Aug 20, 2017 01:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TLOK games from Platinum Games & Webfoot Technologies coming this year  (Read 119216 times)
Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jun 25, 2014 12:25 pm »

There's a Korra video game coming in the fall. You can also vote on three concepts for the game's cover art.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/25/platinum-games-the-legend-of-korra-coming-in-2014

http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/89872066974/big-news-were-working-with-platinum-games
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2014 09:19 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

...and to another ten!

« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2014 12:29 pm »

Platinum Games is developing? Ohmygod YES. Shocked

EDIT: Here's screenshots and a direct link to the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQEsTLcILs

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 12:34 pm by Ooze33 » Logged

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks,
and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
UnownLegend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thank you Returnable Memory for the set!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2014 12:33 pm »

could this actually not suck???

TyLuko4Ever
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the solution.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2014 01:17 pm »

^ People said that about the movie. Cheesy

Sig by Brush Bender
Keeper of: Ty Lee's "I know you" and Zuko's "Circus freak!"
My DA  My FFN
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2014 01:31 pm »

The difference here is that Shyamalan had a terrible reputation by the time he was given the reins to A:tLA, while Platinum is one of the best action game devs out there.  Wink  Not to mention the story's written by one of the A:tLA/LoK writers...

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2014 01:32 pm »

This game already has the distinct advantage of not being made by M.Night Shyamalan. Tongue

^Ninja'd.
Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2014 01:52 pm »

Not to mention the story's written by one of the A:tLA/LoK writers...

Not just any writer; Tim Hedrick, who wrote City of Walls and Secrets, Sokka’s Master and Beginnings Part 2!

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2014 03:13 pm »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/25/platinum-games-the-legend-of-korra-coming-in-2014

Announcement Trailer

Korra scribe Tim Hedrick is writing the story, which takes place between The Legend of Korra’s second and third seasons. As the series' leading lady, players will use the Avatar's fire, earth, air, and water elements in combat to fight familiar enemies such as Mecha Tanks and Chi Blockers, as well as other Benders in the 3-on-3 Pro-Bending arena.

A Webfoot Technologies-developed turn-based strategy version of The Legend of Korra will also hit Nintendo 3DS this year. Where Platinum's action game is all about fast-paced martial-art combat, the 3DS game will "focus on tactically maneuvering Korra and her allies on the battlefield."

With Platinum Games, a decent developer behind such games as Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, and Vanquish, developing this, and Tim Hedrick on board as a writer, I'm cautiously optimistic for this game.  The Avatar: The Last Airbender games were all crap, but they never had as good developers or any writers from the show behind them.  I'd love to have a decent Legend of Korra game.  I'm also intrigued by this turned-based strategy game being made simultaneously for the 3DS.

Not sure if this belongs here or in Wan Shi Tong's Library, but I figured it could use its own thread.
Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jun 25, 2014 04:09 pm »

Not only that, it is written by Tim Hedrick, who also wrote ATLA and Korra episodes such as City of Walls and Secrets, Sokka’s Master, Rebel Spirit, Beginnings Part 2,mA New Spiritual Age and the Republic City Hustle miniseries.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2014 04:37 pm »

They must be showing us the Ultra Hardcore Mega mega version ultra fighting because Korra's attacks aren't even tickling the dark spirits.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Funkybender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 2014 04:48 pm »

We’re working with Platinum Games

Yes!

on XBOX, Playstation, Steam and 3DS

YES!

Tim Hedrick, who wrote City of Walls and Secrets, Sokka’s Master and Beginnings Part 2!

YESSSSSSS!!!

My body will never be ready.  Grin

I voted for cover 3. The first is nice, but Korra blocks the logo. #3 includes all the elements, too.
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:23 pm »

Not only that, it is written by Tim Hedrick, who also wrote ATLA and Korra episodes such as City of Walls and Secrets, Sokka’s Master, Rebel Spirit, Beginnings Part 2,mA New Spiritual Age and the Republic City Hustle miniseries.

He also wrote Peacekeepers, but I forgive him for that. xD
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #12 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:28 pm »

Hmm...interesting. I hope it is actually good.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:37 pm »

Since Tim Hedrick's involved and this isn't just adapting the TV show's story but an original story set between book 2 and book 3, I wonder if the game will be canon to the Avatar universe.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:40 pm »

I'm sure it will. Why would they specifically set in between books 2 and 3 if it wasn't? Also, since the enemies are apparently chi-blockers, this might serve to completely close up the Equalist movement storyline.

What I am wondering is if the graphics will match the animation of the show. The trailer seems to imply that but then again, it is just a trailer.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 05:42 pm by Avatar Epsilon » Logged

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:42 pm »

Tim Hedrick finishing up the Equalist storyline?

Very well. Carry on.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:47 pm »

I am cautiously optimistic for this. Games based on movies/tv are usually not that good but the developer and writer have me optimistic.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:51 pm »

I'm sure it will. Why would they specifically set in between books 2 and 3 if it wasn't? Also, since the enemies are apparently chi-blockers, this might serve to completely close up the Equalist movement storyline.

What I am wondering is if the graphics will match the animation of the show. The trailer seems to imply that but then again, it is just a trailer.

IGN did post a few actual screenshots from the game as well.

One thing that's confusing me is that the article says that the story takes place between "Legend of Korra's second and third seasons".  However, didn't the 5 minute preview clip of the Book 3 premiere establish that Book 3 is starting just a few weeks after Book 2 concluded?  Not a lot of time to squeeze in a story like that.  There was a six month gap between Books 1 and 2; it would be much easier to fit in a story that wraps up the Equalist plot thread in there.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:56 pm »

^ Yeah, I saw the screenshots. It looks pretty similar to the show which makes me happy.

As for the equalist plot, why would they include chi-blockers if they weren't going to finish that storyline up? What has me more confused is that the trailer showed Dark Spirits...are they kinda gone now that Vaatu is vanquished?

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #19 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:57 pm »

One thing that's confusing me is that the article says that the story takes place between "Legend of Korra's second and third seasons".  However, didn't the 5 minute preview clip of the Book 3 premiere establish that Book 3 is starting just a few weeks after Book 2 concluded?  Not a lot of time to squeeze in a story like that.  There was a six month gap between Books 1 and 2; it would be much easier to fit in a story that wraps up the Equalist plot thread in there.

Nah, the whole video game is taking place in 24 hours. Games these days are short, and it's all just one offensive from the Equalists.

Man, I remember when the Ninja Turtles could brawl their way through Shredder's entire army in a single afternoon, including two separate stormings of the Technodrome.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #20 on: Jun 25, 2014 05:59 pm »

There could be missions based on episodes such as Vaatu's fight or Amon's, explaining the presence of Dark Spirits.
And are the equalists even existing now ? I mean, their leader was a bender after all.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jun 25, 2014 06:01 pm »

A lot of movies and television shows take place over a short time period. Did you know that most of seasons two and three of Yu-Gi-Oh takes place over a twenty four time period?

Anyway, I am interested in the idea, though it bothers me that we are going to have an Ashoka type situation where something seemingly important is not mentioned any where else in the canon, even though it was very recent. And yes, I know you scoff at the idea of a canon.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 06:07 pm by Colonel_Brian » Logged
Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #22 on: Jun 25, 2014 06:05 pm »

This actually sounds really interesting! Maybe this is finally the avatar game we've all been hoping for, lol.

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #23 on: Jun 25, 2014 06:06 pm »

The saddest thing would be that it's a bug riddled game with Korra moving in her reference pose, talking in other character's voices or even weird faces.
Do you think we'll be able to play as Tenzin, Mako and Bolin too or even villains ?

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #24 on: Jun 25, 2014 06:08 pm »

This actually sounds really interesting! Maybe this is finally the avatar game we've all been hoping for, lol.

Sorry, it doesn't star Aang. Tongue

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: