Nov 19, 2019 11:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the New Ozai Society going to make their move now? (The Rift spoilers)  (Read 10574 times)
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« on: Mar 10, 2014 02:25 pm »

Okay so having just read "The Rift Pt 1", if you haven't you might want to stay clear here as there is a minor spoiler.

So we know that Iroh is returning to Ba Sing Se, while Aang and the rest of Team Avatar are busy with "The Rift", meanwhile Zuko is in the Fire Nation capital city with Ursa, Zuko's stepdad, and Zuko's half sister, so Zuko is volunteer by himself with three would be hostages, and only the Kyoshi Warriors as backup. So now is the perfect time for the New Ozai Society to make its move, bust out Ozai and attempt a quo.

I think "The Rift" will end with Team Avatar running into a battle scarred and terrible condition Suki telling them "There is trouble in the Fire Nation capital city, Zuko desperetely needs your help."

I hope the next trilogy is about a attempted on behalf of Ozai and his loyalist, and defentely would be the time in which Azula returns and have some big character defining development moments for her, I am sure Ozai, the New Ozai Society have plans for her and our counting on her to be a big part in attempting to overthrow Zuko.

Can't wait till 2015.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014 02:31 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2014 07:16 pm »

so Zuko is volunteer by himself with three would be hostages, and only the Kyoshi Warriors as backup.

And the whole Royal Guard, the local constabulary, whatever military forces are stationed nearby, and any civilian warriors who support Zuko and would join the battle if war broke out in Capital City.

I mean, it's not like they need to hold things down very long to send a message to Aang. Mai alone took out a whole cell of the guys without even breaking a sweat, I'm sure Ty Lee alone could account for half their army.

ViridianIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2014 12:56 am »

I have never heard of the New Ozai Society O.O

"In the time before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energy within ourselves."
                  -Lion Turtle dropping the mic
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2014 01:56 am »

...so Zuko is volunteer by himself with three would be hostages, and only the Kyoshi Warriors as backup.

The Kyoshi Warriors would pretty much hard-counter the New Ozai Society. Those girls are specifically trained to fight troublemakers and now they have Ty Lee too.

If anything, I can see the NOS as some sort of "proxy" for a bigger threat. Maybe a group of powerful FN nobles want to turn their country into an oligarchy and they will use the NOS to pull a Kori on Zuko.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2014 06:26 am »

I have never heard of the New Ozai Society O.O

It's a crappy society of Ozai loyalist who appeared in Mai's comic "Rebound". Mai's dad is the leader of this organisation and he wanted her to rejoin the society because she knew Zuko's weaknesses. However, she's Mai, so she's awesome, so she defeated them and left with Tom-Tom.
Honestly, I'm sure the NOS is not dangerous at all. If they make their move, a handful of soldiers should curb-stomp them into oblivion and Mai's dad will be sent away in jail, because all villains go in prison in Avatar, regardless of the crimes.
A powerful Dark Spirit would be far more of a problem then a bunch of extremists lead by a old fat guy.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2014 04:23 pm »

Reguarldess I am sure there has to be challenge to Zuko's throne. First of all, it gets Azula back in the picture and I want to see in her mental state and have a little bit of freedom what will she do? Second of all, I reason for Zuko and Mai to reunite and she if they get back together or not.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2014 06:11 pm »

If anything, I can see the NOS as some sort of "proxy" for a bigger threat. Maybe a group of powerful FN nobles want to turn their country into an oligarchy and they will use the NOS to pull a Kori on Zuko.

Actually, I think I'd like the NOS to be backed by something non-Firey in origin. These people might want to destabilize the Fire Nation for some reason, so they fund and manage these "rebel" groups that do nothing more than give voice and visibility to the extremists who don't support Zuko. That creates the illusion of wider dissent, and gives Zuko more to worry about.

Dangit, I'm not writing fanfic about Long Feng anymore, I have to stop thinking like this. Tongue

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2014 02:11 am »

Actually, I think I'd like the NOS to be backed by something non-Firey in origin. These people might want to destabilize the Fire Nation for some reason, so they fund and manage these "rebel" groups that do nothing more than give voice and visibility to the extremists who don't support Zuko. That creates the illusion of wider dissent, and gives Zuko more to worry about.

Dangit, I'm not writing fanfic about Long Feng anymore, I have to stop thinking like this. Tongue

Hah! It could be Hakoda, hell-bent to take revenge on the Fire Nation because of the death of Kya. That would be a big tweast Cheesy!

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
D3stiny_Sm4sher
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Life happens wherever you are...

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2014 09:09 pm »

Oh, yea. I'd almost forgotten about the NOS from that Mai comic.

Bleh, I'm so sick of Fire Nation drama by now, though. Iroh can go have his Tea Shop, Zuko can fix his messed up country, and Azula can go be crazy in the woods for all I care.

Give us some Katara/Sokka sibling love for a change. Those two are due for the spotlight in these comics by the time the current Toph/Aang arc is done.

Author and art gallery manager of 'What I Learned at SRU' and 'Esteemed.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: