Apr 30, 2017 09:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 126 (78.3%)
9 - 23 (14.3%)
8 - 5 (3.1%)
7 - 2 (1.2%)
6 - 1 (0.6%)
5 - 1 (0.6%)
4 - 2 (1.2%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 1 (0.6%)
Total Voters: 161

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [313] Venom of the Red Lotus  (Read 45883 times)
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #25 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:40 am »

If she hadn't been there, Amon would have run amok, Unalaq may have found a way to bring back Vaatu on his own and the spirits would still be separated from the material world. She definitely has had a big impact on the world.

If Mako hadn't been there, Amon would have defeated her. If Jinora hadn't bend there, Unavaatu would have won. She did absolutely nothing special, just stuff any other Avatar could have done, probably even better than her. Her ability to handle these problems was always rather lackluster (so to say), and each time, someone had to drag her out from the mouth of total defeat.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
magnuskn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:46 am »

If she hadn't been there, Amon would have run amok, Unalaq may have found a way to bring back Vaatu on his own and the spirits would still be separated from the material world. She definitely has had a big impact on the world.

If Mako hadn't been there, Amon would have defeated her. If Jinora hadn't bend there, Unavaatu would have won. She did absolutely nothing special, just stuff any other Avatar could have done, probably even better than her. Her ability to handle these problems was always rather lackluster (so to say), and each time, someone had to drag her out from the mouth of total defeat.

Well, if you insist on selectively quoting me, I think we can't have a decent discussion.
Molra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Stories are everywhere.

« Reply #27 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:47 am »

This was the best finale of TLA and LoK. I don't understand why others thought it was so sad though, Korra managed to survive and Jinora's a master

Edit: Also sorry for posting that thread in LoK forums

There is sadness but there is also, at least for me, a lot, I emphasize, really, a lot of a great perspective. The emotional state of Korra is just the beginning of the last quarter of her journey. For me, the main point in this finale is the highlight that it's all about the hero's journey, I'm just figuring out where Korra's is in, precisely, right now, what she is experiencing and what is coming next for her growth. It's really fascinating

"Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope."
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:48 am »

I was kind of expecting Zaheer's plan to be a bit more complicated than "Kill Korra in the Avatar State." He should have just called Azula...jk.

Anyway, the finale wasn't as emotion gripping as it sounded, but the fight scenes were pretty awesome.

One thing that puzzled me was...WHERE WAS KATARA?Huh? Honestly, her own granddaughter is receiving her master tattoos, and she never managed to get any ride to Republic City???

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:50 am »

I wonder where Katara was, why wasn't she present when Jinora officially became an airbending master?

edit: ninja'd
Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:52 am »

Wow. I never really like Zaheer as a villain until these two episodes, he really became more than just some anarchist. The only thing to do with him that I didn’t like was how they tried to make him go a bit crazy at the end  and have Bolin put a sock in his mouth, the humour in the series really does seem to be wrongly placed at times. (although I did laugh a tiny bit when Suyin was hugging Opal and Bolin pushed her out of the way to get to her).
The last few episodes have really shown why the show is no longer on Nickelodeon with the death scenes which just get more and more awesome. (Did anyone else feel a bit sad when Ghazan shouted that he wasn’t going back to prison before bringing everything down around him)
Surprisingly there were no good guy deaths. (funny considering all the speculation of Tenzin dying)
I’m very interested in who will be the main antagonist next season. Especially considering Zaheer was the only one in his team not killed (which to me suggests that he will come back next season in one form or another)

As for Korra herself, what is there to say really. She is really fitting into the title of Avatar. She is my favourite Avatar and it will be interesting to see what unfolds for her next season.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2014 10:12 am by Hand of Vaatu » Logged
Stress
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:52 am »

Finale is great.

Beautiful ending scenes... And I really like Jinora's character now. They nicely linked this girl with her great ancestor, and she must stay with her new aangish appearance. She looks wonderful.
I think this season was the best of both series.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #32 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:54 am »

Well, if you insist on selectively quoting me, I think we can't have a decent discussion.

Why? If you meant the "friends helping her is OK" part, then all I can say is that in Korra's case, the help she was getting usually overshadowed her own efforts. While having friends to help you out is a good thing, it isn't exactly a sign of greatness if you need them every time you want to accomplish something meaningful  Tongue.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #33 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:56 am »

Okay final episode, so Zaheer is go kill Korra in the Avatar state, that is a good plan in theory, execute it is not easy and did is slappory. First of all why blab to Korra your plan, just give her the posion and be done with it. Because Korra knows what he is planning to do, she is fighting to stay out of the Avatar state. Way to go you idiot. And when she is in the avatar state, the Red Lotus attack her to her face, the reason Azula was able to kill Aang in the avatar state was because she attacked from behind when he wasn't looking. Zaheer should have had him and his gang go behind Korra and kill her. And Jinorra sneaking on the plan, she is awesome. A great secret weapon for the good guys. And Korra sees her all of past villains, that was awesome. Amon is back for a moment, Unaloq and Vattu are back as well.

I laughed out lot at the whole ignoring Kai scene especially the part when Lin said not now kid. For some reason that made me laugh, it reminded me of Book 2 Lin, she can be closed minded. The whole get the keys from the guard that was hillarous. Heck I could give out posion, or whatever the exact words were. Just when things look bad, the other good guys show up, how could Jinorra know Lin was going to show up and earthbend at the guard at that exact time? Bolin learns to lava bend, nice little twist with a bait and switch with metal bending and lava bending. Well played.

We get to a one on one fights, and Mako lightning bends something he should do more often in a fight and kills Ming Hu, adding to the villain death chart, so far it just Hiroshi on the living side. Bolin meanwhile is fighitng Ghazan, and shows him he can lave bend to. Ghazan is impressed, I get the idea that deep down Ghazan if cirmstances were different would be a nice guy, I think that Bolin at least gained his respect. That was an awesome battle, wish Mako didn't have to show up and let Bolin win on his own, he beat Ming Hu by himself. Oh well. Ghazan commits sucide, though he was attempting murder / suicide, and another villian bites the dust. Zaheer must be next? Right? I think Ghzan and Ming Hu are spoken of attraction to each other is one of the 2 that Bolin got right.

Korra still weaken tries to put the best fight she can, but this time she needs helps to defeat Zaheer. That is a good twist, from the past, normally Korra beats the villains by herself. Zaheer like a bird, is awesome. I knew Korra wasn't going to die, but still Zaheer came close. In the end, Zaheer is captured? Not dead, I know Korra is not in good shape and not do much, I would hope she has enough strengh that I assumed she took Zaheer's bending. Zaheer with that power can not be imprisioned. Where would they put him? And Bolin putting a sock in him, I thought Opal is what really made it funny. Still thought Sokka taunting Ozai and calling him the loser lord is more funny moment of killing a bad guy when he is down.

The epiloque, we have nice Korra and Asamai and I am sure when Asami said "if there is anything else I can do for you" got some dirty thoughts. Ha ha. This is weird Korra even in victory defeated, and Raiku crawls back still kind of insensative, though I agree with him that Korra is needed to take away Zaheer's bending at least. And the tease there are other Red Lotus members in hiding, why do I think this is no different than the Equalist that are still in hiding, and well be forgoten, though an episode when Equalists and Red Lotus members team up, I would love that. So Jinorra gets her tatoos, and her beautiful hair is gone, but when she was under the clock and even after we saw her bald, she looked like Aang. She is defentely Aang's grand daughter. And I think all of Aang's gifted airbending prodogy that skipped a generation. Tenzin is still great and all, but I don't think he ever reached Aang's level of airbending, and Jinorra on her way to doing that. She is going to be better than Tenzin. Who else was disappointed we didn't see Katara at Jinorra graduation of sorts, and Zuko being there only added more disappointment, I want to see all of the surviving members of the original series reunited. Perhaps they are saving that for Book 4 when Toph appears. You never know? And the airbenders taking Korra's place as guardians of the world, that is nice, but except for Tenzin and Jinorra, I don't think they can fill Korra's show and even those two can't fully fill her shoes. So hopefully world katasophy happens in the mean time or else the world is screwed.

Korra really put a downer on this happy ending, but it nice to see not a complete happy ending. Well the Red Lotus emerge, and who was that metal bending lady that helped Tonraq, could it be Rava, or Bolin's next love interest? Great ending to the best Book of Korra so far, can't wait for the next one, hopefully Korra spirit will lighen up.

Great finale, 10 / 10
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2014 11:04 am by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #34 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:57 am »

Bolin pushing Su away was wrong on so many levels...

*watches on*

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #35 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:58 am »

^Didn't Mako shove Lin out of the way at the end of "Out Of The Past", it something about those two set of siblings that has those things happen.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #36 on: Aug 22, 2014 07:59 am »

My Thoughts:
-Who was the warlord that wanted P'li as a child, would it be someone we know? Also this proves that combustion bending is something that one is born with, it cant be learned.
-P'li's death was insane! When it happened i literally paused the video, and just sat there for about 20 seconds with my jaw on the floor. Bravo Bryke, that was excellently done!
-Kai's first appearance infuriated me. The NAT is going down in a molten disaster, Bolin/Mako/Tenzin/Asami are trapped and have nowhere to go, and Kai just shows up casually with a stupid look on his face "Hey guys need a ride!" .OF COURSE THEY NEED A RIDE!!! WTH MAN!! anyway that was my only complaint with Kai.
- I was expecting something a little more sophisticated with Zaheer's endgame. I  really thought that he would have an ulterior motive, something that we would not have seen coming. I guess maybe we all spent too much time trying to come up with our own crazy ingenious theories, that we pushed aside the simplest one. In the end all Zaheer really wanted was to make the world as it was before Wan.
-I think that Ming-Hua and Ghazan were toned down a bit here, realistically they shouldnt have lost to Mako and Bolin. I know that the plot says that Mako/Bolin wins, but i guess i just loved Ming-Hua and Ghazan too much to see them be outclassed by a couple of above-average benders.
- I would be lying if i said i wasnt a little bit disappointed in Korra's fights. I know that she was restrained and then poisoned, but all of book 3 she has sat on the sidelines. Korra was way overdue for some serious a$$ kicking, and it never really happened. Is having the hero completely overpower the villain too much to ask? I mean Zaheer had his moments all throughout book 3, the finale should have been Korra's time to shine, but Zaheer had her beat until the tornado (which i dont have a problem with) intervened. This kind of leads into my next point
- Zaheer was too powerful. I recently had a discussion with some guy who thought that Zaheer was a marty-stu. He exaggerated Zaheer a lot, and i was trying to bring Zaheer down to a reasonable level. But in the end this guy made me see Zaheer a bit differently. I mean Zaheer, a guy who has been an airbender for 1-2 months unlocks an ancient airbending technique that has only been achieved once by arguably the wisest and most gifted airbender in history? It just doesnt add up, but they had been building it up, so its not really a deus ex machina
-My eyes watered up during Jinora's ceremony, I have to go back and watch it again to really pay attention to Tenzin's speech, there were so many things going on in my mind at that point.
- WTH is up with Korra!! Asami said what, a few weeks had passed? and she's still in a wheelchair? This is not like Korra at all, she has certainly changed on a deep personal level (I believe that Rava and Molra were discussing the possibilities about the change of the inner-self, so good job you two!)

I really enjoyed the finale, it was great! My biggest complaint has to be that i was expecting certain things to be a lot different, but as a watch these two episodes more, i will probably like them even more knowing what to expect.

ATLA Keeps: The connection between the ocean and moon spirits, Katara being a worry wort

LOK Keeps: Korra's air glider, Ming-Hua's driving arms, Ghazan's lava shuriken, Jinora's mastery tattoos
magnuskn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:00 am »

Why? If you meant the "friends helping her is OK" part, then all I can say is that in Korra's case, the help she was getting usually overshadowed her own efforts. While having friends to help you out is a good thing, it isn't exactly a sign of greatness if you need them every time you want to accomplish something meaningful  Tongue.

And I disagree. Korra has always been the powerhouse of the group and the only one who can do the "big" things, like opening the spirit portal and, well, going into the avatar state. But she always (just as Aang) has relied on her friends helping her out.

I take my best example from Commander Shepard of the Mass Effect series. Yes, he is the biggest bad-ass in the galaxy. But he needs his loyal and capable team to help him on his adventures, because he can't do everything by himself. Korra is a hero in the same vein. She is the biggest bad-ass in the Avatar universe, but she can't win all the fights alone. She has a team of loyal friends and family to help her out.
Saturius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:07 am »

Are we sure Mako killed Ming Hua? I question it because this show usually does NOT show onscreen deaths. They all take place offscreen.  P'Li's did, Ghazan's did, the Earth Queen's did, etc etc.  I think he just knocked her out and Ghazan bringing down the mountain is what finally killed her.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #39 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:10 am »

And I disagree. Korra has always been the powerhouse of the group and the only one who can do the "big" things, like opening the spirit portal and, well, going into the avatar state. But she always (just as Aang) has relied on her friends helping her out.

She has been relying on her friends a little bit too much, and that's my point. Going with your Mass Effect example, you can actually solo the game pretty easily, but it is more convenient (and fun) to have a team. You won't have a fight where you can't proceed without someone covering your back, and you can one-man-army any opposition. That is pretty much how the Avatar is supposed to work, but Korra is slipping far and away from this, and I think at this point, she knows this. She considers herself a liability, and that should be pretty tough for her.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #40 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:12 am »

Are we sure Mako killed Ming Hua? I question it because this show usually does NOT show onscreen deaths. They all take place offscreen.  P'Li's did, Ghazan's did, the Earth Queen's did, etc etc.  I think he just knocked her out and Ghazan bringing down the mountain is what finally killed her.

If Mako didnt kill her, then Ghazan certainly did. If its true that Ghazan secretly loved her, then thats either ironic (he unknowingly killed his love) or very selfless (he saved her and himself from spending the rest of their lives in prison)

I was actually expecting Ghazan to surrender when he saw Mako, knowing that he must have defeated Ming-Hua, he would give up to try and save her

ATLA Keeps: The connection between the ocean and moon spirits, Katara being a worry wort

LOK Keeps: Korra's air glider, Ming-Hua's driving arms, Ghazan's lava shuriken, Jinora's mastery tattoos
Zulong
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:18 am »

I think some people are disappointed with the finale because they read the fake spoilers. IMO Korra hasn't been relying on her friends too much. Just a few episodes ago everyone was saying Bolin and Mako were useless sub-par benders. Asami was criticized for not having anything to do with the plot last season. Having fight scenes centered around them was good character development for the supporting cast.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:19 am »

So it wasn't what I expected, but the finale was great nonetheless.

I think far too many of us expected some well, though out plan from Zaheer and Co. but honestly, I wasn't bothered by the simplicity of it.

Really, if you follow what the RL stands for, you'd expect they want the Avatar killed... for good.

One of the only problems I have with this finale (and season/series as a whole) is the wrongfully placed humor. Especially with Bolin... I mean, seriously, Korra is seriously harmed and he goes up to a dangerous/powerful bender and literally puts a sock in his mouth... Just seemed like the wrong time to joke around.

Sort of reminds me of Book 3 AtLA finale when they were calling the Firelord names after Aang took his bending.. Just seemed... unneeded.

Alas, thats really my only cringe worthy complaint of the show. Overall I'd have to give this finale a 9/10 and this season a 9.5/10.

Awesome season, awesome villains. Just wish Nick ordered more episodes for each season.

Suyin BAEfong <3
magnuskn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:22 am »

She has been relying on her friends a little bit too much, and that's my point. Going with your Mass Effect example, you can actually solo the game pretty easily, but it is more convenient (and fun) to have a team. You won't have a fight where you can't proceed without someone covering your back, and you can one-man-army any opposition. That is pretty much how the Avatar is supposed to work, but Korra is slipping far and away from this, and I think at this point, she knows this. She considers herself a liability, and that should be pretty tough for her.

You are factually wrong. The whole point of Mass Effect 2 was that you need a team of ultimate bad-asses to help you on the suicide mission you were embarking on. You cannot succeed on that mission by yourself. At all. The point of Mass Effect 3 was that you need to pull together an alliance of the galaxies races to succeed against the Reapers. You cannot do that on your own, you need your team to help you out.

And she is not a liability. But if that is what you want to see, then that is what you want to see.
TyLuko4Ever
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the solution.

« Reply #44 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:26 am »

I'm so deeply saddened that the bad guys lost again. Great finale, though. Maybe even my favorite of all 6 seasons.

Hopefully season 4 the bad guy(s) will emerge victorious, though I know it won't happen.

Sig by Brush Bender
Keeper of: Ty Lee's "I know you" and Zuko's "Circus freak!"
My DA  My FFN
ryanhuntmuzik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:30 am »

So I guess Zaheer for the People's "quotes" turned out to be a hoax after all.

And now we know the "void" just means metaphorically letting go of your earthly body to be able to fly, and nothing to do with the Spirit World (entering, getting body trapped, etc). Am I right?

Also, Ghazan, P'Li, and Ming-Hua are dead, but Zaheer is still alive. I wonder what role he will play in the next book. Do you think Korra take away his bending?

I think it was President Raiko in the last couple scenes that said "Who knows how many of these Red Lotus terrorists are still out there." I'm wondering if that is foreshadowing to the next book. Just a thought.

Maybe we will see Xai Bau who turns out to be the real mastermind, than Zaheer. But also, I remember seeing that Bryke said each book will have its own plot and villain resolved by the end of the book, but the effects of Book 3's villains will carry on. I wonder if they will continue the Red Lotus anarchy theme, or what villain they have lined up for Book 4. Curious to see what everyone's thoughts are about this.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:33 am »

I think there was an interview long ago about how Korra's VA said she did a scene with Katara's VA. Do you think Katara is going to help her snap out of her depression? She's seen it happen with Aang so surely she will try to play a part in it.
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #47 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:38 am »

So I'm assuming that Zaheer was not able to let go of his earthly tether while P'li was alive, but after she died there was nothing else that bound him to the physical world, thus entering the void.

Sounds very similar to the last chackra (can't remember what its name was though) from ATLA. Aang let's go of Katara, boom Avatar State.  Zaheer let's go of P'li, boom enters the void

Hand of Vaatu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:40 am »

Geez, what's with all the people saying that Korra relies too much on her friends. One of the best things in this whole series is the idea that even the Avatar can't win alone, it also adds something to the villains on the show making them more than just cannon fodder.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Aug 22, 2014 08:47 am »

^I know, right?

Next thing you know people are likely going to complain about how Korra's being a drama queen because she in a wheelchair even though she'll likely walk again (they never stated that she's crippled). No. Just no. The venom harmed her physically and emotionally. This is not something you can bounce back on in a week.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: