Oct 17, 2017 08:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A:TLA and LOK Merchandise from Dark Horse & Mall of America  (Read 35520 times)
akiragrl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Awesome sig by plushu

« on: Feb 19, 2014 01:37 pm »

Saw a facebook post earlier this morning, with a link to Darkhorse's website...

"Dark Horse Comics and Nickelodeon are expanding their incredibly successful publishing partnership to include a wide range of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra collectable items.  These brand-new products ranging from figures to plush will debut at International Toy Fair in New York February 2014, and will be released in May.

A full list of products in development include: limited-edition statues, figurines, and busts, as well as, featured plush, drinking glasses, cups, coffee mugs, coaster sets, magnets, playing cards, badges, pins, lunch boxes, sculptural pins, among other items."

In other news, Darkhorse now essentially owns every penny I make from here until May. Grin

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1598/dark-horse-deluxe-produce-merchandise-based-hit-ni?utm_source=facebook%20&utm_medium=organic%20&utm_campaign=legend%20of%20korra%20merchandise
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2014 08:11 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Toph's "Toph, you rule!", Makorralin's "We're in!" "We are?" "Yes!" exchange, Mako's "Hey, I didn't agree to this!", Korra's stroll with Naga, Lin's "I'm watching you" gesture
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2014 03:54 pm »

Unbelievable. Finally...Korra merchandise?

Crap, but I'm saving money for the Blu-Ray of Book 2. Sorry Nick, my money is going to the real thing instead >< even if I really want some cool Korra stuff.
SpiritMask
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Smugface is smug

bandicootmask@hotmail.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2014 03:58 pm »

Plush

Sisters future birthday present=solved

'let's be careful out there'
-Phil Esterhaus
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2014 04:43 pm »

Even though I'm very probably not going to actually buy toys, I foamed.

By the way,
Katara, Toph, Suki, June, Azula, Mai, Ty Lee, Ursa, Kanna, Hama, Ursa, Joo Dee, Pema, Kya, Lin, Korra, Asami, Ikki, and Jinora called.

They want action figures... No pressure Tongue

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2014 05:09 pm »

#KataraActionFigure2014

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2014 05:33 pm »

Can't wait a little Ozai plushie who yell insults at you when you press on it's belly.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2014 06:12 pm »

These brand-new products ranging from figures to plush will debut at International Toy Fair in New York February 2014, and will be released in May.

What's up with this part of the press release?  Today is the last day of Toy Fair and there aren't any images of said merchandise.  =/

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
akiragrl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Awesome sig by plushu

« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2014 07:25 pm »

#KataraActionFigure2014

That's the dream (that's lasted years longer than any dream should)

Can't wait a little Ozai plushie who yell insults at you when you press on it's belly.

When you tug on his beard, "I am... the Phoenix King!!"

I keep Toph's "Toph, you rule!", Makorralin's "We're in!" "We are?" "Yes!" exchange, Mako's "Hey, I didn't agree to this!", Korra's stroll with Naga, Lin's "I'm watching you" gesture
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2014 09:04 pm »

Holy Collectibles, Batman!!  Shocked

I can't believe it, merchandise AND female heroes included? I'll probably be broke after this, but still, its a dream come true! Grin

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2014 04:17 am »

Statues and figurines eh? That's gonna be my downfall but... I have no space left in my room!

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2014 05:33 am »

Ooo, I'm really interested in the statues, figurines, and busts. And plush. And playing cards, oh my god, yes!

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2014 05:39 am »

If this does well, do you think it will somehow convince Nick to release Atla soundtrack? Or Book 2 of Lok... I would pay fortune for those.

And isn't it time for a good Avatar game? I'm waiting for that too Nick. Since THQ is dead, maybe someone competent might pick Avatar up.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2014 06:28 am »

For the game ? He, Rockstar for the impossible dream : Grand Theft Auto VI : Republic City Edition.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2014 07:15 am »

For the game ? He, Rockstar for the impossible dream : Grand Theft Auto VI : Republic City Edition.

I'm sure Nickelodeon would love that.  xD

I kind of suspect that if they do a tie-in game, it's not going to be full retail the way the A:tLA games were -- current/last-gen development is really expensive, while PSN/XBL development might be more reasonable. 

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2014 12:25 pm »

They'll probably make a fighting game if lazy (with briefs cutscenes for history) or a adventure game with (maybe) "open world".
Honestly, I can't see how they can pull of a ATLA game :p. Korra would've been a bit easier (it could go to Book 1 and stop at UnaVaatu's final fight, and extend to book 3 if it's out).

Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2014 04:21 pm »

Only worthwhile if Shady Shin is a playable character.

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2014 07:11 pm »

Nothing in that product list interests me, but I'm glad the franchise is getting more merchandising support, and hopefully good sales will lead to more stuff, like poseable collector-oriented action figures.

Hm, if the high-end, adult-oriented stuff sells well, maybe Dark Horse will start producing comics for more mature readers, as well. Not that I want violence or sex in my ATLA comics, but something that takes Sokka seriously as a character would be nice.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #17 on: Feb 21, 2014 06:14 am »

Nah worry Stupendous. Shady is the main character.
There is some strange glitches (Amon's neck growing taller at some scenes, the characters hovering when they're supposed to walk, Bolin being voiced by Peter Cullen with his Optimus voice) but you can use catch moves on Mako all the time, this alone is what make the game interesting.

DeusExKatrina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Carly Shay Guevara

« Reply #18 on: Feb 22, 2014 07:27 am »

:OOOOOO This is bloody amazing. I'm floored. Can't wait to see this stuff.

\\\"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.\\\"
Team Azula.
Keeper of Korra\\\'s misadventure with the powder puff and the Korra = Amon = Aang theory.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2014 08:23 pm »

I want them but why are the colors black and orange? =/

More loot listed here. Just ctrl-f "Legend of Korra" and click the item codes on the left to get a picture of the merchandise.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Blue Warpath
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Evil is love. Evil is life.

« Reply #20 on: Feb 22, 2014 08:28 pm »

http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK620001-640000/STK634458.jpg

I want them but why are the colors black and orange? =/

More loot listed here. Just ctrl-f "Legend of Korra" and click the item codes on the left to get a picture of the merchandise.

In my opinion, the colour scheme are bland and the elemental symbols look like they've been stuck on with glue, but maybe that's just the picture for the latter. Meh. It's not for me. Maybe if it had different colours, I might consider it.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2014 10:00 pm by Blue Warpath » Logged

Keeper of Kuvira's owning, Asami's lacking development, and Azula's nails.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Feb 22, 2014 08:56 pm »

I guess I can use them for drinking games while watching the show with others. Risky though, especially if someone makes a strong rule.

And they're probably those color for ease plus orange is Nick's thing, and the black part could be the catchall background for the show title that comes on after Tenzin finishes speaking. Or the Nick HD thing mix. Or Dark Horse wants to be edgy.
DeusExKatrina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Carly Shay Guevara

« Reply #22 on: Feb 23, 2014 01:40 pm »

Not a promising start... The orange is pretty perplexing. Ahintoflime makes a good point, can't think of any other reason why they'd be that color. But at least the symbols are more or less correct unlike the movie merch.

The coasters are kind of cool, I'd definitely pick those up if/when I need new coasters. Hopefully this is just the beginning and there's much more to come. I'm not generally the type to advocate buying stuff for reasons other than wanting to have it, but for those of us who are big fans of merch (which I certainly am), buying some of these first line items is likely to lead to more ATLA merchandise. This may be like their barometer to see if there's interest.

\\\"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.\\\"
Team Azula.
Keeper of Korra\\\'s misadventure with the powder puff and the Korra = Amon = Aang theory.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #23 on: Feb 23, 2014 03:00 pm »

"LoK comes in pints?! I'm getting one!"

akiragrl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Awesome sig by plushu

« Reply #24 on: Mar 12, 2014 04:57 pm »

I prefer a slightly smaller size Wink

Also, they've now put up a page for the lunchbox we'd already seen, as well as a magnet set, my future shot glasses (I guess they're starting to acknowledge their adult demographic?), and a coffee mug. Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2014 04:59 pm by akiragrl » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: