Oct 18, 2017 08:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaked episodes discussion  (Read 99962 times)
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #1150 on: Jul 04, 2014 06:42 pm »

I thought this tumblr poster had a pretty neat take on airing 2 episodes at once as well;
http://avatati.tumblr.com/post/90604546474/leafo-flameo-im-really-excited-to-hear

This is why I don't mind Nick airing two episodes a night. Whoever posted that nailed it.

Indeed, the author of that blog nailed it good...

Although I do agree that they seem to be pairing off the wrong two episodes...

We all seem to wonder about that.

Are all upcoming air dates already known? Maybe they change the schedule after the last leaked chapter finally aired?

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Storia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

#dictatorsumade

« Reply #1151 on: Jul 06, 2014 10:11 am »

Will there be another BSS episode after E4? because if not i'm afraid BSS would be wasted, so as the Earth Queen, it has quite a potential Sad

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1152 on: Jul 06, 2014 10:52 am »

^No one knows. However, it's being speculated that the the Queen could potentially be the villain for Book 4 because it would be silly to not bring the Queen back after you have build her up into this tyrant that is prepping an army to take back whatever land she has left. It's pretty clear that no one in the EK likes her at all because she's either a relic of the old ways and that she's a you-know-what.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1153 on: Jul 06, 2014 11:01 am »

I dunno, I feel that Zaheer will try to go and rescue his fellow Airbenders.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1154 on: Jul 06, 2014 01:03 pm »

They've already been rescued.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1155 on: Jul 06, 2014 01:32 pm »

Heh, the EQ isn't Book villain material for me;

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1156 on: Jul 06, 2014 06:09 pm »

^ same.

I don't take her personality seriously lol
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1157 on: Jul 06, 2014 06:32 pm »

I think she'd be a nice change of pace honestly. So far, all the Avatar villains have been very physical. They could fight and so on. The EQ though doesn't seem like a fighter. I think it'd be kinda cool to have a villain that is not really a physical threat to Korra but instead has so much power and resources that it is hard to put a stop to her.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Simon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chibi Jet

« Reply #1158 on: Jul 07, 2014 03:42 am »

^ We have already had two villains who have had some of those attributes. Amon was a charismatic leader of a revolutionary terrorist group who had enough power to mobilize a large population against Korra. Unalaq had the spirits and the NWT. I'd like to see more of this in the future. A villain like Amon but with far more resources behind him/her would be interesting to see.
Storia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

#dictatorsumade

« Reply #1159 on: Jul 07, 2014 04:44 am »

Who's making the metal city? Toph or Su?

And Varrick? What is he doing there?
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2014 04:46 am by Storia » Logged

Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1160 on: Jul 07, 2014 08:48 am »

Who's making the metal city? Toph or Su?

And Varrick? What is he doing there?

Su, along with her husband, built metal city. She bought that land and hired an alchemist, whom she later married

Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #1161 on: Jul 07, 2014 10:58 am »

Su, along with her husband, built metal city. She bought that land and hired an alchemist, whom she later married

I wonder if the EQ still consider Metal City to be EK territory, be it bought or not...

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1162 on: Jul 07, 2014 11:28 am »

She probably does and I wonder if she has tried to tax the heck out of it seeing as it looks as if poverty does not exist. Also it seems that Su Yin has made this city as safe as she could. It has many defenses, for one thing it isn't near a coastline. That makes it difficult to attack from the sea. It's in a valley in the mountains, so it has the terrain to act as a defense. Then there is the main defense of the city, each part is in a lotus "pod", which means they could protect themselves from many aerial attacks. However there is one flaw that this city has, it may not be able to last under a siege for that long. If they close the lotus petals to protect from any attacks from the sky they can't get sunlight for their plants. Also it wouldn't be impossible for an earthbending army to divert the flow of the main river running through the city, meaning it would cut off their main water supply. So I'd say they could defend for a battle and maybe they have decent offenses, but a siege could ruin them.
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1163 on: Jul 07, 2014 11:30 am »

It might be private property, but it's probably still part of the nation.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1164 on: Jul 07, 2014 01:59 pm »

Architect, not alchemist Grin .
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1165 on: Jul 07, 2014 03:20 pm »

She probably does and I wonder if she has tried to tax the heck out of it seeing as it looks as if poverty does not exist. Also it seems that Su Yin has made this city as safe as she could. It has many defenses, for one thing it isn't near a coastline. That makes it difficult to attack from the sea. It's in a valley in the mountains, so it has the terrain to act as a defense. Then there is the main defense of the city, each part is in a lotus "pod", which means they could protect themselves from many aerial attacks. However there is one flaw that this city has, it may not be able to last under a siege for that long. If they close the lotus petals to protect from any attacks from the sky they can't get sunlight for their plants. Also it wouldn't be impossible for an earthbending army to divert the flow of the main river running through the city, meaning it would cut off their main water supply. So I'd say they could defend for a battle and maybe they have decent offenses, but a siege could ruin them.

Since the Queen is all about taking back her land it will not surprise me if she has made a threat or two to various city leaders to bow down and surrender their land to her. Su may not be the rebellious brat she was in the past but she does strike me was someone who is ready to defend her home and family should the decides to take over her land because it's hers by divine right. Maybe that's why Varrick is there. If Varrick has changed then he's probably helping improve the city because he and Su are apparently good friends.
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1166 on: Jul 07, 2014 03:30 pm »

The way she described it, I think the land Zaofu is built on is simply private property, but not a nation or kingdom of its own, in the same way you can buy a large plot of land and build houses or a little settlement on it, but still owe the government taxes and obey its laws.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1167 on: Jul 07, 2014 03:31 pm »

^ We have already had two villains who have had some of those attributes. Amon was a charismatic leader of a revolutionary terrorist group who had enough power to mobilize a large population against Korra. Unalaq had the spirits and the NWT. I'd like to see more of this in the future. A villain like Amon but with far more resources behind him/her would be interesting to see.

I think you are missing a little bit of what I am saying. Yes, Unalaq and Amon had a lot of resources but they were also very dangerous physical opponents.

I'm talking about a villain who isn't a physical threat at all. As in, if Korra was able to get close to them, they'd last for a total of 3 seconds before getting beaten down. To counteract this though, the villain would have so many resources and their influence would be so far reaching that it is difficult for Korra to actually stop them. The Earth Kingdom is the largest nation in the world, I think the Earth Queen could easily fit that bill if Bryke wanted to go that route with her.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1168 on: Jul 07, 2014 03:43 pm »

I think you are missing a little bit of what I am saying. Yes, Unalaq and Amon had a lot of resources but they were also very dangerous physical opponents.

I'm talking about a villain who isn't a physical threat at all. As in, if Korra was able to get close to them, they'd last for a total of 3 seconds before getting beaten down. To counteract this though, the villain would have so many resources and their influence would be so far reaching that it is difficult for Korra to actually stop them. The Earth Kingdom is the largest nation in the world, I think the Earth Queen could easily fit that bill if Bryke wanted to go that route with her.

The EQ seems rather overconfident, she can be tougher then Unalaq or Amon if she uses wisely the EK's resources but that's if she get rid of the overconfidence.

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1169 on: Jul 07, 2014 04:42 pm »

Ah yes, but she wouldn't be able to match Korra physically, like Amon and Unalaq could. In a bending/fist-fight she'd be knocked-out in seconds. That's what would make her a different type of villain that the ones we've seen so far. All the other main and secondary villains in the series have been physically intimidating (they're always benders too, if I remember correctly). The Earth Queen just has the resources of an entire kingdom, and an attitude.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1170 on: Jul 07, 2014 04:46 pm »

Then, she whip out crazy kung fu skills to defeat the entire Krew in seconds.

Having a weak villain with strong resources would be interesting however.

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1171 on: Jul 07, 2014 05:19 pm »

It'd certainly be a twist if she did.

the Krew would be all like

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #1172 on: Jul 07, 2014 05:31 pm »

What if, she's a total noob at Karate but the krew let her beat them up because they don't want to hurt her ego ?

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1173 on: Jul 07, 2014 05:50 pm »

"No, just lie down and pretend you're unconscious. I don't think she has any friends"

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1174 on: Jul 07, 2014 06:48 pm »

If Lex Luthor can have a kryptonite ring, maybe the Earth Queen can have a Koh ring.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: