Dec 06, 2019 09:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Artbook] TLoK Book Two: Spirits - The Art of the Animated Series  (Read 11234 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #25 on: Sep 26, 2014 10:24 am »

Or better yet, IF, and only if, it is not against the rules, can you show us a picture?
Of course you can post a picture from one page in the book. Just as long as you're not showing all the pages or providing any illegal means to obtain the book. Amazon does book previews from (sometimes randomized) pages all the time so we can have a little sneak peak.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Oct 13, 2014 07:02 pm »

After waiting for a while for the artbooks to be available on (the dutch) Itunes again, I gave up on waiting and ordered a physical copy instead. It should be here within 1-2 weeks, I can't wait to see it.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Oct 19, 2014 08:40 pm »

After waiting for a while for the artbooks to be available on (the dutch) Itunes again, I gave up on waiting and ordered a physical copy instead. It should be here within 1-2 weeks, I can't wait to see it.

How much was it?

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #28 on: Oct 19, 2014 08:45 pm »

The artbook arrived at my doorstep last week and the artwork is pretty sweet. I also prefer Eska's original design that made her a little more human.

All the dark spirit designs are just plain dang creepy and they're based on real world animals.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #29 on: Oct 19, 2014 10:19 pm »

^Yeah, it's a shame they made her a little less human for the final design.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Oct 19, 2014 10:51 pm »

Less human how? I saw a low quality video with the original art but could not make out the details.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #31 on: Oct 19, 2014 11:46 pm »

They made her almost as beautiful as Ginger with some lovely hair pieces. According to the commentary, Ryu then drew the twins hunched over and gave Eska dark eye make up and then Bryan went for it. *shrug*

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #32 on: Oct 21, 2014 03:37 pm »

^Well from the sound of the commentary and other interviews, book 2 was really difficult to produce and that they do not have a lot of time for development art. So it could be that they had to just rush and pick something and they felt the designs they ended up with helped show the twins as being more creepy.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #33 on: Oct 23, 2014 10:39 pm »

Finally took some pics from the artbook.

Eska's original design.

Commentary about the twins' design.

And a concept of Ginger.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Oct 23, 2014 11:10 pm »

I just bought the first two seasons of Korra in blu-ray and i noticed that it have audio commentaries and animatics for each episodes in both seasons so i was wondering, is it still worth to buy the Artbooks for each season? i mean i really like the art but im more into the commentaries of the creators and i red that the artbooks dont have a lot of it.
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Oct 24, 2014 04:04 pm »

That first image of Eska on the far left has her looking so regal! I'm a bit sad they didn't go in that direction for her.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Oct 24, 2014 04:08 pm »

As do I. She is even prettier. I also prefer Ginger's original design.
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2014 08:07 pm by Colonel_Brian » Logged
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #37 on: Oct 24, 2014 08:00 pm »

I need to get this book soon. I have just been tight on money. These books are must-buys for TLOK fans.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #38 on: Oct 24, 2014 10:35 pm »

is it still worth to buy the Artbooks for each season? i mean i really like the art but im more into the commentaries of the creators and i red that the artbooks dont have a lot of it.
If you like to see the original designs of the characters, they aren't really in the extras for the DVD/blu-ray. There's snippets of the locations here and there and how they designed the scenery/props.

Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Nov 01, 2014 01:18 pm »

That first image of Eska on the far left has her looking so regal! I'm a bit sad they didn't go in that direction for her.
I'm guessing that design was too womanly for her and clashed with the idea of having she and Desna be almost identical. As a result, I think Eska is the only female character on LoK with no chest outline due to all of her clothing?
Helldars
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2015 11:11 am »

I'll have to correct you on that one Icy, the woman on the picture is actually "a flapper from Varrick's entourage" that I think we see in his first scene.  Wink

Please remove the img tag when quoting images next time. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2015 09:23 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

"I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-Rays, and I want to - I want to smell dark matter! I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I could know much more..."
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #41 on: Jan 03, 2015 09:23 pm »

I'll have to correct you on that one Icy, the woman on the picture is actually "a flapper from Varrick's entourage" that I think we see in his first scene.  Wink
*takes out artbook*

Ohhh. I missed out the captions at the bottom.

Still, she never made it in the show itself?

Helldars
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Jan 25, 2015 12:01 pm »

Still, she never made it in the show itself?
I guess not. I was convinced she was in that scene before I saw your post and checked. Funny how my brain fabricated those memories. Tongue

"I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-Rays, and I want to - I want to smell dark matter! I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I could know much more..."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: