Apr 27, 2017 11:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaked Book 3 images, clips, titles, etc  (Read 32126 times)
JDG1980
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #225 on: Aug 18, 2014 09:51 pm »

I'm guessing Zaheer wants Korra to be posessed by either Xai Bau, or Guru Laghima.

If evil spirits can possess abandoned bodies, I wonder if we might see one of them appear in Aiwei's body, which was left empty after he was thrown into the Fog of Lost Souls.
Arban
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #226 on: Aug 18, 2014 11:52 pm »

I love how everything is connecting piece by piece (if the leaked quotes are true, that is), where we can more accurately predict this whole Xai Bau predicament.

The whole discussion with the evil spirits, body possession, spirit world travels etc. all sound really intriguing. It kind of reminds me of ATLA: Book 1 - Winter Solstice Part 1. Aang's spirit was still in the physical world, so was that an astral projection with Roku's dragon (like Jinora)? Could a spirit have possessed Aang's body or Aiwei? So many unanswered questions.

This finale is most likely going to be the best Korra finale as of yet. The show has been really proving itself in this season.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #227 on: Aug 19, 2014 06:25 pm »

So what if Xai Bau was a covert name for a White Lotus character we already know?

Hm, maybe that's why Iroh had a completely pointless appearance in the last episode...

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #228 on: Aug 19, 2014 06:49 pm »

So what if Xai Bau was a covert name for a White Lotus character we already know?

Hm, maybe that's why Iroh had a completely pointless appearance in the last episode...

There's always time for tea.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #229 on: Aug 19, 2014 07:26 pm »

There's always time for tea.

I knew it all along... Xai Bau is none other than that spirit mushroom that "randomly" appeared to the cloud babies in Darkness Falls.

Keeper of Sokka's Memorial Statue, Beard, and Gavel!
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #230 on: Aug 20, 2014 10:47 pm »

^
The same as voiced by Grey DeLisle?

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Markovra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #231 on: Aug 21, 2014 09:10 am »

What if Zaheer wanted to have Xai Bau's or Guru Laghima's spirit take over Korra's body?
What if before destroying Xai bau's body (assuming he is the northern air acolyte in the quote) his spirit infected weaker Zaheer (possession)

Either Zaheer may have been forced to destroy Xai Bau's body in the past and vowed to find the best body for his spirit and what better body than The Avatar. This would have been easy to do while Korra was still a little child as her spirit would not have been as strong as it is now.

Or perhaps Xai Bau's (now in Zaheer's body) goal was to find a body for Guru Laghima. Also this could explain why Zaheer "caught on" airbending so quickly.

However I am not sure how Raava fits in this as she would annihilate any intruding spirit, unless Xai Bau or Guru Lahgima knows a way to counter her. The poison could be what is stopping Raava from helping Korra.

From what I understand Raava is linked to korra's spirit so if her spirit is the the "void" (possibly Limbo like some others have mentioned) than her body would be defenseless?

Imagine the Krew having to fight "korra/Laghima/Xai bau"!!!  The feels  O_o

Anyways so many theories, I really like how we haven't a clue as to how it is going to go down!

so psyched!!!!

Like people like to say:
My mind is not ready LOL
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #232 on: Aug 21, 2014 10:20 am »

Yea I think the possibility of Zaheer being possessed would be a pretty cool twist.  Like maybe he had to kill Xai Bao's body many years ago, and some time while in prison for the 13 years he went to the spirit world to willingly have Xai Bao infect his body.

It's a cool theory but I can't really connect all of the dots - so to speak

ATLA Keeps: The connection between the ocean and moon spirits, Katara being a worry wort

LOK Keeps: Korra's air glider, Ming-Hua's driving arms, Ghazan's lava shuriken, Jinora's mastery tattoos
Merdok1993
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kataang&Makorra!

« Reply #233 on: Aug 21, 2014 10:28 am »

More updates from the guys that have seen the finale from the AV Club on Twitter: http://dongbufeng.tumblr.com/post/95351203698

The guys were just continuing to say that it was so hard to do their season reviews without taking more than an entire paragraph to talk about the finale. One of the guys said that they felt like they could write a paragraph on the final shot alone (which makes me think we're definitely getting a cliffhanger). Also of note, one of the guys mentioned that they thought Suyin was the coolest mom ever and then the other guys responded by saying, "I'm still kinda surprised that -SPOILER-".

We're so in for a doozy! I can't wait until tomorrow!
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2014 10:43 am by Merdok1993 » Logged

Meredith!
Kataang&Makorra
Thanks for the set, Britney!
Long time site moderator of Dongbufeng
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #234 on: Aug 21, 2014 10:35 am »

If Suyin ends up dying,  I'm going to say now that I predicted that like several weeks ago.

Here:

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=22852.msg2391123#msg2391123

ATLA Keeps: The connection between the ocean and moon spirits, Katara being a worry wort

LOK Keeps: Korra's air glider, Ming-Hua's driving arms, Ghazan's lava shuriken, Jinora's mastery tattoos
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #235 on: Aug 21, 2014 10:39 am »

I will be super mad if we discover that she really was a bad guy. This sort of thing would make Lin's character arc pointless.

I am willing to bet that she was a former member of RL and left because she didn't agree with some of their actions like killing monarchs. Su may have hated the Queen but I don't think she wanted her to die. Heck, maybe her and Aiwei defected from the RL at first only to discover that Aiwei was lying about that.

Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #236 on: Aug 21, 2014 10:45 am »

Su being a former RL would be another thing that would fit with my Su dying theory.

Su reveals her past but claims she cut ties long ago,  Lin and others feel betrayed, Su gets redemption through a heroic sacrifice, Lin feels even more sorrowful and forgives her for everything.

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #237 on: Aug 21, 2014 11:00 am »

^It would also explain why Su was hurt by Aiwei's betrayal. This whole entire time she thought Aiwei was on her side only to discover that he was some sort of mole to keep tabs on her since she's the matriarch of the Metal Clan.

I want to see that not every RL member is evil like Zaheer because I am certain that he's relying on his own ideals and not just the RL. There has to be some RL members that are genuinely good and respect the Avatar.
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #238 on: Aug 21, 2014 11:22 am »

^It would also explain why Su was hurt by Aiwei's betrayal. This whole entire time she thought Aiwei was on her side only to discover that he was some sort of mole to keep tabs on her since she's the matriarch of the Metal Clan.

I want to see that not every RL member is evil like Zaheer because I am certain that he's relying on his own ideals and not just the RL. There has to be some RL members that are genuinely good and respect the Avatar.

Yea I watched "The Terror Within" last night and I had forgotten about how suspicious her actions and eye movements were. I think what you said about Aiwei being a mole is a very good possibility, it makes a lot of sense.

Markovra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #239 on: Aug 21, 2014 12:02 pm »

More updates from the guys that have seen the finale from the AV Club on Twitter: http://dongbufeng.tumblr.com/post/95351203698

The guys were just continuing to say that it was so hard to do their season reviews without taking more than an entire paragraph to talk about the finale. One of the guys said that they felt like they could write a paragraph on the final shot alone (which makes me think we're definitely getting a cliffhanger). Also of note, one of the guys mentioned that they thought Suyin was the coolest mom ever and then the other guys responded by saying, "I'm still kinda surprised that -SPOILER-".

We're so in for a doozy! I can't wait until tomorrow!

OMG and I thought I could not get more excited than I already am!!!!!!!!!

The thing about the final shot...Cliffhanger?!!!

OMG LOL
insertname
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #240 on: Aug 21, 2014 12:06 pm »

Yea I watched "The Terror Within" last night and I had forgotten about how suspicious her actions and eye movements were. I think what you said about Aiwei being a mole is a very good possibility, it makes a lot of sense.

How were her actions suspicious? I only remember some people were hung up on her eye movements, but you can read a lot into that imho. Apart from that, what was suspicious? Might have to rewatch it myself though Tongue
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #241 on: Aug 21, 2014 12:46 pm »

They way she so willingly faced Aiwei in the pseudo - polygraph,  suggested that they might be in on it together

And then going against Lin at the end, possibly sending Korra into a trap. 

Personally I don't believe that Suyin is a current RL member, but there are definitely signs of previous ties.

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #242 on: Aug 21, 2014 12:50 pm »

^^That's just it. There aren't any major hints to determine whether or not Su's evil. I'm just saying that if were actually given a clue it would be the eye movement.

Like I said earlier, I would be really disappointed if we discover Su is a villain because it would destroy all the character development Lin received for her story arc. The reason some are adamant about it is because of Lin's 'sudden change of attitude' in the aftermath of her fight with Su (she went through the same thing Zuko did. I wouldn't really call that suspicious)  and how she has an 'immunity' to ridicule. We are always quick judge characters and their actions but with Lin we have to ease up because heaven forbid we can't have her be flawed and make life long mistakes.
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #243 on: Aug 21, 2014 02:36 pm »

The next Book focuses on geopolitics doesn't it? I think I might know what's going to happen...

Su will help Korra during this finale, but after everything is over with there's still going to be the matter of Ba Sing Se being in shambles... Cue invasion by Su and her metal army. And that sets up the conflict for next season.

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #244 on: Aug 21, 2014 02:55 pm »

^It might.

The biggest flaw the Earth Kingdom has is it's diversity. Every city in the country has it's own ideology. With the Earth Queen gone it's only a matter of time before the leaders of those might try to fight for control of it. In other words, another civil might happen and Korra might not be able to stop it. This may require the help of all Four Nations to help form a compromise in the EK. If it worked in The Promise then it might work again.
Molra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Stories are everywhere.

« Reply #245 on: Aug 21, 2014 06:11 pm »

My two cents:

At the point we are in, the discussion about Su being evil is similar to, back in book 1, the suspicion that Assami was an equalist - it's going nowhere....

^It might.

The biggest flaw the Earth Kingdom has is it's diversity. Every city in the country has it's own ideology. With the Earth Queen gone it's only a matter of time before the leaders of those might try to fight for control of it. In other words, another civil might happen and Korra might not be able to stop it. This may require the help of all Four Nations to help form a compromise in the EK. If it worked in The Promise then it might work again.

Agree. What intrigues me is that, apparently, at least during ATLA, the EK had more than 1 king, remember Bumi, king of Omashu? It looked kind of an Europe in the Middle Ages, lots of kings and feuds...

"Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope."
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #246 on: Aug 21, 2014 06:45 pm »

I will again say that I don't think that Suyin will be revealed as a Red Lotus member because for starters it is way too late to introduce a new villain and second we already have our "Hiroshi Sato" this season, his name was Aeiwei.
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #247 on: Aug 21, 2014 07:11 pm »

I will again say that I don't think that Suyin will be revealed as a Red Lotus member because for starters it is way too late to introduce a new villain and second we already have our "Hiroshi Sato" this season, his name was Aeiwei.

I agree that Suyin being a RL villain would suck for pretty much the reasons you said, but what do you think about the possibly that Suyin had ties with the RL many years ago? She could still be on the good side and fight against the current RL and it's not too late for her to reveal her secret past.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #248 on: Aug 21, 2014 07:20 pm »

It would be more tolerable, though I am still against it because we need to focus on the Red Lotus subplot and not Beifong family drama. If Suyin were outed as an ex-member of the Red Lotus, than we would be obligated to spend a few moments on pointless drama. We already dealt with Lin's trust issues with her sister, there is no need to bring it up again. Also, if Suyin's supposed connection with the Red Lotus were used as a way to reveal more information about them, than it would be strange that she did not bring up that information sooner.
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #249 on: Aug 21, 2014 08:05 pm »

That's why I think it's more plausible that she'll help during this finale and then storm Ba Sing Se at the very end, leaving us with our cliffhanger and setting next season's plot

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: