Aug 16, 2017 10:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Book] Avatar The Last Airbender: Legacy  (Read 16019 times)
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #75 on: Nov 01, 2015 09:16 am »

And lol at Sokka's inaccurate retelling of Sozin's comet. It was funny. Still nothing on whether Sokka married Suki. C'mon! =(

Actually, it is implied that they weren't together by the time the book was written. According to Suki's bubble, she is the leader of the Kyoshi Warrior, and she and Sokka were an amazing team together.

This was the logic people were using to argue that Toph was dead back in Book 1, though ("Hiroshi said 'not even your renowned mother could bend a metal so pure,' not 'not even your renowned mother can bend a metal so pure,' so she's probably not alive anymore"), and we all know how that turned out.  My guess is that the latter of the two things you mentioned was referring to the Hundred Year War specifically.

Well, at that point Toph was dead according to the show, though later turned out that she was very well alive. I mean, Sokka might show up in the TLOK comics, as he isn't any "deader" than Toph was back in Book 1  Wink.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #76 on: Nov 01, 2015 03:28 pm »

Or, it could simply mean that Sokka hasn't adventured since he took an arrow to the knee.

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #77 on: Nov 01, 2015 03:37 pm »

Based on what you about "Over 9000" in another thread, I thought you didn't know about the "may-mays", Loopy. Tongue

Glad to know I was right about Tui and La and get confirmation - even if it's what most people thought anyways.

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #78 on: Nov 02, 2015 02:09 pm »

Or, it could simply mean that Sokka hasn't adventured since he took an arrow to the knee.

Sokka hasn't gone on an adventure since he moved to the suburbs. Poor guy just couldn't find the time for Team Avatar shenanigans after he joined the Homeowner's Association. 

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #79 on: Nov 02, 2015 06:36 pm »

Based on what you about "Over 9000" in another thread, I thought you didn't know about the "may-mays", Loopy. Tongue

I'm aware of any meme that's at least ten years old, but sometimes I pretend I don't in order to cultivate more of a Cranky Old Lady vibe. Grin

That said, if you're referring to my posts in the Smoke and Shadows thread, the "whatever that means" was more about poo-pooing the notion of "power levels," not confusion about the meme.

Sokka hasn't gone on an adventure since he moved to the suburbs. Poor guy just couldn't find the time for Team Avatar shenanigans after he joined the Homeowner's Association. 

That said, the Association has really started getting things done since he started taking his machete to the meetings.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #80 on: Nov 24, 2015 06:12 pm »

I mean, Sokka might show up in the TLOK comics, as he isn't any "deader" than Toph was back in Book 1  Wink.

Not really.

Katara outright said Sokka was dead. Toph wasn't mentioned by name.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #81 on: Nov 24, 2015 07:29 pm »

By "gone," she just meant that he moved to Kangaroo Island.

TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2016 04:59 pm »

I was disappointed as heck when I was flipping through the pages. it's just a recap. Anyone who bothered to watch the show and read the ATLA books would know this already. Why wasn't this just released as "The Legend Of Korra: Legacy"? This would be a book better targeted to LoK fans who haven't seen ATLA. Why couldn't they just have released some short adult Aang and the gaang adventures like The Lost Adventures did? Are they worried that it would give away too many things? The only thing we got from this was that the gaang treasured Tenzin so much that they decided to write a whole book for him, complete with them hiring artists and all. It's kind of weird that Tenzin refers to Toph as an auntie despite him later dating her daughter. Oh, and apparently Zuko isn't very close with Aang's family despite them being best friends (which is very reasonable because he has a nation to run). I'm 100% sure that Tenzin passed this book down to his daughter Jinora, which would explain why Jinora seemed so well informed on Avatar Aang and his adventures (though that doesn't explain why she knows very specific details like where the Dai Li's old headquarters where located).

Strawberries, cherries, and an angel's kiss in spring. My summer wine is really made of all these things. Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time,
and I will give to you summer wine.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2016 06:12 pm »

Well, so far Aang and Zuko have tried to kill each other every time they've met since the cartoon ended, so yeah, I can see Zuko passing on contributing to a book for Tenzin.

TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2016 11:24 pm »

Good point. Imagine how awkward the Zuko's pages would be "Hey, Uncle Zuko here! I'm sure you know that your father and I didn't start off on very good terms. Well, I was actually sent by my father on a quest to capture him at first, you see. I never actually ending up ever capturing him. Your father was very successful at evading me." He would sound so f***ing antagonistic, lol.

Strawberries, cherries, and an angel's kiss in spring. My summer wine is really made of all these things. Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time,
Kairok
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2016 11:12 pm »

^ Well, at least we'd know the Fire Lord values honesty.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2016 12:07 am »

Good point. Imagine how awkward the Zuko's pages would be "Hey, Uncle Zuko here! I'm sure you know that your father and I didn't start off on very good terms. Well, I was actually sent by my father on a quest to capture him at first, you see. I never actually ending up ever capturing him. Your father was very successful at evading me." He would sound so f***ing antagonistic, lol.
Zuko was still fairly awkward at his old age, so it wouldn't be too out of character if he did end up writing in the book.
TheBeachandAzula
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2016 10:07 pm »

Zuko was still fairly awkward at his old age, so it wouldn't be too out of character if he did end up writing in the book.

"Ironically, I hired a guy with a similar ability to kill the Avatar myself. *Awkward silence* Didn't work". Grin Good old Zuko and his awkward timing.

doratchi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #88 on: Sep 03, 2016 01:44 pm »

This guy always write from the personal view of each character...and well, he is very bad writer.
Im happy that he is not in canon because The Earth Kingdom Tales were terrabile and this book is very basic too, it's just recalling on the series.

Maybe I would make one day a book on the real legacy of the best TV series ever
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: