Dec 07, 2019 05:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Artbook] TLoK Book Two: Spirits - The Art of the Animated Series  (Read 11235 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Mar 20, 2014 07:44 pm »

Temporary cover art?

There's a listing for the Book Two: Spirits artbook on Barnes & Nobles. Tentative release date appears to be on September 16 2014.

Hope Bryan releases more details soon.

For discussion on the artbook of Book One: Air, go to this thread.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2014 08:42 am »

I think that will be the final cover art. It looks legit.

I enjoyed the first art book so I'll definitely pick this up.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2014 09:33 am »

I think that will be the final cover art. It looks legit.

I enjoyed the first art book so I'll definitely pick this up.

It's an SDCC piece, but I kind of doubt that it's the final cover -- the first art book used promotional art as a placeholder too:

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
plastroncafe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

plastronc
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2014 12:48 pm »

If the most recent post from Bryan is any indication, then I do believe that is the final cover art.

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/80273665277/im-excited-to-be-going-over-the-final-proofs-for

<=======================================

Get out of the Bison's mouth, Sokka.

=======================================>
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2014 01:38 pm »

I am satisfied with this as confirmation. I'm also satisfied with this as cover art!  It's a lovely piece, and it's nice to be able to get it in printed form without paying $35 on eBay for a poster. XD:

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2014 06:13 pm »

Reusing art for the Art Book covers?

Tisk, tisk, cheaping out on us, Nick. Cheesy

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2014 06:44 pm »

I actually like how the cover art resembles the show. One of the minor complaints I had for the first book was the cover art was a different art style.

That's kinda ironic considering the cover art for the ART book doesn't match the style actual art.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #7 on: Aug 06, 2014 05:57 pm »

I can't wait for this art book! There were so many brilliant designs in Book 2! Really interested in Avatar Wan, Raava, Vaatu, Unalaq, Nuktuk, etc.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
ismellbacons
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2014 03:32 pm »

So I recently bought this book, and I'm so glad I did. So much gorgeous artwork inside, and heaps of insight into the development of Book 2, particularly in storyboards. There was one page in particular that caught my eye that shows the storyboards for Mako chasing the triads in the first episode, and the waterbender making steam to block his view. The storyboards there looked more detailed than the end-result animation. Which brings me to my next observation...

It was pretty funny seeing Bryan write such wonderful praise of Studio Pierrot in quite a few pages featuring their work, since most people on ASN hated them. Tongue
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2014 04:04 pm »

Is there a lot on Beginnings? I'm very interested in the evolution of that story and related concept art, but I don't care so much about storyboards or concept art for spirit ideas.

Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2014 04:42 pm »

If only they'd fix up their issues with Itunes so I could buy this thing on my Ipad (like I did with the first one) instead of having to ship a physical copy (probably all the way from the states).

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2014 05:07 pm »

*whispers* Book Depository has free shipping and it's from the UK. Wink

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Sep 13, 2014 06:14 pm »

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #13 on: Sep 13, 2014 09:21 pm »

The books from BD reach my side of the world in a week. It'll reach your place in lesser time. =P

Do it!! =D

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Sep 13, 2014 09:24 pm »

Is there any additional designs of Unalaq and the twins? I recalled Bryan saying that he was not happy with his design, so I figured he made another one.
Saturius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Sep 24, 2014 04:58 pm »

Anyone else pick this up?  Obviously the pictures are gorgeous, but a part of me wanted a few more unknown story tidbits.  I guess the blu commentary covered them all cause there were very few in the books.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #16 on: Sep 24, 2014 06:42 pm »

...huh, and here I was planning on getting it for whatever tidbits were there. Maybe I'll just finally get the blu-rays instead.

Saturius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Sep 24, 2014 08:03 pm »

I can only remember about three story tidbits that were new in this book.  Which I guess is not really a fair complaint.  This is an artbook first and foremost.  The blu commentaries were great for their wealth of info.  I guess I got spoiled.  Just wish their were a few more character designs that showed the evolution of the final character models.
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Sep 24, 2014 09:23 pm »

Is there any additional designs of Unalaq and the twins? I recalled Bryan saying that he was not happy with his design, so I figured he made another one.

No additional Unalaq designs. Bryan mentions it took him a little while to get past the resemblance to Tarrlok. They were trying to make Unalaq look more refined as opposed to Tonraq. There are some alternate Eska designs though.

Is there a lot on Beginnings? I'm very interested in the evolution of that story and related concept art, but I don't care so much about storyboards or concept art for spirit ideas.

There's quite a bit on Beginning's, but not much on the evolution of the story.

rsndn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Sep 25, 2014 07:49 am »

If only they'd fix up their issues with Itunes so I could buy this thing on my Ipad (like I did with the first one) instead of having to ship a physical copy (probably all the way from the states).
you're from the netherlands, right?  they sell it on bol.com
i'm going to pick up my copy at albert heijn this saturday Smiley

You'll never need fear thing in this world while
I have a breath in me; blood in my veins
You never need fear a thing in this blue world
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #20 on: Sep 25, 2014 05:28 pm »

I can only remember about three story tidbits that were new in this book.  Which I guess is not really a fair complaint.  This is an artbook first and foremost.  The blu commentaries were great for their wealth of info.  I guess I got spoiled.  Just wish their were a few more character designs that showed the evolution of the final character models.

There's quite a bit on Beginning's, but not much on the evolution of the story.

Okay, good to know. I'll still probably end up getting it, but it's not a priority purchase.

Thanks for the info!

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #21 on: Sep 25, 2014 06:45 pm »

I got the book. The art was great, but I too was hoping for more story and developmental things in it.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Sep 25, 2014 07:17 pm »

Alternate Eska designs? I must know more.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #23 on: Sep 26, 2014 03:08 am »

Alternate Eska designs? I must know more.
Oh yes! I actually found one of her earlier designs a little more appealing, but it could just be me.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Sep 26, 2014 09:43 am »

Can you describe them?

Or better yet, IF, and only if, it is not against the rules, can you show us a picture?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: