Nov 17, 2019 08:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rift Part 2 - Speculation [NO SPOILERS!]  (Read 17131 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Feb 20, 2014 05:11 am »

So Amazon has The Rift Part 2 listed for release on 29th July 2014. There's no summary of the story yet but the cover art has the Gaang underground(?) or what appears to be a mining tunnel with green light around them.

I see Sokka has a pick axe. More weapon shenanigans from him?  

Thoughts?

Description from this page: "Team Avatar find themselves up to their necks in trouble as mysterious forces threaten to destroy land once sacred to the Airbenders! While Aang journeys to the spirit world in search of clues, Toph faces off against her own past! "
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2014 10:29 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2014 05:18 am »

Katara has a lamp of those green glowy not-Tiberium crystals. I hope we will finally get something about them, like how they ended up powering Equalist electrical sticks. Like, are they really Tiberium? Or what?

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2014 06:42 am »

They are in combat position. So they're probably seeking something nasty, a powerful dark spirit or something else.Something like that.
Which means I except the festival of the part 1 to be crashed by the "thing" (let's call it "Trolly Spirit") and it then flee underground, forcing the Gaang to follow it.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2014 10:45 pm »

I've decided that those rocks aren't falling down, Toph is making them fall up.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2014 07:11 pm by Loopy » Logged

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2014 01:05 am »

They are probably about to fight the dark spirit or something. My guess is that since the refinery is apparently on sacred grounds, it made the spirit angry so now its gonna wreck things up.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2014 04:24 am »

I would rather see the Dark Spirit as doing it for the Evulz.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2014 04:35 pm »

Why is Sokka the only one who looks scared? Shouldn't he have matured into a battle-hardened warrior by now? In fact, didn't we already see that in Book 3 of ATLA?

Keeper of Sokka's Memorial Statue, Beard, and Gavel!
Fat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2014 04:52 pm »

Why is Sokka the only one who looks scared? Shouldn't he have matured into a battle-hardened warrior by now? In fact, didn't we already see that in Book 3 of ATLA?

But if he isn't pulling silly faces all the time then how are we supposed to remember that he's the designated comic relief character?
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2014 05:01 pm »

For those curious, here is a description for Part 2:

Team Avatar find themselves up to their necks in trouble as mysterious forces threaten to destroy land once sacred to the Airbenders! While Aang journeys to the spirit world in search of clues, Toph faces off against her own past!

Came from this link: http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/dark-horse-may-solicits-reveal-rift-part-2-description-and-new-korra-merch/

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2014 06:42 pm »

So, Old Man Tennyson turns out to be wearing a monster costume meant to scare the gAang and Air Acolytes away so that he can expand his factory?

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2014 08:20 pm »

For those curious, here is a description for Part 2:

Team Avatar find themselves up to their necks in trouble as mysterious forces threaten to destroy land once sacred to the Airbenders! While Aang journeys to the spirit world in search of clues, Toph faces off against her own past!

Came from this link: http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/dark-horse-may-solicits-reveal-rift-part-2-description-and-new-korra-merch/

I don't see any description in this link they provided.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2014 08:26 pm »

^ Click on the item code for The Rift Part 2 and you'll get this page:

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/914?stockItemID=MAR140061

D3stiny_Sm4sher
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Life happens wherever you are...

« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2014 01:13 am »

Yea, my guess is that it'll be kind of a combo of a couple ideas we saw in episodes of ATLA: an angry spirit exacting revenge because technology has intruded -- with any luck, it'll be a morally ambiguous situation, especially since it looks to pit Toph and Aang's beliefs against each other. That stuff will be most effective if both sides are partially right, partially wrong, and have to come to an understanding in order for a peaceful solution. (or they could do what Korra has done for two seasons in a row and be like, "Nope, let's just punch the people we disagree with and make them simple mustache twirling villains") Gene Yang hasn't done a perfect job with the comics, but his original stories are a lot better -- and he's got a lot of practice with the ATLA characters so far. I'd like to think The Rift will be the story arc that really comes together effectively, but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.

Author and art gallery manager of 'What I Learned at SRU' and 'Esteemed.'
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2014 03:43 pm »

Here is an 8 page preview for anyone interested. Not sure how I feel about it personally...

http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/the-rift-part-2-8-page-preview/

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #14 on: Jun 30, 2014 03:52 pm »

The RR are grossly out of their league here.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jun 30, 2014 04:40 pm »

The RR are always out of their league. Since when have they ever come close to winning anything? They always just show up to get their butts whooped. Cheesy

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #16 on: Jun 30, 2014 04:49 pm »

The RR are always out of their league. Since when have they ever come close to winning anything? They always just show up to get their butts whooped. Cheesy

I'm surprised they're even trying to take on Aang while fully knowing Ozai fell at his hands.
Even not knowing that, the previous defeats should've been enough to convince them brute force won't work.

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jun 30, 2014 05:05 pm »

I know Lao is obviously faking the "I have no daughter" schtick but what an ass.

It's been brought up a few times but it's pretty clear he is trying to maintain whatever reputation he has left because of both his and Toph's actions.

Like it or not Toph running away from home did have ramifications. Chances are her parents had to face harsh criticism for either sheltering their 'helpless' daughter or that they couldn't control their 'helpless' daughter. Either way Bei-Fongs are in deep trouble.

My guess is that at some point Toph and her father will have conversation that will result in Lao giving her the "That's how it's done" talk and the next thing you know all hell breaks loose.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #18 on: Jun 30, 2014 05:10 pm »

Their daughter is the greatest Earthbender in the world and she helped to end the 100 years wars.
I wouldn't be ashamed at all in their place :p

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2014 05:12 pm »

I'm surprised they're even trying to take on Aang while fully knowing Ozai fell at his hands.
Even not knowing that, the previous defeats should've been enough to convince them brute force won't work.

For some reason, the comics take place in a world where Aang didn't actually accomplish anything from the finale, including mastering the Avatar State. Maybe Zuko defeated Ozai, in this AU.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #20 on: Jun 30, 2014 05:13 pm »

I think the thing that upset me the most is the non-respect Aang get.
I mean, he (or Zuko, because everything Loopy say is canon) defeated Ozai and put an end to the war. He should be acclaimed wherever he goes, not "Huurrrrrr, Yu dao".

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jun 30, 2014 08:10 pm »

But the Rough Rhinos are Fire Nation...and an elite team at that. They probably wanted Ozai to win so...why would they respect Aang?

I don't know why Aang defeating the Fire Nation means that everyone should bow down to him for all eternity, especially when he is currently doing something some people might not approve of.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #22 on: Jun 30, 2014 08:17 pm »

Well, I wasn't thinking respect in terms of the Manly Acknowledging Nod, but more in terms of, "Maybe we shouldn't mess with this guy without a really good plan and a stacked deck."

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Jun 30, 2014 08:49 pm »

I mean else were they gonna do? Their boss ordered them to get the Avatar out. Were they just supposed to step aside and let him pass?

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #24 on: Jun 30, 2014 09:31 pm »

Well, I'd like to think better of their boss, too. This guy is supposed to be savvy, but his method of dealing with the Avatar is "Get 'im!" I'm not feeling like this guy is a player, you know?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: