Dec 11, 2019 08:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 45 (54.9%)
9 - 25 (30.5%)
8 - 9 (11%)
7 - 3 (3.7%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 82

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [309] The Stakeout  (Read 58750 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« on: Jul 08, 2014 11:20 pm »

Release date: 1 August 2014

Summary: Korra learns the truth about the group that is planning to destroy her.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2014 11:20 am by SMBH » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:08 am »

The episode has been released, watch it at your own leisure Wink

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:19 am »

Poor guys. They got their butts kicked.Sad they fought back hard though.

And we only have a part of the reason as to the motives of The Red Lotus. Still have no clue what they want with Korra if they do capture her; let's face it, they will. They will use Mako and Bolin as hostages to make Korra surrender.
Their point though, about the current White Lotus, was pretty true unfortunately.
And i said this in the R.L. thread, but I really think Su is plotting with them.

Lol when Aiwei was first tossed off the cliff, did any one else think "di-did Aiwei just...die?" Cheesy?
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 09:21 am by Solariz » Logged
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:21 am »

I thought Zaheer was originally going to snap his neck Bane style.
JayBee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:28 am »

I could hear Bryan saying his whole this about any  concept being taken to the extreme being a bad thing during this whole episode. I know a lot of fans are going to somewhat agree with what Zaheer said about the world and government but even in the Avatar world a society can only be built via some sort of organization. It's true that some leaders like the earth queen or Ozai can be corrupt with the power that they have but perhaps that is where the Avatar could come in to help enact reasonable change within the established society rather than removing it all together.

I do very much like how Unalaq was a member of the Red Lotus since it provides some connections between book 2 and 3. I am hoping that book four has some ties to this season in the same way.
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:29 am »

I was just laughing at how brutal it was;

"You're the loose end!"
- "wait, whut?"
* Get's flung off a cliff into an eternal prison *

Also, this moment is my favorite Naga moment. That tail-slap!

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:32 am »

I loved it. Book Change is amazing. Easily my favorite Avatar season of all time.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:36 am »

Wow. A lot has happened. As it turns out we were actually right about the new OWL being corrupt and that Zaheer wants anarchy.

The Queen has captured the girls and Naga is nowhere to be seen. She better not eat Naga because that would be just cruel on M&B's part. I think Korra and Asami will break out at some point because we've seen them being chased by a giant worm in the trailer.

I was right about the brothers getting captured. Now I wonder how they're going to get out of this because they are no doubt going to be the bargaining chips. Maybe Bolin will finally learn metal bending or they somehow make a break for it.
Storia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:41 am »

I wanna watch this! ~snip~ Sad
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 10:29 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:44 am »

In a close up of that sand worm chase scene, you can see there's a total of 6 people there. Two in the front look like bolin and mako. Not sure who the other men are. They probably own that sand boat.

NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:46 am »

This episode was kinda slow. But it was pretty good. Grin

yo.
JayBee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:46 am »

"You're the loose end!"
- "wait, whut?"
Wow.. You made that gif fast.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/8e857fa56b71598661169d18acc86772/tumblr_n9mphbixfN1s8ds9so3_500.gif

Anyone else having trouble with Nicks player? Any time I try to go to a certain scene but clicking somewhere on the lower time bar the player sort of resets and goes to that "and now more Nick!" thing. Its really annoying.

Please remove the img tag when quoting images next time. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 10:30 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:49 am »

If the Earth Queen kills Naga, Korra will lose control and outright murder her. Aang went Avatar State when Appa was stolen and he was a pacifist.
Prince Lu Ten
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Brave soldier boy Comes marching home

« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:53 am »

By far the best episode of the season and probably the best korra episode ever (obviously not counting Beginninhs).  The last 4 episodes are shaping up to be intense!

"Sometimes, life is like this dark tunnel. You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place."
- Iroh 2.20, "The Crossroads of Destiny"
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Aug 01, 2014 09:59 am »

If the Earth Queen kills Naga, Korra will lose control and outright murder her. Aang went Avatar State when Appa was stolen and he was a pacifist.

I"m now beginning to think the reason why Byrke threw in the possibility of the Queen eating Bosco was so he could freak us out on her eating Naga next. As a dog lover she better not!
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:06 am »

Spider Lin will save the day. Just wait !
Saturius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:08 am »

Anyone else having trouble with Nicks player? Any time I try to go to a certain scene but clicking somewhere on the lower time bar the player sort of resets and goes to that "and now more Nick!" thing. Its really annoying.

Make sure your ad block is disabled. Keeping it on makes things not work properly with the Nick player.

First half was kinda boring, bu the second half was great. I liked the Unalaaq revelations. 

I wonder if Korra, whenever she gets freed, will make a trip to the VOLS to get Aiwei. 

Annoying thing about this being online is whenever there is a lot of action, things tend to get really choppy on my end. As such, couldn't appreciate any of the bending going on in this episode. I shudder to think what will happen in an action packed finale. Ugh. Hate streaming.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 10:12 am by Saturius » Logged
MightyFire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:09 am »

Wooh, the hype!
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:09 am »

Enjoyed it very much. Got a nice plot dump, and now I'm curious to see how Mako and Bolin escape compared to Korra and Asami, given there is a pic of Asani already out there messing around with her cuffs.
Loops MK
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:14 am »

Well after watching this episode I can't wait for Raiko and the earth queens redemption so we won't have to see zaheer's motive get quelled by plot.

This city....
Lightningbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:15 am »

"You're the loose end!"
- "wait, whut?"

https://38.media.tumblr.com/8e857fa56b71598661169d18acc86772/tumblr_n9mphbixfN1s8ds9so3_500.gif

NNN-HAAA! LMAO that's probably my favorite part of the whole series right now.

Please remove the img tag when quoting images next time. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 10:30 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #21 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:17 am »

What an episode. I thought this stakeout was a lot better than the last stakeout they had, you know the one when they asked for the gangsters help and they betrayed them.

So Lin is now looking for Korra, and Suyan didn't drug her like I thought. I think she will bump into Tenzin and Tenzin will tell her she is wrong based on his new respect for Korra as an avatar and developping for the overprotective person he was before, though when it comes to Jinorra that might be a different story, and we could have used Jinorra this episode.

So Team Avatar are wanted fugatives by one country, just like the original Team Avatar in the original series, so that felt retro. But as tension felt the second half of this episode was, I loved the comic releif we had in the first half. I think we needed a breather a calm before the storm. Normally those are sperate episodes, but we get the clam and the storm in the same episode. But that is Korra with these 13 episode story arcs. I loved the Natok fans, I had a feeling those two were not bounty hunters, and speaking of bounty hunters, the bounty hunters in the beginning, they just let Korra and the others leave, they stink as bounty hunters. And the pai sho, I was laughing thoughout, right to the end with Pabu runing Bolin one chance of winning.

So we find Aiewi, things are not looking for him, and getting some of the conversation here, I think we can put Suyan in the clear now, as Zaheer was just rely on Aiewi, plus Zaheer goal, I don't think Suyan would be on board with that, especially with kids, she would not want Opal and those sons or hers to live in world of chaos and destruction.  So long Aewei we harly knew you, say hi to Zhao for us. Part of me actully feels bad for him, I am serious. Zaheer ain't playing around.

The battle with Mako and Bolin vs Ming Wu and the other guy I will get his name eventully was good. I knew Mako and Bolin was outmatched, I thought for a moment Lin was going to appear, but if their motives were not kill just capture than no one needed to make a safe.

So I guess Unaloq is a pain in the ass even in death, well if Zaheer has a grudge against Unaloq, just for the fun of it, he might target Desna and Eska after he leads the world to caos. A world with no goverment, there are real life groups like that, so way to play to the real world politics Bryke.  

And in the end, Korra and Asama are captured, I thought for a moment Asami lost her memories, but than it turned out it was our lovable Earth Queen that captured them. I know Zaheer is crazy and all, but I still support his take down the Earth Queen part of his goal.

Next episode, Ba Sing Se becomes a war zone again, and I am calling it, some of the Dai Lee are members of the Red Lotus. Just like her father before her, some members of the Dai Lee at least will betray the Earth Queen. I think the Earth Queen's reign of terror ends next episode, I don't know if the Earth Queen lives through the next episode thus the episode title "Long Live The Queen".

10 / 10 for sure. I can't wait for the next one.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 11:49 am by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:18 am »

I am fairly certain the Earth Queen will die. You have to raise the stakes some how. Anyway, this was a great episode. I was a bit unhappy that Korra was willing to blow her cover, but whatever. That was just a slight quibble in what was overall a good episode. I cannot wait to see how the Avatar and Guru Laghima factor into Zaheer's master plan.
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:23 am »

Anyone think Korra will be adapting some of Zaheer's philosophies by the end of book 3?

Edit: Mako, why you not use lightning? It's super effective!
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 10:26 am by mmoon24 » Logged
Lightningbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Aug 01, 2014 10:26 am »

Did anyone else think it was fairly stupid of Korra to get so fed up and just walk across the motel and burst in Aiwei's door like that? That really frustrated me off for some reason.

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: