Nov 20, 2019 08:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rift Part 2 - Speculation [NO SPOILERS!]  (Read 17140 times)
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #75 on: Jul 04, 2014 09:28 pm »

Is anyone else slightly annoyed that Toph is referring to Lao in the formal "Father" as opposed to the more affectionate term "Dad" as she always did? I just don't think Toph would ever start getting "formal" with her parents like that. Also in the preview pages Lao states that he has no family, but what happened to Toph's mother then? Did they separate?
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2014 09:34 pm by luvavatar » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #76 on: Jul 05, 2014 02:01 am »

^It makes sense actually. As you said, "Father" is more formal. "Dad" is more affectionate. With the relationship they have now (basically none), "father" is the more appropriate term to use. It kinda conveys how they are distant from each other.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #77 on: Jul 05, 2014 03:41 pm »

Also in the preview pages Lao states that he has no family, but what happened to Toph's mother then? Did they separate?

Further evidence that Lao is cutting them off to protect them from something.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #78 on: Jul 05, 2014 03:42 pm »

He think he can take on Megarock by himself ? :p

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #79 on: Jul 05, 2014 03:46 pm »

He probably has Mecha Godzilla in a hidden underground cavern, and that's what the gAang discover when they journey to the basement as depicted on the cover. Grin

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #80 on: Jul 05, 2014 03:47 pm »

You mean Optimus Prime : o

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #81 on: Jul 05, 2014 03:50 pm »

In this case, I think it would be Ginrai.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #82 on: Jul 05, 2014 03:54 pm »

Yeah but why is he trying to get the Avatar out too ? Aang could help him deal with this.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #83 on: Jul 05, 2014 07:02 pm »

No, Aang is an Air Nomad so nobody in the current world thinks he's any good at anything, remember? Tongue

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #84 on: Jul 05, 2014 07:48 pm »

"So, I heard you already dealt with Hei Bei and previous incarnations of the Avatar faced spirits that would make this one run away in fear."
"Yeah."
"Perfect ! Ho, and are you a air nomad too ? I forgot because of this silly Megarock stuff."
"Yup !"
"... Get out. Get out and never come back."

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #85 on: Jul 05, 2014 08:06 pm »

To be fair, the Hei Bai situation wasn't resolved in the most timely manner. Cheesy

RhymeBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I love people! :D

« Reply #86 on: Jul 09, 2014 09:59 pm »

What do you guys think of Satoru?? I honestly don't like the guy that much for some reason. I mean if this is who they are lumping Toph with, just wow...words can't even describe.

But let me end by saying what I came to this thread to say...Bro, do you even Rift!?

"You were never even a player."

-Azula to Long Feng after PWN3ING him. Wink
Sifu Metalbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #87 on: Jul 09, 2014 10:46 pm »

What do you guys think of Satoru?? I honestly don't like the guy that much for some reason. I mean if this is who they are lumping Toph with, just wow...words can't even describe.

But let me end by saying what I came to this thread to say...Bro, do you even Rift!?

Satoru is just a vauge possible answer to the question "Who is Lin's father?". That said, Sifu Kisu knows the answer to the million dollar question and has created a routine for Lin's father. Now unless Satoru has some hidden ninja skills, it is unlikely that he is the correct answer to the question. Now, if the previews and speculation regarding this Friday are correct, there will be another million dollar paternity question regarding Toph and her relationships.

Viper: You're in Triple Threat Triad territory, and we're about to put you in the hospital.
Korra: You're the only ones who are gonna need a hospital, and for your sake, I hope there's one nearby.
Viper: Who do you think you are?
Korra: Why don't you come and find out.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #88 on: Jul 10, 2014 05:54 pm »

I didn't hear that about Sifu Kisu. Do you have a link?

Also, I saw Part 2 for sale in my local comic shop yesterday. I didn't buy it, though.

Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #89 on: Jul 10, 2014 06:33 pm »

Satoru is just a vauge possible answer to the question "Who is Lin's father?". That said, Sifu Kisu knows the answer to the million dollar question and has created a routine for Lin's father. Now unless Satoru has some hidden ninja skills, it is unlikely that he is the correct answer to the question. Now, if the previews and speculation regarding this Friday are correct, there will be another million dollar paternity question regarding Toph and her relationships.

Not to mention the father of Suyin, Toph's second daughter and Lin's half-sister, and before anyone says its spoilers, this information  was  officially released on  twitter earlier.

RhymeBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #90 on: Jul 10, 2014 06:33 pm »

As for the Sifu Kisu routine, I'll have to check that out. Smiley And @Loopy how on Earth could you resist!!!??? Shocked

RhymeBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #91 on: Jul 10, 2014 06:35 pm »

Not to mention the father of Suyin, Toph's second daughter and Lin's half-sister, and before anyone says its spoilers, this information  was  officially released on  twitter earlier.

Interesting...very interesting. Smiley

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #92 on: Jul 10, 2014 06:45 pm »

And @Loopy how on Earth could you resist!!!??? Shocked

I hate all the ATLA comics except for The Rift, which I merely find boring and forgettable. I only buy them to keep up with continuity details, and so wait for discounts or coupons.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #93 on: Jul 10, 2014 06:49 pm »

I hate all the ATLA comics except for The Rift, which I merely find boring and forgettable.

That is technically an improvement. At this rate you might like the comics that comes out two years from now. Wink

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #94 on: Jul 10, 2014 06:54 pm »

I'm hoping The Rift constitutes Gene going out on a high note. Grin

RhymeBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #95 on: Jul 10, 2014 06:57 pm »

I hate all the ATLA comics except for The Rift, which I merely find boring and forgettable.

That is technically an improvement. At this rate you might like the comics that comes out two years from now. Wink

Avatar Epsilon speaketh true! I wasn't a huge fan of the comics, but it definitely seems like the rift is a step up from the previous ones. Not that poor quality ever kept me from reading any of them of course. :3

Sifu Metalbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #96 on: Jul 10, 2014 07:07 pm »

I didn't hear that about Sifu Kisu. Do you have a link?

Also, I saw Part 2 for sale in my local comic shop yesterday. I didn't buy it, though.
It is scattered around the web (I saw it in the fandom wilds of Tumblr) but this seems to be the original source:

http://mobile.hypable.com/all/2013-03-18-legend-of-korra-season-2-momocon-teases-upcoming-new-information#1
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2014 07:09 pm by Sifu Metalbender » Logged

Viper: You're in Triple Threat Triad territory, and we're about to put you in the hospital.
Korra: You're the only ones who are gonna need a hospital, and for your sake, I hope there's one nearby.
Viper: Who do you think you are?
Korra: Why don't you come and find out.
RhymeBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #97 on: Jul 10, 2014 07:18 pm »

Cool thanks for that!

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #98 on: Jul 10, 2014 10:21 pm »

I've read the Rift part two. I have a few complaints. Basically the same I had with the last two trilogies. But I'd rather not focus on them. Gene gets carried away in his humor, he needs to figure out the balance between it and serious scenes. If he can do that, I think the comics and the characters would be more in-character with what Atla established.

~snip~
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2014 10:28 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #99 on: Jul 10, 2014 10:28 pm »

Keep spoilers out of the speculation thread! You could have PMed me to open up The Rift Part 2 early.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2014 10:31 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: