Dec 07, 2019 02:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *Technically*, does the Avatar have to master all four elements?  (Read 10310 times)
HappyPandaGamer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Needs more cowbell

« Reply #25 on: Jan 08, 2014 07:53 pm »

If you wanted to get technical, there are also hybrids of the elements.

Bloodbending, doesn't really seem like a hybrid because humans are 75% water.

Sandbending, seems to be a mixture of earth(being grinded up earth to make sand) and air.

Metalbending- Earth(refined)

Don't forget the swampbeding too.

Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shell
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2014 10:25 pm »

^ I wouldn't say technical, since sandbenders haven't been shown to actually move the wind at all when they manipulate sand. They just manipulate... the sand. That's it. Of course it would still be ridiculously easy for a airbender to hide among them since airbending is actually quite effective at mimicking the most basic uses of earthbending.

And swampbending is literally just waterbending, only they manipulate the water inside the plants. Hama demonstrated it when teaching Bloodbending to Katara.

Firebending is fairly straightforward as well. For instance, they could not manipulate magma seeing as magma is just molten rock. They could manipulate the heat that magma gives off, and they can manipulate lava as well. But not molten rock.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
AmonKorra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2014 10:28 pm »

They couldn't manipulate lava because, unless I'm mistaken, lava is just what magma is called when it reaches the surface.

"The power of the shinobi...is the power to protect what's important to you."
"Okay, then, tell me. Are you prepared to kill to protect what's important to you?"
Spartan Kobe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2014 10:47 pm »

They couldn't manipulate lava because, unless I'm mistaken, lava is just what magma is called when it reaches the surface.
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/magma
I believe that you are correct.

"OK Kobe not everybody is an Asian robot like you"- A friend of mine
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Jan 08, 2014 10:48 pm »

^ That's pretty strange then since that unnamed Fire Avatar in one of Roku's flashbacks with Aang did it. Although he was a Avatar, so them being able to combine two different bending styles would not be a stretch for the imagination.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2014 01:26 am »

^ That's pretty strange then since that unnamed Fire Avatar in one of Roku's flashbacks with Aang did it. Although he was a Avatar, so them being able to combine two different bending styles would not be a stretch for the imagination.

Not to mention, he was in the avatar state when he did it.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #31 on: Jan 23, 2014 07:23 pm »

Did he? Or did he simply do something to increase the pressure underneath the volcanoes, thus prompting them to explode? Wink

Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #32 on: Jan 24, 2014 12:47 am »

Looking at context, he was shown doing it as a representation of firebending. If he was using earthbending, that would have been a lame cheat. I'm  going with firebending here. He pumped so much thermal energy into that magma chamber, the whole area went nuts. Like iroh heating his tea, only bigger.

Come to think of it, these eruptions must have caused incredible damage. Darkened sky causing climatic shifts, clouds of greenhouse gasses for generations to come, rains hot ash-Pompeii style, rivers of all consuming lava, skin-melting pyroclastic flows thundering through villages

All because he wanted to look badass. What a jerk. Heh, he was representing firebenders afterall Tongue

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
otaku_ben
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

o_l_me_l_o
« Reply #33 on: Jan 24, 2014 01:37 am »

I think the other point to mastering all the elements is to help the avatar to sympathize with all the nations. Since they both train in the elements respective nations and have a master of that nation it creates a strong bond so an avatar doesn't favor one nation over another.

Keeper of:
Aang's Onion and Banana Juice
Iroh's White Jade Tea
Bumi's Mad Genius
Toph's Blind Bandit Persona
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: