Apr 21, 2019 10:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Zuko's daughter have helped Korra???  (Read 8811 times)
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Dec 19, 2013 02:11 pm »

One thing that's been bugging me for a while is whether or not Zuko's daughter would of sent troops to the south. Korra asked president Raiko for help but he refused. It seemed like his reasons for refusing Korra was rather legitimate, as it would involve sending his men to fight the northern water tribe. A fight that is not theres. So, what I am wondering is, had Korra made it to the fire nation capital to speak to Zuko's daughter, would she have risked, sending her own troops to help the south. it seems if she had, it would of sparked another world war. For these reasons, I doubt she would send her soldiers to fight their battle. On the flip side I doubt she would of flat out refused Korra as president Raiko did. It is suggested that she also respects the avatar, and going by Iroh 2's enthusiasm she would do what ever she could to help Korra.

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2013 02:39 pm »

One thing that's been bugging me for a while is whether or not Zuko's daughter would of sent troops to the south. Korra asked president Raiko for help but he refused. It seemed like his reasons for refusing Korra was rather legitimate, as it would involve sending his men to fight the northern water tribe. A fight that is not theres. So, what I am wondering is, had Korra made it to the fire nation capital to speak to Zuko's daughter, would she have risked, sending her own troops to help the south. it seems if she had, it would of sparked another world war. For these reasons, I doubt she would send her soldiers to fight their battle. On the flip side I doubt she would of flat out refused Korra as president Raiko did. It is suggested that she also respects the avatar, and going by Iroh 2's enthusiasm she would do what ever she could to help Korra.
Maybe not at first (with hesitation), but after hearing what Unalaq's plan is, she most likely probably would have.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2013 02:45 pm »

At the time, she would not have known Unalaq's true plan. All she knew is that the northern Water tribe is suppression the south. She did not know both sides of the story. I just don't think a fire lord would recklessly send their troops to the south, to fight a battle that is no there's. this also putting here soldiers lives on the line.

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2013 02:53 pm »

In the beginning she wouldn't, but once Unalaq's plans became apparent I believe she would send troops to deal with him as he would be a threat. She rules the Fire Nation, unlike Raiko who would wait for a threat to come to them, they would go and eliminate the threat before it came to their shores. I don't understand why Korra didn't just pick up a phone and call the Fire Lord and Earth Queen when Raiko refused a second time.
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2013 02:57 pm »

In the beginning she wouldn't, but once Unalaq's plans became apparent I believe she would send troops to deal with him as he would be a threat. She rules the Fire Nation, unlike Raiko who would wait for a threat to come to them, they would go and eliminate the threat before it came to their shores. I don't understand why Korra didn't just pick up a phone and call the Fire Lord and Earth Queen when Raiko refused a second time.

She didnt because it would of taken too long for them to respond, mobilise and send their armies to the south. When Raiko refused she had no choice but to go in alone. Although, had she had the UN backing her up, she would have been able to close the portal.

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2013 03:33 pm »

At the time, she would not have known Unalaq's true plan. All she knew is that the northern Water tribe is suppression the south. She did not know both sides of the story. I just don't think a fire lord would recklessly send their troops to the south, to fight a battle that is no there's. this also putting here soldiers lives on the line.
Hence the "Maybe not at first". If the UN had some elite Waterbender teams, the northern troops probably would have been defeated without a single plane and a fire and earthbender.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2013 05:27 pm »

She didnt because it would of taken too long for them to respond, mobilise and send their armies to the south. When Raiko refused she had no choice but to go in alone. Although, had she had the UN backing her up, she would have been able to close the portal.
Considering that the Fire Nation has outposts and several parts of the Earth Kingdom are closer to the South Pole than Republic City and each are larger than the URN, they should presumably be able to get some troops out there. Though still not sure why it took THREE days for the United Forces to reach Republic City, who in their right mind has a country in which the capital doesn't always have troops immediately available?
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2013 01:08 am »

^ The United Forces operate like worldwide peacekeepers similar to the UN peacekeepers. Bumi's stories about being in the hurricane straits or stranded during a rescue operation near Ba Sing Se definitely imply that the United Forces seem to regularly operate far and away from Republic City. It's a good reason for why their navy is so prominent.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2013 01:26 am »

Yet their air force practically non-existent. It is still an extremely terrible idea for the capital of a nation to not have troops available at all times. Even with forces stretched thin, the Fire Nation still had a formidable presence in their capital and only backed down during the invasion to lure the invaders in and then go in for the kill (not literally though) once the eclipse had ended.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2013 02:20 am »

^ Maybe because biplanes are only being produced by Asami and Future Industries. Not to mention that the biplanes were used by the Equalists to cripple a entire battlegroup, and I can see why the United Republic is hesitant or harbors a stigma against using biplanes.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2013 02:27 am »

^ Maybe because biplanes are only being produced by Asami and Future Industries. Not to mention that the biplanes were used by the Equalists to cripple a entire battlegroup, and I can see why the United Republic is hesitant or harbors a stigma against using biplanes.

But even if it was first used by the enemy, that doesn't mean they shouldn't use it. Planes aren't bad, only the person using them. Iroh got around to using one, and he did some good flying.

Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2013 03:52 am »

^ I'm not saying the technology itself is bad, just that the first impression everyone got of the biplanes was their utter effectiveness at wiping out a huge battlegroup of ships.

That might color their feelings about using biplanes.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2013 04:49 am »

^ I'm not saying the technology itself is bad, just that the first impression everyone got of the biplanes was their utter effectiveness at wiping out a huge battlegroup of ships.

Which I was kind of hoping that the URN would decide to get some of their own after finding what a biplane could do. Next time someone tries to invade, they'll have an even better defense set up.

fire nation spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2013 04:55 am »

I wondered this too

in fact, it would be even worse if the Fire Nation meddles with a war that had absolutely nothing to do with them in the first place, moreso than URN because i dont think anti-FN sentiments from their 100 year imperialistic march could be easily forgotten from people's minds after only 70 years.

i thought it crazy for Korra to ask help from the very instigators of that century long war by making them go to war again to stop another war, even if the royal family  meant well and are advocates of the Avatar's cause; diplomatically, it just wouldn't do.

that's why i think Zuko's daughter would likely not concede to Korra's request. she needed more reason other than 'civil strife' to get her  army to action....one of which could be the end of the world as we know it.
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2013 07:23 am »

Which I was kind of hoping that the URN would decide to get some of their own after finding what a biplane could do. Next time someone tries to invade, they'll have an even better defense set up.

They did:

Granted, they didn't do much against Unavaatu, but they definitely had them.

(Which kind of makes me wonder why Asami's company was in so much trouble, to be honest!)

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
version15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2013 08:27 am »

^^actually its possible anti fire nation sentiments weren't very prominent anymore. For example, in the united states we don't have anti German or Japanese sentiments just because WW2 was 80 years ago.

Keeper of the Red Spirit, both the canon inspiration for the Blue Spirit and the real life title messup in the channel guides on TV
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2013 09:42 am »

^^actually its possible anti fire nation sentiments weren't very prominent anymore. For example, in the united states we don't have anti German or Japanese sentiments just because WW2 was 80 years ago.

Relations between China and Japan are still very ice cold.

Besides, Germany and Japan didn't do anything on the level the Fire Nation did.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
danseru-kun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2013 09:46 am »

Because Germany and Japan never actually reached US mainland. The situation is different for those whose civilian population actually suffered under invaders for prolonged periods.

danseru-kun.tumblr.com
Space Oddity
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2013 10:58 am »

(Which kind of makes me wonder why Asami's company was in so much trouble, to be honest!)

My unofficial explanation...

What with Hiroshi serving time for treason, the URN seized a good chunk of his preexisting Equalist army arsenal for their own uses as "restitution".  So, while Asami might hope for them as future customers, for the moment, she's losing money, and the URN got those things for nothing.

With Cabbage Corp doubtless gleefully rubbing its metaphorical hands the entire time.
version15
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2013 11:05 am »

^^^ ^^both very very true. Hmm. Its quite possible, even with the whole harmony restoration movement, and possibly especially due to it.

Keeper of the Red Spirit, both the canon inspiration for the Blue Spirit and the real life title messup in the channel guides on TV
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2013 11:45 am »

When I said air force, I meant airships. You know they've only been around for 70 years and are used by the metal bending police. Why didn't they implement those in their arsenal and only relied on battleships? The city was bombed by airships, which have a longer range than the battleships could have. Even if the Equalists didn't have biplanes to use against the United Forces, their armada of airships would've been enough to sink those ships from a safe distance.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2013 12:49 pm »

They did:

Granted, they didn't do much against Unavaatu, but they definitely had them.

Well I feel embarrassed. Then again maybe it was those darn finals that made me forget. I agree. Someone in the UF had to have bought all of those planes. Asami shouldn't have been ruined entirely.

teenj12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2013 05:24 pm »

Hmmm......Korra could have played the, "But your father helped Avatar Aang!" card.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2013 05:38 pm by teenj12 » Logged
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2013 05:28 pm »

Varrick did take over her company, perhaps he sold the planes to the United Forces. Asami just lacks business sense.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Dec 20, 2013 05:38 pm »

^Possibly. Book 2's timeframe is quite big.

^^Heh. She tried it with Lin, but she had no luck. Then again, the Fire Lord has always been friends with the Avatar. I wonder if Zuko has even met Korra.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: