Mar 24, 2017 05:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Season three speculation from leaked Videos ( Major Spoilers!)  (Read 3667 times)
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jun 08, 2014 07:15 pm »

Hello folks!

After these leaked episodes have been released I thought it'd be best to make a speculation thread for that.

I've given a warning to fans who don't want to see spoilers, don't worry.

So let's speculate on season three spoilers eh? Pairings or plots what we've seen so far, have fun guy's  Grin

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2014 08:16 pm »

Moved to the TLOK Spoilers board.

This thread, like the leaked episodes discussion thread, is like a second-tier spoiler level kind of thing. Read at your own risk.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2014 12:56 am »

I am pretty sure that Su Yin's city is going to get wrecked or destroyed. The earth queen may push for a war, but will probably be ousted. The earth king during Kyoshi's time was very unpopular and the only way he was able to remain in power was because she helped him. This queen will not have the support of her subjects or the avatar, wouldn't it be cool if Su Yin ended up ruling the Earth Kingdom? Hey we saw what happens when a Bei Fong is given complete control of a city, might as well see what happens if one is given an entire kingdom.

Opal and Bolin will be an interesting couple, though it would be funny to see how Eska will react to her first boyfriend/former (forced) fiancé being with someone else.

I'm guessing Asami is going to be sidelined a bit this year. She did get a little more to do, such as going on that tax collecting trip with Korra and then taking part in freeing the airbenders by piloting her massive airship. However she still has a tendency to disappear from time to time, such as when we see Korra, Mako and Bolin going to check on Lin and Asami is nowhere to be seen. Though maybe she'll get her own romance with one of Lin's nephews.

edit: Does anyone think that a good portion of the Air Acolytes will leave Tenzin? They may end up leaving out of jealousy, considering all of these new people who never studied Air Nomad culture are suddenly airbending and then Tenzin may end up devoting himself to the new benders and neglecting the Air Acolytes a bit. I'm sure many will stay, just wondering if there is a possibility that many may also leave as well.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2014 01:24 am by luvavatar » Logged
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2014 05:45 am »

I think the four bad guys are the darker&edgier A-Team of the avatarverse. Airbender Guy probably has the support of... wait for it... Aang himself (that's why he is so good at airbending - he was taught by Aang through the spirit projection thing). The whole abduction thing might be Aang's emergency plan to save Korra from the brave new world. I mean, these four sure look like a fitting company for Korra and there is a high chance that they wouldn't have messed her up so badly than the others did.

Now, A-Team is on a mission to retrieve the Avatar (potentially by killing her so that they can restart the project with the next one) and bring down the current incompetent and corrupt world order.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2014 05:50 am »

^ I can't really speak for Aang, but nobody would be naive enough to trust the safety of the next Avatar to a creepy chick who had her arms cut off and uses waterbending tentacles, what looks to be a very brutal airbender, and a crazy chick with the same tattoo as the guy Zuko sent to kill him and his friends in the Fire Nation.

In the case of being in the company of these four or in the company of the White Lotus and her family, as well as Tenzin, Sokka and Zuko, I think Korra's better off with the latter.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
HaZardous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2014 06:10 am »

In either case though, here's hoping the ATeam's motive isn't something hackneyed or simplistic and is actually relevant and/or for a just cause. And also, the writers taking the time to develop it instead of revealing everything in the episode before the finale...
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2014 06:14 am »

I can't really speak for Aang, but nobody would be naive enough to trust the safety of the next Avatar to a creepy chick who had her arms cut off and uses waterbending tentacles, what looks to be a very brutal airbender, and a crazy chick with the same tattoo as the guy Zuko sent to kill him and his friends in the Fire Nation.

Remember that as they are now, the A-Team is after 13 years of brutal captivity. The waterbender for example had her arms removed by her captors (supposedly) so that she couldn't waterbend anymore. That's some next level dark stuff, so no wonder that they are so bitter and jaded. They probably looked a lot different 13 years ago.

And from the looks of it the A-Team was some sort of elite military spec-ops team so they could have been excellent for Korra as a growing-up environment considering her personality. Yeah, the Gaang was good for Aang, but Korra is not Aang.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2014 08:36 am »

If I were
I can't really speak for Aang, but nobody would be naive enough to trust the safety of the next Avatar to a creepy chick who had her arms cut off and uses waterbending tentacles, what looks to be a very brutal airbender, and a crazy chick with the same tattoo as the guy Zuko sent to kill him and his friends in the Fire Nation.

Remember that as they are now, the A-Team is after 13 years of brutal captivity. The waterbender for example had her arms removed by her captors (supposedly) so that she couldn't waterbend anymore. That's some next level dark stuff, so no wonder that they are so bitter and jaded. They probably looked a lot different 13 years ago.

And from the looks of it the A-Team was some sort of elite military spec-ops team so they could have been excellent for Korra as a growing-up environment considering her personality. Yeah, the Gaang was good for Aang, but Korra is not Aang.

If I were Zuko I would have constructed a massive secure underground prison beneath the royal palace, specially made for combustion lady, with her whole cell being a cooler, guarded by my elite fire benders. She would also be chained up. I would have her prison cell hung from  the celling by a chain suspended 30ft from a river of lava. If she ever attempted to escape, my guards would fire bend into a hands lot in the wall, which will detach the chain from the ceiling. I would have a special bridge leading to the cell that elevated and closed by blasting fire into a hand slot in the floor(like the fire sages temple). I would have also constructed a specially made metal reinforced door(as only way in or out) to  stop her explosion power. The outside of the cell door can only be opened by 5 simultaneous fire blasts to prevent anyone form breaking her out. I would have 2 of my elite fire benders guarding the out side. There would also be a lift that elevated up to the palace floor, with the entrance guarded by another fire bender.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2014 09:04 am by AvatarReiko » Logged

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2014 09:47 am »

If I were Zuko I would have constructed a massive secure underground prison beneath the royal palace, specially made for combustion lady, with her whole cell being a cooler, guarded by my elite fire benders. She would also be chained up. I would have her prison cell hung from  the celling by a chain suspended 30ft from a river of lava. If she ever attempted to escape, my guards would fire bend into a hands lot in the wall, which will detach the chain from the ceiling. I would have a special bridge leading to the cell that elevated and closed by blasting fire into a hand slot in the floor(like the fire sages temple). I would have also constructed a specially made metal reinforced door(as only way in or out) to  stop her explosion power. The outside of the cell door can only be opened by 5 simultaneous fire blasts to prevent anyone form breaking her out. I would have 2 of my elite fire benders guarding the out side. There would also be a lift that elevated up to the palace floor, with the entrance guarded by another fire bender.

All the things I've bolded in your description of your perfect Sparky Sparky Boom Woman cell were already in place in the prison she was being held at.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #9 on: Jun 09, 2014 10:11 am »

From the looks of the prison they made as well as the description of her powers, the northern tundra was probably the only place that was cold enough to really inhibit her Firebending. It's basically like the Boiling Rock but on a much larger scale. I think is was very clever of them to design the prison the way they did. She was held for 13 years without an incident so they definitely did a good job.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2014 12:41 pm »

^This. She'd probably still be there if Zaheer hadn't suddenly become an airbender. I can't wait to see 301 and 302 so we can see what kind of cells the rest of them were kept in.

What I find interesting is that the A-Team are compromised of a firebender, a waterbender, an earthbender, and a guy who very clearly had studied the principles and culture of air benders, even before becoming a bender himself (I'm thinking he might have been an air acolyte, and that's how Kya recognized him). Makes me wonder if they were planning to train little Korra themselves, for some nefarious purpose.
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Jun 09, 2014 01:11 pm »

^This. She'd probably still be there if Zaheer hadn't suddenly become an airbender. I

There is no way! Zahir was way to skilled to have just got air bending. The dude was going toe-to-toe ith Kya, who I might is excellent water bender. His aggressive and unconventional use of air bending was really something  Furthermore, he could use advance techniques such as astral projection

BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2014 01:30 pm »

Except Lin outright says that Zaheer is an airbender now, and Tenzin reacts with shock. I understand that things sometimes get lost in translation, but usually not central concepts such as plot lines.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2014 01:44 pm »

What I find interesting is that the A-Team are compromised of a firebender, a waterbender, an earthbender, and a guy who very clearly had studied the principles and culture of air benders, even before becoming a bender himself (I'm thinking he might have been an air acolyte, and that's how Kya recognized him). Makes me wonder if they were planning to train little Korra themselves, for some nefarious purpose.

There is definitely more behind the A-Team than "LOL, we wanted to kidnap the Avatar then do world domination with her!"

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jun 09, 2014 01:55 pm »

^This. She'd probably still be there if Zaheer hadn't suddenly become an airbender. I can't wait to see 301 and 302 so we can see what kind of cells the rest of them were kept in.

I kind of like this idea. Perhaps Zaheer was an acolyte who turned rouge for some reason. I am very intrigued as to know why they wanted to kidnap Korra when she was a kid. The fact that spent 13 years without a peep suggests that maybe there's more to it besides the fact Korra is Avatar. I don't think it's Vaatu because that story arc is done and bringing it up now would be redundant. There has to be more to it.
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jun 09, 2014 02:59 pm »

From what I heard they're not so much purely villains, as they are a kind of anti-heroes or wronged heroes, so it wouldn't fit if their purpose was 'for the evilz'.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2014 03:03 pm »

There is no real way to tell "what" they are so far. Some of them were held in absolutely inhuman conditions because of how powerful they are (think Tai Lung in Kung Fu Panda) and might be angry because of that, but their real purpose hasn't been revealed yet. For all we know, they will turn out to be just as evil as Unalaq.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jun 09, 2014 03:25 pm »

I am glad you mentioned Tai Lung, as that is exactly what I was thinking when they showed P'Li's [spelling?] prison cell.
Revan97
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jun 29, 2014 03:49 pm »

Here's my speculation. Sorry for the wall of text my forumfu is weak.

Four Masters Theory

Hypothesis: The fearsome foursome are former members of the Order of the White Lotus and were intended to be Korra's original teachers. A split within the order occurred when discussing the purpose and proposed training of Korra which result in the attempted kidnapping of Korra and the imprisonment of four masters. 

Explanation

Four Master:  Firstly there is the group itself as evidence to their purpose. They are four legendarily skilled benders who clearly have a history between them meaning they've known each other from quite some time and worked on past endeavors. What other group represents the four elements working together to a common purpose? The Order of the White Lotus who have always been shown as the nations and/or elements working together (fire, water, earth and air which is a mirror of the four masters).

Now four random benders might get together but what about their caliber of bender and the fact that there is one for each element. Including Zaheer who is perhaps the only other person in the world besides Tenzen who had an intimate knowledge of air bending combat. Add to that Zaheer's knowledge of a long dead culture, spiritual matter (harmonic convergence, quoting scripture) and we have to ask, why would Zaheer known that? 

He was taught the ways of airbending, the martial forms and philosophy behind them, so that he might be able to pass them onto the next avatar. His training began before Tenzen was born and persisted fully so that if Tenzen were to die the teaching could still be passed on. The other masters were members of the Order, along with Zaheer who was introduced to it by Aang his mentor. The four bonded while working in the order (Bro grip and romance) and eventually Aang died due to natural complications. At this point Tenzen and the three where chosen to be the masters of the next avatar, Korra.

Knew Korra's Location: Sure, they isolated Korra after the kidnapping attempt but the order of there white lotus were told to look over Korra by Aang before the kidnapping. It would be reasonable to say that most people wouldn't know where the young avatar would be. After all the last time that was the case of a genocide happened as a prelude to war. Thus I would state the knowing of Korra's location in and of itself speaks to them being members of the order as how else would have ready access to the knowledge of the Avatar's location. 

Zaheer Knew the Prison Locations: He never got the location of the other three prisons from guards and they make a point of showing him leaving. How could he know the location of the secret white lotus prisons unless he was a member of the lotus. Also, a common misconception is that the prisons were made for the prisoners. This is never stated in the show to the best of my knowledge and it would make sense that they're just generic prisons; one for each of the three main elements and one for a non-bender (high place no escape ). They don't have one for a airbender (there's only like 5 known) or we haven't seen it.

Guarded by the Order: Why would the order themselves be guarding the masters in secret. The avatar had been attacked before, for example by equalist, and the order didn't throw them into their own personnel hell. This suggest there was a reason for it. The first possibility is that they are simply too powerful for a conventional prison/government to handle. This is silly. Zaheer inherently has no special abilities that would make it hard to imprison him. They brought him out there to hide him away from the rest of the world but why?

Suppose that Zaheer is a former member of the white lotus, a secretive organization that has manipulated the course of history. Add to that the notion that the four master are traitors and important people within the order. Many people with ties to a conventional prison, such as the earth queen, would be interested in learning those secrets. I purpose that the isolated prisons made by the white lotus were done so not just to contain a powerful bender but to keep their secrets from being leaked to the outside word by traitors.

What information? Even something as simple as a membership list could be extremely dangerous in someone like the earth queen's hands. If she knew who the hidden members were, perhaps she'd imprison or kill them on treason charges. So to protect the order they had to imprison the traitorous master in isolation; hence secret ice prison that the water tribe leaders didn't known about until Zuko (a order member) told them. Probably because Korra's father, who is at the least an honorary member, vouched for them.

Aang's Apprentice: This was touched on in the four master but I'll just mention some of the supporting evidence real quick. Zaheer is clearly Aang's apprentice even if the rest of this theory is debunked.

1. Knowledge of a dead culture.
2. Knowing air nomad fighting styles.
3. Spiritual knowledge that very few would know about.
4. Tenzen's sister recognizing him (despite his haircut) after her suspicions were raised by him sneaking around. If he was Aang's former apprentice he probably knew his children including her.

Simply put, Zaheer quite possibly is the only person alive who knows all of these things. I'm not exaggerating. Not even Tenzen didn't know about harmonic convergence but Zaheer did. I'm thinking Aang knew about HC and told Zaheer and a few others (fire sage lady knew about it) who he trusted.

Zaheer's Plan: So what was their plan and why would members of the order fight one another? I believe this is a much more mundane matter compared to the last session. The avatar is the most powerful single human being and people seek to control it. If the avatar agrees with you then you will most likely win a fight or argument. I believe that the reason for the split was that Zaheer disagreed with how he thought the avatar should be raised and what her purpose would be. Perhaps he wished for Korra to be a weapon of the lotus who he saw as the wisest men and women in the land. Thus the elder members, the other three Zuko Tenzen and Sokka, became divided into two camps.

This is consistent with why he sought to kidnap Korra in the past but now seeks to destroy her. As a child she would be mailable to their influence and with her power they'd be able to do as they like and bring order to the world. Remember Zaheer and the others believe their cause to be noble. Now that Korra has grown up she has to be killed so the cycle can continue and a new avatar can be born. Then Zaheer and the other three can train a new child as their personnel WMD.

His plan is mainly a wildcard but this is my best guess at the moment. *insert tinfoil joke here*
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Jul 03, 2014 01:15 am »

From what I've heard, Book 3 may not end with the conflict completely resolved, with it directly leading into Book 4. Have any of you guys heard this supposed news?
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jul 03, 2014 01:51 am »

I know the bryke has stated that each book will have their own villain, but I kinda feel these 4 baddies will still be around. I hope they will anyway Smiley
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #21 on: Jul 03, 2014 02:07 am »

I think I said it in another thread but I think the Earth Queen will be the villain for Book 4. The Fearsome Foursome are the more immediate threat so I could see them being down away with at the end of the season. I feel they are building up the Queen this season to be the main (and final) villain of the series.

And since she is not the main villain for this Book, her being Book 4's villain won't break the "different villain per season" rule. Yet at the same time, Books 3 and 4 will have a connected story. Maybe this Book ends with Korra temporarily out of action (like Aang between seasons 2 and 3) while the Earth Queen is poised to start war against the UR.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jul 03, 2014 02:30 am »

^i definitely agree with the "Korra out of action" between seasons 3 & 4 while someone starts the shenanigans afoot thing.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2014 04:58 am by Solariz » Logged
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jul 03, 2014 02:58 am »

I think it the book will end with Zaheer and his cohorts being de-bended by Korra

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jul 03, 2014 08:15 am »

I think I said it in another thread but I think the Earth Queen will be the villain for Book 4. The Fearsome Foursome are the more immediate threat so I could see them being down away with at the end of the season. I feel they are building up the Queen this season to be the main (and final) villain of the series.

And since she is not the main villain for this Book, her being Book 4's villain won't break the "different villain per season" rule. Yet at the same time, Books 3 and 4 will have a connected story. Maybe this Book ends with Korra temporarily out of action (like Aang between seasons 2 and 3) while the Earth Queen is poised to start war against the UR.

I can see her being the villain for Book 4 it would be too weird to drop her arc right after you build her up into this bitter woman who only cares about her possessions than she does with people. She is clearly planning something and by the time we get back to her, she'll likely set her plan into motion.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: