Jul 21, 2017 11:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 36 (46.8%)
9 - 25 (32.5%)
8 - 10 (13%)
7 - 6 (7.8%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [301] A Breath of Fresh Air  (Read 21340 times)
Esperaholon
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #250 on: Aug 13, 2014 04:36 am »

I can't help but think of Korrasami as a joke ship... because it began as a joke ship. The only reason people kept bringing it up was because "everybody" hated Mako and it would "serve him right" if those two got together and left him in the dirt.

So yeah... even if I could see it (and I can't) it would just be a joke... I don't know why fandom clings to it so hard... it's not like Korra is Asuka and Asami is Rei - that just makes sense.
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #251 on: Aug 29, 2014 06:27 pm »

Upon rewatching this episode, I still think it was amazing. It's easily the best opener in The Legend of Korra. Heck, maybe both series. The ending is a phenomenal intro to Zaheer. Zaheer has the best intro of any villain of either series.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #252 on: Aug 30, 2014 07:09 am »

The ending is a phenomenal intro to Zaheer. Zaheer has the best intro of any villain of either series.

I just can't help but violently tap my fingers on my desk when that drumbeat starts playing during the scene.

BAM bam-bam-bam, bam-bam-bam

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
TheXenoXenin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You know you want them.

« Reply #253 on: Aug 30, 2014 05:47 pm »

The ending is a phenomenal intro to Zaheer. Zaheer has the best intro of any villain of either series.

I just can't help but violently tap my fingers on my desk when that drumbeat starts playing during the scene.

BAM bam-bam-bam, bam-bam-bam

I thought I was alone.

JuDee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^Credit to INTJf

« Reply #254 on: Nov 18, 2014 11:39 pm »

Hmmm.... I had mixed feeling about the episode, truthfully.
It was wondrously and beautifully animated, as usual, I can't help but commend their good work again.

But... people popping up at random places for the sake of convenience, poorly-motivated set of actions... then, Zaheer. He did seem like he's not someone to take lightly, but I think there's a bit of faulty ends at how his voice actor conveyed his speech. Initially I was confused, who was speaking about what, because he didn't sound like he was chained there for years, no edge of raspy toughness you usually hear from people being imprisoned for so long with sparse chat partner. He sounded agile and alert, sorry, too... agile and alert.

But anyway... looks like the objective of the season is to look for other airbenders? Right... That sounds interesting. My hopes are high.

Keeps : Female Air Nomad's robe, Aang's Fire Nation school outfit, Joo Dee's official tour guide robe and The Day of Black Sun.
Esperaholon
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #255 on: Nov 25, 2014 07:01 pm »

I don't really get the complaint about people popping up at random places or having poorly motivated actions... like at all. Also I don't think a person needs raspy toughness, although Zaheer does have a sort of rasp to his voice. Also he is aglie and alert - the area is big enough for movement while his mind is able to enter the Spirit world... and sorry about that spoiler. So yeah.
JuDee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^Credit to INTJf

« Reply #256 on: Dec 01, 2014 02:25 am »

^Yeah?

Hmm, it would be quite troublesome to try to show where I'm coming from through an essay, so you can take it like this: I've been watching/reading/listening to too much stuff and sometimes I can't manage my expectations well.

Overall I'm respectful of this show, so don't you worry.

Keeps : Female Air Nomad's robe, Aang's Fire Nation school outfit, Joo Dee's official tour guide robe and The Day of Black Sun.
Yong Wing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a brand new sky to hang the stars upon tonight

« Reply #257 on: Dec 19, 2014 03:38 am »

Does anybody get the feeling, just through dialogue over this season and the way this ended, that perhaps Korra and Asami had (if they are indeed a coupe now) potentially BEEN a couple since somewhere in season 3?

Oh, man, this episode was a goldmine for queer readings. I mean, every part of their scenes together. Seriously. Every part. The music when Asami appears after the press conference? Queer as hell. You've got to open your brain to the possibilities. Cheesy

In light of "The Last Stand"...

... let's just say...

CALLED IT! Grin

Weirdly enough, the best part of the episode for me? A talk about relationships between Korra and Asami.

They each acknowledge they kissed Mako while he was dating the other... and they laugh about it! I blinked and was like, "Wait... No forced love-triangle angst?" And a light shone through my window, backed by an angelic chorus, and a voice said, "No. No forced love-triangle angst." I wept with joy, got on my knees, and praised the Lord! Grin

Although...

Is it just me, or did anyone else get some serious lesbian vibes from Korra and Asami? I mean... I dunno. For some reason, I was kind of expecting them to kiss. Then I shook my head and said, "Wait a minute. This is a kids' show. There's no way they'd do that." But then, ATLA has taken risks before, so... I dunno. I'm seeing hints of a possible romance between the two, but I'll be happy enough that they have this really nice friendship. Smiley

All in all, a 10/10 for me.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2015 01:47 am by Yong Wing » Logged

Sig by Sedai ^_^
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: