Nov 19, 2019 09:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaked episodes discussion  (Read 139971 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1100 on: Jun 30, 2014 05:27 pm »

Katara explicitly said there was a difference between magic and Bending.

Katara said that bending was no magic, not that there was a difference between magic and Bending. That's not the same...

Yes, it is. If Bending is not magic, and magic is not Bending, then there must be a difference. Otherwise, the classifications are completely arbitrary.

Loopy, I disagree with your arguments and am not convinced whatever you say... Tongue
You sure still can keep on saying the same stuff over and over again, but for me that part of discussion is EOT.

I'm just trying to figure out what you actually disagree with. Because it sounds like you're disagreeing with the canon events and explanations.

That's a step beyond "headcanon" and is usually labeled as "wrong" or "misinformed." Tongue

Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #1101 on: Jun 30, 2014 05:42 pm »

I'm just trying to figure out what you actually disagree with. Because it sounds like you're disagreeing with the canon events and explanations.

I am just interpreting some stuff differently than you, like I said on multiple occasions. If you want to call my choice in that  "wrong" or "misinformed", feel free to do so. We have at most parts no 100% canon proof, either in the one, or in the other way interpreting stuff. Too much is unknown or left uncertain by the creators.

Well, I believe that if someone is asking such question in the leaked episodes discussion thread, I guess he/she is aware that spoiler is the key word here...
In this sense, I think it's safe to say that it is possible that Toph may be alive.
I personally think that this likability may be either Bryke trolling us or things will be left in this quantum way,  I mean, as just a possibility (unless it becomes relevant to the plot that this subject has to be addressed).

Indeed.... it was told in the 1st chapter in the metal city ("The Metal Clan"), that one day Toph vanished and went on long journey, seeking spiritual enlightenment, and was not heard of for years.
So, it is uncertain what happened to her. But unlikely that with a character of Toph, the embodiment of hard boiled and hard to kill, that they would just let her go and vanish like so...
I think she will be back, either in the final chapters of Book Change, or in book 4...

Unless they want her story to be told in a TLOK comic by dark horse....

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1102 on: Jun 30, 2014 05:54 pm »

I am just interpreting some stuff differently than you, like I said on multiple occasions. If you want to call my choice in that  "wrong" or "misinformed", feel free to do so. We have at most parts no 100% canon proof, either in the one, or in the other way interpreting stuff. Too much is unknown or left uncertain by the creators.

What's your definition of 100% canon proof? Because lots of informed characters have weighed in on the matter and expositioned the exact opposite of what you're espousing, indicating creator intent. The way you're going, nothing is 100% canon proof because anything other than an All Seeing Diety can theoretically be wrong.

Which is the textbook definition of Reading Against the Text, and doesn't have any place in worthwhile discussion.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2014 06:15 pm by Loopy » Logged

Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1103 on: Jun 30, 2014 06:14 pm »

From the non-spoilers threads :

I loved these episodes, and everything is turning out well so far. I just hope that the last prisoner isn't broken out to easily, so that the four protecting her don't look weak or get killed in some way, especially Zuko.

This is almost sad.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1104 on: Jun 30, 2014 10:58 pm »

Zuko didn't really become this extremely powerful master and his age is NOT really an excuse, considering that the men in his family tend to live long and stay strong up until their deaths. However I like that he didn't, he got older and presumably wiser, but what we saw of Zuko is still pretty much the same. He went into that fight knowing he is greatly outmatched, but he still fights back anyway. It's pretty cool that 70 years later he retains the never give up attitude he had and that's what has always been his greatest strength.
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #1105 on: Jul 01, 2014 02:04 am »

What's your definition of 100% canon proof?

One example, and one example only. Did you think Amon was a non bender, until the show showed otherwise?

Zuko didn't really become this extremely powerful master and his age is NOT really an excuse, considering that the men in his family tend to live long and stay strong up until their deaths. However I like that he didn't, he got older and presumably wiser, but what we saw of Zuko is still pretty much the same. He went into that fight knowing he is greatly outmatched, but he still fights back anyway. It's pretty cool that 70 years later he retains the never give up attitude he had and that's what has always been his greatest strength.

I just wonder, why did he not bring with him more enforcement troops? More elite benders?

I loved these episodes, and everything is turning out well so far. I just hope that the last prisoner isn't broken out to easily, so that the four protecting her don't look weak or get killed in some way, especially Zuko.

This is almost sad.

This is sad...

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1106 on: Jul 01, 2014 02:12 am »

Plus, if zuko took down all the new baddies on his own, well then this season would kinda suck >_>
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1107 on: Jul 01, 2014 02:15 am »

I just wonder, why did he not bring with him more enforcement troops? More elite benders?

They'd just get in the way Cheesy He probably didn't have time to bring any, or room on his dragon.

Plus, animating extra mooks is time consuming Cheesy

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1108 on: Jul 01, 2014 02:25 am »

This is almost sad.

This is sad...

I'm assuming that means Zuko and co. get their butts whooped?

Eh, Zuko was always kinda getting his butt whooped so I guess this is just carrying on that tradition. Cheesy

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1109 on: Jul 01, 2014 02:35 am »

At least he got back up faster than Tonraq.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1110 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:05 am »

Well Zuko got hit by a rock and Tonraq was almost blown up by Combustion Woman. I'd say he took the harder hit, though of course Zuko was able to recoup faster. Boulders to Zuko are what bullets are to Sterling Archer.
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1111 on: Jul 01, 2014 12:59 pm »

Plus, if zuko took down all the new baddies on his own, well then this season would kinda suck >_>

He probably did not have time to mobilise the fire nation forces. Since he is no longer FL, he would have needed his daughters authorization to mobilise the troops and ship them out. From the moment Zaheer and Ghazan broke Ming Hua out, he was on the clock. He  had to get to P'Li before they did, and remember, he still had to fly all the way down to the south to get Tanraq and go to the north.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 01:02 pm by AvatarReiko » Logged

Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1112 on: Jul 01, 2014 02:29 pm »

I'm assuming that means Zuko and co. get their butts whooped?

Eh, Zuko was always kinda getting his butt whooped so I guess this is just carrying on that tradition. Cheesy
Eska and Desna also finally get to show off their iceberg-level skills (seriously, the best bending of their party in that fight), and are taken down instantly. If I were the writers, I would be embarrassed.
johnf12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1113 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:07 pm »

Eska and Desna did a pretty good job of defending themselves. Their moves were epic, but Zuko was kinda taken down like a little b-word. I understand why he needed to lose, but I thought they could of done a better job of holding his ground like they did with Eska and Desna.

Old!Zuko just threw some fireballs and dodged a few a boulders until he was hit in the stomach and taken down. Better than the average mook firebender, but still pretty poor for someone who should be an epic firebending master at this point.... meh, I guess we can chalk it up to him being Zuko.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1114 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:13 pm »

To be honest, he's old.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
johnf12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1115 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:17 pm »

To be honest, he's old.

But did that ever stop Bumi... who was still kicking serious ass at 112? Wink

We both know Zuko was defeated because the plot demanded it, but they could of done better with how he held his ground until his inevitable defeat. Then again, they're on a 22 minute timeframe.
Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1116 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:29 pm »

But did that ever stop Bumi... who was still kicking serious ass at 112? Wink
To be fair, Bumi is definitely an outlier. And Zuko here has something like twenty years on the rest of the Order of the White Lotus.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1117 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:35 pm »

More like ten on pakku and closer to 25 on the rest. However the men in Zuko's family tend to live long lives and are in fairly good shape up until their deaths. Plus he lived through the comet and that was said to boost Sozin's lifespan, considering he looked like he was on death's door at 70 and managed to live another 30+ years. I'd say that it makes sense Zuko didn't become a master, that's not him. He's someone who while not a master will never give up and will always fight, it's his determination that makes him great.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1118 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:42 pm »

Is the fight at least good though? I haven't seen it but I'm expecting it to be pretty big.

Or is it over in under 30 seconds?

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1119 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:50 pm »

The actual fight is about 2.5 minutes.

To put that in perspective, that's about the same length as Zaheer's escape scene (including dialogue).

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1120 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:52 pm »

I have to say one thing, I like some of the dialogue and voice acting from the Spanish dubs better. Such as when Kai says "Me encanta Ba Sing Se" or one of the earthbending twins yelling "Vamos Mama!", plus I really like Su Yin's voice.
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1121 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:55 pm »

They did a pretty good job on the Spanish dub; they generally picked solid voices. While I am getting used to Zaheer's english voice, I did like his Spanish voice, which sounded a bit warmer, but older. Somewhat more sage-like.

johnf12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1122 on: Jul 01, 2014 03:55 pm »

I really like Su Yin's voice.

I have to agree fully there with Su Yin's voice. Especially liked her young voice... or maybe it was just her younger physical appearance. Need to re-watch that episode.

Don't know who they got to do Su Yin's English voice, but hope it is just as good. Especially for the younger self. Maybe they got Tara Strong.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1123 on: Jul 01, 2014 04:09 pm »

Su Yin's adult voice is going to be done by Anne Heche and the younger voice is going to be done by Jessie Flower (Toph in A:TLA).

Back to Zuko being too old to fight properly, in this fight we actually see him running just as fast as he did in A:TLA, he actually manages to outpace the twins who are young enough to be his GREAT grandchildren.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 04:12 pm by luvavatar » Logged
Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1124 on: Jul 01, 2014 04:18 pm »

Is the fight at least good though? I haven't seen it but I'm expecting it to be pretty big.

Or is it over in under 30 seconds?
Eska and Desna go down first after an 18 seconds fight, Zuko's dragon is the second to go in 18 seconds, Zuko himself is next and it takes 10 seconds to take him down. Tonraq doesn't last more than 5 seconds after that, but he had a short fight scene at the beginning of the skirmish, so he totals 16 seconds of fight on screen.

Most of the breaking out is spent with Ming Hua as she goes down in the prison to free the last member of the group.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 04:32 pm by Sannom » Logged
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: