Oct 15, 2019 03:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaked episodes discussion  (Read 139100 times)
fire nation spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Jun 08, 2014 02:57 am »

Also ZUKO Cheesy

He looks a lot like Roku, just having Sozin's beard which I do like. Their storyline is interesting, but I'm not really sure what's exactly happening and why. But I guess that's what happens when somehow Nick "accidently" releases episodes 3-6 and not 1&2.

yeah, Zuko is looking DANG FINE for an 87 year old. in this world, 87 year olds are really frail and thin, basically withering away. Zuko looks like he's still 60 Cheesy

They also have been running an Air Nomad breeding program for 186 years, using the “livestock” they kidnapped from the Air Temples in the day preceding the first pass of Sozin’s Comet, in the hopes that one day the Avatar Cycle would bring the next Air Nomad Avatar under their control. So yeah.

Which episode is that in? I don't remember that being mentioned...

IDK i just got it from a post from a Tumblr user who's seen all the eps and who knows spanish....
The Shpee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #51 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:00 am »

NEW INFO:

The Dai Li are still active, and are apparently controlled by the Earth Queen. They also have been running an Air Nomad breeding program for 186 years, using the “livestock” they kidnapped from the Air Temples in the day preceding the first pass of Sozin’s Comet, in the hopes that one day the Avatar Cycle would bring the next Air Nomad Avatar under their control. So yeah.

so uh.....this sounds really extreme?

Also, a little thought on Suyin, Lin's sister. Suyin actually looks more like Satoru (from the Rift comics) than Lin does, and she's also darker skinned than Lin, though I don't remember Satoru being dark-skinned himself (not as dark skinned as WT people though, but noticeably more toned than Lin) But what confuses me is that between the two sisters, Suyin looks younger than Lin, and given that Toph met Satoru first before any guy, we can deduce that Satoru may be Lin's father, since Lin looks like the older sibling. But they're half siblings, so this conclusion doesn't work....

Lol like I said before, I think this is kind of a bad move. It makes for some huge plot holes in the Avatar series itself as sooner or later one of the characters from ATLA most likely Azula seeing as she kind of took over the Dai Li should have figured out about this and told Ozai. Doesn't really make sense to me.

As for the second part, maybe they aren't half siblings per se. Same parents probably but I feel as if there might be some Translation error.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #52 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:03 am »

IDK i just got it from a post from a Tumblr user who's seen all the eps and who knows spanish....
Gonna rewatch, just in case I missed it.

As for the second part, maybe they aren't half siblings per se. Same parents probably but I feel as if there might be some Translation error.
No, they are half sisters. When Su says she's Lin's sister, Lin immediately says HALF-sister, to which then Su says "different fathers, but same mother". Su also mentions that they never met their fathers.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
The Shpee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #53 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:04 am »

Gonna rewatch, just in case I missed it.

No, they are half sisters. When Su says she's Lin's sister, Lin immediately says HALF-sister, to which then Su says "different fathers, but same mother". Su also mentions that they never met their fathers.

That's one heck of a cop out for one of the biggest mysteries in the avatarverse ever since Zuko's mom.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #54 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:07 am »

I'm so tempted, what should I do. Should I watch it Sad Why did this happen... So frustrating.

Can anyone tell me how many episodes got leaked? Or the whole season?
fire nation spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:09 am »

NEW INFO:

The Dai Li are still active, and are apparently controlled by the Earth Queen. They also have been running an Air Nomad breeding program for 186 years, using the “livestock” they kidnapped from the Air Temples in the day preceding the first pass of Sozin’s Comet, in the hopes that one day the Avatar Cycle would bring the next Air Nomad Avatar under their control. So yeah.

so uh.....this sounds really extreme?

Also, a little thought on Suyin, Lin's sister. Suyin actually looks more like Satoru (from the Rift comics) than Lin does, and she's also darker skinned than Lin, though I don't remember Satoru being dark-skinned himself (not as dark skinned as WT people though, but noticeably more toned than Lin) But what confuses me is that between the two sisters, Suyin looks younger than Lin, and given that Toph met Satoru first before any guy, we can deduce that Satoru may be Lin's father, since Lin looks like the older sibling. But they're half siblings, so this conclusion doesn't work....

Lol like I said before, I think this is kind of a bad move. It makes for some huge plot holes in the Avatar series itself as sooner or later one of the characters from ATLA most likely Azula seeing as she kind of took over the Dai Li should have figured out about this and told Ozai. Doesn't really make sense to me.

yeah I agree with you. What LOK is doing basically so far is upending the status quo of the Original Series and changing a lot of in-universe rules that revelations like this look too unbelievable or bizarre as a result....
The Shpee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #56 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:10 am »

I'm so tempted, what should I do. Should I watch it Sad Why did this happen... So frustrating.

Can anyone tell me how many episodes got leaked? Or the whole season?

Lol I would say not. For some reason the first two episodes didn't get leaked out. Only episodes 3-6. Other than the fact that watching it would be a pain since you might not understand the language, seeing as from the looks of it some big things happened during the first two episodes, it would leave you confused.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #57 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:12 am »

That airbender thing sounds so extreme and twisted. I love it x.x

I just watched some fight scene, with Tonraq, Eska and Desna and some awesome waterbender. Oh my god, first of all, animation, and Eska and Desna are fighting with ice throws! HAH! That means that bio info that people were complaining about was true! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited, there is no way I can not watch these. Sucks so hard... UGGHHHHHHH Please, I hope no more will get leaked. It looks like an amazing season.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2014 03:23 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #58 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:23 am »

If that airbender thing is true then it sounds intriguing. The problem with it though is that it kinda makes a rather large plot hole. Number one, the Dai Li were under Azula's control for a time so how did she not know about this? Furthermore, while the Dai Li were in the Fire Nation with Azula who was running this program? The Earth Kingdom government was disbanded so it couldn't be them and the Fire Nation didn't seem to know about it so...

And then after the 100 year war how did the gaang not find out about it? They were working closely with the Earth King and the Earth King isn't exactly the best lair. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to let a program like that exist either. So maybe the Council of Five was behind the airbender program? Even so, it seems a little bit of a stretch to believe that this program somehow stayed secret with all the political upheavals that were going on.

I kinda hope that this program thing is false and that airbenders are popping up because of Harmonic Convergence. That makes more sense and keeps the history of the rest of the series intact. This whole 186 year program thing just seems odd to me. The idea is interesting but I just don't see how it can be explained without putting a big question mark over the rest of the series.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #59 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:25 am »

What is Korra up to in these episodes ??
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #60 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:27 am »

It's possible that there was a certain counter-attack by the Dai Li, that if something were to happen, they would be able to hide the fact about Airbenders without their rulers knowing about it.

Think about it, it makes sense for Ba Sing Se to start raising weapons to fight in the war, and since these projects were top-secret, I believe their security would have been the same as well. In other words, as I said, counter-attack, if Fire Nation were to conquer them. It would be something like, they would have created a hiding place, just for that scenario. It's also possible that not All Dai-Li are trusted for this. There could be a certain division handling this in top secrecy. When Azula conquered them, she only wanted military power, and the group who didn't know about the airbenders were enough for her. She had no reason to dig into their history, because she didn't really care about that or needed it. Anyway, there are tons of way to explain it, so let's not jump into plot holes plot holes.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2014 03:30 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
The Shpee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #61 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:30 am »

If that airbender thing is true then it sounds intriguing. The problem with it though is that it kinda makes a rather large plot hole. Number one, the Dai Li were under Azula's control for a time so how did she not know about this? Furthermore, while the Dai Li were in the Fire Nation with Azula who was running this program? The Earth Kingdom government was disbanded so it couldn't be them and the Fire Nation didn't seem to know about it so...

And then after the 100 year war how did the gaang not find out about it? They were working closely with the Earth King and the Earth King isn't exactly the best lair. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to let a program like that exist either. So maybe the Council of Five was behind the airbender program? Even so, it seems a little bit of a stretch to believe that this program somehow stayed secret with all the political upheavals that were going on.

I kinda hope that this program thing is false and that airbenders are popping up because of Harmonic Convergence. That makes more sense and keeps the history of the rest of the series intact. This whole 186 year program thing just seems odd to me. The idea is interesting but I just don't see how it can be explained without putting a big question mark over the rest of the series.

Agreed, the only other logical explanation I can see is that the Dai Li told Azula of their plans, and thought they could use this to the Fire Nation's advantage in the war, having an entire army of air benders. But still, I would have thought that Aang would have learned about this. I do think that part of it is true, that the Earth Queen in raising an army of airbenders more of a way to take back what was originally theirs; Republic City.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:31 am »

Come on, it's still possible that Azula could not know about this. I mean, Dai Li has no reason to tell her "We have Airbenders" and as I mentioned, it's also possible that there are certain divisions inside the Dai Li that were unaware of this fact as well.

Oh my gosh, guys, I'm so excited for this plot. It sounds so amazing Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2014 03:33 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
The Shpee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #63 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:38 am »

Maybe but still, this raises the question of did Kuei ever figure this out. And if not, how did his daughter ever figure it out?
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #64 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:40 am »

Maybe but still, this raises the question of did Kuei ever figure this out. And if not, how did his daughter ever figure it out?

Kuei was an incompetent fool. He didn't even know about the War. He also almost went again Fire Nation again in the comics, he's a fool. He's easily manipulated. A top-secret project such as this is something he would never figure out.

As for his daughter, I bet that has something to do with the actual plot.
The Shpee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #65 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:40 am »

and btw is it just me or does that airbending kid kind of look like Sokka XD
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #66 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:41 am »

I usually don't like immediately calling plot holes on stuff but I just don't see how it works. A program like that would require a lot of attention and a lot for people with knowledge about it. there is just no way it could have stayed secret with the amount of political change overs going on. Think about it. First Long Feng was in control. When he got overthrown his entire office was searched that had files about everything he was doing. Then the Fire Nation was in control for a time. It would be really odd if they didn't tear apart the Earth Governments secrets inside and out. I doubt they just sat there in the city doing nothing.

But to give the show the benefit of the doubt lets say they did. Lets say the Fire Nation didn't bother looking into anything. Kuei still eventually came back into power without the Dai Li there for at least a few years (the comics show no Dai Li back in charge yet) so surly as Kuei was the only guy in charge, he came across this program or his generals did and once again, Kuei doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would let that go on.

But lets say that somehow, Kuei and the normal government people never knew about it and only the Dai Li knew. They were out of the city for a few years so who was keeping an eye on all the airbenders while they were gone? Who was feeding them and making sure they didn't escape?

I just don't see how it stayed secret. There were to many times where it could have easily been found out, especially when Long Feng was overthrown and all of his information on the Dai Li's actions were seized.

Like I said, I don't like screaming plot holes before actually seeing the story but I feel like its justified in this case. Unless whoever leaked that info left out some major parts, I don't see how this works without some retcons/plot holes.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2014 03:42 am by Avatar Epsilon » Logged

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #67 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:42 am »

With all the spoilers, no one is really saying what's up with Korra or
What her role is this season.  Wonder if it's just not that interesting ll
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #68 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:44 am »

As I said, it's possible that there was a certain division handling this in secrecy. Counter-measures for political changes. A division which was handling this stayed in Ba Sing Se to protect the project Airbenders. They don't even need to come in contact with the ruler. They just need to wait until the Dai Li is back on track and reveal these to their leader. It's even questionable that Long Feng knew about this. There is more to this that we just don't know. They will give us the answers, don't worry.

With all the spoilers, no one is really saying what's up with Korra or
What her role is this season.  Wonder if it's just not that interesting ll

Good question. No one is talking about Korra as of yet...

Our possible villains :

....FEMALE VILLAINS EVERYONE. THEY LOOK SO BADASS TOO.

I really, really hope that this is where the Leaks end... Please, don't spoil more Nick, I beg you.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2014 03:50 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
HaZardous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #69 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:51 am »

^ They're trying to make them extra horrifying/creepy too. Like that waterbender who apparently HAS NO ARMS (take a moment to let that sink in) and uses water tentacles instead. And of course 3-eyed Combustion Woman.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #70 on: Jun 08, 2014 03:51 am »

^ They're trying to make them extra horrifying/creepy too. Like that waterbender who apparently HAS NO ARMS (take a moment to let that sink in) and uses water whips instead. And of course 3-eyed Combustion Woman.

Yes, that is such an amazing concept. The way she fights is just amazing. I love her already.

I really hope Mike and Bryan say something about this. It's so frustrating. Why Nick, why are you so incompetent. There is no way I can stay away from spoilers about Korra...
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2014 03:55 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #71 on: Jun 08, 2014 04:03 am »

Fuuuuuuuuu-

So much freaking awesomeness - Why must the hammer of takedowns strike right when I find out about this?!

Must!  Find!  Footage!

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #72 on: Jun 08, 2014 04:05 am »

^ They're trying to make them extra horrifying/creepy too. Like that waterbender who apparently HAS NO ARMS (take a moment to let that sink in) and uses water tentacles instead. And of course 3-eyed Combustion Woman.
I wonder if the waterbender got hands cut of so she couldn't bend because she was so powerful but they didn't want to/ couldn't kill her for whatever reason. Because it would be strange if she could learn waterbending to such a degree without arms especially since waterbending seems to be very reliant on hand movements. I'm really curious about her and they both really do look badass and amazing.

Also, I'm really happy to see Beifong family grow to such numbers and even happier that Toph has children with different men. That breaks so much stereotype about families and it makes Toph look even more badass in my eyes. "I don't need no man." Kind of a woman but the kind that really means it. Toph is the best. T_T Kudos to Bryke for being realistic and not idealistic.

NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #73 on: Jun 08, 2014 04:16 am »

I don't really think the airbender breeding thing by the Dai Li is too much of a stretch or makes a gigantic plot hole (maybe a small one).

The Dai Li are clearly this very secretive, enigmatic organization who we know have been a part of multiple shady operations regarding the censorship of Ba Sing Se during wartime, brainwashing people, actively helping the FN, and being a king's Puppetmaster. Just like any organization, there has to be multiple branches, doing god knows what. Who's to say that they weren't secretly breeding/training airbenders, even during Book 2 of ATLA? I doubt that Azula acquired complete and utter control of the entire organization.

It may cheapen how manipulative Azula really was, but maybe the Dai Li collectively (or with other leaders aside from Long Feng) aligned themselves with Azula and the FN due to mutual benefit, but only made her think she had full control, while they continued their operations on their own without her knowledge. Tongue

yo.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Jun 08, 2014 04:19 am »

I don't really think the airbender breeding thing by the Dai Li is too much of a stretch or makes a gigantic plot hole (maybe a small one).

The Dai Li are clearly this very secretive, enigmatic organization who we know have been a part of multiple shady operations regarding the censorship of Ba Sing Se during wartime, brainwashing people, actively helping the FN, and being a king's Puppetmaster. Just like any organization, there has to be multiple branches, doing god knows what. Who's to say that they weren't secretly breeding/training airbenders, even during Book 2 of ATLA? I doubt that Azula acquired complete and utter control of the entire organization.

It may cheapen how manipulative Azula really was, but maybe the Dai Li collectively (or with other leaders aside from Long Feng) aligned themselves with Azula and the FN due to mutual benefit, but only made her think she had full control, while they continued their operations on their own without her knowledge. Tongue

That makes total sense in my book.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: