Apr 27, 2017 02:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A:TLA and LOK Merchandise from Dark Horse & Mall of America  (Read 34639 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #50 on: Aug 26, 2014 05:06 pm »

Seriously, why is it 60 dollars? Is there something about it that I don't know.

I mean, yeah, it's a Kataang family photo and Kataang is awesome but...60$? That must be either really high quality or just overpriced. If it's not a limited time offer maybe I can ask for it as a birthday present or something...

It's limited in quantity (in other words, don't delay purchasing it too long if you intend on getting it) and based on past art prints done in this process they describe (Giclee) the results are quite beautiful and look the same on a wall. I'd say, personally, $60 is easily a good price for the quality of the item.

So it is a limited time thing then? Crap.

Also, is is the print just paper or is it made with some special material?

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
CaptainCoulson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #51 on: Aug 26, 2014 09:46 pm »

Seriously, why is it 60 dollars? Is there something about it that I don't know.

I mean, yeah, it's a Kataang family photo and Kataang is awesome but...60$? That must be either really high quality or just overpriced. If it's not a limited time offer maybe I can ask for it as a birthday present or something...

It's limited in quantity (in other words, don't delay purchasing it too long if you intend on getting it) and based on past art prints done in this process they describe (Giclee) the results are quite beautiful and look the same on a wall. I'd say, personally, $60 is easily a good price for the quality of the item.

So it is a limited time thing then? Crap.

Also, is is the print just paper or is it made with some special material?

Its just regular paper in a matte'd frame.

Saw two guys walking around with it at Comic-Con. Immediately NEEDED IT. But went to the Nick booth and saw the price and walk right away (after buying a Pabu plush!)

It's a great picture but it's not worth $60, sorry. I'd rather give $60 to 6 different independent artists and get 6 pictures instead of paying Nickelodeon 60 bucks for one...
CaptainCoulson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #52 on: Aug 27, 2014 06:05 pm »

Nickelodeon Universe now has new Korra merchandise for sale!

A Brand new Pabu Plushie!

And a Brand New Korra mug!
http://www.shopnicku.com/product_p/7356397.htm

The Pabu plush is much cuter than the one initially sold at Comic-Con in my opinion, i'm so upset I just bought mine from Comic Con this past year! I skipped out on it in 2013, but couldn't resist it in 2014! Now I NEED this one! Ahhhh!

Avatar_Mom, I'm sure you need this in your collection, I hope I helped you find it!
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #53 on: Aug 27, 2014 08:10 pm »

Already discussed with in "Dark Horse Deluxe to Produce A:TLA and LOK Merchandise". Merged.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #54 on: Sep 18, 2014 12:35 am »

Good eye airspeedprime!

PreviewsWorld published a price and estimated date for the Legend of Korra Aang Memorial Statue

The list here shows the statue at around 149.00 (US), but i have seen a price of 165.00 on other sites. i need to find out the best place to preorder Smiley

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/914?stockItemID=OCT140141

Saturius
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: Sep 18, 2014 07:08 pm »

Ohhh! Finally some news on that statue.  A bit pricey, but I want it.
BoomerAang Squad
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #56 on: Sep 29, 2014 11:31 am »

Looks like they've made a coffee mug for ATLA as well.

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

...and to another ten!

« Reply #57 on: Sep 30, 2014 11:28 pm »

http://www.shopnicku.com/v/vspfiles/photos/7356395-2.jpg

New, original ATLA merchandise!? I need that in my life. Shocked

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks,
and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
ENCOM786
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: Oct 04, 2014 03:44 pm »

The Avatar Aang Memorial Statue is up for pre-order at a discount in a few places:

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Legend-Of-Korra%3A-Aang-Memorial-Statue___464658

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=LEGEND+OF+KORRA+AANG+MEMO_1385431

Has anyone purchased from either site and can vouch for their shipping methods?

I can't wait for this thing, it looks incredible!
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #59 on: Oct 04, 2014 05:55 pm »

I am super excited places like Midtown will have the statue! I am calling around my locals  now to see who else will have it in... mwahaha. i am happy to see it on TFAW, but really disappointed that the shipping they use is USPS First Class... um... WHY? For a statue like this, I want shipping options

ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #60 on: Oct 15, 2014 11:06 pm »

So, I was able to bring home one of the AMAZING Aang Memorial Statues from NYCC. It is GORGEOUS!!!!! The box is labeled a NYCC exclusive, and the statue is numbered. My number is 76 ^_^;

UnownLegend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thank you Returnable Memory for the set!

« Reply #61 on: Oct 21, 2014 07:00 pm »

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/10/21/legend-of-korras-aang-memorial-statue-is-coming-your-way-from-dark-horse-deluxe

It's it the same as this? Because I really want this, but 150! I'm not sure I can do that

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: Mar 06, 2015 06:15 pm »

I bought this mug and I love it. It's actually pretty big compared to other coffee mugs I have. They have a Korra one too now.
KatrinaKadabra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #63 on: Jun 22, 2015 10:35 am »

Wow... this thread is tempting me to buy lots of things I didn't know I wanted ten minutes ago.

Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #64 on: Jul 08, 2015 10:43 pm »

Korranation just posted a Dark Horse statue of Korra.

Crossposting here, since it's by Dark Horse.

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
Fieryfurnace
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Just passin' through

« Reply #65 on: Oct 10, 2015 11:40 am »

Dark Horse is apparently planning to release a statue of Aang. Prototype shown at NYCC.

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #66 on: Oct 10, 2015 11:55 am »

Between this and the Korra statues, I have to ask - are "foot/feet on rock" and "one foot on elevated rock" some kind of default pose stencil that comes free with paper and pencil you intend to use to draw a statue concept?

Even if it is the same pose, why not ice, or metal, or wood, or even stone stairs?

Stairs might still be made of stone, but it's.... something different, at least. Could even have the character running up them.

See the bitter remnants, milling around the corpse of a dead god.
Bled dry man, transfusion shy, blood critic
It is what it is, and it will never be what it wasn’t.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writing
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #67 on: Oct 10, 2015 12:01 pm »

Between this and the Korra statues, I have to ask - are "foot/feet on rock" and "one foot on elevated rock" some kind of default pose stencil that comes free with paper and pencil you intend to use to draw a statue concept?

Even if it is the same pose, why not ice, or metal, or wood, or even stone stairs?

Stairs might still be made of stone, but it's.... something different, at least. Could even have the character running up them.

Ice would be slippery, metal give the idea that you are stepping on technology, wood has splinters, and stairs make cardio bunnies drool while obese people start sweating.

Standing on the earth shows that you are still grounded to reality and looking out into the distance with a strong pose shows that you are a dreamer/thinking/leader/ready to confront challenges.
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #68 on: Oct 10, 2015 12:18 pm »

Point is that it shows up a lot and is clichéd. I can see the benefits but something else would be nice. Using the same thing over and over again makes them seem more... interchangeable? Stamped out?

See the bitter remnants, milling around the corpse of a dead god.
Bled dry man, transfusion shy, blood critic
It is what it is, and it will never be what it wasn’t.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writing
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #69 on: Oct 12, 2015 06:16 pm »

I saw this in person. I'm not a fan of the expression; I think the ZWYER stuff does a much better job capturing the characters.

Fieryfurnace
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Just passin' through

« Reply #70 on: Jan 16, 2016 04:08 pm »

The final design of Dark Horse's Aang statue from their April 2016 solicitations is here.

Here's a link to the statue itself. The picture is quite large.

It is sculpted by Joe Menna and will be released on the 22nd of June for $79.99. It's 8 1/4” tall (equating to approximately 21cm) and is a limited edition.

Personally i'm not a fan of his eyes. At all. They don't look right and the face itself is quite feminine looking. (It looks like they've tried to render him in LOK's style but i don't think the look fits.) On the plus side the body sculpt is fine (if simple) and the colours are bright (as they should be, for Aang). Though it's not as expensive, I'd rather wait for ZWYER's ATLA sculpts, even if it will take years to get to them at the rate that they are going.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2016 04:11 pm by Fieryfurnace » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: