Mar 25, 2017 03:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snippet of Book 3 script in Spanish  (Read 7568 times)
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« on: May 24, 2014 03:06 pm »

People! We have some kind of news!

^ Does anyone know what language is that?

Hey, Tenzin has that badge thing. Is he back on the council?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014 04:29 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged
stag019
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014 03:35 pm »

Spanish.

Rough translation of what I could read.
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014 03:36 pm »

Hey, Tenzin has that badge thing. Is he back on the council?

No that's the leaf pin he was wearing in Book 2.
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014 04:16 pm »

The link isn't working for me, could you please post your translation here?
stag019
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014 05:25 pm »

Quote from: Google Translate
Really? this is
It's so wonderful! And cute, and
smells like flowers ... sorry I

How's training

Not so well, I'm afraid.
the difficult task of being

Air.

You need to take
children help you
commander
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014 06:00 pm »

Thank you so much Smiley
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014 09:37 pm »

Going from what I've read it seems Bolin is referring to someone (a she) as marvellous or beautiful.

I guess this mean he is either referring to Korra or a new character. Perhaps another love interest?
Playwright
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014 10:24 pm »

I took a few licenses:

1. ¿De verdad? ¡Es ma[ravillosa!] "She's wonderful" instead of "it's wonderful". Es is the 2nd person singular form of the verb ser (be). Verbs are gender neutral, so it's tricky to guess the gender of the noun; however, below you can find maravillosa (wonderful) which is a femenine adjective. In Spanish, nouns and adjectives must concord in gender and number.

2. Fire Rose beat me to it. I also inferred the word "impeccable" by the flirtatious context she suggested.

3. me vo[y] means "i'm going". It can also be translated to "i'm leaving", but from the context it sounds/reads like Bolin is embarrassed for what he just said and he's just going someplace else to avoid disturbance.

4. la difícil tarea de ser pa- If it's not parte de (part of), i'm sure it's padre (father), makes sense if you consider all his kids are benders.

5. Air? I'm 100% positive the whole thing reads Maestro Aire (airbender), but the first half is missing from the picture.

6. Pure context, could be take a rest, time out, a nap, etc.

7. los niños te ayud- Okay, if this sentence wants to make any sense, the full word should be ayudarán (will help).

8. self-explanatory

9. demás (the rest), los demás (the others), además (also). The latter is unlikely, because it's hardly used at the end of a sentence, unless you're a poet from the XV century.

Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014 04:22 am »

Okay here's my speculation.

Bolin is most likely gushing to Korra or Asami (The name is cut off in the image) about a date he had with a girl. Although, it could just turn out that it was a spirit messing with him.

And I'm guessing Korra is talking with Tenzin about the airbending training the kids are going through (after all this is only two weeks after the end of Book 2, and it would be just like Tenzin to start up their training again as soon as they got home and everything calmed down).

And the final part is most likely a naval commander, possibly being given orders about the spirits now living in the waters around the world.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014 04:59 am »

Woah when was it said season 3 was taking place 2 weeks later ? Sorry if it's been discussed, i just don't recall
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014 05:06 am »

It seems like the the show is already being dubbed, first the Dutch trailer and now Spanish. What is Nick smoking?
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014 09:05 am »

Woah when was it said season 3 was taking place 2 weeks later ? Sorry if it's been discussed, i just don't recall

It was in the first interview Bryke had after Book 2's finale aired. The season is about directly dealing with the aftermath of Harmonic Convergence, Vaatu's defeat and the rejoining of the two worlds.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Playwright
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014 10:01 am »

It seems like the the show is already being dubbed, first the Dutch trailer and now Spanish. What is Nick smoking?

They might be planning a general premiere in several regions instead of premiering first in the US and risk losing hype (and audience) of people living overseas to online streaming.

Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014 01:26 pm »

They might be planning a general premiere in several regions instead of premiering first in the US and risk losing hype (and audience) of people living overseas to online streaming.
Isn't that what happened with book two? Why are we always the last ones to see the episodes?
><

Any one realize the lack of Mako stuff we've been getting this season? Seems like we've been getting more Bolin and less Mako, maybe roles will switch since it's supposed to be more about Earth?

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014 01:36 pm »

We got stuff from the Latin American VA's last spring as well. Dubbing takes time, so they probably aren't going to get a premiere before the US. If anything, I'd say this points more towards a fall release, yet again. Doesn't LA air the show at the same time as the US?
Playwright
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014 06:15 pm »

Korra premiered on September 13 (last year) in the US, while it did on February 21 (this year) in LA. Also, the show already ended in the US, but the last two episodes haven't aired in LA yet. Since they're dubbing season 3 already, i doubt it's because they fell short of episodes. I think they'll air the last two episodes when they're done with season 3 so they can air it altogether.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014 04:31 am »

Moved to the Korra Spoilers board.

I suggest everyone read what a leak/spoiler is...

I. The following things are considered SPOILERS and discussion of them must be limited to the TLOK SPOILERS BOARD
  • Exclusive showing of an episode at a convention like SDCC. (TLOK example: The first episode of Book Two: Spirits)
  • Details about the plot of one or more episodes, revealed at SDCC or elsewhere (ATLA example: Katara will confront her mother's killer two episodes before the series finale).
  • Details about character development, revealed at SDCC or elsewhere (ATLA example: Azula suffers a mental breakdown after Mai and Ty Lee betray her).
  • Leaks of any kind, be they episode titles or plots or whatever else (ATLA example: the full episode of Lake Laogai being available to watch on Turbonick two weeks before it was supposed to premiere on TV, then taken down when they noticed the mistake).
  • Episodes premiering and information released in other countries before they are broadcast in the US (ATLA example: Season 3 episodes airing in the UK and Canada before Nickelodeon shows them in the US).
  • Anything officially released ahead of time, (ATLA example: Sozin's Comet book released weeks before the series finale aired on TV).
  • Offhand comments by Avatar staff when not in official capacity (Example: If there's an autograph signing and someone asks Mike and Bryan if we'll see Ursa during TLOK, and they respond by winking and saying "Maaaaaaaaaayyyyyybe".)

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014 06:32 pm »

According to a source, at last year's momocon, Sifu Kisu said there would be an advanced form of airbending revealed. That's the first thing that comes to mind speculating about the conversation between Korra and Tenzin.

The Northern Air Temple is known for integrating technology into airbending thanks to the mechanist. Assuming that still holds true for Korra's time, perhaps this advanced form was discovered through this integration of technology and Tenzin's having a hard time learning it due to that (for one reason or another. He likes tradition.)

I'm obsessed with Tenzin and the airbenders, so this would be my natural conclusion. Cheesy How reasonable it is, though, I can't say.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014 06:34 pm by Ms.WW » Logged

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #18 on: Jun 07, 2014 08:40 pm »

Posts regarding the Book 3 images split and merged with this thread.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #19 on: Jul 18, 2014 07:57 pm »

All leaked episodes have been aired. Thread locked.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: