Nov 21, 2019 12:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaked episodes discussion  (Read 140057 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1125 on: Jul 01, 2014 05:41 pm »

What's your definition of 100% canon proof?

One example, and one example only. Did you think Amon was a non bender, until the show showed otherwise?

No, I thought he was a mystery, and assuming anything about him would be playing into the author's trap.

As opposed to the authors putting the dialogue, "It's not magic, it's Bending!" into the first thirty seconds of the first episode of an entire franchise as a method of definitive worldbuilding.

HaZardous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1126 on: Jul 02, 2014 12:07 am »

However the men in Zuko's family tend to live long lives and are in fairly good shape up until their deaths. Plus he lived through the comet and that was said to boost Sozin's lifespan, considering he looked like he was on death's door at 70 and managed to live another 30+ years. I'd say that it makes sense Zuko didn't become a master, that's not him. He's someone who while not a master will never give up and will always fight, it's his determination that makes him great.

Sure they live long, but we can't say if they're still able to fight well. We don't see Sozin or Azulon actually fight at 90+ years old.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1127 on: Jul 02, 2014 01:05 am »

Well Zuko is still in great shape at nearly 90, considering that he's able to outrun the twins, take a boulder to the chest and recoup faster than everyone else present. I'd say that his age didn't really hinder him too much, so I think him getting defeated easily is more on him NOT becoming this extremely powerful master and more on him still being the same person he always was. Someone who will fight against all odds no matter what.
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #1128 on: Jul 02, 2014 01:18 am »

To be honest, he's old.

But did that ever stop Bumi... who was still kicking serious ass at 112? Wink

We both know Zuko was defeated because the plot demanded it, but they could of done better with how he held his ground until his inevitable defeat. Then again, they're on a 22 minute timeframe.

I agree, when someone is still kicking ass at his age, he should have put up a better fight. Sure, plot wise he needed to lose anyway, but so easily? I am not amused. Tongue

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1129 on: Jul 02, 2014 02:25 am »

Since when has Zuko ever won a fight easily though?

He doesn't really win a lot to be honest and when he does, it's usually a struggle.

I've personally have never thought of him becoming a very powerful bender that will kick ass well into old age. It is Zuko's persistence that makes him dangerous.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #1130 on: Jul 02, 2014 02:40 am »

^ Isn't he still persistent though?

I don't we can write him off just yet.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #1131 on: Jul 02, 2014 03:29 am »

Not to mention that Zuko himself admitted that he wouldn't have much chance against the members of the A-Team as "Individually, they can take down any bender."

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1132 on: Jul 02, 2014 03:54 am »

That's a good point... but still. Ghazan beat him with nothing but head-on, basic attacks, and he didn't even have the regular "resources" of earthbenders, he had to bring his own rocks!
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2014 04:00 am by Sannom » Logged
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1133 on: Jul 02, 2014 05:35 am »

That's a good point... but still. Ghazan beat him with nothing but head-on, basic attacks, and he didn't even have the regular "resources" of earthbenders, he had to bring his own rocks!

Everyone knows you can't trust domestic machinery.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1134 on: Jul 02, 2014 06:14 am »

^ I think they could have done better had it not been for Zuko's dragon practically giving P'Li her recharge. I am so surprised that Zuko's dragon was able to wistand P'Li's attack. She fired he explosion at point blank and Zuko's dragon flew away unscathed

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1135 on: Jul 02, 2014 07:42 am »

I don't think the dragon flew away unscathed, it looked like it started going down the smoke from the explosion kind of obscured what happened to it.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1136 on: Jul 02, 2014 08:10 am »

He doesn't really win a lot to be honest and when he does, it's usually a struggle.

I've personally have never thought of him becoming a very powerful bender that will kick ass well into old age. It is Zuko's persistence that makes him dangerous.

Azula's last stand.
She has excuses but she was being clearly overwhelmed by Zuko.
Also, Zuko's failure here can be translated by his old age. Yes, old people kick rear ends like crazies in this world but they probably can't take much hits.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2014 08:14 am by Solid Sun » Logged

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1137 on: Jul 02, 2014 09:21 am »

Zuko's failure here can be translated by his old age. Yes, old people kick rear ends like crazies in this world but they probably can't take much hits.
Not to mention that Zuko himself admitted that he wouldn't have much chance against the members of the A-Team as "Individually, they can take down any bender."

Both issues are part of why he was beat up so easily.

Now I want a flashback even more, seeing how it was able to defeat A Team 13 years ago. It was 13 years, yes? Also, I so would <B to see how enlightened Toph and 105 year old Bumi (not Bumi the 2nd) would fare against the A Team. I am quite sure Toph will at one point or another encounter at least one of A Team... Why else tell us in book 3 about her whereabouts and that she most probably is still alive?
(And original Bumi sadly won't happen, Azula might be a time and space bender, but she could not bend Bryke to make such plot turns... xD)

Also, Korra. AFAWK (As Far As We know) she was the first to battle a human/Vaatu combo, and she displayed bending skills (giant blue Korra and such) the likes we never saw previously.

All the more that unconscious!Korra in her Lover's arms (=Asami Kiss) so shouts A-Team... Who else would be able to get Korra out cold?
Unless we do have a traitor. Like Sifu Kisu said, big twist in the last 2 chapters...  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2014 09:24 am by Rava » Logged

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
The Shpee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1138 on: Jul 02, 2014 06:13 pm »

I don't remember anyone being fine after taking a hit like Zuko did both in previous seasons of Korra and in ATLA.
Prince Lu Ten
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Brave soldier boy Comes marching home

« Reply #1139 on: Jul 03, 2014 07:28 am »

Is anyone else kind of confused with the way they are pairing the episodes off?  I mean it makes sense to do 2 at a time but it seems like they are doing the wrong 2.  Wouldn't it have been better to put 3 and 4 together (Ba Sing Se arc) and then 5 and 6 together (Metal Clan and Lin arc)

"Sometimes, life is like this dark tunnel. You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place."
- Iroh 2.20, "The Crossroads of Destiny"
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1140 on: Jul 03, 2014 07:56 am »

Well, at least they'll retain the cliffhangers this way Wink

Or maybe episodes 6-7, 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13 fit together better.
Also, that way they can continue airing two-parters untill the season ends, rather than having one left over.

I thought this tumblr poster had a pretty neat take on airing 2 episodes at once as well;
http://avatati.tumblr.com/post/90604546474/leafo-flameo-im-really-excited-to-hear

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Prince Lu Ten
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Brave soldier boy Comes marching home

« Reply #1141 on: Jul 03, 2014 09:11 am »

The cliffhangers thing is a stupid excuse imho.  It just doesn't make sense to break up flow and story arcs in exchange for cheap cliffhangers.  For example having all of the Zuko in the North Pole and all of the Ba Sing Se arc in a two parter flows much better than breaking them up. Likewise having Lin's big character arc in back to back episodes works much better than pairing them off with different ones.

I hope you are right about the remaining episodes fitting together better this way.  But for me it just feels too much like incompetency from Nick as opposed to strategic planning.

"Sometimes, life is like this dark tunnel. You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place."
- Iroh 2.20, "The Crossroads of Destiny"
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1142 on: Jul 03, 2014 09:32 am »

It's a season with an uneven number of episodes, so they probably did this so that the schedule lined up with the number of episodes. Every 2 episodes of LoK lined up with eachother thematically, so that might continue, with a 3-ep arc finale.

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1143 on: Jul 03, 2014 09:46 am »

^I can see them doing a 3 episode finale since there is an odd number this season (13 episodes) followed by the fact Nick is just rushing it out.
Storia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1144 on: Jul 03, 2014 11:43 am »

I think no, they already did that on the debut airing, if they'll do that it'll be like 3+2+2+2+1+3 which is weird because before the finale it's only an episode airing, not like the other airings
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1145 on: Jul 03, 2014 12:06 pm »

I think no, they already did that on the debut airing, if they'll do that it'll be like 3+2+2+2+1+3 which is weird because before the finale it's only an episode airing, not like the other airings

Airing episodes 5 and 6 would have been perfect. Its kind of a two parter and it covers Lin's character ark. Ending it one episode 5 would be a big cliff hanger

nelumbo52
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1146 on: Jul 03, 2014 12:58 pm »

This can go on the official translation board after the episode airs.

reads: 出塵世羈絆,入虛無如風 (出尘世羁绊,入虚无如风).

出 - leave, go away from
塵世 - current reality, the mortal world (has Buddhist/Taoist connotations, especially in contrast with religious views of an idealized state of existence)
羈絆 - trappings, restrictions

入 - enter, go into
虛無 - emptiness, void (Taoist connotations)
如 - as, in the manner of
風 - wind

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1147 on: Jul 03, 2014 01:18 pm »

Yep. I don't think I expressed myself that well. In the past Bryke has generally gone with every 2 episodes fitting together fairly well (either thematically, in terms of plot, or being an actual 2-parter), such as Welcome to Republic City and Leaf in the wind, or The revelation and voice in the night, or spirit of competition and And the winner is... This tumblr post summarized it for the entire series; Tumblr post

This has held true for book 3 so far as well. Episodes 1-2 fit together. Episodes 3-4 are the Ba Sing Se arc. Episodes 5-6 are the metal clan arc. If this continues, the last 3 episodes will probably be the finale arc, with 1 of those 3 being aired one week, and the remaining 2 the next.

Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1148 on: Jul 03, 2014 03:47 pm »

Well, at least they'll retain the cliffhangers this way Wink

I wanted to say the very same, and then realized you beat me to it...

Yes, that's how I see it as well... and they most probably also want the already leaked chapters to be out as quick as possible... Was at the beginning of any book of ATLA or TLOK ever an airing of 3 chapters, or is that a 1st?

yours Rava

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1149 on: Jul 03, 2014 04:15 pm »

I thought this tumblr poster had a pretty neat take on airing 2 episodes at once as well;
http://avatati.tumblr.com/post/90604546474/leafo-flameo-im-really-excited-to-hear

This is why I don't mind Nick airing two episodes a night. Whoever posted that nailed it.

Although I do agree that they seem to be pairing off the wrong two episodes...

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: