Nov 18, 2019 03:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rift Part 3 - Speculation [NO spoilers please!]  (Read 22717 times)
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2014 01:04 pm »

I dunno, Hikaru and Lizzy made a theory about how SLF actually fought the Dark Spirit alongside Yangchen, her lov... her ladyfriend and sacrificed herself in order to seal the monster away and Yangchen made the statue in her honor.
Fixed it for ya! ^_^

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #26 on: Mar 24, 2014 05:20 pm »

I still say Lao had Satoru make a giant mecha he could use to make people think a Dark Spirit is at large.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #27 on: Mar 24, 2014 08:28 pm »

I dunno, Hikaru and Lizzy made a theory about how SLF actually fought the Dark Spirit alongside Yangchen, her lov... her ladyfriend and sacrificed herself in order to seal the monster away and Yangchen made the statue in her honor.
Fixed it for ya! ^_^

Have I mentioned that I love you? ^_^

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2014 10:11 am »

I still say Lao had Satoru make a giant mecha he could use to make people think a Dark Spirit is at large.

So, the factory is a Decepticon ?

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #29 on: Mar 25, 2014 05:34 pm »

Yes. And it changes into a dinosaur.

Because.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #30 on: Mar 26, 2014 03:07 am »

Impossible. The thing on the cover is a gorilla samurai made of rocks.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #31 on: Mar 26, 2014 10:31 pm »

That's actually not a problem.

Man, gorilla and dinosaur. The Avatar comics are getting so cool.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #32 on: Mar 27, 2014 11:02 am »

I want the next enemy to be Batman riding a shark who throw ninjas with lightsabers at his foe Cheesy
Anyway, I wonder if the Dark Spi... Robot will truly put up a good fight against the Avatar State or just overpower Aang in his normal form before being squashed like a bug.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #33 on: Apr 27, 2014 03:41 pm »

Hoh, is it going to connect to Korra's decision in Book Spirits? And suddenly I'm hyped Cheesy
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Apr 27, 2014 04:32 pm »

http://puu.sh/8q2RF.jpg

Hoh, is it going to connect to Korra's decision in Book Spirits? And suddenly I'm hyped Cheesy

I wonder if they're going to use this to tie Korra's decisions closer to Aang's or to show how they differ... because I doubt that a "no" answer here means Korra's actually wrong, but I'm not sure if they'd risk people thinking that by doing it.  XD;

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #35 on: Apr 27, 2014 04:35 pm »

http://puu.sh/8q2RF.jpg

I wonder if they're going to use this to tie Korra's decisions closer to Aang's or to show how they differ... because I doubt that a "no" answer here means Korra's actually wrong, but I'm not sure if they'd risk people thinking that by doing it.  XD;

If Aang has a different opinion, a lot of people are going to turn on Korra Cheesy
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Apr 27, 2014 04:49 pm »

If Aang has a different opinion, a lot of people are going to turn on Korra Cheesy

As opposed to what they do now?

But honestly, I think that even if he comes to a different conclusion than Korra, it will go to further to the point that both shows try to make (even if the fandom cries foul every time) That what is right for one Avatar isn't necessarily what's right for another one down the line. That the world is constantly changing, and sometimes you have to change along with it. Plus, this is pre Harmonic Convergence, so the "shift in the planet's energy" hasn't happened yet, so maybe for Aang, it isn't possible, where as for Korra, it very well could be.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Apr 27, 2014 05:23 pm »

^I agree. Avatars and people in general do what they think is right at the time until someone else decides to change it for various reasons.

I'm likely going to regret saying this but screw it because it needs to be said. I want Aang to be wrong. I want Aang to have a decision that's opposite of Korra because both shows have to emphasize on how both Avatars are different. If we let Aang have Korra's decision be the same or something similar then it would take away Korra's individuality as an Avatar. Like it or not Korra has to surpass Aang just as Aang surpassed Roku and all the other Avatar when he decided to not kill Ozai and unite the world instead of separating it.
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #38 on: Apr 27, 2014 07:10 pm »

Pretty sure time and time again, Korra has been to shown to be different from Aang in one way or the other. And the times Aang has been "wrong" about something is plenty. Just ignore the people who cry fowl at every little minute detail. Those kind of people remind me of what a friend of mine was like when he was 12. Someone who was technically correct, but missing the bigger picture.

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #39 on: Apr 27, 2014 07:21 pm »

If a single Avatar had the answer to all the world's problems, there wouldn't be need for a cycle of them dating back thousands of years. Even the best of Avatars can't be expected to know how a decision will affect the Four Nations centuries after their time. During ATLA, the world was just recovering from war and from Aang's perspective, humans who are only now learning to trust each other again might not be ready for a whole new species to enter the picture yet. But as Korra saw through her own experience, the world was entering a new age and human-spirit relations was becoming a possibility. Every Avatar (expect Kurruk) does what they think is best for the time being. That doesn't make Aang or Korra bad Avatars, the problems they face are just different circumstances.    

On an un-related note, I'm gonna call it: SLF was a nature spirit that fell in love with Avatar Yangchen, bring into question whether or not, humans and spirits as a whole can live together in peace. Grin

Sig by Guitarfreak.
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Apr 27, 2014 07:35 pm »

^I agree. Avatars and people in general do what they think is right at the time until someone else decides to change it for various reasons.

I'm likely going to regret saying this but screw it because it needs to be said. I want Aang to be wrong. I want Aang to have a decision that's opposite of Korra because both shows have to emphasize on how both Avatars are different. If we let Aang have Korra's decision be the same or something similar then it would take away Korra's individuality as an Avatar. Like it or not Korra has to surpass Aang just as Aang surpassed Roku and all the other Avatar when he decided to not kill Ozai and unite the world instead of separating it.

The problem is that people don't WANT Aang to be wrong… look at the backlash that came after it was revealed that Aang was a less than perfect father.

They want Korra to be wrong: Look at how everything she does, good, bad, or yet to be determined is met with cries of "WoRST AVAtaR EVUR!!!! I h8 KORA she SuX!!!!" (and a comment comparing Mako to Satan for good measure)

Pretty sure time and time again, Korra has been to shown to be different from Aang in one way or the other. And the times Aang has been "wrong" about something is plenty.

And the thing that gets me is that whenever Aang was in the wrong before Korra, the fandom was perfectly happy to criticize him. Heck, one of the biggest controversies in the fandom was whether or not Aang should have killed Ozai, and criticizing him for not listening to his past lives (even though none of them outright said "Kill the bastard" Their advice was pretty vague tbh) But the vitriol that Korra is met with is something else…

*sigh*

Anyway, supposedly we're supposed to get Yangchen's backstory at some point in the series, and it will explain why Yangchen isn't very Air Nomad-y… And probably exactly who SLF is as well. I'm excited for that, since one of the things that I really wanted to see was development on other Avatars.

On an un-related note, I'm gonna call it: SLF was a nature spirit that fell in love with Avatar Yangchen, bring into question whether or not, humans and spirits as a whole can live together in peace. Grin

Please, she's obviously a humanized Raava… Not even the people in universe can resist that sort of fan art.
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2014 07:39 pm by BlueberrySpiceHead » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #41 on: Apr 27, 2014 07:38 pm »

I just kinda wonder what the "bonds will be tested" part means. Does that mean more heavy inter-gaang fighting or something else?

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Apr 27, 2014 07:42 pm »

I just kinda wonder what the "bonds will be tested" part means. Does that mean more heavy inter-gaang fighting or something else?

Maybe something will go down between Toph and her Dad? Or Toph and Satoru? Aang and Katara
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Apr 27, 2014 07:47 pm »

I feel like Toph and her Dad would make a lot of sense.

And I don't know why you tiny texted the last part but it better not be Aang and Katara...that'd be pretty random and ultimately pointless.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Apr 27, 2014 07:56 pm »

^I tiny texted it because I was joking… that would be the most hilariously pointless thing in this comic series, and that's saying something after Aang and Zuko's "I want you to kill me if I get out of hand, so I totally won't go on to create any progeny that will ultimately go on to befriend your next incarnation" plot line in The Promise…

And yeah, Toph and her Dad probably make the most sense, since there's no way that reunion is going to go smoothly. He'll probably snub her/disown her in part 2, and then they'll come to something of a truce part 3.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #45 on: Apr 27, 2014 08:24 pm »

Toph and her dad sound like the best bet, Wan knows their relationship has been through the wringer over the past couple years. 

Please, she's obviously a humanized Raava… Not even the people in universe can resist that sort of fan art.

Maybe the statue was really Yangchen's attempt at sculpting SLF like one of her Fire Nation girls. Cheesy   

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Apr 27, 2014 08:31 pm »

I actually heard that Toph's dad disowns her or something like that. Apparently it came from information at Wondercon.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #47 on: Apr 27, 2014 08:41 pm »

How much would Lao disowning his daughter really impact her though? I mean, of course it will hurt Toph, but she's already carved out a name for herself. At thirteen, she's a war hero, the Avatar's teacher and the inventor of metalbending, she'll be fine with or without her parents' blessing. If anything, I imagine Lao and Poppy would be the ones disgraced if Toph cut them out of her life.   

Sig by Guitarfreak.
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Apr 27, 2014 08:49 pm »

^I imagine it would still hurt. The Runaway shows that she does, in fact care about her parents, even if she can't bear living under their thumb. There is a difference between not being on great terms with your family, and having them completely shun you.

Although something's been bothering me: Where did Toph get the money to buy her school? I assumed in the Promise that she made up with her parents offscreen, but since that's not the case, how did she do it? Did Zuko or someone front her the money, or is she making payments as she goes?
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #49 on: Apr 27, 2014 08:55 pm »

^ I imagine the funding was gift from various leaders and grateful civilians for her efforts in the war, but by the time of the Rift, funds are running low and Toph doesn't want anyone's charity or payment from her students, so her school's in bit of jam on money right now. 

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: