Apr 26, 2017 12:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 45 (60.8%)
9 - 17 (23%)
8 - 9 (12.2%)
7 - 1 (1.4%)
6 - 1 (1.4%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 1 (1.4%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 74

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [305] The Metal Clan  (Read 36590 times)
The Shpee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #375 on: Jul 30, 2014 07:26 pm »

Eh for the most part, the damage these attacks have are usually plot induced. I mean half the time they don't even break a bone from earth bending attacks(other than Jet's internal bleeding), or even get burned from the fire bending.
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #376 on: Jul 30, 2014 08:21 pm »

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/atla/207/626.jpg
http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/atla/217/663.jpg

Dude please. Those are not identical attacks. Similar but not identical. Look at the size and the girth of the stone pillars.

I picked the wrong image.  The one Loopy posted is more appropriate.  =P

And again with the "When Extremes Meet" references? I love how you remember that Tarrlok insulted Korra and that it hurt her feelings; but then, you turn around and forget that Tarrlok attacked her first...an attack that was going to kill her.

He attacked her first, but that doesn't explain why she'd use lethal violence after disarming him.  She doesn't hold grudges over people trying to kill her.  She does hold grudges over people messing with her sense of self, which is what Tarrlok did.

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
sfgiantsfanmike
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #377 on: Jul 30, 2014 10:53 pm »

I have a friend who has a theory Opel is Lin and Tenzin's daughter which I don't understand why that would be the case. Tenzin broke up with Lin for not wanting children and she didn't seem like she was really talking to Su until Lin got to Zaofu. It doesn't blame sense for me to think that Lin gave Opel to her sister whom she wasn't talking to.

Good, I'm not the only one. Maybe I watched too much Crisis, the lead FBI (?) agent had a daughter young and let her sister raise her for the sake of her career. Much repressed emotions between the sisters and the daughter. Probably just projecting...
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #378 on: Aug 30, 2014 10:01 am »

If there is anything this episode convinced me, it is that Zaheer is a great schemer/pretender. He acted so innocent on this episode.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Tigerlord23
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #379 on: Oct 04, 2014 09:38 pm »

I have an issue with Zaheer being able to defeat Kya - a lifelong waterbending master - after only having had his ability a few weeks at most. It makes no sense. So maybe he's a fast learner...but that fast? I don't get it. Next thing he'll be taking on Tenzin and winning. It makes me mad, quite honestly. Same goes for Unalaq. He's an Avatar all of 10 seconds and suddenly he's *mastered* all four elements (I don't care if he had Vaatu in him - Korra has Raza[sp?] inside her), where Korra, once again, is a lifelong master of ALL of the elements, except maybe for air. Does this bother anyone else? And why such a glaring inconsistency in an otherwise brilliantly written show?
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #380 on: Oct 04, 2014 09:53 pm »

Zaheer was also a martial arts master, dangerous enough even without bending to lock on a mountain top guarded by half a dozen benders.

Unalaq only used waterbending when he became the Dark Avatar.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #381 on: Oct 05, 2014 01:34 am »

Zaheer was also a martial arts master, dangerous enough even without bending to lock on a mountain top guarded by half a dozen benders.

so the water was bending itself when he was trying to bust open the northern portal?

Awesome! lol

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #382 on: Oct 05, 2014 01:35 am »

so the water was bending itself when he was trying to bust open the northern portal?

Awesome! lol

That's not what I meant and you know it Wink

Try putting "Unalaq only used waterbending" at the end of the sentence.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Gyatso is Boss
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #383 on: Apr 17, 2016 07:12 pm »

Really like this episode. The intro to Zaofu was just breathtaking and it was nice to see the staue of Toph. And Kya Vs Zaheer was awesome.
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016 07:15 pm by Gyatso is Boss » Logged
Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #384 on: Apr 23, 2016 01:36 pm »

I have an issue with Zaheer being able to defeat Kya - a lifelong waterbending master - after only having had his ability a few weeks at most. It makes no sense. So maybe he's a fast learner...but that fast? I don't get it. Next thing he'll be taking on Tenzin and winning. It makes me mad, quite honestly. Same goes for Unalaq. He's an Avatar all of 10 seconds and suddenly he's *mastered* all four elements (I don't care if he had Vaatu in him - Korra has Raza[sp?] inside her), where Korra, once again, is a lifelong master of ALL of the elements, except maybe for air. Does this bother anyone else? And why such a glaring inconsistency in an otherwise brilliantly written show?
Smiley

Sig by guitarfreak
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: