Nov 24, 2017 07:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Book] Avatar The Last Airbender: Legacy  (Read 16491 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Jun 17, 2014 03:58 am »

Cover image of the book is currently a placeholder. You can pre-order this on Amazon.com.

Description:

Earth. Air. Fire. Water. These are the four nations that lived in harmony until the Fire Nation attacked. For the next hundred years, war raged across the globe. It was believed that all inhabitants from the Air Nation had perished. Then, a girl and her brother discovered a twelve-year-old boy frozen in an iceberg. His name: Aang. He is the Avatar, the master of all four elements. Together Aang and his friends went on to save the world!

Now a man, Aang looks back on these adventurous years—from being found in the ice to fighting epic battles to negotiating peace. This is Aang’s story, his mementos, and keepsakes. Avatar: The Last Airbender: Legacy is the collection that Aang passes down to his son Tenzin, who will one day be a master Airbender, too. Readers will relish Aang’s heroic tales and the posters, clippings, cards, and maps he gathered along the way!

I worry it'll be a retelling of the adventures in ATLA + the comics... There should be something new in this book? I don't mind a little photo of Katara & Aang at their wedding. Now that would be very sweet.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014 08:53 pm by SMBH » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2014 04:36 am »

I do believe it'll be most likely attempts to show the evolution of the ATLA world, which meant more factories and stuffs, firebender working with earthbenders and stuffs. I know that the comics are already showing it but this one will presumably show ATLA in 20 years or stuffs.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2014 06:47 am »

Did you know Tenzin had a brother and sister?
i wonder if they'll be mentioned...

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2014 07:38 am »

Probably some gifts he collected during his various trips :p
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2014 07:44 am by Solid Sun » Logged

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2014 10:34 am »

Hmm interesting. Hopefully it'll have some new stories within it and not just a full retelling.  Any mention of who the writer is? God I hope it's someone new/that worked on ATLA. . .. .

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2014 05:03 pm »

I'm hoping it's something like this, with artifacts like Aang's necklace from the finale, a scrap of glider wing, and Aang's wanted poster. Ideally, the book would be written as Aang's journal, with commentary by Katara, Tenzin, and Jinora, and maybe others.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2014 05:31 pm »

Any mention of who the writer is? God I hope it's someone new/that worked on ATLA. . .. .
*points to the picture itself* They're listed under the word "Legacy" and if you click te Amazon link as well, the info's there too.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2014 07:03 pm »

Any mention of who the writer is? God I hope it's someone new/that worked on ATLA. . .. .
*points to the picture itself* They're listed under the word "Legacy" and if you click te Amazon link as well, the info's there too.
Sorry... Im on my phone in a foreign country... The image didnt load.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Funkybender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2014 08:06 pm »

Hmm interesting. Hopefully it'll have some new stories within it and not just a full retelling.  Any mention of who the writer is? God I hope it's someone new/that worked on ATLA. . .. .

It's Michael Teitelbaum, who wrote The Lost Scrolls and some of the other tie in books plus lots of other content for Scholastic Publishing in the US. The illustrator is Lawrence Christmas, whose site I think this is: xmasarts.com/index2.html

I never read those books, so I can't comment on Michael's faithfulness to canon or writing ability, but at the very least he isn't a stranger to the material.

What I'm hoping for is a kind of worldbuilding "bible' or companion that could ease the transition from ATLA to LOK. Not sure how his writing will scale for the possibly more mature audience this book will get.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2014 02:20 am »

I'm kinda expecting this to be a general timeline of Aang's life. It probably won't go into details with new stories but it'll mention just some important events and what Aang thought of it.

I agree with Icy though. A Kataang wedding photo would be great! Or any Kataang thing...though I think that's kinda a given.
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2014 02:25 am by Avatar Epsilon » Logged

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2014 04:38 am »

^there will be oogies.

i am interested in Aangs famous parenting skills. was he really that far off the mark, or were his kids being really immature and unfair in the show?

and where was Katara while Aang was being a lousy dad? huh?

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2014 05:02 am »

^there will be oogies.

i am interested in Aangs famous parenting skills. was he really that far off the mark, or were his kids being really immature and unfair in the show?

and where was Katara while Aang was being a lousy dad? huh?

Maybe the Zutarians can tell you.

She was playing chess with Zuko, obviously.

Fat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2014 09:17 am »

There's some more info on this book by way of Morgan Bannon from avatarthelastairbenderonline.com.

He's apparently quoting the publishers of the book, who've told him that it will contain;
A fold out Fire Nation Family Tree, a pamphlet on mastering the 4 bending arts, a foldout map of the Avatar world and a newspaper clipping about the Fire Nation’s attack on the air nomads.

Not too sure what a newspaper clipping would look like 170 years before LoK but the promise of a contentiously canon Fire Nation Family Tree is very interesting.
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jun 20, 2014 09:23 am »

meh, i feel massive trolling coming up.

there are only a few gaps in between Roku and Ursa, and without backstory, just names won't mean much. likely that family tree won't even be on there since only ursa married into the royal family.

inside the family tree the only somewhat mystery is how old Azulon got to be. if they give us numbers at all. the rest is known, and LOK era additions shouldn't be on there since that hasn't happened yet, right?

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #14 on: Jun 20, 2014 09:42 am »

The ATLA artbook had many portraits of Fire Lords before Azulon that M&B never got to name. I hope they get named in this family tree.

colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jun 20, 2014 12:40 pm »

The ATLA artbook had many portraits of Fire Lords before Azulon that M&B never got to name. I hope they get named in this family tree.

Yeah, and maybe get the names of both Zuko's wife and daughter.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #16 on: Jun 20, 2014 01:20 pm »

It'll be great to see the world transform from ATLA to LOK  and Aang's thoughts on it. Maybe if we're lucky, there will be images and hints at the Gaang's lives later on.   

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jun 21, 2014 03:50 pm »

So, this is apparently delayed until spring 2015 now. Not sure how reliable this is:

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/96313/20140620/legend-of-korra-book-3.htm

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
razorstar90
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jul 05, 2014 11:07 am »

Jeez Aang you didn't leave a book for your other 2 kids. My god he really did play favorites. Hey Aang you do have other kids you know, Bumi and Kya remember them.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #19 on: Jul 05, 2014 11:44 am »

Jeez Aang you didn't leave a book for your other 2 kids. My god he really did play favorites. Hey Aang you do have other kids you know, Bumi and Kya remember them.

"Bumi ? Kya ? What are those, food marks ?"

razorstar90
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jul 05, 2014 11:51 am »

"Bumi ? Kya ? What are those, food marks ?"

Apparently. Aang probably forgot who they were too.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #21 on: Jul 05, 2014 11:54 am »

I'm cruel here, I doubt he forgot them. He left them some precious souvenirs too, maybe.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #22 on: Jul 05, 2014 03:41 pm »

Nah, Kya probably got Katara's souvenirs, and Bumi was just beaten with a stick when he asked if he could have something.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #23 on: Jul 22, 2014 07:05 am »

Apparently the release date for this book is pushed to next year. Aw.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jul 22, 2014 04:49 pm »

^Yeah, I posted that like a month ago.

It's a shame.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: