain which makes you stall your plans and eventually make you get caught.

Also nice to see how an airbending master induction ceremony is like. It's beautiful. I wasn't expecting all of Jinora's head to be shaved. Kept thinking she'll shave just the front part of her head like Yangchen and all the other female nuns.

As for Tenzin's speech near the end, is the next book called Harmony, then?

Also, poor Korra. I want to give her a hug. She's going to have a lot of issues to work through in the next and final book.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2014 09:55 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #67 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:32 am »

Kidnapping Korra when she was a child so that she would do whatever they said was Unalaq's idea. Zaheer already got what we wanted when Korra opened the portals, all he wants her to do at this point is die so that a new world could emerge without her interference.

Anyway, I really liked the season finale. It was not as dramatic as I thought, but I am glad that Zaheer remained a good villain to the very end. I especially dig the scene with him and P'li, sure it might not have been the scenario I wrote some time back, but it was still very good. There were also a lot of good moments, such as the scene where Korra is in the arms of her dad while in avatar state. Bolin, sort of annoyed me, but he had a few good gags here and there. As for the ending, I was pleased with it. While I might have issues with the way Jinora's character arc was handled, the scene where she got her tattoos was beautiful and I am interested in seeing how Korra will protect the world now that she seems to be in a mental as well as physical funk.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2014 09:40 am by Colonel_Brian » Logged
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #68 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:40 am »

Oh and I must say the Korra and Zaheer fight scene was very reminiscent of the one between Ozai and Aang. Flying around rock pillars. Fire flying propulsion. Plenty of chasing and damage.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
magnuskn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #69 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:40 am »

I don't know about that, if anything they are returning to the way it was before the Avatar, with the spirits among them. With the difference that humans now have permanent bending, so they can protect themselves.

The Avatar isn't a divine being that must always exist. It's something that was created out of necessity due to something a human made.

True on that account, but given the many imbalances that only the Avatar was capable of redressing throughout the history of that world, I don't think that "the normal benders can do it by themselves" is a well supported argument. There are way too many weird imbalances which seem to happen regularly in that world, like Sozin's Comet.

If at all, I'd say that they may be changing what the Avatar is supposed to be doing in this new world Korra has created. But if they were to go after a "Avatars no more" storyline, I think they would have hammered that point more heavily by now.
Izanagi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #70 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:41 am »

To be honest, I don't know just what to think of these episodes. There was a lot I like and there were parts that I wasn't too sure of. Overall, I liked it. I was disappointed that only really Zaheer got any development out of the Red Lotus. Zaheer was definitely better than Unalaq or Amon. At the very least, he had a more of a motivation.

As to what this all leading up too, I think Korra is probably going to be the last avatar. Why do I think this? Beginnings shown that in the past, there existed a world without the Avatar. Whose to say that the world can't do it again? The world needs to able to stand on its own two feet without expect some miracle to save them. If the people of Avatar World are too truly more forward, they must do so on their own.

Anyways, looking forward to Season 4. Begs the question what they'll do for the fourth and final season.
Viteh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #71 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:41 am »

Also nice to see how an airbending master induction ceremony is like. It's beautiful. I wasn't expecting all of Jinora's head to be shaved. Kept thinking she'll shave just the front part of her head like Yangchen and all the other female nuns.

I think they have to shave her whole head to give her the tatoos. She can probably grow her hair back.
ryanhuntmuzik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #72 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:46 am »

I'm probably the one one who thinks this, but did anyone else not even realize what happened to P'Li until re-watching it? I was expecting a big sound effect of an explosion or even a big visual explosion, but I didn't even realize she pretty much blew up her own head until re-watching the scene because of Zaheer's reaction.
Viteh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #73 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:50 am »

True on that account, but given the many imbalances that only the Avatar was capable of redressing throughout the history of that world, I don't think that "the normal benders can do it by themselves" is a well supported argument. There are way too many weird imbalances which seem to happen regularly in that world, like Sozin's Comet.

If at all, I'd say that they may be changing what the Avatar is supposed to be doing in this new world Korra has created. But if they were to go after a "Avatars no more" storyline, I think they would have hammered that point more heavily by now.

They kinda have though, althought in a very subtle way.
Like someone was pointing out earlier, Korra hasn't done much this season. It's been the rest of the team who did.
Back in season 2, Korra defeated Vaatu as Korra, not the Avatar, with the help of Jinora.
I think Zaheer referring to Korra as the last Avatar was foreshadowing, and Raiko's line about needing the Avatar more than ever proves this even more.
Season 4 will be about the world thinking they need the Avatar and realizing they don't anymore.
HazieAsh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Aug 22, 2014 09:53 am »

It's more than likely that Ghazan and Ming-hua ARE dead, but bringing the mountain down and then protecting them with earthbending would be a really good way to fake a death to escape prison.
Wishful thinking though, I'm just not ready to let them go Sad
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: